Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Afterbirth+ is up!

2yvvuyf.jpg
VUGZVjM.gif

That's the rest of my steam money too with this purchase

Yes, I know it's an unpopular opinion around here. Why was it even called Mad Max?! The dude was just there for decoration for most of the film. Okay, I get it--it was supposed to be some sort of Australian post-modern feminist movie or something, but it was just boring as hell with a stupid ending. It's like they actually tried to make a movie that was worse than Beyond Thunderdome; maybe Tina Turner bribed somebody and that's why it was so horrible. Fortunately the game looks more like a mash-up of the first two movies with just a hint of Thunderdome. Okay, yes, I can see the aesthetic borrows from Fury Road, but because there's no band of heavily-armed former sex slaves screaming at the protagonist, I can overlook that.
giphy.gif

Yes, I know it's an unpopular opinion around here. Why was it even called Mad Max?! The dude was just there for decoration for most of the film. Okay, I get it--it was supposed to be some sort of Australian post-modern feminist movie or something, but it was just boring as hell with a stupid ending. It's like they actually tried to make a movie that was worse than Beyond Thunderdome; maybe Tina Turner bribed somebody and that's why it was so horrible. Fortunately the game looks more like a mash-up of the first two movies with just a hint of Thunderdome. Okay, yes, I can see the aesthetic borrows from Fury Road, but because there's no band of heavily-armed former sex slaves screaming at the protagonist, I can overlook that.
Some bad news, of the little I played of mad max it was about as boring as the movie. They did a pretty faithful adaptation of the game world, which means I hope you like driving around a barren desert for a way longer time than is engaging

Some bad news, of the little I played of mad max it was about as boring as the movie. They did a pretty faithful adaptation of the game world, which means I hope you like driving around a barren desert for a way longer time than is engaging
MOOBY WAT DIDJU DOO WIT PASSPORT!?!?

DID U SELL HIM TO CRAPPUCCINO FOR HOTS FORESKINS???

Mad Max is a "good" game in the same way that Groupees is a "good" bundling site, in the same sense of the word "good" that Detruire used to describe their music bundles in the Groupees thread.

"good"

208.jpg

Mad Max is a "good" game in the same way that Groupees is a "good" bundling site, in the same sense of the word "good" that Detruire used to describe their music bundles in the Groupees thread.

"good"
208.jpg
So. . . it's worse than Fury Road?

So. . . it's worse than Fury Road?
no. fury road i wanted to gouge my eyes out after the first 45 minutes from the boredom of seeing absolutely nothing happen. the game is just a somewhat boring, empty-ish gameworld. not horrible but not really good, either.

i really don't understand why people love that movie so much, after about 5 minutes of a car chase i start to get bored, let alone 2 hours of it.

no. fury road i wanted to gouge my eyes out after the first 45 minutes from the boredom of seeing absolutely nothing happen. the game is just a somewhat boring, empty-ish gameworld. not horrible but not really good, either.

i really don't understand why people love that movie so much, after about 5 minutes of a car chase i start to get bored, let alone 2 hours of it.
Who hurt you?

Am I the only one surprised people hold movies about some antisemite running around the desert killing people in such high regard to begin with?  I've never seen the original movies, seemed stupid to me, but I did watch Fury Road because all the MRA losers had their superman undies in a bunch over it.  It was a good movie for what it was.  I mean if you buy the idea that the apocalypse is going to drive people to dress like idiots attending a midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture show then you can't seriously expect more from the movie,  

Sometimes a movie is just entertaining. I enjoyed Fury Road for the music, stunts, and action. If you were trying to get some kind of message out of it, you were doing it wrong.

Fury Road is just an incredible movie. It somehow manages to be over the top and wonderfully subtle at the same time. It is both exhilarating and soothing. It's a lot like going to the bathroom in that way.

I really liked the Mad Max game, too. I get that it isn't even remotely original, and that it doesn't do any one thing that another game doesn't do better. But I enjoyed it far more than any of the other recent objective-based open world games such as Shadow of Mordor, Arkham Knight, and The Ubisoft Template.

What made Mad Max so different for me is that I was having fun while I played it. Whether I was driving around aimlessly, taking out enemy bases, doing story missions, or exploring, I was actually enjoying myself, as opposed to the manic compulsion I feel while trying to cross objectives off the checklist while playing those other games.

The lack of Chumbucket DLC is bullshit, though.

If you can't enjoy a bunch of paint huffing albinos stabbing a war truck with explosive spears and a gimp with a flamethrower guitar on its own merits, there's no explanation that's going to clear things up for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked the Mad Max game, too. I get that it isn't even remotely original, and that it doesn't do any one thing that another game doesn't do better.
*ahem*car harpoons*ahem*

I did watch Fury Road because all the MRA losers had their superman undies in a bunch over it.
I can't believe that the MRA guys would relate more to the fat ugly guy with bad skin who needs to force girls to have sex with him. Color me shocked.

I love when people whom don't understand nor appreciate excellence in cinema creation go on the internet and attempt to blast highly rated movies.  Oooh wow, you're so clever and controversial.  I'm sure George Miller and the six Oscars this film won will have a rough time sleeping at night. 

A simple "I didn't like it" would suffice.  But feel free to let everyone know that you're an idiot too.  That's always entertaining.

Eh, the movie has an 84% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.  It's a good film but 14%, more than one person out of ten, didn't care for it and it's cool if they want to say so.  I'd rather hear someone tear into a film than meekly say "I didn't like it" just because it was popular and they don't want to look bad.

Tearing into a film and explaining why, is a lot different from stating "the movie was horrible".

I love when people whom don't understand nor appreciate excellence in cinema creation go on the internet and attempt to blast highly rated movies. Oooh wow, you're so clever and controversial. I'm sure George Miller and the six Oscars this film won will have a rough time sleeping at night.

A simple "I didn't like it" would suffice. But feel free to let everyone know that you're an idiot too. That's always entertaining.
"The English Patient" is both highly reviewed and won a bunch of awards. Still will say that it was boring as hell and a shitty movie. I know I'm not alone in that opinion. If that makes me "an idiot" in your mind, so be it. I've been called worse by better.

"The English Patient" is both highly reviewed and won a bunch of awards. Still will say that it was boring as hell and a shitty movie. I know I'm not alone in that opinion. If that makes me "an idiot" in your mind, so be it. I've been called worse by better.
It's not a shitty movie just because you didn't like it. It's okay though, most people have trouble separating subjective from objective.

You know you're getting old when you can't even remember what it feels like to get angry at people who don't like the things you like. And you know you're REALLY old when you simply feel nothing at all.

My numbness is my strength.

You know you're getting old when you can't even remember what it feels like to get angry at people who don't like the things you like. And you know you're REALLY old when you simply feel nothing at all.

I find myself not posting a lot simply because I don't feel like actually articulating a point. Well before I can put "pen to paper" I decide I don't care lol.

Shitstorm achieved.

Am I the only one surprised people hold movies about some antisemite running around the desert killing people in such high regard to begin with? I've never seen the original movies, seemed stupid to me, but I did watch Fury Road because all the MRA losers had their superman undies in a bunch over it. It was a good movie for what it was. I mean if you buy the idea that the apocalypse is going to drive people to dress like idiots attending a midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture show then you can't seriously expect more from the movie,
I. . . don't know what MRA means.

To be fair, nobody knew he was an anti-Semite when he was in his 20s.

IMO, Mad Max and The Road Warrior were much more entertaining movies than Beyond Thunderdome and Fury Road. None of them were masterpieces of the art of cinema (IMO).

If you can't enjoy a bunch of paint huffing albinos stabbing a war truck with explosive spears and a gimp with a flamethrower guitar on its own merits, there's no explanation that's going to clear things up for you.
A valid point well-made. Maybe if the movie had featured Orks instead of people. . . .

I love when people whom don't understand nor appreciate excellence in cinema creation go on the internet and attempt to blast highly rated movies. Oooh wow, you're so clever and controversial. I'm sure George Miller and the six Oscars this film won will have a rough time sleeping at night.

A simple "I didn't like it" would suffice. But feel free to let everyone know that you're an idiot too. That's always entertaining.
You're right. Fortunately, unlike me, everyone cares about what you post on an obscure gaming message board, so, yeah, get out there and do your thang.

The internet is 100% for "kids" and their crappy "opinions." I'm with you. Too old to give a shit.

Man, that reply and my silly reaction gif caused a shitstorm.

I didn't think warreni's reply had the stench of an MRA, I just found how intensely he disliked the movie pretty surprising - coming from him, at any rate.

Man, that reply and my silly reaction gif caused a shitstorm.

I didn't think warreni's reply had the stench of an MRA, I just found how intensely he disliked the movie pretty surprising - coming from him, at any rate.
Well, I brought the MRAs into the fold, but not because of Warreni, but because literally that's why I even bothered to watch the movie (all the critical acclaim helped too), but I wasn't really interested or anticipating the movie at all but I saw a whole bunch of losers whining about it online I figured I'd watch it to spite them.

And their gripes had no merit. It was just a movie with a plot. I guess their insecurities make them cry about the potential of a society without men or made up of women or women not being kept as sex slaves or I really don't know because unlike them I do not have a tiny penis and the rage that surely comes with it. Maybe Weiler can chime in about that.

Yeah, I'm not accusing Warreni of being an MRA.  Just, like Fox said, a whole bunch of them had their panties in a bunch over the film and any movie where a female lead overthrows a male opponent must be feminist propaganda.

Edit: For Warreni's benefit: MRA = Men's Rights Advocates.  Those dudes who are scared that uppity women are making men an oppressed class so they need to rage against Fury Road or Star Wars 7 or a woman being added to Killing Floor 2.  Generally speaking, not the most, eh, "socially successful" people society has to offer especially when it comes to interacting with women.

Well, I brought the MRAs into the fold, but not because of Warreni, but because literally that's why I even bothered to watch the movie (all the critical acclaim helped too), but I wasn't really interested or anticipating the movie at all but I saw a whole bunch of losers whining about it online I figured I'd watch it to spite them.

And their gripes had no merit. It was just a movie with a plot. I guess their insecurities make them cry about the potential of a society without men or made up of women or women not being kept as sex slaves or I really don't know because unlike them I do not have a tiny penis and the rage that surely comes with it. Maybe Weiler can chime in about that.
I was going to stay out of this, but I'll chime in to add one more opinion: if you did see the earlier movies, you'd see that they're VERY different in terms of the stories, such as they are, and to a certain extent, in terms of their dystopian visions as well. If it hadn't been called Mad Max, I'm still not sure I would have liked this movie, but it would have helped. It's a bit like making a Rambo movie with the story being told from the point of view of a random Vietnamese villager. I'm not quite sure that analogy works either. My similes suck this week. :wall:

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ is getting a lot of bad reviews. Supposedly is buggy, unbalanced and half arsed. I think I will be waiting. I almost beat Coin Crypt yesterday. Fought a boss, but died quickly. Still a 7/10 game maybe 6/10 for lack of variety, but decent enough. Beware for BOI: A+ though till it gets better. I barely found out about the fan made expansion Antibirth, so may try that.

I was going to stay out of this, but I'll chime in to add one more opinion: if you did see the earlier movies, you'd see that they're VERY different in terms of the stories, such as they are, and to a certain extent, in terms of their dystopian visions as well. If it hadn't been called Mad Max, I'm still not sure I would have liked this movie, but it would have helped. It's a bit like making a Rambo movie with the story being told from the point of view of a random Vietnamese villager. I'm not quite sure that analogy works either. My similes suck this week. :wall:
Not accusing you of this, but for MRAs any deviation from the source material/change is just a thinly veiled excuse to rage against something. Like women Ghostbusters don't change a movie. A black Fantastic Four sibling doesn't change anything. OMG he's a step-brother or he was adopted or he's a 1 in a million genetic miracle...who cares.

That said, I guess it's just a matter of perspective. Having not seen any of the prior movies, when I watched Fury Road I came away thinking it was about the grumpy dude named Max and whether he was going to help people and do the right thing and even if he did, what exactly his motivations were. So I didn't really see it as drastic as it being told from a completely perspective. So yes, your similes suck and make me want to punch your smug face.

Interesting announcement today with hdmi2.1. Usual increases in supported res/refresh, but they are adding in VRR (variable refresh), so creating a standardized freesync/gsync implementation in the hdmi spec

Always hopes for companies to abandon proprietary shit but thats probably asking too much

bread's done
Back