Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I don't think ASF is gonna hit 30MB/s idling.

You don't actually play games... do you?!?!
Not really, i still download them under the delusion that Ill play them during all that free time or when Im not playing the actual 3 games that I only ever play. Those hard drives arent gonna fill themselves

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really, i still download them under the delusion that Ill play them during all that free time or when Im not playing the actual 3 games that I only ever play. Those hard drives arent gonna fill themselves
I have the exact same problem, and the 3 games that I do play are all F2P games.... This is an illness.

ARMA: Cold War Assault

CK7HK-64FAP-8J3KY

Arma: Gold Edition

CQKMV-6KXC4-96LIV

Arma Tactics

9CVM2-LFK0I-ZVD7G

I know it's a Steam thread, but since you guys are talking about PS Now:

Basically, Horizon: Zero Dawn is Witcher 3 Lite. Not that lite, but if it wasn't for Witcher 3, it'd probably be GotY type material.

Back on topic

ztyt0i.jpg

Back on topic

ztyt0i.jpg
SeasonalCAG Celebration:

Congrats to the TheHangout Broh this is who I look up to in my +1 efforts. What was 7000?

Looks like Sony is adding PS4 games to PlayStation Now soon.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/13/playstation-now-stream-ps4-games-in-2017/

If it works great on my computer and internet connection, I would definitely subscribe to play some PS4 exclusives. Also, some people in the comments there are really Butt-hurt about this lol.
SeasonalCAG Ex Console Broh:

This is good to hear because I recently got rid of my last console which was the PS4 was thinking about holding on to it for Persona 5 but thought it would just collect dust like it had been. Hopefully it gets the newer releases and not just the old garbage no ones to play or has played already.

Pizza: mushrooms, roasted red peppers, grilled chicken.
If someone's buying pizza for while playing Mass Effect: Andromeda, they should buy a large cheese pizza and order all kinds of micro-transactions worth of toppings.

Do as many micro-transactions of toppings that you can do - bacon, sausage, pepperoni, anchovies, olives, onions, broccoli, BBQ rib, ham, hamburger, shaved steak, pineapples, etc etc.

That way, one can be ready for micro-transactions galore in ME:A's Multiplayer:

http://www.psu.com/news/32447/mass-effect-andromeda-multiplayer-microtransactions

It was a Christmas miracle. Walmart had the HD. They had one left on the shelf and some guy was holding as I got there, but he looked at me and put it back on the shelf. I picked it up, paid and asked if by chance they had one more. She went to the back and behold, she came back with one more! No clue how many more were back there (Brickseek claimed 7 in stock).

The whole experience was quite surreal for Walmart and I'm still wondering if I haven't been passed out dreaming this whole time.

Also, Comcast finally came today. The fox is back under the cap, but the internet is faster, meh.

It was a Christmas miracle.

Walmart had the HD. They had one left on the shelf and some guy was holding as I got there, but he looked at me and put it back on the shelf. I picked it up, paid and asked if by chance they had one more.

She went to the back and behold, she came back with one more! No clue how many more were back there (Brickseek claimed 7 in stock).

The whole experience was quite surreal for Walmart and I'm still wondering if I haven't been passed out dreaming this whole time.

Also, Comcast finally came today. The fox is back under the cap, but the internet is faster, meh.
high-.gif

It was a Christmas miracle. Walmart had the HD. They had one left on the shelf and some guy was holding as I got there, but he looked at me and put it back on the shelf. I picked it up, paid and asked if by chance they had one more. She went to the back and behold, she came back with one more! No clue how many more were back there (Brickseek claimed 7 in stock).

Congrats! Brickseek said the two Walmarts near me each had two of those drives in stock, but I didn't see them in either store. Checked where hard drives are normally shelved, checked electronics clearance, and checked the main clearance aisle. I didn't bother asking anyone since in my experience Brickseek doesn't reflect what my Walmarts have very well.

The good news is I picked up a gallon of milk for $1.08.

I was perfectly happy with getting 125 on speedtests until I came across a better router for cheap. I can't wait to see 200+ on speedtests and then be irritated that I can't download anything from anywhere that will saturate my line.
I used to use Speedtest and just let it default to the location it wanted to test me against (closest) and would get 90. Then I tried other tests and would get between 160-210+ but those weren't Speedtest so could I trust them? Finally, I decided to try it against a random location (picked somewhere in San Jose) and it came back ~200. So, really, the nearest location to me is just shit and has been under reporting my speed :wall:

I used to use Speedtest and just let it default to the location it wanted to test me against (closest) and would get 90. Then I tried other tests and would get between 160-210+ but those weren't Speedtest so could I trust them? Finally, I decided to try it against a random location (picked somewhere in San Jose) and it came back ~200. So, really, the nearest location to me is just shit and has been under reporting my speed :wall:
Yeah, it would default me to 500 miles away and a slower speed, pretty consistently, when a fast local server was in the next town over.

I know it's a Steam thread, but since you guys are talking about PS Now:

Basically, Horizon: Zero Dawn is Witcher 3 Lite. Not that lite, but if it wasn't for Witcher 3, it'd probably be GotY type material.
Really?! I don't have a PS4 or much interest in PS Now, but, uh, Horizon looks like hot garbage if the commercials are any basis for judgment.

Dead Rising 4 is DLing and it's only 42.4 GB!  Thank god my fast internet will only take 2.5 hours to DL.   Seriously, I think if I find my USB Wifi Adapter I will give it a try to see if it beats this powerline adapter.  My Kindle Fire gave me 75mbps on Speedtest (which is the max I can get) and the desktop is only getting around 30-35.  Oh well. 

Dead Rising 4 is DLing and it's only 42.4 GB! Thank god my fast internet will only take 2.5 hours to DL. Seriously, I think if I find my USB Wifi Adapter I will give it a try to see if it beats this powerline adapter. My Kindle Fire gave me 75mbps on Speedtest (which is the max I can get) and the desktop is only getting around 30-35. Oh well.
Just get a long Ethernet cable to use in times like this. It'll save you hours at a time. Time is money.

Really?! I don't have a PS4 or much interest in PS Now, but, uh, Horizon looks like hot garbage if the commercials are any basis for judgment.
I was pretty skeptical too, but still got it at release. Have put about 30 hrs into it at this point, which is more than I've put into any other open world game in a looong time. Despite my doubts, Guerrilla really pulled it off with an impressive first entry in the genre. I can understand the TW3 comparisons. Plan on getting 100%.

Glad to be enjoying open world games again after the burnout from Ubisoft. Looking forward to NieR on Friday.

There's a guy in the trade thread selling them who says you can.
"Yeah man, you can totally use my suspiciously cheap product, you just gotta <insert illegal activity here>"

Disclaimers;

inb4 someone says "vpn is not illegal just against tos lolzolz lern2reed"

also this is not a swipe at r9800, he's been a bro who's hooked me up with some great deals during pre-"virtual Iron Curtain" glory days.

Posts on the ddwrt forum seem to indicate that using ddwrt firmware limits a router's speed to around CPUFREQ/4.5ish, due to not being able to enable hardware accelerated NAT.

My n750 has a 480Mhz cpu, which works out to around 107Mbps.

Depending on the version I install, I've seen rates ranging from around 80Mbps to 125Mbps. So I'm fairly certain the cpu is limiting my speed at this point.

My nearest speedtest server was giving me ~220Mbps speeds when directly connected to the modem.

Link? Or you joking with me? :/

I'm curious if activating it through GeForce via VPN means you have to make a new Uplay or something.
You dont need a new uPlay. VPN on (whatever region the coupon is from): log into GeForce Experience, claim game, log into uPlay when it tells you to. Then log off Geforce and turn VPN off. Restart uPlay. Play.

Got to play Breath of the Wild today for a few hours.  Unless it gets way more interesting later on, I do not understand how this is getting so much praise.   It was the first major Zelda game I have played that I didn't hate to stop playing.  The upside is any temptation to get a Switch before some sort of good Black Friday/Christmas bundle is available has evaporated.  

Got to play Breath of the Wild today for a few hours. Unless it gets way more interesting later on, I do not understand how this is getting so much praise. It was the first major Zelda game I have played that I didn't hate to stop playing. The upside is any temptation to get a Switch before some sort of good Black Friday/Christmas bundle is available has evaporated.
It's 100% overhyped. So many other games out that do everything better.

If it wasnt ZELDA it would have gotten like 7's/10

Looks like Sony is adding PS4 games to PlayStation Now soon.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/13/playstation-now-stream-ps4-games-in-2017/

If it works great on my computer and internet connection, I would definitely subscribe to play some PS4 exclusives. Also, some people in the comments there are really Butt-hurt about this lol.
Currently 720P/30 fps. You will rejoin the rank of the last gen console peon via $99/year premium sub (no, you don't own the games) while the current gen console peasant enjoy 1080P/4k gaming and 60fps on their own machines.

And I assume that your internet connection is super high speed with unlimited bandwith cap (u have to factor the premium monthly bill for that premium speed and data too, don't u?). I hope your internet don't die on a rainy night you decide to stream because this streaming subscription is a just subversive always-on DRM (no internet, no game for you). Thirdly, no MP for those games you stream.

So at the end of the day, why don't you just buy a PS4 on Black Friday instead?

I have no intention of getting PS Now but...

(no, you don't own the games)
If the library is sufficient, I don't really care. I rarely replay games unless they were something exceptional.

And I assume that your internet connection is super high speed (u have to factor the premium bill for that speed too, don't u?).
Why would you? Unless you're upgrading your internet exclusively for this, it's a sunk cost.

I hope your internet don't die on a rainy night you decide to stream because this streaming subscription is a just subversive always-on DRM
Same for a number of PC games. And, really, you'll probably survive playing something else for six hours before you can reconnect after the storm.

Thirdly, no MP for those games you stream.
Is anyone playing these for the MP? I'd assume it was mainly to access the exclusives which aren't really MP experiences.

So at the end of the day, why don't you just buy a PS4 on Black Friday instead?
Because a PS4 + Games costs more than $100?

Biggest issue for me would be that it's only worth it for exclusives (who needs this to play Injustice?) and it's not worth a hundred bucks to me to play some old Uncharted games and The Last of Us.

Now I've only seen your posts for a couple of weeks to this point, so I could be totally off base here, but I've been getting the distinct impression that if Horizon had come out on the Switch instead of the PS4 you'd be saying the exact same thing about it right now.

In deal news...

Domino's is doing BOGO free this week.

Only really a good deal if you local Domino's doesn't do the $7.99 3-topping larges all the time or you can't work with that deal for some reason.
Papa John's also has a 50% off coupon code (PAPA) for online orders for the next couple weeks.

I haven't had Papa John's in over 10 years. Modern consensus seems to be that it's not very good but I remember liking PJ's more than others like Domino's, Pizza Hut, or the godawful Little Caesars. Hungry Howie's will always be my favorite.

Recently I've been craving the Pizza Hut lunch buffet, if that's still a thing. The pizzas came out slowly and you usually had to rush before other diners gobbled up all the slices, but for $5 it was a solid deal.

If someone only plays a few hours of BoTW then they are missing out. It opens up a little slowly but it has the best exploration of any open world game. I wasn't drawn in for a bit but when it bit me I was hooked. Horizon is great too, there are tons of great games right now.

Exactly what I say if this game had everything Zelda Related Swapped it wouldn't be getting so much hype I played it and it's fun but the best games of all time material

Zelda is awesome.  Nioh is GOTY.  Persona 5 in three weeks.  This is the best three month span of new releases ever.  I haven't even started Hitman Complete, Horizon, Nier, Yakuza 0, or Resident Evil 7 yet.  :D/

I'm seriously wondering why you even play games that aren't MP FPS with voice support so you can trash talk, gamerdudebro.

Zelda is awesome. Nioh is GOTY. Persona 5 in three weeks. This is the best three month span of new releases ever. I haven't even started Hitman Complete, Horizon, Nier, Yakuza 0, or Resident Evil 7 yet. :D/
August to November 2007 would like a word with you...

BioShock
Metroid Prime 3
Halo 3
Call of Duty 4
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed

Honorable Mentions
The Witcher
Crysis
The Orange Box

Other Noteworthy Releases
Heavenly Sword
Contra 4

Imagine the latest Tomb Raider games, but if they were fun.

I only played the 2013 one because Rise hasn't hit my $10 price point yet and I probably can't run it anyway, but I thought it was a solid action-adventure, which doesn't make it a Tomb Raider game in the classic sense, but who cares?

I was pretty skeptical too, but still got it at release. Have put about 30 hrs into it at this point, which is more than I've put into any other open world game in a looong time. Despite my doubts, Guerrilla really pulled it off with an impressive first entry in the genre. I can understand the TW3 comparisons. Plan on getting 100%.
Glad to be enjoying open world games again after the burnout from Ubisoft. Looking forward to NieR on Friday.
Apparently there must be a lot more to this game than meets the eye, but comparisons to one of the biggest and most well-written role-playing games of the last few years seem hyperbolic, at best.

August to November 2007 would like a word with you...

BioShock
Metroid Prime 3
Halo 3
Call of Duty 4
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed

Honorable Mentions
The Witcher
Crysis
The Orange Box

Other Noteworthy Releases
Heavenly Sword
Contra 4
Assassin's Creed 1 doesn't belong on the list, IMHO. It was good b/c it was something brand new, but not great.

It's horrible structure of forcing players to do some cut + paste side-quests (especially for both the NPC's + their voice-acting) before hitting the main quests really felt like unnecessary padding.

Plus, that game didn't need the back 1/3rd to be mostly all action and not a stealth game, either.

For me, AC didn't start getting great until AC2 - when it pretty much fixed every complaint that I had about AC1.

bread's done
Back