Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
For cheap stuff that isnt horrible Id recommend TP-Link. They usually are pretty well reviewed and I think these days their reliability is higher than it used to be. Ones like the tp-link archer series are well reviewed now but I think even their cheaper non-archer ones are still good.

I run an asus ac87u now and almost never have any issues with it for ~2-3 years (except for r6 siege not understanding when a port is already open, something about sieges networking and the asus upnp dont get along), but its also fairly pricey. Then again over 15 years Ive been through just about every brand and had every single one die on me at one point, so maybe something is to be said about getting what you pay for since this asus has outlasted just about any other one Ive owned
I definitely second the fact that every brand seems to crap out on me at some point, granted I've never spent $200+ on a router, but I have spent around $100 and some of those were routers that at one points were $200. I haven't found a brand that's lasted more than 2-3 years tops for me. Even some of the pricier ones I was reading the reviews (Nighthawks, Asus high end, etc.) a lot of reviews mention them crapping out after 18-24 months.

SeasonalCAG Router Guru™:

It is a pain in the d*ck to flash and most will say just run it stock if you don't need any extra features but I like to tinker so I did it. I had to bad dead spots in my house one in the downstairs bathroom (thats a no no for do do) and one by my living room table. This router fixed that and I also can use my wifi outside in the backyard which I couldn't before.

Powerline adapters/range extenders cut your speed in half this is from research not actually owning/using one. Also setting up an access point/bridge on a second router can be a pain in the... you get it.

If you can get an Asus AC68P or AC1900 router at a Walmart or Best Buy try it out to see if it helps with range then return it. Get it cheaper online somewhere.
So I could get the T-Mobile AC1900 and just use it out the box without flashing? I don't think I need anything extra and I saw the tutorials and it'd be 1-2 hours of work to flash it. It's between a $50 T-Mobile branded one on ebay and a $70 refurb on Newegg. Refurbs don't exactly give me a lot of confidence either, but if I can get the T-Mobile one and use it out of the box I would do that.

WHY DON'T YOU GIVE YOUR RECOMMENDATION?
recommend ASUS TM-AC1900, recertified ones were $46 shipped. I had picked one up as a backup. Works good, I didn't bother flashing.

edit:eek:h I just saw your above post, works out of the box, no need to flash or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet... the n750 is letting me pull down about 125 of my 200.  Seems to be due to software NAT based on some ddwrt forum posts.

It does have a 3 year old version of dd-wrt on it, so maybe upgrading can up that slightly. 

I'm not entirely sure it's worth spending much to get that extra bit of bandwidth... maybe if I use some amazon credit...  or the next time there is a ebay $10 off $50...

Alright, ordered one of those T-Mobile things from Ebay for $52.  Excited to potentially get a kickass router for that cheap, hope it works well. 

Finally got to play a little Steep tonight.  Fun, fun game.  Even for me as I'm not totally into winter sports games.  Well made. Runs beautifully, looks beautiful.  Fun to play, even if I spent most of the time killing my human flying squirrel.  Will see if Gamersgate runs the same sale anytime soon so I can buy it with ZGold.  

Edit:

And I will say that for all the crap they tend to get, Ubisoft is one of the few AAA pubs doing different games and not just regurgitating old franchises year in and year out (though they do that to).  

FYI, you can trade a year-long Humble Monthly subscription for 100,000 Tremor coins.

pDF4kLM.png

Isn't the general consensus that 1,000 tremor coins = $1?

If that is so, you're buying coins at below value with that offer.

Technically yes, but usually the best conversion rate you can get is 900 coins for $1 when they were doing their Humble Bundle $1 Tier trade ins. Reds said they might have stopped that or they have a different place where they do conversions. This particular trade in is even worse because it's like 800 coins per dollar and you have to end up with $100 of Tremor Coins and I don't think anyone wants that much money invested in Tremor. That said, It's not the worst thing in the world considering they do have decent deals if you can catch them. Right now they have the Ghost Recon Wildlands Season Pass for only $16 so you could make back some of your lost conversion buying stuff like that if you need it or if you resell it. A lot of the people on Tremor buy out the best games from bundles and resell on sites like G2A and Kinguin so I assume they take the loss to make it back elsewhere.

Were you in Yanni's dungeon? How did you escape? Was Motoki still there?

Welcome back!
Haha, thankfully I was not (praise be). :pray:

If I had been you can surely bet I would've devised a successful way to get both Motoki and myself out. Poor guy. Although, maybe Yanni keeps feeding him grandma games, maybe he's content with the situation? Maybe I've thought too much about this already.

So, with all of those thoughts out of the way, what toppings should I get on my pizza tonight? Are there any secret good prices out there for those considering going fakey-style on Mass Effect: Andromeda? And what brand of running shoe should I buy: Asics, Mizuno, or Brooks? :whistle2:k

Indeed, which is why I laughed at it. You'd think that more expensive trade-ins would have better conversion ratios, but Tremor does it the opposite way for some reason. I just stick to $1 tiers for 900 coins since that's close enough to 1000 = $1. That saves me time from doing pre-surveys that reject me from main surveys. I haven't done that Hulu offer yet and will probably get on that. Otherwise I don't have the patience for mucking around on Tremor.

Haha, thankfully I was not (praise be). :pray:

If I had been you can surely bet I would've devised a successful way to get both Motoki and myself out. Poor guy. Although, maybe Yanni keeps feeding him grandma games, maybe he's content with the situation? Maybe I've thought too much about this already.
I never considered that Motoki might actually be happy where he is. Yanni is quite cunning.

So, with all of those thoughts out of the way, what toppings should I get on my pizza tonight? Are there any secret good prices out there for those considering going fakey-style on Mass Effect: Andromeda? And what brand of running shoe should I buy: Asics, Mizuno, or Brooks? :whistle2:k
Pizza: mushrooms, roasted red peppers, grilled chicken.
Shoes: go minimal with something like New Balance Minimus, Saucony Kinvara, or one of Merrell's offerings.
Andromeda deals: there's only one person who can help you there...

Wu5FpTu.png

Finally got to play a little Steep tonight. Fun, fun game. Even for me as I'm not totally into winter sports games. Well made. Runs beautifully, looks beautiful. Fun to play, even if I spent most of the time killing my human flying squirrel. Will see if Gamersgate runs the same sale anytime soon so I can buy it with ZGold.

Edit:

And I will say that for all the crap they tend to get, Ubisoft is one of the few AAA pubs doing different games and not just regurgitating old franchises year in and year out (though they do that to).
Steep has definitely turned out to be a better game than I was anticipating, and I came in with pretty high expectations. The events load instantly for people who like to hunt for high scores, transition between different activities is simple, and they even added in some limited grinding for those nerds who hate realism.

For me, it's a game where I can turn off the HUD and just ride. Steep is a ridiculously huge and open playground that rewards my exploration jones by letting me hunt for creative lines, unexpected jumps, and varied terrain. And when I find something fun or challenging, it's incredibly easy to replay.

I hope when it starts dropping into the $10-15 range, more people will pick it up. Too many people were hoping for a spiritual successor to SSX, but in my opinion Steep has carved out a wonderful niche in both the action sports and walking simulator/exploration genres. It does have many legitimate criticisms in it's handling of always-online connectivity, uninspired multiplayer, and questionable physics on the groomed park terrain. Still worth a buy at a discount.

If I had been you can surely bet I would've devised a successful way to get both Motoki and myself out. Poor guy. Although, maybe Yanni keeps feeding him grandma games, maybe he's content with the situation?
"The door is open, Motoki. But look to your left -- a computer loaded up with Sally Secrets & The Case of the Midnight Mummy. You can walk out, Motoki, but touch the keyboard and the door closes. The choice is yours."

...a door swings shut and Motoki's family spends another week wondering what happened to him...

Bros,

Despite my better judgement I'm going on another Wal-Mart wild goose chase, but at least this one is on my way to somewhere else.  Supposed to have 2TB WD Externals for $39.99.   You might want to check out your local ones to see if they have any.  

I'd ask for a Brickseek number but I'd save us both some time by asking you to randomly guess "yes" or "no"
lol...check the Best Buy DotD thread as someone posted there. It recently dropped from $49 to $39, but there's hope because when they were $49, no stores around me had them at all, they were all full price, but no several claim to have them at $39 so the clearance was recent here. I could also pick up one if you wanted to pay the shipping (and assuming they actually have them, of course).

Nah, it's cool.  I still have an external (3TB?) from some Target clearance that I bought for $30 or so sitting in its box.  Thanks for the offer but I mainly wanted to bitch about the worthless Brickseek inspired goose chases.

Nah, it's cool. I still have an external (3TB?) from some Target clearance that I bought for $30 or so sitting in its box. Thanks for the offer but I mainly wanted to bitch about the worthless Brickseek inspired goose chases.
Oh yeah, I hate them. If this wasn't literally the nearest Wal-Mart and didn't claim it had a ton in stock, I wouldn't even bother. The one I went to yesterday that had 3 routers in stock had none at all. I wonder sometimes if the people that claim to find stuff at Wal-Mart on clearance just troll us and laugh as we waste our gas money.

Also, is the consensus that pre-loading on Steam isn't worth it given the time it takes to verify?  Wondering if I should pre-load DR4 or not.  probably will. I preloaded Steep and though it gave me an error and I had to verify files on Uplay, that still took less time than DLing it all again. 

I've definitely found stuff in Walmart via Brickseek, but it seems to be kinda hit or miss. In my experience, anything that shows up in the results for my nearest Walmart is usually there (and at that price). But if it's showing stock at the next closest Walmart, more times than not, it's a false positive.

Brickseek is showing that the hard drive is in stock at that less reliable Walmart. My hopes are not high, but that Walmart is right next to a supermarket. And I gotta buy some food stuff to prepare for the blizzard that's gonna hit tomorrow (because God forbid I go a couple of days without bread or milk). So I might as well poke my head in and check.

Supposedly Brickseek is much more reliable with Target searchers. But I don't have a lot of personal experience with that.

I've definitely found stuff in Walmart via Brickseek, but it seems to be kinda hit or miss. In my experience, anything that shows up in the results for my nearest Walmart is usually there (and at that price). But if it's showing stock at the next closest Walmart, more times than not, it's a false positive.

Brickseek is showing that the hard drive is in stock at that less reliable Walmart. My hopes are not high, but that Walmart is right next to a supermarket. And I gotta buy some food stuff to prepare for the blizzard that's gonna hit tomorrow (because God forbid I go a couple of days without bread or milk). So I might as well poke my head in and check.

Supposedly Brickseek is much more reliable with Target searchers. But I don't have a lot of personal experience with that.
I've had worse luck with Target myself. Never found anything there either, but I have some SD resellers in the area so...

Dead Rising 4 preload is only 126 MB so I suspect that's not the full game...lol

Also, the CPU fan on my computer was making like a "whirrrrrrr" sound when I turned it on. Should I replace it preemptively? I have a YUUUGE heatsink on my cooler so even if the fan died I doubt my chip would fry. Shame too, I bought that fan like a year ago, damn Cooler Master and their shoddy products! Good thing is I have two more I could just pop in there, but still.

Also, the CPU fan on my computer was making like a "whirrrrrrr" sound when I turned it on. Should I replace it preemptively? I have a YUUUGE heatsink on my cooler so even if the fan died I doubt my chip would fry. Shame too, I bought that fan like a year ago, damn Cooler Master and their shoddy products! Good thing is I have two more I could just pop in there, but still.
You can try cleaning and oiling it. Just remember to cover the "oiling hole" again

Are you collecting HDDs?
No, but I could use one for like a back-up, back-up for pics and videos. I currently have two 1 TB but both are old and one of them is one of those old big ones that needs its own power supply.

You can try cleaning and oiling it. Just remember to cover the "oiling hole" again
I always forget to cover Bah's mom's oiling hole and boy does it leak.

But seriously, never oiled fan. Will have to look into that.

Also, the CPU fan on my computer was making like a "whirrrrrrr" sound when I turned it on. Should I replace it preemptively?
If you own the fans, I would. The heat sink isn't very useful if you're not blowing the heat off of it. You can do the clean & oil, of course, but I tend to view fans as disposable rather than something to be maintained.

I still haven't gotten around to installing my giant radiator and now think I don't really need to but I might as well. I'll never bother trying to return it so I might as well use it.

Speaking of noises, my old car didn't have ABS and when I braked in the snow in my new car, it sounded like a bear trying to gargle a handful of screws. Looking it up, I guess that's pretty much just what it sounds like. If we can put a man on the moon...

If you own the fans, I would. The heat sink isn't very useful if you're not blowing the heat off of it. You can do the clean & oil, of course, but I tend to view fans as disposable rather than something to be maintained.

I still haven't gotten around to installing my giant radiator and now think I don't really need to but I might as well. I'll never bother trying to return it so I might as well use it.

Speaking of noises, my old car didn't have ABS and when I braked in the snow in my new car, it sounded like a bear trying to gargle a handful of screws. Looking it up, I guess that's pretty much just what it sounds like. If we can put a man on the moon...
Yeah, I have two attached to the door of my case, but that I don't plug in, so I think I'll just switch it out with one of those, but still oil the one I take out and install it on the door.

I've had that issue with ABS brakes on gravel. The parking lot to the local Ollie's always has dirt and gravel (it's next to a Tractor Supply so I assume that's why) and sometimes as I'm parking I'm greeted with the loud noise and delayed stop as the ABS tries to adjust with the gravel.

My ABS doesn't kick in unless the road is covered in ice and snow because I don't slam on the brakes during my everyday commutes like a teenage girl.

My IBS, on the other hand... :hot:

Looks like Sony is adding PS4 games to PlayStation Now soon.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/13/playstation-now-stream-ps4-games-in-2017/

If it works great on my computer and internet connection, I would definitely subscribe to play some PS4 exclusives. Also, some people in the comments there are really Butt-hurt about this lol.
This is awesome. Just add Until Dawn and my need to ever buy a PS4 goes to zero. Also, why isn't Myster D doing this to play Red Dead Redemption (and long-winded post about resolution and graphics and streaming and etc. in 3...2...1....)

SeasonalCAG Router Shaman:

Always want to write some long ass posts but no one will read/care so get this: ASUS RT-AC68P $70 on Newegg or look on Ebay where I got the T-Mobile branded version for $50 (which you can flash to the AC68P)

If you want to get confused/educated: How To Buy A Wireless Router - 2017 Edition
TL;DR from the website: If you have an N class router, it's time to upgrade to AC class. This can provide both throughput and range improvement, even with 11g or n devices. (Upgraded from Linksys E3200 to T-Mobile/AC68P and experienced this first hand)
Small heads up that the T-Mobile branded Asus AC1900 is $45.99 w/ free shipping on Tanga. (SD thread)

This is awesome. Just add Until Dawn and my need to ever buy a PS4 goes to zero. Also, why isn't Myster D doing this to play Red Dead Redemption (and long-winded post about resolution and graphics and streaming and etc. in 3...2...1....)
Horizon Zero Dawn

The Last of Us

Bloodborne

Just a couple ;D

Horizon Zero Dawn

The Last of Us

Bloodborne
I assume you mean TLoU2 since TLoU is already available to stream. Anyway, I think we all have large enough backlogs that we can wait for those titles to hit the streaming circuit as Sony tries to squeeze some final revenue out of them.

In deal news...

Domino's is doing BOGO free this week.

Only really a good deal if you local Domino's doesn't do the $7.99 3-topping larges all the time or you can't work with that deal for some reason.

I'll probably pick up two pan style pizzas later in the week.

Also, I hate inm8num2 cause I couldn't pass up the router for $43 (I had $3 credit in something called TangaCash... sounds like a word for stripper money).

I was perfectly happy with getting 125 on speedtests until I came across a better router for cheap.  I can't wait to see 200+ on speedtests and then be irritated that I can't download anything from anywhere that will saturate my line.

Steam/Origin can saturate those, I usually hit 30 MB/s (which is ~240mbps) from them.  Uplay used to but for some reason for the past 2-3 weeks uplay always downloads at half my actual rate, not sure whats going on there. At least the only thing I download on uplay are updates for siege, so its only a concern once every 1.5 months

Steam/Origin can saturate those, I usually hit 30 MB/s from them. Uplay used to but for some reason for the past 2-3 weeks uplay always downloads at half my actual rate, not sure whats going on there. At least the only thing I download on uplay are updates for siege, so its only a concern once every 1.5 months
I don't think ASF is gonna hit 30MB/s idling.

You don't actually play games... do you?!?!

bread's done
Back