Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I think I bought something during the sale but I can't really remember. Steam sales have become like bad marriages--I just want them to end as soon as possible and be forever erased from my mind.

Looking back on the year in general I have to say that finally making the transition to PC gaming was the best decision I made in 2016. Becoming a regular participant in this thread was the worst.

Happy new year!

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who've played Drachenfels, how is it? And do a lot of players actually have this DLC?
If you are going to be doing contracts after you finish the story (by completing all the maps once) it might be worth it. It is three levels and they are all pretty well done, but if you're playing solo with bots it might be an exercise in frustration as they seem harder than the base game levels are and the bots suck in general.

Lots of fun with a team of 4 though, the Dungeons level has a unique mechanic that is neat.

GFhvyhx.jpg

O8Ury4T.jpg

:D

A winner is me!

confirmed:

https://twitter.com/TinManGames/status/815726449885749248

[customspoiler=Goooooo!]
0RAaBJx.gif
[/customspoiler]

Also, I've seen that Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom might be removed? madjoki bought it so I'll take that as a yes.
It's a $40 game that became $3 a few months ago and is $1.50

I'm suspicious it's going away

Actually bought it during the fall sale, if you want a new 2D Zelda game, this game did it really well. Don't even like Adventure Time, wayforward are just really good devs

Didn't one of the other Adventure Time games get delisted earlier this month? Yeah I wouldn't risk this one, it's by Wayforward so at least it'll be mediocre at best.

Very short list this year:

All Guns On Deck
why All Guns on Deck?

I've been eyeing this since the very first date of Early Access. It is on the very top of my "game with greatest potential" list but too bad its developer just abandoned the game in such a sorry state. Even worse, the discount is ridiculously little for an abandoned game which makes Activision look like Mother Theresa.

I am surprised that you decided to fakey it now with such shitty discount for such a half-baked game.

(with that being said, i wouldn't mind owning it and feel a great sense of sadness whenever my wishlist reminded me of its being on sale)

/end rant

p.s. also notice that you bought Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII. Ubisuck left this game to die on PC. It won't run on modern machine. Play it on 360 if you have it. Great game.

Didn't one of the other Adventure Time games get delisted earlier this month? Yeah I wouldn't risk this one, it's by Wayforward so at least it'll be mediocre at best.
I think you're right. I don't see it anymore, and I know I saw it while playing Nameless Kingdom earlier.

Different publisher though, the one that got removed was D3.

Haul:

Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition
TRANSFORMERS: Devastation
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East!
Ys Origin
The Madness of Little Emma
Tales of Symphonia
Trials Fusion Awesome MAX Edition - this made the sale good for me, thanks madjoki!
Ghost Master
Zeus + Poseidon, Pharaoh + Cleopatra (and the rest of Sierra pack)
Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106

The sale was dull, but I still managed to buy more games than I expected.

Wanted to grab also Kerbal Space Program, TBoI: Rebirth/Afterbirth and Darkest Dungeon but those are screaming 'monthly headliners' to me, so I try to stay strong.

One of you guys must know this...  Do the Steam Awards Trading Cards that came out with this sale vanish from the marketplace tomorrow when the sale ends or will they be able to be bought/sold for a while longer afterwards?

One of you guys must know this... Do the Steam Awards Trading Cards that came out with this sale vanish from the marketplace tomorrow when the sale ends or will they be able to be bought/sold for a while longer afterwards?
Valid until 2/2/2017, 12:00:00 PM

Last day for free Marvel Heroes goodies (free costume)

I got Enhanced Spider-Gwen costume for spider man, and a nondupe Punisher for free hero day =)

One of you guys must know this... Do the Steam Awards Trading Cards that came out with this sale vanish from the marketplace tomorrow when the sale ends or will they be able to be bought/sold for a while longer afterwards?
The simple truth of the matter is, nobody outside of Valve knows for sure. As Xancui posted, the cards are apparently "valid" for another month. But we don't really know if the market listings for each cards will be kept open beyond today. Speculation is that we'll still be able to buy & sell them for a couple more weeks (which would be my guess). But we simply wont know for sure until later today.

Haul:
- doom
- gta v
- homefront revolution (full pack)
- transformers devastation
- stardew valley
- bad rats show (fox'd)

And got wolverine as my random Marvel heroes character

Steam Sale Haul 2016:

Steam Purchases / Gifts:

Arcade Game Series: 3 In 1 Pack - Galaga, Dig Dug, Pac-Man

Arcade Game Series - Ms. Pac Man -> Gifted to me

Deus Ex: The Fall - to "Complete" the Deus Ex Bundle, since it's the only one I was missing here.

CAG CessPool Purchase:

Vermintide + 2 DLC's

Other stuff that I'm maybe considering:

Unreal Game Deal Pack [Steam] - just to get it onto Steam.

"Completeing" FatShark Bundle [Steam] - to mostly get CE Stuff & Drachenfels DLC for Vermintide cheaper + I guess taking everything else along with it (the Hamilton stuff that I don't care much about).

The Secret World: Complete Edition [Funcom] - that would be for the numerous DLC's I'm missing namely.

Some Thoughts On Steam Sale + Other Digital Stores (during the Steam Sale):

Lackluster as hell.

So many good-to-great deals, glitches, sales, and whatnot been going on since the beginning of November + throughout December, all which happened before the Steam Sale came, BTW - that this Steam Sale came off as Steam's recent trend of "Nothing trailblazing" and "Nothing special." So much so, I'm bored w/ this sale + at this last hours/minutes still even contemplating even buying stuff I own already from retail (Unreal Game Pack, to put it on Steam) & even "completing" Vermintide for the DLC + CE stuff (for now, until they put out more DLC's) + even TSW (for now, until they release more DLC's).

Steam Winter Sale Haul:

​Purchases - Some Bundle Gods sacrifices

Stardew Valley

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2

Montaro

Brigador

The King of Fighters XIII

Brutal Legend

Delicious! Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitare

Super Star

Helen's Mysterious Castle

Crimzon Clover

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Bastion

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages

Aurora Nights

Red Comrades Save the Galaxy: Reloaded

Sinless

Forget Me Not: My Organic Garden

Blackwell Epiphany

Zup!

Zup!2

Gift Received:

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3

Gifted:

Orion: Prelude

Just curious.  Everyone's "physical" collections are like 4-5 games.  Am I the only one who still has everything going back?  The only thing I never bothered with was 3.5 floppies because they were cumbersome to store 40+ of.  (and temp sensitive) but I've got 2x 260+ binders full of games.  Of  course, I probably haven't even looked through them in years because everything has gone digital.  But I'm pretty sure I could get some going if I wanted to.  

Heck, I kept some of the PC Gamer CDs because they had special unlocks on them for some of the games.

Just curious. Everyone's "physical" collections are like 4-5 games. Am I the only one who still has everything going back? The only thing I never bothered with was 3.5 floppies because they were cumbersome to store 40+ of. (and temp sensitive) but I've got 2x 260+ binders full of games. Of course, I probably haven't even looked through them in years because everything has gone digital. But I'm pretty sure I could get some going if I wanted to.

Heck, I kept some of the PC Gamer CDs because they had special unlocks on them for some of the games.
Yeah, I still got all of my physical collections, bundles, PC Gamer Demo Discs, and all of that stuff - bookshelves worth of this stuff!!

Unfortunately, my Unreal Anthology retail-box key does not activate-up on Steam.

It surely was nice, when we were allowed to add UT3 Retail to Steam, :)

But, they should've also did that w/ Unreal Ant!!! :twoguns:

I also do have the usual "I want this on Steam" attitude, also. I have so many games there and this tends to be the game-client I have open + actually use & like, most of the title.

It's also a convenience thing, too - as it's just really easy to install + reinstall games digitally or from a back-up on externals (that I have plugged in all the time), without actually putting a CD/DVD in the drive. Yeah, using Steam + other digital places have spoiled me, these last numerous years.

If adding Non-Steam games to Steam games actually time-tracked within Steam and if some of these old disc games actually patched-out any of the annoying disc-based DRM (what can I say, digital stuff did spoil me w/ not wanting disc-checks!), I probably wouldn't think much about comtemplating re-buying old-stuff on Steam.

Sure, I can + could use Raptr to time-track - but really, I don't want to have too many programs always open to cause any sort of non-sense issues w/ some games. I've had to close Ratpr out numerous times, b/c it doesn't get along w/ certain games when I have Steam and other programs like MSI Afterburner going.

Final Steam Holiday sale haul:

- Final Fantasy XIII
- Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
- Lego Batman Trilogy
- Resident Evil Revelations 2
- Sega Mega Drive & Genesis Classics
- Faster than Light (gift)

Still debating a few small purchases before the sale ends, but here's what I bought so far:

Astral Breakers

Cally's Collection (Cally's 3, Cally's Trials, both OSTs)

Cladun X2

Duck Game

Escape Goat

FTL: Advanced Edition

Iron Brigade

LiEat

Lisa

Long Live the Queen

ManaCollector

Nova-111

Papers, Please

Pharaoh Rebirth

Tavernier

The Cat Lady

The Maw

The Next Penelope

The Stanley Parable

Undertale

Urban Trial Freestyle

Voyage to Farland

Then, I bought:

Defense Grid: The Awakening

Legend of the Dark Witch

Overture

I've got 79 cents left in my wallet.  I should be good until the Steam spring sale.

Just curious. Everyone's "physical" collections are like 4-5 games. Am I the only one who still has everything going back?
Back in my pre-Steam days, I used to just own a lot fewer games and play the hell out of them until the CD-ROM was ready to crumble into reflective dust. My highest played games on Steam can't hold a candle to the hours I've put into Civ II, SimCity or Medieval: Total War. Not to mention (shudder) Everquest or City of Heroes.

Plus I played fewer game hours in general and more time watching TV or on IRC. IRC at least occasionally got me laid which is more than I can say for Dead by Daylight.

Still debating a few small purchases before the sale ends, but here's what I bought so far:

Astral Breakers

Cally's Collection (Cally's 3, Cally's Trials, both OSTs)

Cladun X2

Duck Game

Escape Goat

FTL: Advanced Edition

Iron Brigade

LiEat

Lisa

Long Live the Queen

ManaCollector

Nova-111

Papers, Please

Pharaoh Rebirth

Tavernier

The Cat Lady

The Maw

The Next Penelope

The Stanley Parable

Undertale

Urban Trial Freestyle

Voyage to Farland
Curious - What are you contemplating?

Looking for game suggestions: what are some good local co-op games with "action" gameplay similar to Castle Crashers, Gauntlet, Torchlight 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, or Diablo? Mainly looking for couch co-op games to play with my wife with controllers and can be isometric, 2D, 3D, whatever.

I was hoping she would like Divinity: Original Sin but the combat is 100% the opposite of her style. Everything else (looks/art, movement, etc.) was right up her alley, though.

Curious - What are you contemplating?
I bought the following right after I posted:

Defense Grid: The Awakening

Legend of the Dark Witch

Overture

If you remember, it was you, MysterD, and the other Steam thread regulars who helped me out last year when I bought my Alienware Alpha. The majority of my purchases throughout the year have been from Humble Bundles and the like, so I was just looking for some cheap PC exclusives and hidden gems. I'm pretty satisfied with what I bought this year since they were mostly hidden gems.

Just beat Mankind Divided....didn't expect it to be good due to all the naysayers...but it was actually very much enjoyable.  4/5

Looking for game suggestions: what are some good local co-op games with "action" gameplay similar to Castle Crashers, Gauntlet, Torchlight 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, or Diablo? Mainly looking for couch co-op games to play with my wife with controllers and can be isometric, 2D, 3D, whatever.

I was hoping she would like Divinity: Original Sin but the combat is 100% the opposite of her style. Everything else (looks/art, movement, etc.) was right up her alley, though.
I'd recommend Stardust Vanguards. I own it on PS4. It's local only with no online option, but it's got mechs in it like Robotech, and it's only 51 cents! I would have rebought it on PC if I had any friends! ;)

Just beat Mankind Divided....didn't expect it to be good due to all the naysayers...but it was actually very much enjoyable. 4/5
I've been playing it - but yeah, it's great, so far. The gameplay is fantastic - especially since there's plenty of lethal and non-lethal ways to take out enemies. You can go straight stealth; straight shootout style; and/or mix+match the two styles.

I'm still waiting for the game to dive off a cliff with its story, though...since it's supposed to feel unfinished by the time it ends. We'll see how bad this part turns out, once it gets there.

I've been playing it - but yeah, it's great, so far. The gameplay is fantastic - especially since there's plenty of lethal and non-lethal ways to take of enemies.

I'm still waiting for the game to dive off a cliff with its story, though...since it's supposed to feel unfinished by the time it ends.
Yea....but the gameplay is awesome.

Yea....but the gameplay is awesome.
I'm definitely not arguing that.

In games, usually gameplay is most important.

The thing is, though - Deus Ex is a series is well known for also plot & story development. So, for it to be unfinished + just kind of drop itself, if it does end that way as many have said - is definitely not a good thing.

Regardless, I'm definitely going to keep playing. The gameplay itself is definitely phenomenal here.

I'm definitely not arguing that.

In games, usually gameplay is most important.

The thing is, though - Deus Ex is a series is well known for also plot & story development. So, for it to be unfinished + just kind of drop itself, if it does end that way as many have said - is definitely not a good thing.

Regardless, I'm definitely going to keep playing. The gameplay itself is definitely phenomenal here.
Let's hope for a sequel to finish it off lol.

Let's hope for a sequel to finish it off lol.
Inevitable.

If you listen to one of the recent Jimquisitions about Square Enix + Deus Ex MD, it's been said that anonymous workers have spilled the beans about the situation.

It's been said that basically the MD was chopped in half to get the game out there. During development, supposedly the team was split into two to work on Mankind Divided and a sequel at the same time.

And, at the last minute, Square wanted a Microtransaction-fest attached to MD - hence Praxis Kit stuff + also Breach.

Also, MD is supposedly setting up a trilogy here, a la Mass Effect.

Let's face it: Square Enix been selling record numbers + gang-busters of their flagships games (Tomb Raider series, Hitman series, Sleeping Dogs) in recent years, been spending a fortune on everything (i.e. over-spending), and still complained they didn't make enough $$ back quick enough or even at all on many of these titles.

Many gamers weren't in love w/ FF13 series (and SE had so much unused content for FF13 Part 1 on the cutting floor + spent so much on this, that they decided to salvage that stuff & released 2 more games a lot people weren't interested in); FF14 Online had to under-go major changes as its launch was horrendous; and FF15 been in development forever + finally just got released (on consoles). So, yeah - Square just been throwing money around like water. Kind of makes sense for their business stand-point to go this route for chopped-up games + Micro-transactions, so they can chop everything up + try to maximize profits....if people actually are willing to buy their stuff ASAP.

EDIT:

Jim Sterling's stuff on DX: MD + Square Enix that I'm referring to:

Mankind Derided:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sBtkU2eJ4Y

Square Enix carving games into bits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VysWXsuGPHQ

Was going through my bundle history and found some extra keys

BETRAYER
JBMJY-BQV47-E05FM

KINGDOM RUSH
FN9AE-2ZHIW-7RXZN