Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but...

I guess Marvel Heroes 2016 just had the "biggest update evar!11121", so I went to the store page, where I see;

2017_01_24.png

.... oh.

Most of the reviews talk about how they dumbed it down for the upcoming console release. I didn't even play that much, mostly logged in for the free heroes and mucked around a bit, I guess this might be a good opportunity to regain 20gb of space without getting sucked back into the "omg cant miss the free hero!1!!" hell.
Well...seeing as how the game was never good in the first place.... ;D

I guess Marvel Heroes 2016 just had the "biggest update evar!11121", so I went to the store page, where I see;

2017_01_24.png

.... oh.

Most of the reviews talk about how they dumbed it down for the upcoming console release. I didn't even play that much, mostly logged in for the free heroes and mucked around a bit, I guess this might be a good opportunity to regain 20gb of space without getting sucked back into the "omg cant miss the free hero!1!!" hell.
It's just 'different' now. The infinity system is boring. The movement skills being on a timer is super annoying. The talent tree is basically one tree now. You don't feel as "super" powered.

So my local Wal-Mart has a stack of rainbow six siege on clearance for $7, but they are uplay of course. Debating whether or not to scoop them all up or not.

How do I find the number?

Edit: it might be 49014986, but that shows are 0 discounted and 0 in stock for the store I am in so I don't know. Looks the same though.

Last edited by a moderator:
shit, i guess i'll ask. anyone playing RE7? if so how is it? i'm a fan of most of the resident evil's (2-5) but i'm not really a fan of first person horror games (Amnesia,Slender Man, Outcast) which this game seems like. anyways, is it worth a fakeybro? any help is appreciated.
I have been a fan of the resident evil series since the very first game and I can honestly say the game is worth it. It's not entirely the same kind of gameplay as a game like Amnesia. For one the game isn't all hiding and running away all the time. There is actual combat and proper enemies to fight with varied weapons to collect. There is also puzzle solving/key collecting in order to traverse the map in a way similar to the way you had to do things to get around the mansion in the very first Resident Evil. Inventory management is also similar to the early games with save rooms that have storage boxes that work in the same way as the first three games. There are some very unnerving sights to see and moments that scared the living shit out of me. It's worth it if you liked previous Resident Evil games.

Last edited:
shit, i guess i'll ask. anyone playing RE7? if so how is it? i'm a fan of most of the resident evil's (2-5) but i'm not really a fan of first person horror games (Amnesia,Slender Man, Outcast) which this game seems like. anyways, is it worth a fakeybro? any help is appreciated.
Big RE fan. I love RE1-3 with RE remake being my favorite. The beginning of RE 7 reminds me of silent hill 2, with protagonist getting a random email from his wife who has been missing for 3 years. And when he reaches the location his wife said to find her, it kind of turns into Texas chainsaw massacre the game lol. Have only been able to play for two hours last night, but it already feels much better then 5 and 6 (probably not saying much lol) and I'm loving it so far.

Latest Indie Gala bundle. Cross-posted for more likes more people to see them.

The Indie Aftermath Bundle

$1 or more to get these Steam games:
$2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get ALL 10 STEAM GAMES:

Makes sense. It is 1997, after all.
There is also autosaving at certain points. The save rooms are there so one could play it old school and forgo using the autosave for more challenge or in case an autosave decides to screw you over.

Last night, Bros played Super Death Arena which you received free if you owned Lifeless, perhaps as an apology because Lifeless is broken and terrible.  Unlike Lifeless, Super Death Arena is not broken unless you pick the wrong server in which case the whole game locks up and you have to force close out.  Game play was both awful and easy as we blundered through waves of zombie Chinese guys and, um, clowns I think and won despite ourselves.  It was a return to form for the bros, playing terrible games we had thrust upon us from bundles or for free.

After we crashed out of SDA, we moved on to Battlefield 1 where we were all dreadful and Bah treated us to a two hour unending torrent of profanity.  Fox is an atrocious sniper and gets yelled at when he picks the class to which he pointed out that he's going to remain bad until he's allowed to practice sniping.  I suppose if you're going to be bad at something, you may as well have a logical basis for it.  I played medic for a while which meant that I split my ineffectiveness between healing and killing as opposed to consolidating it all into killing like I usually do.  Then I switched to Support five seconds before Weiler went down and yelled at me for not being a medic.  War is hell but I feel as though we really bonded.

Tonight we play Vermintide and try to channel our flailing energies towards killing rats.

2017_01_24.png

.... oh.

I don't think the dumbing down was for consoles... I think it was so less people where needed to update the game and/or make new content as other things where changed so they didn't take as long. (example: they redid the visualization on costumes, made it so you couldn't be supersized or supersmall, and therefore their costume designers don't have to worry about how the costumes look on those sizes cutting their work down.)

All in all, it seems like they are getting lazy.... (Granted, if I had 50+ characters to try to balance I likely would too.)

Wat? You cannot leave me "half" way through my DIII season! :whistle2:

Honestly, I'm doing pretty good. I logged in the yesterday and tore through torment I rift so badly I suspect I can run torment III or IV with relatively few issues now. (Its pretty crazy... shit attacks me and just explodes.)

Honestly, I'm doing pretty good. I logged in the yesterday and tore through torment I rift so badly I suspect I can run torment III or IV with relatively few issues now. (Its pretty crazy... shit attacks me and just explodes.)
What system are you playing D3 on?

I'll be playing this weekend. Are you in the BGQC clan?

After we crashed out of SDA, we moved on to Battlefield 1 where we were all dreadful and Bah treated us to a two hour unending torrent of profanity. Fox is an atrocious sniper and gets yelled at when he picks the class to which he pointed out that he's going to remain bad until he's allowed to practice sniping. I suppose if you're going to be bad at something, you may as well have a logical basis for it. I played medic for a while which meant that I split my ineffectiveness between healing and killing as opposed to consolidating it all into killing like I usually do. Then I switched to Support five seconds before Weiler went down and yelled at me for not being a medic. War is hell but I feel as though we really bonded.
RIP my 10 hour trial. Now I have to buy that crap. :oldman:

Last night, Bros played Super Death Arena which you received free if you owned Lifeless, perhaps as an apology because Lifeless is broken and terrible. Unlike Lifeless, Super Death Arena is not broken unless you pick the wrong server in which case the whole game locks up and you have to force close out. Game play was both awful and easy as we blundered through waves of zombie Chinese guys and, um, clowns I think and won despite ourselves. It was a return to form for the bros, playing terrible games we had thrust upon us from bundles or for free.

After we crashed out of SDA, we moved on to Battlefield 1 where we were all dreadful and Bah treated us to a two hour unending torrent of profanity. Fox is an atrocious sniper and gets yelled at when he picks the class to which he pointed out that he's going to remain bad until he's allowed to practice sniping. I suppose if you're going to be bad at something, you may as well have a logical basis for it. I played medic for a while which meant that I split my ineffectiveness between healing and killing as opposed to consolidating it all into killing like I usually do. Then I switched to Support five seconds before Weiler went down and yelled at me for not being a medic. War is hell but I feel as though we really bonded.

Tonight we play Vermintide and try to channel our flailing energies towards killing rats.
Message me when it starts, since I'll be playing RE7 or RSS and will forget. I need to kill some vermin

heh, sorry man, i only play up till the second to last chapter in season journey, conqueror. the last chapter is not worth it to me. glad to hear you're doing well, though. i might pop in from time to time to check things out and help around, maybe.

Last night, Bros played Super Death Arena which you received free if you owned Lifeless, perhaps as an apology because Lifeless is broken and terrible. Unlike Lifeless, Super Death Arena is not broken unless you pick the wrong server in which case the whole game locks up and you have to force close out. Game play was both awful and easy as we blundered through waves of zombie Chinese guys and, um, clowns I think and won despite ourselves. It was a return to form for the bros, playing terrible games we had thrust upon us from bundles or for free.

Here is the scenario as it plays out every time.

You have to spawn on fox because he is the only one left alive perched over a point. You rush said point because you have "sniper support" Instead you dodge furiously as you are getting sniped. Surely fox has seen the obvious lens flare of this sniper, who is spending all his attention on me, not moving? You magically dodge 2 or 3 shots in a zero sum game you cant win over open ground, dying alone on a grassy field. Respawn at a distant point as now fox is dead too. Rinse, repeat.

Behold the 3-16 fox K-D ratio and bear witness to the truths I speak.

Here is the scenario as it plays out every time.

You have to spawn on fox because he is the only one left alive perched over a point. You rush said point because you have "sniper support" Instead you dodge furiously as you are getting sniped. Surely fox has seen the obvious lens flare of this sniper, who is spending all his attention on me, not moving? You magically dodge 2 or 3 shots in a zero sum game you cant win over open ground, dying alone on a grassy field. Respawn at a distant point as now fox is dead too. Rinse, repeat.

Behold the 3-16 fox K-D ratio and bear witness to the truths I speak.
Fox is too busy trying to shoot us in the back to aim at enemy snipers.

I don't think the dumbing down was for consoles... I think it was so less people where needed to update the game and/or make new content as other things where changed so they didn't take as long. (example: they redid the visualization on costumes, made it so you couldn't be supersized or supersmall, and therefore their costume designers don't have to worry about how the costumes look on those sizes cutting their work down.)

All in all, it seems like they are getting lazy.... (Granted, if I had 50+ characters to try to balance I likely would too.)
Disagree on lazy. Or dumbing down. I haven't played much since the change, but I did spend time on the game in the month before. And occasionally before that. It was full of extraneous choices that weren't really choices at all. Skill points were pointless as, once at max level, a skill that got points would always just get maxed out. Unlimited dash and travel powers meant the entire game centered around mindlessly rushing over everything to get to some boss. Even when in a major encounter, those movement powers made sure there was no real danger if a player was actually paying attention. The omega system was opaque and (in higher-level end game content) way too crucial. Taking a step back and looking at it made it clear there were some big flaws. It was fun, but those flaws grated for someone who already had a lot of time in the game, and they certainly were a big impediment for those trying to get into the game.

Of course, no one likes it when their cheese gets moved, and the noisy are out in force in terms of bashing the changes in various places. Swap out the changes for a completely different direction of changes, and they'd be just as noisy. The only way they wouldn't complain is if Marvel Heroes stayed exactly the same except for buffing their personal favorite characters and giving out some free stuff.

Many of the changes sound an awful lot like what Diablo 3 is doing. Not coincidentally the reason I haven't really touched Marvel Heroes since the patch is because I've been playing Diablo 3.

Yeah i didn't feel it was going to keep to that schedule. 2 free games for me too and I do wish them the best. I really like older games being optimized for newer systems like Night Dive Studios does. Older games shouldn't be forgotten and a lot of times you get some really neat games, even if all the ideas don't work. Better than the millionth shovelware game being hocked on Steam and appearing in an IG bundle or something with an MSRP of $0.99. Gets old.

I feel like I just put on an old jacket, reached inside the pocket and found a folded up twenty dollar bill.  :D/

I'm stoked. Gamepump refund email has been received, PayPal refunded (but pending until the 30th), and get two free games with a side of "Y U NO GIT WEN FREE" Profit. No regrets!

bread's done
Back