Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It's a hell of a time to be alive, and an even better time to be dead, but either way Diablo 3 is not a PC game that you want to play with a controller. It takes quite a bit of work and it isn't going to compare to the console version, which was redesigned to work with a gamepad.
I'm going to agree with your points because I came this close to being just like you. Well, not just like you, but like you in the sense that if I had the PS3 version of Diablo III, which I don't, my wife would probably play it with me instead of just giving me funny looks.

The only down side to the Ultimate Evil version is that you don't get the online "season" stuff, if that's a dealbreaker for anybody.

It's a hell of a time to be alive, and an even better time to be dead, but either way Diablo 3 is not a PC game that you want to play with a controller. It takes quite a bit of work and it isn't going to compare to the console version, which was redesigned to work with a gamepad.
Yeah I feel like I read an article where Blizzard stated that they intentionally did not add controller support to the PC version since it was designed for KBM play. You might be able to rig something up with a joy2key like program, but I don't know that I would recommend it, especially at higher difficulty levels.

I'm going to agree with your points because I came this close to being just like you. Well, not just like you, but like you in the sense that if I had the PS3 version of Diablo III, which I don't, my wife would probably play it with me instead of just giving me funny looks.

The only down side to the Ultimate Evil version is that you don't get the online "season" stuff, if that's a dealbreaker for anybody.
Take it from me: Even if she plays with you, the looks (funny or otherwise) never stop.

The season stuff is the main reason I still play the game, really. I don't go back to the regular game and play when my seasonal character gets moved over.

Yeah I feel like I read an article where Blizzard stated that they intentionally did not add controller support to the PC version since it was designed for KBM play. You might be able to rig something up with a joy2key like program, but I don't know that I would recommend it, especially at higher difficulty levels.
Yeah, that's what I've read too. There's some old eurogamer and polygon articles explaining how Blizzard would basically have to release an entirely different version of the PC game if they wanted to add controller support, which would also have the effect of splitting the player base. joy2key technically works, but it's not recommended.

Here's the old article if anyone is interested: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-11-why-blizzard-wont-add-controller-support-to-pc-diablo-3

I'm going to say it: Diablo 3 is better on consoles.
giphy.gif

Having never played it, I'll take your word on it. But not before I make some snarky remarks!

Eh...you mean this? http://alersteam.com/blog/en/

So you have to register a Wordpress account with them, then go to the English version of the page and click "Activate key" and hope that your key works (I have two and neither worked). Then you get to access their super sekrit forum where you will find your key. Make sure you get out your secret decoder rings and Navajo Code Talkers just in case they're even more of a pain in the ass.

:speaktothehand: :speaktothehand: :speaktothehand: Shitty devs make it too hard to get keys for their games.

EDIT: Oh their website doesn't work because "it got hacked" like all those other people who don't want to give games away to people who bought them in bundles. He better make sure he revokes the keys that were given out, just to make sure...
I didn't say it worked (I didn't bother to try it yet) or was easy.

Just noticed when looking up some of my old poopees stuff.

Explain the Derpablo 3 season "play" as if I were MysterD....I have a character that I ran through the story in main game/reaper of souls.....now what?  I have to create a new character for season play?  I can use the SP char in "Seasons"?   Do I just miss all the seasons?  

I cannot be bothered to read any FAQs, Wikipedia or HuffPo...I get all my info from the source of truth: CAG Forums!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just now got an order confirmation from Dell. My initial thought was less "This is happening!" and more "Huh, so now I'm gonna have a SSD laying around here".

Still expecting a cancellation, of course. But was surprised for see the confirmation come through after so long.
Did it take hours for it to be sent? I got one the minute I paid, though I used PayPal. The order status still says "Confirmed", so I don't know if it'll be canceled or not.

Yeah, I ordered around 10:30pm CST (or whenever I posted) and just got the confirmation this morning.  I had assumed my order was just going to be smothered in the crib, without cancellation, before it was ever confirmed and made a real order.

As a self admitting Diablo III noob, what's the best way to start out? I have Reaper of Souls but have never activated/installed it.

Is it best to play though the original D3 story prior to RoS being installed? Or is that just the stupidest thing ever? Or does it even matter?

I'm actually being serious.

As a self admitting Diablo III noob, what's the best way to start out? I have Reaper of Souls but have never activated/installed it.

Is it best to play though the original D3 story prior to RoS being installed? Or is that just the stupidest thing ever? Or does it even matter?

RoS doesn't really change the base game just includes the Crusader character (with all the dialog) to play with. So doesn't really matter.

Explain the Derpablo 3 season "play" as if I were MysterD....I have a character that I ran through the story in main game/reaper of souls.....now what? I have to create a new character for season play? I can use the SP char in "Seasons"? Do I just miss all the seasons?

I cannot be bothered to read any FAQs, Wikipedia or HuffPo...I get all my info from the source of truth: CAG Forums!!!!
Seasons require a fresh character to play them, but you can take one of your existing characters and knock them down to level 1 and use them then. Either way, you're starting over.

Seasons have their own set of achievements, and you can earn bonus items for completing the seasonal achievements through Chapter IV in each season. The upcoming Season 9 will give a cosmetic pet & armor pieces for this (the pets don't fight for you, but they will collect gold that falls from killing enemies).

Activate Reaper of Souls. It adds another class, Act V, bumps max level from 60 to 70, and adds Adventure Mode (which I believe you won't be able to access until you play through the game once).

Yeah, I ordered around 10:30pm CST (or whenever I posted) and just got the confirmation this morning. I had assumed my order was just going to be smothered in the crib, without cancellation, before it was ever confirmed and made a real order.
Well, here's hoping I got in early enough. I only bought one (wanted to get another for a bud but figured it wasn't worth the risk)... all those people who bought a lot of drives will definitely have their order canceled though.

Get someone to powerlevel you to 70 and then never play again. That's what I did.

Go ahead and install RoS. I'd recommend just picking a class that seems interesting to you and plowing through the campaign. You'll probably realize pretty quickly if it appeals to you or not. Admittedly, I had a hard time getting into the PC version due to the whole pointy-clicky thing. It wasn't until I played it on consoles that I got hooked, but I own up to my shame in that regard.

Seasons require a fresh character to play them, but you can take one of your existing characters and knock them down to level 1 and use them then. Either way, you're starting over.

Seasons have their own set of achievements, and you can earn bonus items for completing the seasonal achievements through Chapter IV in each season. The upcoming Season 9 will give a cosmetic pet & armor pieces for this (the pets don't fight for you, but they will collect gold that falls from killing enemies).

Activate Reaper of Souls. It adds another class, Act V, bumps max level from 60 to 70, and adds Adventure Mode (which I believe you won't be able to access until you play through the game once).
If I create a new character called Sir MysterD for Season play, will I get to start at season 1 or do I just jump on the train at the current season?

BTW giving even more Impressions of Coin Crypt + its DLC:

I unlocked all the characters that you can get by getting coins. Still consistently unlocking blessings (essential IMHO to doing well). The characters all play pretty differently, though I generally try to do the generic character to try to beat the game. Very, very hard game, and after a time I realized that you should choose a deity to give coins to their statue as the more coins they receive, the better coins they give. I generally like all of them for different characters (purple deity is likely my favorite with green second and blue third) and there is a lot more to this game then I gave it credit for. It's very hard though and some characters are IMHO garbage, such as the one that plays every coin from their hand, or the ghost who keeps dropping coins. Honestly this game is a good rogue like. There is the RNG of coins you get from chests, blessings you get and such. I do like that the big bad guys on the map mainly always appear (like the fairy in the caves). These guys are tough but give excellent coins/accessories. It's very hard esp since you rarely ever get more HP and some creatures will do a lot of damage quickly.

I underestimated this game, and honestly it deserves maybe an 8/10 or even 8.5. With the good DLC, there is a lot of coin variety, and the mass amount of characters let the game be played many different ways. I just want to beat the main guy on the mountain, and hopefully soon that will happen. Way better than I expected.

I'm going to say it: Diablo 3 is better on consoles. The gameplay feels much more fluid and satisfying with a controller, and it is an awesome game for local co-op. I have an emotional bias in that regard because it's one of the only games my wife will actually play with me without widening the valley of resentment the exists between us, and it's one of the games I'm most excited to play with my son once he is old enough to officially become a junior member of the Church of Satan.
This might be just enough for me not to buy it again on PC. I have only put a couple hours in it on PS3.

I'm told you have to unlock adventure mode in season play to be able to play it... rather than simply unlock adventure mode in non-season play so it can be available for season play?  y/n?

If you're picking up D3, don't forget you can use your bing points (to get a gift card), or if able your CC reward points, to buy a $20 battle.net card on Amazon.

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot about tax. And Blizzard won't let you pay for some with balance and the rest with a payment method because reasons. So now I get to wait to see how long it takes for them to add the extra 1.50 I need to be able to use the $20 card I got for $15. 

Thank god Steam isn't that stupid about their wallet feature. 

Just stop! None of you are going to actually play it anyway. I know from experience. Save your money.

This has been a public service announcement....

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/idlemastery#announcements/detail/276242807872697595

Idle Master 1.4.1 Released
January 5 - jshackles
Idle Master version 1.4.1 has been released. This release includes the following changes:
  • Fixed a bug that caused users badge pages not to load correctly.
  • Updated dependencies and localization.
This release is available for download from www.SteamIdleMaster.com and is also available on Github[github.com]. The source code for this release is also available on Github[github.com].

You can update your existing Idle Master program by overwriting it with the files from this release.

Before anyone gets too excited, this is just a bugfix release that adds no new features. I doubt I'll be adding any new features to the program, but this was an easy bug to fix and it was affecting a lot of users so I decided to do a maintenance release. This doesn't mean the project is less dead, just on life support.

I'm told you have to unlock adventure mode in season play to be able to play it... rather than simply unlock adventure mode in non-season play so it can be available for season play? y/n?
I was able to unlock "adventure mode" after completing the SP storyline Acts 1-V(V being in Rederp of Souls). Not sure if there is a different take on that for Season play....

I'm told you have to unlock adventure mode in season play to be able to play it... rather than simply unlock adventure mode in non-season play so it can be available for season play? y/n?
That's not accurate. You unlock Adventure mode by playing the SP campaign.

Source:

Adventure Mode is a game mode in Diablo III, introduced with the Reaper of Souls expansion. It provides Bounties and Nephalem Rifts as endgame content.

Adventure Mode is unlocked for all characters by completing Act V with any character, regardless of the character level, and once unlocked, can be used by any character of any level of the same type (Hardcore/Softcore and Seasonal/Normal) on account. None of the Campaign Mode storyline quests are available in this mode; instead, special zones can only be found in Adventure Mode:

It is designed to be light on story content, based more around replayability.

(Diablo III wiki)

[customspoiler=Memories...][/customspoiler]
I bitterly regret having missed that glitch.

This is correct; playing through the campaign is required to unlock Adventure mode.

If I create a new character called Sir MysterD for Season play, will I get to start at season 1 or do I just jump on the train at the current season?
You'll be able to play it in a special Offline Mode, if your character is named Sir MysterD...

In case anyone is into elite, big news today, the aliens have been spotted. You can fly to a certain system and they pull you out of witchspace and scan you. People are going hunting

FAILMID is such a piece of shit website. Look at them "GIVING AWAY" Mass Effect 2. They don't do ANYTHING except get your information so they can give you a fucking link to the Origin store to download it, just like they did when they "gave away" Assassin's Creed III on Uplay last month.

GwVPygh.png

Ashraf, you're a piece of shit. Nothing pisses me off more than this.

bread's done
Back