Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anyone play the For Honor closed beta? Played a bit yesterday and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.
we have bro fisted it twice. The second time we became bored with it quickly. I think the prevailing opinion is that its not a game any of us would invest time or money into.

Gaming at 60 has become an absolute must (bust must plus) for me.  Though I did almost go pick up a LG 4K TV yesterday but looking at the floor models they just didn't seem like an improvement over my Plasma, even the $1200+ ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resident Evil 7 and Black Ops 3. You don't have to run everything at super ultra max to have a pc game look good
Agreed 100%.

I can understand wanting 60fps at say very fast-paced action-esque games (i.e. especially in fast-paced shooters like Doom 2016 and ARPG's like Diablo) - but eh, I'm fine in most instances if it's above 30fps; & the fps sticks at a stable framerate consistently + doesn't have framerates jumping up, down, around, and all over the place.

No I can't, I don't even have a proper graphics card.
I love my 4K monitor.

But, heck - I'm happy just getting away from 1080p. It's really a different ballgame, once you get above the 1080p standard; especially once you get into 1440p and/or even more so if you can handle 4K.

we have bro fisted it twice. The second time we became bored with it quickly. I think the prevailing opinion is that its not a game any of us would invest time or money into.
+1

My group played it fairly extensively this weekend and it seemed the take away was that it was an alright game, but not worth it at 60 since there really isnt much to it. Maybe when its 15 or something for the occasional distraction. The controls a fairly wonky for what the game could have had as well. Definitely from the focus on it being cross platform you could tell it was dumbed down to console standards and controls. Most of my friends were also diehard chivalry players and they were not big fans of it mostly for the control reasons

At least the game ran well enough though, Ill give them that (once I reverted to the non-jacked nvidia drivers)

Now to await the wildlands beta, thats the one alot of us are really looking forward to, and another reason no one really cared about for honor

Monday Motivation Bundle

$1 or more to get these Steam games:
$2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get ALL 11 STEAM GAMES:

+1

My group played it fairly extensively this weekend and it seemed the take away was that it was an alright game, but not worth it at 60 since there really isnt much to it. Maybe when its 15 or something for the occasional distraction. The controls a fairly wonky for what the game could have had as well. Definitely from the focus on it being cross platform you could tell it was dumbed down to console standards and controls. Most of my friends were also diehard chivalry players and they were not big fans of it mostly for the control reasons

At least the game ran well enough though, Ill give them that (once I reverted to the non-jacked nvidia drivers)

Now to await the wildlands beta, thats the one alot of us are really looking forward to, and another reason no one really cared about for honor
I played it a little (very little), but I thought what was there was fun and it looked great. But you're right, not $60 fun (probably not $30 either). What I found funny though was that upon boot-up, it gave me the message that my CPU (FX-8320E) didn't meet the minimum specs. Heh!

Agreed 100%.

I can understand wanting 60fps at say very fast-paced action-esque games (i.e. especially in fast-paced shooters like Doom 2016 and ARPG's like Diablo) - but eh, I'm fine in most instances if it's above 30fps; & the fps sticks at a stable framerate consistently + doesn't have framerates jumping up, down, around, and all over the place.
I think the key for me at least is one or the other 100% of the time. When I play my consoles a bunch I get used to 30 and it becomes okay after a while but I have to avoid games that run at 60 because I have trouble with the transitions.

Played a bunch of Siege today after being talked in to buying it when it was on sale at Newegg. Game's fine and all but I think I'm just not in to the whole military shooter thing or even most FPS.
Maybe you're just okay with letting the terrorists win. The only thing terrorists need to set off their comically oversized poison gas bombs is for good people to do nothing.

I was part of the second Bro playing of For Honor and quickly grew bored with it. I didn't even have the benefit of the playing the first time so it was new to me but something about it just failed to hook my interest. A half hour of Bro-play is fine when it's bundle debris but not for a $60 game.

Maybe you're just okay with letting the terrorists win. The only thing terrorists need to set off their comically oversized poison gas bombs is for good people to do nothing.

I was part of the second Bro playing of For Honor and quickly grew bored with it. I didn't even have the benefit of the playing the first time so it was new to me but something about it just failed to hook my interest. A half hour of Bro-play is fine when it's bundle debris but not for a $60 game.
I also don't consider RSS a military shooter, but maybe that's just me. I think COD type games are military shooters. Battlefield 1 and RSS both have enough differences, respectively, that I wouldn't consider them in the same class as your run of the mill military shooters.

Also, For Honor somehow managed to become worse during the second go round. I'm not sure what they tweaked or changed. First time around it was a pretty good melee combat game with some neat/challenging control aspects. I remember having a blast. Second time around it felt it was just a sloppy button smashing game. Chivalry and War of the Roses are better. Not sure what the final product will be like.

I think the primary difference is that RSS is much more methodical since, once you're out, you're out.  BF1 is more "lol yolo" because, ironically, you don't only live once and you respawn and re-enter the chaos.  Very different feels to them.

But saying you're not much into FPS games is fair.  Civilization VI is only nominally like Crusader Kings II but if someone just ain't into grand strategies it's unlikely they'll really enjoy either.

In other news, I played Cibele.  And by "played", I mean experienced.  And by "experienced", I mean sat through.  And by "sat through", I mean I grudgingly tolerated maybe 60% of it, got bored and finished the other 40% a few days later just to be done with it.  For a one hour 'game'.

It's not very good.

Marvel Heroes Patch Stuff...

On my weekend I browsed their forums and asked some of the other more prolific players about the patch.  What I found out.  The changes did not get a positive reaction on the PTS, with most saying they needed more work, but the patch was pushed out anyways...  Allot of major changes happened and anyone who plays the game (allot) needs to sort through a ton of stuff just to have room to do anything.  (This is the situation I'm in.  I need to spend about 4 hours sorting before I can do anything.)

Once sorted... The biggest hang up is that movement heroes are gimped by the changes to movement...  Movement powers themselves now have "windups" which means everything now takes longer.  Mobs are still trash.  THEY STILL DO NOT DROP a single item you need at the end game, No other itemization was done, so now it takes far longer to get to the other things that do drop useful loot...  The bosses.  (They still rarely drop a thing of value.)

So its pretty much wasted time combined with more wasted time... 

Other changes are "coming" which will help out with the issues...  but they are a long, long, time away.  Hence while so many people are angry. 

Diablo III

Made some great progress this weekend and I wanted to thank Drabelincoln and Metro (whose in the guild but I'm not sure if he's a CAG or not) for helping out.  It was very helpful. :D

I also don't consider RSS a military shooter, but maybe that's just me. I think COD type games are military shooters. Battlefield 1 and RSS both have enough differences, respectively, that I wouldn't consider them in the same class as your run of the mill military shooters.

Also, For Honor somehow managed to become worse during the second go round. I'm not sure what they tweaked or changed. First time around it was a pretty good melee combat game with some neat/challenging control aspects. I remember having a blast. Second time around it felt it was just a sloppy button smashing game. Chivalry and War of the Roses are better. Not sure what the final product will be like.
The final product will be dookie because it's P2P for pvp/matchmaking...which is a joke in that type of game.

Marvel Heroes Patch Stuff...

On my weekend I browsed their forums and asked some of the other more prolific players about the patch. What I found out. The changes did not get a positive reaction on the PTS, with most saying they needed more work, but the patch was pushed out anyways... Allot of major changes happened and anyone who plays the game (allot) needs to sort through a ton of stuff just to have room to do anything. (This is the situation I'm in. I need to spend about 4 hours sorting before I can do anything.)

Once sorted... The biggest hang up is that movement heroes are gimped by the changes to movement... Movement powers themselves now have "windups" which means everything now takes longer. Mobs are still trash. THEY STILL DO NOT DROP a single item you need at the end game, No other itemization was done, so now it takes far longer to get to the other things that do drop useful loot... The bosses. (They still rarely drop a thing of value.)

So its pretty much wasted time combined with more wasted time...

Other changes are "coming" which will help out with the issues... but they are a long, long, time away. Hence while so many people are angry.

Diablo III

Made some great progress this weekend and I wanted to thank Drabelincoln and Metro (whose in the guild but I'm not sure if he's a CAG or not) for helping out. It was very helpful. :D
Every hero has a "travel" power though. It binds to a key. I had to bind it in gameplay options. The travel power doesn't use any uhh "mana" and it is fast. You can still bypass everything and go straight to the bosses.

See, that's another thing. WHY ARE THE CTUS SHOOTING EACH OTHER!? I'm so confused about that design choice when the characters are limited to either attack or defend.

Every hero has a "travel" power though. It binds to a key. I had to bind it in gameplay options. The travel power doesn't use any uhh "mana" and it is fast. You can still bypass everything and go straight to the bosses.
and Deadpool's is a scooter instead of his body slide (teleport) power... and his teleport power now has a cooldown, right?

Monday Motivation Bundle

$1 or more to get these Steam games:

$2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get ALL 11 STEAM GAMES:
TrumpCat when are you finishing your wall that keeps out shitty bundles?

In other news, I played Cibele. And by "played", I mean experienced. And by "experienced", I mean sat through. And by "sat through", I mean I grudgingly tolerated maybe 60% of it, got bored and finished the other 40% a few days later just to be done with it. For a one hour 'game'.

It's not very good.
Thought you were talking about Ceville and i was disappointed since I've been meaning to play that in my backlog for a good...4 years or so. But cibele is different and looks like an hour of torture and you are definitely a masochist.

and Deadpool's is a scooter instead of his body slide (teleport) power... and his teleport power now has a cooldown, right?
I do believe so. You can still alternate between scooter for going distance and teleport to skip across the map though. It's not a shared cooldown as travel powers are unlimited.

I tried out the Vive at a friend's house yesterday and man, what an amazing piece of technology. I can't imagine playing an actual game in VR--seriously, that would suck. But I tried out an underwater demo thing and it legitimately blew my mind. It really felt like there was a giant whale in the room, right there next to me. It's pretty indescribable, but if I had to compare it to something it was an awful lot like being with [insert name here]'s mom.

Charges, I think. I believe that all the combat movement powers have charges that refresh on a cooldown, and have a maximum distance as well. Moving the mouse pointer to the corner of the screen and spamming teleport is no longer useful.

Travel abilities have a wind-up but are unlimited. So, yeah, you can still bypass everything, as long as you clear your immediate area first. Still needs some work on that front, but I doubt they have the resources to really do so.

Honestly, from the perspective of mainly playing a character that didn't have a teleport, and had only two real build options, nothing much seems to have changed.

Just finished listing 1,500 cards on the steam market. Now I only have another 3,000 to go.

Please say a prayer for me.

Thanks for posting that link over the weekend Madjoki. I've bought 56 games over the past few days (for about $3.90). It seems like a great way to cherry pick from previous Cubic bundles, IG, and non-bundled cheap stuff. I used Bitcoin since they don't accept PayPal, and using a CC was out of the question (for obvious RU reasons).

Just an FYI. They sure took their sweet time verifying payment. So if anyone else buys stuff from them don't expect keys immediately. All keys worked though.

When you sell them all for 3¢ each you'll have a cool $135.

Which will work out to $1.55 an hour.
f7c508cf3a13ed87502a865741f4c6fc239c5d89fae0196f91d8e2b998514e10.jpg

bread's done
Back