Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Agreed. Especially since so many of them end up feeling like they're half finished games, slapping on procedural generation and permadeath rather than having planned levels, progression mechanics, and some sort of actual narrative throughline.

Seriously, with so many of them it just feels like they get halfway through designing a really good game, and then say "Ok, that's good enough."
As a fan of rogue-likes I can agree with this sentiment. It's not the fault of the genre... some games are just poorly made. Procedural level creation is just fine if it's done well, but so often it is not. Hero Siege, for example, does random level generation very well -- it never looks as if it's just random pieces jammed together in uninteresting ways. When it's not done well it's lifeless and boring.

Edit: Don't know if all the codes have been redeemed, but I've gotten three likes on this post, so it's possible they're gone.

Quake Champions Closed Beta Codes

PYK6-H74D-N4KX-7M8P-A63K

MQX9-H48B-B2DM-7U4H-N69A

UKF3-D39P-N7CQ-3R9C-H78C

Closed Beta Instructions

Feel free to send your friends these quick steps to redeeming their code and getting into the game!

Log in to your Bethesda.net account.Redeem your code.Download the Bethesda.net launcher and log in.Download Quake Champions and get ready for the Closed Beta test.

Our next Closed Beta Test begins May 4th at 10:00AM EDT and runs until May7th at 4:00PM EDT. Keep an eye out for notifications on upcoming tests.

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news, Star Wars deal was price glitch after all, now fixed.
vader.jpg

Well, Reds still manages to die pretty consistently from thirst or starvation and there's always babysitting him or engaging with the zombies if you want. I suck at the zombies, but Jimbo could put them down pretty easily. The big hulk like zombies are tough unless you run them over with a bus. I actually like the game without a lot of PvP to worry about because I like the exploration and scavenging. The server wasn't totally empty, but the map was big enough that I don't think I ever ran across a random.
At least in The Forest there is the option to eat flowers/grass so when my character is constantly starving I can find something to eat. Jimbo and me managed to keep dying of thirst exploring a cave last time we played, so at least I wasn't the only one with problems for once.

In other news, Star Wars deal was price glitch after all, now fixed.
I actually got in on a glitch! Yay!

What is the discount supposed to be, since I can no longer see it?

Edit: Making the assumption that it was double discounted. The games were on sale for 60-75% off, and then further discounted 75% or something. Yeah, pretty glad I jumped on it. I was eyeing GOG for X-Wing and TIE Fighter special editions.

I actually got in on a glitch! Yay!

What is the discount supposed to be, since I can no longer see it?

Edit: Making the assumption that it was double discounted. The games were on sale for 60-75% off, and then further discounted 75% or something. Yeah, pretty glad I jumped on it. I was eyeing GOG for X-Wing and TIE Fighter special editions.
Bundles are always "double discount"

It was -77% discount stacked to 60-75% prices for total of 93%. Now it's 23% discount stacked to same sale prices.

Hint: 100% - 77% = 23% . So someone likely failed math :p

Republic Commando is a solid shooter. Empire at War is an entertaining RTS (with seriously unbalanced forces, which Petroglyph seems to have done on purpose as a nod to the lore). I can't speak to much of the rest. You probably already know whether you like LEGO games or not. I have serious doubts about the rest of those things aging very well. I'm pretty sure Republic Heroes was terrible when it came out.
Mostly agree. Although the older games were good for their day apparently some have trouble actually running on modern systems. It doesn't look like the publisher did much in the way of support/ensuring the games function.

was it because I emailed Steam support & complained about the discount not applying to me?

If yes, I apologize
Not sure if this is a joke, but it was pointless to email steam support for that issue. It wasn't something they would have fixed for you, and I'd be surprised if they responded before the sale ended

Republic Commando is a solid shooter. Empire at War is an entertaining RTS (with seriously unbalanced forces, which Petroglyph seems to have done on purpose as a nod to the lore). I can't speak to much of the rest. You probably already know whether you like LEGO games or not. I have serious doubts about the rest of those things aging very well. I'm pretty sure Republic Heroes was terrible when it came out.
Actually, I've never played a Lego video-game, so can't speak on any of those....

why surprised? U never watched Total Recall?

article-2174916-1417A7F8000005DC-450_634x709.jpg
That robot looks a little embarrassed for her.

Also, yay me for getting in on the Star Wars glitch. Plus, I only owned a couple of the games so I got lots of glitched titles in one fell swoop!

Bundles are always "double discount"

It was -77% discount stacked to 60-75% prices for total of 93%. Now it's 23% discount stacked to same sale prices.

Hint: 100% - 77% = 23% . So someone likely failed math :p
I ended up picking it up completed my missing parts for under $10 really just wanted Lego star wars 3 even though I know it isn't that great

At least in The Forest there is the option to eat flowers/grass so when my character is constantly starving I can find something to eat. Jimbo and me managed to keep dying of thirst exploring a cave last time we played, so at least I wasn't the only one with problems for once.
Its amazing how your friend can revive you multiple times after you go into a coma from lack of water (and come back not so thirsty anymore).

Made my biannual Microcenter trip today, the Minnesota location now has a display with about 40 different headsets you can try on and acquire community sourced head cooties.  The people who recommended the HyperX Cloud series in this thread were not kidding, those things were ridiculously comfortable, could hardly tell I had anything on my head.  Definitely will be picking them up whenever I accidentally sit on my current headset.

says changes already available, where the russian bros at! Gotta test this price discrepancy thing

It's gonna suck for anyone that wants to trade gifts, or stock up on games that will potentially be removed from the store. That'll no longer be an option (except for old gifts before the new system was implemented), can only buy gifts on demand

Made my biannual Microcenter trip today, the Minnesota location now has a display with about 40 different headsets you can try on and acquire community sourced head cooties. The people who recommended the HyperX Cloud series in this thread were not kidding, those things were ridiculously comfortable, could hardly tell I had anything on my head. Definitely will be picking them up whenever I accidentally sit on my current headset.
Do they have tractor parking at your Micro Center?

https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1301948399254001159

Looks like saving gifts to your own inventory will no longer be a thing, and you can activate gifts from any region as long as the gifter is able to gift it.
says changes already available, where the russian bros at! Gotta test this price discrepancy thing
I wonder if russians can still gift anything
I was gonna ask one of the usuals around here that used to buy things for us but looks like he hasnt been online since january
I'm curious as to what the price discrepancy and regional limitations are as well. I bet TrumpCat can tell us since he had Russian connections.

I was searching through Facebook the other day and came across an obscure horror game trailer that looks like it could be hella cool if it ever actually ends up coming out....its called Last Year, supposedly coming to beta in August, kinda hope they do an early access for it as the game looks pretty cool to me.  And I know most of you will be like but Evolve failed and so will this, maybe so but the setting of this game seems to kinda fit the 5 vs 1 gameplay better to me but idk.

http://www.lastyearthegame.com/

I was searching through Facebook the other day and came across an obscure horror game trailer that looks like it could be hella cool if it ever actually ends up coming out....its called Last Year, supposedly coming to beta in August, kinda hope they do an early access for it as the game looks pretty cool to me. And I know most of you will be like but Evolve failed and so will this, maybe so but the setting of this game seems to kinda fit the 5 vs 1 gameplay better to me but idk.

http://www.lastyearthegame.com/
Concept has already been done with games like Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th. I don't think it'll fail, but I'm not sure how hyped people are for it. I came across it when watching a DBD streamer, otherwise I wouldn't have known about it. The setting does look more interesting to me than both of the games I mentioned though. DBD's environment is really stale, the gameplay is solid to some extent but the maps are boring.

It's gonna suck for anyone that wants to trade gifts, or stock up on games that will potentially be removed from the store. That'll no longer be an option (except for old gifts before the new system was implemented), can only buy gifts on demand
Not sure how I feel about this. People that join steam years from now wont have a chance to get removed games (if they are willing to pay the asking price of them) plus I can no longer hoard games in my inventory that I see on sale that I may or may not actually want. On the other hand, cross-region trading is going to be a thing again.

Not really sure what Valve stands to gain by this though. They lose sales/revenue from selling extra copies of soon to be removed games, and they have to be smart enough to see that they will lose revenue when they start selling a bunch of cross-region gifted games at discounted prices.

On the other hand, cross-region trading is going to be a thing again.
I don't know if that's true. Supposedly they disabled gifting for anything with a big difference in price between regions, but I imagine there'll be something akin to a glitch eventually where a cheap region can gift shit cross-region.

Concept has already been done with games like Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th. I don't think it'll fail, but I'm not sure how hyped people are for it. I came across it when watching a DBD streamer, otherwise I wouldn't have known about it. The setting does look more interesting to me than both of the games I mentioned though. DBD's environment is really stale, the gameplay is solid to some extent but the maps are boring.
Ah yeah guess I forgot about Dead by Daylight being basically the exact same game basically. Still will prob keep my eye out for Last Year too though since the setting and story seems a bit more interesting then Dead by Daylights.

Buying games cheaper cross-region seems to be nearly completely dead according to this post. I guess I'll be buying everything with steam wallet

The pricing cutoff seems to be 10%.
As someone from the US, I can't buy PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and gift it to someone in the UK.

A friend of mine in Canada just tried to buy Civ VI to gift to someone in Europe and was denied.

This will be a huge hassle for gifting in general via steam gifts.

Buying games cheaper cross-region seems to be nearly completely dead according to this post. I guess I'll be buying everything with steam wallet

The pricing cutoff seems to be 10%.

As someone from the US, I can't buy PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and gift it to someone in the UK.

A friend of mine in Canada just tried to buy Civ VI to gift to someone in Europe and was denied.

This will be a huge hassle for gifting in general via steam gifts.
#MakeSecretSantaAmericanAgain!

The thing that annoys me the most is how full of shit they are.

Gifting was so confusing and now we're making it easier for you!

Bullshit!

Just call it what it is, another attempt to limit/block third party transactions involving your marketplace. 

The thing that annoys me the most is how full of shit they are.

Gifting was so confusing and now we're making it easier for you!

Bullshit!

Just call it what it is, another attempt to limit/block third party transactions involving your marketplace.
They assume that if x amount of people buy a game at a reduced price from some cross-region trader that those people would be willing to pay full cost. I'm guessing the vast majority of people that will stop wasting money on cheap games (that they don't even play but buy simply because they are cheap) will end up outweighing the few people that were willing to buy a game at full cost but happened to get it cheaper.

First they took away good deals during the sales, then locked games to regions, now taking inventory gifts out.... probably gonna stop allowing keys from bundles soon enough too. Just because some of us may spend $100 during a sale buying a bunch of cheap games though doesn't mean we'll even spend that same $100 on full price games. And since Valve's costs are essentially fixed its just costing them money.

Almost forgot to buy into this month's Humble Monthly. Had 10% off so $10.80 for Dirt Rally, Inside, and whatever else comes in a couple days... Can't complain about this one.

bread's done
Back