Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I think I'm passing. Part of it is because they make it sound as though they're marked down from $80 when the few reviews on them I could find suggested they were closer to $40 MSRP. One of those products that's always "on sale" to make it look more quality than it is when they know nobody was going to pay $80+ for it.
I sent you a link on Steam, but I'll post it here for anyone interested:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00E1L784A/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Melee-Headphone-Black-Xbox/dp/B00E1L7836/

Polk Audio Headset. Decent reviews. Legit MSRP of $199.99. You can buy (from 3rd Party sellers) the Black one for $21 or the Green and White one fulfilled by Amazon for $27 (currently backordered).

Amazon sells the green ones directly for $114.

Lots of negative complaints because Polk stopped supporting the product so they no longer ship out for free some adapter to get them to work on the XB1 or some boom mic attachment, but it comes with a built in mic and someone in the answers question said it works out the box for PC so that shouldn't be an issue. Simulated surround can be had with that Razer program you can DL for free.

I see the Yeti for 89.99 again but... after the Gamestop cancellation I can't do it.  None of the headphones I have on a wishlist to keep an eye on are showing up in the sale either.  Not that I am surprised.   I am watching for stuff like the Fidelio X2 so good luck getting one of those for a reasonable price.  Probably should have jumped on the Sennheiser deal, they were probably more than good enough but too late now.  

I see the Yeti for 89.99 again but... after the Gamestop cancellation I can't do it. None of the headphones I have on a wishlist to keep an eye on are showing up in the sale either. Not that I am surprised. I am watching for stuff like the Fidelio X2 so good luck getting one of those for a reasonable price. Probably should have jumped on the Sennheiser deal, they were probably more than good enough but too late now.
What's funny about that is I just checked if Gamestop had the Blackout Yeti/Ghost Recon bundle in stock and they don't, but they have relisted the Watch Dogs 2 Version and it's available in several stores near me so I'm assuming those jerks decided to cancel just to be jerks and not because they actually ran out.

This one looks like the answers vary from "No" to "Yes, with extra equipment" to "Yeah, sure" :whistle2:k

https://www.amazon.com/forum/-/TxU0IXDCJ5GZ7I/ref=ask_dp_dpmw_al_hza?asin=B00E1L7836
Okay, two more options:

https://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-F-R-E-Q-5-Stereo-Headset/dp/B0095RWKEI

I have the FREQ3 version (and they have the black ones or white ones for similar price) - $33ish

The FREQ3 sound good, but I don't use the mic because it is built into the earcup and echos. I only paid $10 for them so I use an external mic, but these don't seem to have that problem as they have boom mics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dats only one options!

I remember when you bought those headphones from NewEgg and I tried to buy them two seconds later and they were sold out :oldman:
You know, I was going to link you to the Titanfall F.R.E.Q.4D but then I saw they had the mic built into the earcup so I figured it had the same issues as the ones I have.

General Announcement/Question:

I think the SSD on my desktop just died. Computer won't power on, keeps giving me boot files missing error, try to repair it with back Windows 10 USB and it won't fix anything. Got it to boot like once out of 20 attempts and then ran a Windows disk check, said it found errors, asked me if I wanted to restart to repair, I said Okay and boom, back to the same error on start up and not booting.

That's two out of two SSDs on two different PCs that have either sucked or crapped out pretty prematurely for me. Meanwhile those dirt cheap Hitachi refurbs are going strong. Go figure.

Anyway, I'm out of commission for bronights until I get this fixed/replaced.

What are your recs for either SSD that won't crap out in 2-3 years or a regular HD? TBH I don't put any of my games on my SSDs so I don't see any real performance gains other than start up and I can do without that.

What brand are the SSDs?  I usually just buy Western Digital hard drives aside from the Samsung SSD I own.  Knock on wood but I haven't had a WD drive die on me yet including the seven year old one original to this computer.

I remembered that my wife had bought me a Christmas gift that immediately broke and took forever to get our money back.  So she told me to feel free to spend $200 on myself in lieu of the gift.  So now I ordered these which seem pretty nicely priced and there's actually stores selling them for $250+ including Fry's and NewEgg.  I might need to invest in a real sound card to get the most out of them.

Edit: Hey, they have USB sound cards now.  Who knew?  Probably everyone except me.  Good news though since it appears that my monster video card covers all my slots.

You know, I was going to link you to the Titanfall F.R.E.Q.4D but then I saw they had the mic built into the earcup so I figured it had the same issues as the ones I have.

General Announcement/Question:

I think the SSD on my desktop just died. Computer won't power on, keeps giving me boot files missing error, try to repair it with back Windows 10 USB and it won't fix anything. Got it to boot like once out of 20 attempts and then ran a Windows disk check, said it found errors, asked me if I wanted to restart to repair, I said Okay and boom, back to the same error on start up and not booting.

That's two out of two SSDs on two different PCs that have either sucked or crapped out pretty prematurely for me. Meanwhile those dirt cheap Hitachi refurbs are going strong. Go figure.

Anyway, I'm out of commission for bronights until I get this fixed/replaced.

What are your recs for either SSD that won't crap out in 2-3 years or a regular HD? TBH I don't put any of my games on my SSDs so I don't see any real performance gains other than start up and I can do without that.
I've been using PNY SSDs and they haven't failed me yet. I only use them for the OS and a few games, though - never to store crucial data like my music.

What brand are the SSDs? I usually just buy Western Digital hard drives aside from the Samsung SSD I own. Knock on wood but I haven't had a WD drive die on me yet including the seven year old one original to this computer.

I remembered that my wife had bought me a Christmas gift that immediately broke and took forever to get our money back. So she told me to feel free to spend $200 on myself in lieu of the gift. So now I ordered these which seem pretty nicely priced and there's actually stores selling them for $250+ including Fry's and NewEgg. I might need to invest in a real sound card to get the most out of them.
Well, I just checked and I lucked out and the thing is still under warranty. It's an Radeon R7, which is just an OCZ branded SSD. OCZ has some advanced warranty program where they'll ship me out a replacement and return package for added convenience. That's nice.

I still haven't had much look with desktop SSDs. The one before this in another build was a Kingston and it just sort of sucked. Always had issues with it.

I've had really good experience with WD myself. My old boot drive is a 2TB WD I bought like 7 years ago that is still in my computer right now, though no longer a boot drive. There's a WD Blue SSD for $85 and the 1TB HD is $40 so those would probably be my go tos if this warranty replacement doesn't work out. That or a non-refurb Hitachi Ultrastar as these refurbs have really surprised me with the quality so I'd hope a new one would be even more reliable.

Amazon streaming promotion credit for $10 part for prime day.
Stream to any console by July 7th for the first time to get a free $10 credit for prime day.
Why am I just hearing about this now? SAD!

trump_cat_cries.jpg

I see the Yeti for 89.99 again but... after the Gamestop cancellation I can't do it. None of the headphones I have on a wishlist to keep an eye on are showing up in the sale either. Not that I am surprised. I am watching for stuff like the Fidelio X2 so good luck getting one of those for a reasonable price. Probably should have jumped on the Sennheiser deal, they were probably more than good enough but too late now.
FWIW, the Fidelio X2s are a crapshoot. You have a decent chance of getting one that sounds like shit, and if you do get one of the good ones they're extremely tight/uncomfortable anyway. The Sennheisers were the better deal IMO, at least you don't have to worry about quality control issues with those. I bought the X2 the last time they were on sale (I think I paid $200?) and completely regretted my purchase.

Rift for 399.00 minus $80 instant amazon card for visa app and confirmed by no less than two amazon cs reps, should see a credit for 20% back for the purchase today...  with taxes, should be a total of $280 or so. 

Shouldn't have done it, but did.  

The old GTX 970 should get me by for a while.   Here's hoping.

All that Rift talking made me try the real cheapo alternative, Riftcat, I wasn't expecting too much, got a cheap google cardboard for testing purposes and the thing worked well, played a bit of Minecraft and it was a good experience, so that was my first VR experience.

https://riftcat.com/vridge

Weird, was that a prime deal or third party seller?
Third party. I looked at a couple of headphone/audio forums I have bookmarked and I see that they marked down a bunch of headphones for a while including some more expensive models then raised them back to regular prices. music123 I think was the seller. I had a notification from a tracker but obviously not going to notice the phone buzzing when zooming around on a zero turn mower. Probably trying to get rid of some inventory using Prime Day traffic.

Third party. I looked at a couple of headphone/audio forums I have bookmarked and I see that they marked down a bunch of headphones for a while including some more expensive models then raised them back to regular prices. music123 I think was the seller. I had a notification from a tracker but obviously not going to notice the phone buzzing when zooming around on a zero turn mower. Probably trying to get rid of some inventory using Prime Day traffic.
I checked reddit, looks like one of the sellers is known for shipping wrong items (Woodwind and Brasswind). Don't know about music123

I checked reddit, looks like one of the sellers is known for shipping wrong items (Woodwind and Brasswind). Don't know about music123
Music123 is legit. They sell discount music equipment. Got my Casio XW-DJ1 from them at like $100 under MSRP randomly on Amazon.

Also, managed to repair my SSD by taking it out of my desktop, putting it in an external enclosure and hooking it up to my laptop. Prompted me to repair. Repaired, backed up my stuff, and plugged it back in and my desktop should be running for now. I should make bronights as long as I don't turn it off for the next week or until I get the replacement.

I just replaced my main ssd. For about a month I had been getting random BSODs usually referencing something that sounded storage related, and I already knew there were some issues with my ssd after a power failure because i would have to pull the power from the pc to get the ssd to reset itself into a bootable state. That was a crucial, and it lasted me a good 2-3 years, but that boot problem had always existed.

So recently I replaced it with a samsung ssd for my main OS drive, and the crucial got relegated to game of the month install duty. So it just houses bf1, r6, pubg, couple others that can benefit from ssd performance.

So for ssd i could recommend samsung, previous ones Ive had and friends have never had issues. For non-ssd I always recommend the toshiba's. They are the only company still hitting a good price/perf ratio. Their p-series are the cheaper end and you can get a 2TB for 63$ thats still 7200rpm. I use one of those for my steambox. Then you can get into their higher end X-series like a 5TB for 150, 6tb for 180 where the next closest drives might be a seagate(non surveillance) for 250 and not even be 7200rpm. Ive been using a 5tb x300 as my game drive for a few years now and a 6tb as a movie drive

Rift for 399.00 minus $80 instant amazon card for visa app and confirmed by no less than two amazon cs reps, should see a credit for 20% back for the purchase today... with taxes, should be a total of $280 or so.

Shouldn't have done it, but did.

The old GTX 970 should get me by for a while. Here's hoping.
"amazon card for visa app" doesnt make sense.

Also the 20% cash back is not for the RIFT, I confirmed this yesterday.

"amazon card for visa app" doesnt make sense.

Also the 20% cash back is not for the RIFT, I confirmed this yesterday.
Visa application for the amazon card. (instant $80) I have two saved chats from two reps that told me I get the 20%. Who knows but I feel like with two reps saying it in writing, I will be ok on that.

Visa application for the amazon card. (instant $80) I have two saved chats from two reps that told me I get the 20%. Who knows but I feel like with two reps saying it in writing, I will be ok on that.
Ohhh so you applied for the Amazon Visa Credit Card...derp my bad lol!

It sounds like Fidelios in general are iffy, sometimes great, sometimes not so great but these L2s are so cheap that I am biting even if I get something better later.  I am currently using the Logitech F540 headset, not great to begin with and starting to finally die on me.  I thought about it a bit and talked myself into getting a Yeti so I have to find something to go with it.  Found some reviews praising these, some complaining about the bass but nothing made them sound like a bad deal at 68 bucks with no tax and free shipping.  Anyway, headphone quest is on hold for now.  Mentioning these in case someone else is interested.

Worth a gamble at that price, IMHO.  

Well, I just checked and I lucked out and the thing is still under warranty. It's an Radeon R7, which is just an OCZ branded SSD. OCZ has some advanced warranty program where they'll ship me out a replacement and return package for added convenience. That's nice.

I still haven't had much look with desktop SSDs. The one before this in another build was a Kingston and it just sort of sucked. Always had issues with it.

I've had really good experience with WD myself. My old boot drive is a 2TB WD I bought like 7 years ago that is still in my computer right now, though no longer a boot drive. There's a WD Blue SSD for $85 and the 1TB HD is $40 so those would probably be my go tos if this warranty replacement doesn't work out. That or a non-refurb Hitachi Ultrastar as these refurbs have really surprised me with the quality so I'd hope a new one would be even more reliable.
samsungs are probably the best ssds but you pay a premium for it unless you catch a sick sale. They are probably not "fox" priced.
I would definitely do research on the cheap ones. SSD just die with no warning so its worth doing a bit of shopping or paying a little more some something better.

I have joined the Peanutbutter Underground Kids Klub due to the grace of user Lord Hamm who is a prince among men (or at least among hams) and graciously offered me his GMG coupon code.

Out of pure curiosity... 

How many people in this thread have dedicated sound cards in their systems?   (I guess that would included a USB sound card but if that's what you got say as much.)

No real point to the question other than pure curiosity as I grew up in an age when a sound card was likely the third most important thing in your PC...  And now I just use on board sound like most folks do I imagine.

Out of pure curiosity...

How many people in this thread have dedicated sound cards in their systems? (I guess that would included a USB sound card but if that's what you got say as much.)
I don't. I am not, nor have I ever been, an audiophile. In fact, if you made me listen to Skyrim music (which I've got hundreds of hours in) I couldn't point out a single song as most of the time I play my games muted.

On board sound card here.

I typically mute the music in every game I play. 

I care so little about audio quality that I use an old set of speakers that has one broken speaker.

EDIT:

To be clear.  I grew up in the age when sound cards were "important" too.  I even bought into the hype a bit, back when "3D" (Aureal 3D and the like) and surround sound cards were beginning to become a thing, and got a card that supported those.  But in the end I never used those features for long, outside of using the TOSLINK out to transfer music to my minidisc player.

Out of pure curiosity...

How many people in this thread have dedicated sound cards in their systems? (I guess that would included a USB sound card but if that's what you got say as much.)

No real point to the question other than pure curiosity as I grew up in an age when a sound card was likely the third most important thing in your PC... And now I just use on board sound like most folks do I imagine.
I do have a dedicated sound card, but it's a pretty low end Asus Xonar DG (I think). Works well, low performance hit on the system, and has built in headphone amp. Probably paid $20 for it. I always intended to get a more audiophile oriented card, but could never justify the expense. Plus, PCI slots seem to be getting scarce on newer motherboards, and I haven't looked at newer sound cards in a very long time.

I think as motherboard-based sound has gotten better over the last 15 years or so, people have felt much less of a need for dedicated sound cards (especially as there is always a shortage of PCI slots in most builds). My sense is that the only people who really buy these anymore are professional musicians, people who just throw money at their systems because they can, and people who are so obsessed with sound quality that all of their game soundtracks are carefully categorized and would never dream of playing an MP3 when there's the slightest chance that a lossless version of the same song is available (you know who you are). I think an SB Audigy was the last sound card I bought and I can't even tell you how long ago that was. Sound just does seem to have been a bigger deal in the past than it is today. 

On board sound here, too.

I can remember those old days, my Soundblaster 16. It was THE THING and came on a kit, with a CD-rom unit and about 40 games. Paid $500 back in the day.

Out of pure curiosity...

No real point to the question other than pure curiosity as I grew up in an age when a sound card was likely the third most important thing in your PC... And now I just use on board sound like most folks do I imagine.
I've been using onboard for as long as I remember, but I'm cheap so that's one of the things you can always save money on. Plus most MOBOs come with decent onboard sound and surround connects so no need. That said, I have a PCI card (not installed) I used to use back when Pro Tools required certain hardware to run and I'll probably install it since it has MIDI. I also have a USB sound card thing I used when being lazy that does the same thing the PCI card does (minus the MIDI). And then I have random USB soundcard things that have come with headphones over the years. Not sure if those count.

I don't. I am not, nor have I ever been, an audiophile. In fact, if you made me listen to Skyrim music (which I've got hundreds of hours in) I couldn't point out a single song as most of the time I play my games muted.
The correct format is "I DO not. I AM not, nor HAVE I, nor WILL I, nor CAN I ever been an audiophile."

I've been using onboard for as long as I remember, but I'm cheap so that's one of the things you can always save money on. Plus most MOBOs come with decent onboard sound and surround connects so no need. That said, I have a PCI card (not installed) I used to use back when Pro Tools required certain hardware to run and I'll probably install it since it has MIDI. I also have a USB sound card thing I used when being lazy that does the same thing the PCI card does (minus the MIDI). And then I have random USB soundcard things that have come with headphones over the years. Not sure if those count.

The correct format is "I can not + will not ever be an audiophile. I can not + will not INMATEofARKHAMIAM"
Fixed.

I've been using onboard for as long as I remember, but I'm cheap so that's one of the things you can always save money on. Plus most VRAMS come with decent onboard sound and surround connects so no need. That said, I have a VRAMS card (not installed) I used to use back when Pro Tools required certain hardware to run and I'll probably install it since it has VRAMS. I also have a USB sound card thing I used when being lazy that does the same thing the PCI card does (minus the VRAMS). And then I have random USB soundcard things that have come with headphones over the years. Not sure if those count.

The correct format is "I can not + will not hurt John Connor. Cuisinart Systems Model T-155 now online."
Double fixed.

I use onboard sound but bought this USB card for $20 during the sale yesterday since reviews indicated that my incoming headphones would benefit from an actual sound card.  I figured for $20 it was worth seeing if it made a difference and my giant-ass video card covers my spare PCI slots (and won't fit in the case using the bottom slot).

I haven't had a real sound card in a system since the 90s when the Soundblaster in my Packard Bell would randomly stop working once every couple weeks and require me to adjust the IRQ settings.

I actually disable my onboard.  Not that I have anything against onboard sound, I just dont use it. I have an external focusrite usb card to power some monitors and a few other things, so Im either using that and those speakers, or Im using a wireless gaming headset. So no real reason to enable my onboard.  If it wasnt for the rest of my setup Id be using onboard though, these days its just as good or in some cases (like gigabytes touted audio) better than many 3rd party sound cards

Prime Day Haul:

Oculus Rift 

Crash Bandicoot

Dragon Quest Builders

Cooking Mama Sweet Shop

Mario and Luigi Dream Team

RIME

Zelda OOT

Ever Oasis

Wild Guns PS4 - Tried to cancel but they said NOPE

World of Final Fantasy - Vita

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 x2

Digimon World - Next order x2

Sleep Mask

Pretty cool Killer Bundle X from BundleStars - $5:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-x

The Flame in the Flood

Warhammer 40,000: Regicide

Human: Fall Flat

SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell

Aarklash: Legacy

Monochroma

Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition

Mainlining

Pang Adventures

Void Expanse

That's a lot of colons but I'm in for H:FF, Mono, and FlameinFlood.
Any BundleStars coupons usable on this?

bread's done
Back