Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Titanfall2/BF1 deluxe bundle, Battlefront season pass, Unraveled and Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

I'm aware some of that stuff is in the Origin subscriber thing but I'd just take the free week, not use it, forget to cancel it and end up paying for it for no reason.  I mean I'm still just renting the bloody games, but at least I like the pay once and forget it rental method better.  

I bought the BF1 Premium last night because I'm a tool.  But it comes with the Deluxe upgrade so, uh, my tank will look tricked out despite the fact that I'll be inside it and unable to see my paint job.

At least I had the foresight to activate my Origin trial sub and get 10% off.

1kve70.jpg

The yelling meme man is correct.

On the other hand, if I held fast to the old ways, I would buy a game maybe once every 20 months when it actually hit 75% off.

Syntax is almost a good medic now, unlike fox, who is still a horrible sniper. I say we kick fox if he picks sniper again.
K:D isn't important, etc (esp. for medic) but I was 12-16 last night which is only notable because, two weeks ago, that would have been 1-16. I need to learn to be quicker on the melee; I always try to shoot when stabbing/chopping/clubbing would be more appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the BF1 Premium last night because I'm a tool. But it comes with the Deluxe upgrade so, uh, my tank will look tricked out despite the fact that I'll be inside it and unable to see my paint job.

At least I had the foresight to activate my Origin trial sub and get 10% off.
Don't worry, I'm positive that all the cosmetics in the deluxe upgrade are historically accurate.

I figured there was some way but I never drive anyway. Suffice to say that I don't care what my tank looks like :)
Yea, it is useful for some vehicles though, like the bike which is so spastic to drive, but even since BF4 driving a bike has been way easier with the external cam since you get a much easier understanding of your surroundings. Also helps when flying too (then again I fly so rarely I cant remember if first person flying is a thing)

Good to know then.  The first and only time I tried to drive a cycle, I promptly ran the front tire up over a wall... about seven feet from where I started.  What's the hotkey for whistling nonchalantly as I walk away?

I figure everyone here is on the edge of their seats waiting to hear my Walmart trip report to find the elusive cheap Paradox, etc. PC games that are like $0.10 or some shizzy.

So based on the brickseek links upthread, I target the Walmart that had 4 Piles of Poopternity for $5/each.  Unfortunately brickseek told me that the Walmart had no Shities:Skylines copies nor any Fecal(Space) Engineers (got dis one from Humble bundle so who give an f, AMIRITE?!?!?).

So, off I go to the land of mental midgets and freaks to find cheap PC games.  What did I find, you may ask?:

4 Copies of Fecal Engineers

1 Copy of Shitties: Skylines

and

0 COPIES OF PILLARS OF SHITERNITY!!!!!

Wow, Walmart, nice inventory system u got....

I couldn't bring myself to even buy Shitty:Skylines for $5 because you damn well know it's gonna be bundled with most of its 732,125 DLCs at some point...probably soon.....

fuck

My vehicle driving in BF1 goes like this:

1.  Cycle, zoom across the map not knowing where I'm going, start getting shot at, jump off GTA style and try to find cover. 

2.  Tank, zoom to the nearest point trying to play hero.  Not realize there's an enemy tank there.  Get everyone killed. 

3.  Plane, zoom to the most contested point on the map and kamikaze right on top of the flag hoping to kill at least one enemy.  

The yelling meme man is correct.

On the other hand, if I held fast to the old ways, I would buy a game maybe once every 20 months when it actually hit 75% off.

K:D isn't important, etc (esp. for medic) but I was 12-16 last night which is only notable because, two weeks ago, that would have been 1-16. I need to learn to be quicker on the melee; I always try to shoot when stabbing/chopping/clubbing would be more appropriate.
Same choice we all have to make when it come to taking down Fox's mom

1. Cycle, zoom across the map not knowing where I'm going, start getting shot at, jump off GTA style and try to find cover.

2. Tank, zoom to the nearest point trying to play hero. Not realize there's an enemy tank there. Get everyone killed.

3. Plane, zoom to the most contested point on the map and kamikaze right on top of the flag hoping to kill at least one enemy.
vehicles dont spawn in the middle of nowhere. Nothing worse that having to spawn on fox and know you have a minute walk to anywhere useful.

I figure everyone here is on the edge of their seats waiting to hear my Walmart trip report to find the elusive cheap Paradox, etc. PC games that are like $0.10 or some shizzy.

So based on the brickseek links upthread, I target the Walmart that had 4 Piles of Poopternity for $5/each. Unfortunately brickseek told me that the Walmart had no Shities:Skylines copies nor any Fecal(Space) Engineers (got dis one from Humble bundle so who give an f, AMIRITE?!?!?).

So, off I go to the land of mental midgets and freaks to find cheap PC games. What did I find, you may ask?:

4 Copies of Fecal Engineers

1 Copy of Shitties: Skylines

and

0 COPIES OF PILLARS OF SHITERNITY!!!!!

Wow, Walmart, nice inventory system u got....

I couldn't bring myself to even buy Shitty:Skylines for $5 because you damn well know it's gonna be bundled with most of its 732,125 DLCs at some point...probably soon.....

fuck
When it shows up in next month's Humble Monthly, and you're able to snag a copy from the Cesspool for $2.50, you'll be glad you couldn't find a copy at shitmart.

When it shows up in next month's Humble Monthly, and you're able to snag a copy from the Cesspool for $2.50, you'll be glad you couldn't find a copy at shitmart.
With the pretty lackluster month they had....i'm sure there will be at least 1 other decently strong game in there.

1. Cycle, zoom across the map not knowing where I'm going, start getting shot at, jump off GTA style and try to find cover.

2. Tank, zoom to the nearest point trying to play hero. Not realize there's an enemy tank there. Get everyone killed.

3. Plane, zoom to the most contested point on the map and kamikaze right on top of the flag hoping to kill at least one enemy.
we need someone like you for BF1

on the other team

Paradox is being a right miser with their Cities: Skylines DLC pricing. I don't see it getting bundled cheap any time in the near future.
Nah, Paradox will release 6 versions of Cities:Skylines Complete....all with different, incomplete sets of DLC.....

Where are the music and Icon packs for Cities, paradox...I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM!!!!!!

I'd play Battlefield with you guys, but I made the mistake of getting the bundle of that and Titanfall 2 on Xbox One so I could play with a friend. He proceeded to never play with me and not long after, I became addicted to Overwatch on PC so yeah.

I'd play Battlefield with you guys, but I made the mistake of getting the bundle of that and Titanfall 2 on Xbox One so I could play with a friend. He proceeded to never play with me and not long after, I became addicted to Overwatch on PC so yeah.
CAG Bros over IRL Bros. We would never abandon you.

Go buy the BF1 $30 deal then go to your friends house and break thirty dollars of his shit to make up for it.

MysterD, did you buy BF1?  Spoder doesn't want to play with us any more so you could take his place and make it MysterFox Bro-Op night...

Also, I've been having really bad back issues lately, so yesterday I couldn't sit upstairs to not play video games, so I decided to finally try out my Steam Link.  Set up was pretty easy (though the thing doesn't have a power button does it?  I had to use the controller).  You turn it on and  then put a code into Steam on your PC and it's good to go.  

Tried out Crowboy and Wolfman and Mafia III.  The lag in the Crowboy game was only an issue at first and then it played fine, but it's a pretty simple game.  Mafia III had serious lag issues though.  Like it would play fine for 5 minutes and then freeze for 30 seconds so I could still hear the dialogue and hear my car crash into other cars and the passenger curse me out, but the image was stuck.  Then it would fix again.  When it was running, it was great.  I have the Link plugged into my router, but my PC is through a powerline adapter so that might be the issue.  With me, it's playable enough I guess, but annoying.  

Steam Controller on the other hand I don't think I can get used to.  I need double joysticks.  I'm not skilled enough to aim with the little touch pad axis thing.  It's great on 2D games though.  

Any reason Hello From Indiana would mysteriously appear in my recent games from yesterday?  I mean, I was pretty drunk last night, but not buy some game without my own knowledge drunk.

. Like it would play fine for 5 minutes and then freeze for 30 seconds so I could still hear the dialogue and hear my car crash into other cars and the passenger curse me out, but the image was stuck. Then it would fix again. When it was running, it was great. I have the Link plugged into my router, but my PC is through a powerline adapter so that might be the issue. With me, it's playable enough I guess, but annoying.
I ran Cat 6 through my walls/attic and have had a very good steam streaming experience. But, that's on a Lego game, I only played doom for a few minutes, so..... Might be wrong.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/grand-theft-auto-v-pulse-elite-headset/127502

If you need a cheap wireless headset, some reviews on Amazon mention it working on PC. Gamestop AND USED so usual caveats apply:

Might come broken, incomplete, or covered in Weiler's man goo. YMMV. GS employees may deny a return if they've met their quota for the month and you try to return in store.

Use code SAVER for free shipping.
I have two Pulse Elites. They're awesome wireless headsets. Sounds great and decent voice quality.

The biggest issue is they typically develop cracks where the earcups connects to the headband. Some people claim it's avoidable if you are careful how you take them on and off (if you grab by the circular silver piece in pic below instead of the earcups), but it just delays the cracking.

My first pair lasted 4 years before they cracked. The battery had the same capacity the whole time too (6 hours exactly).

medium.jpg

EDIT:

I would say the crack is the biggest thing to check for anyone that is buys a pair.

Even if you don't see a crack at first glance, get a good light and gently pull the earcup back to see if one is starting.

All of the pics of the cracks I've seen online were the OG model though. Maybe they improved something on the GTAV model.

I have two Pulse Elites. They're awesome wireless headsets. Sounds great and decent voice quality.

The biggest issue is they typically develop cracks where the earcups connects to the headband. Some people claim it's avoidable if you are careful how you take them on and off (if you grab by the circular silver piece in pic below instead of the earcups), but it just delays the cracking.

My first pair lasted 4 years before they cracked. The battery had the same capacity the whole time too (6 hours exactly).

medium.jpg
So are you supposed to grab them by the circular part or earcups to delay? And could that be easily patched with superglue?

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/grand-theft-auto-v-pulse-elite-headset/127502

If you need a cheap wireless headset, some reviews on Amazon mention it working on PC. Gamestop AND USED so usual caveats apply:

Might come broken, incomplete, or covered in Weiler's man goo. YMMV. GS employees may deny a return if they've met their quota for the month and you try to return in store.

Use code SAVER for free shipping.
Headsets are legitimately one of the worst things to buy used. Even the highest quality ones tend to be manufactured as cheap as possible so its literally one thin wire away from not functioning. For that same price you can get any # of brand new budget headsets that won't be covered in Weiler's splooge.

Did the Walmart thing today. No Pillars nor Divinity (brickseek is fake news!), but they did have The Division marked down to $59.88. Also had a bunch of Rocket League physical copies, which I didn't know existed.

Also also found about two dozen copies of Space Engineers. Hopefully the idiot company which decided to press discs of that went bankrupt.

So are you supposed to grab them by the circular part or earcups to delay? And could that be easily patched with superglue?
The circular part.

That part is connected to the headband so it doesn't put extra stress on the part the cracks.

Many people used various types of epoxy (JB Weld, JB Weld PlasticWeld, Sugru, Loctite Plastic, etc, etc) to fix/prevent the crack. Some others have used metal as structural reinforcement, see pics, to "fix"/prevent the crack.

Pic 1

Giant Pic 2

EDIT:

The Pulse Elite works great with the PS4 as well. Either via USB dongle for game sound, or using a male to male 3.5" cable into the controller for voip only.

I also heard a few people mentioning the headband breaking as well. Much less reports of that though. Probably people being overly aggressive when putting them off/taking them off.

Nah, Paradox will release 6 versions of Cities:Skylines Complete....all with different, incomplete sets of DLC.....

Where are the music and Icon packs for Cities, paradox...I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM!!!!!!
Nah, it's only Paradox published, so you'll get "4 awesome trolly cars from the 1920s! Only $10!!!!!" DLC instead of music/icon packs. Might get the 40 complete editions though, although didn't happen with CO's other Paradox published games (CiM and CiM 2). Granted, 99% of the DLC was what I mentioned above soooo yeah. I guess at least CO doesn't do like PDX and cluster**** their UI every 2-3 "major" DLC =p.

Any reason Hello From Indiana would mysteriously appear in my recent games from yesterday? I mean, I was pretty drunk last night, but not buy some game without my own knowledge drunk.
I gave you a key for it, so I'm going to guess that you redeemed the key and were too drunk to remember. The game is removed from the store so you couldn't have bought it anyways.

Did the Walmart thing today. No Pillars nor Divinity (brickseek is fake news!), but they did have The Division marked down to $59.88. Also had a bunch of Rocket League physical copies, which I didn't know existed.

Also also found about two dozen copies of Space Engineers. Hopefully the idiot company which decided to press discs of that went bankrupt.
It is a well-crafted post anytime you can sneak The Division into the news of the day.

Also had a bunch of Rocket League physical copies, which I didn't know existed.

My local Wal-Mart is all Blizzard games, Sims 4, Motoki games and about fifteen copies of Spintires.

Titanfall2/BF1 deluxe bundle, Battlefront season pass, Unraveled and Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

I'm aware some of that stuff is in the Origin subscriber thing but I'd just take the free week, not use it, forget to cancel it and end up paying for it for no reason. I mean I'm still just renting the bloody games, but at least I like the pay once and forget it rental method better.
We need a Fry's nearby us.

They had ME: Catalyst PC recently for $3.19:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/5ung1b/frys_mirrors_edge_catalyst_pc_319/

EDIT:

My local Wal-Mart is all Blizzard games, Sims 4, Motoki games and about fifteen copies of Spintires.
Meh.

I wish my WalMart's had a cheap ME: Catalyst.

That's been $5 at some Wally's, but not around here.

bread's done
Back