Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Game of Thrones and Twin Peaks will be airing at the same time on Sundays starting tomorrow... Twin Peaks takes priority.
Knowing HBO, GoT will probably air again 500 times in the next 2 days.

EDIT:

Looking at the Guide here:

Looks like GoT Season Premiere airs tomorrow at 9pm, 10:02pm, and then 12am.

And Twin Peaks: The Return is on tomorrow night at 9pm, 12am and 2am on Showtime.

Last edited by a moderator:
But you're likely to see Twin Peaks when you watch GoT.

i3B3HIa.gif

Is this linking to some game called Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force for everyone else? Not sure if that's what everyone is excited about or if it changed to a different tittle. (With it saying crackerjack I was expecting something different.)

I use my ps4 controller as my steam controller and my damn dog chewed the analog sticks. Is there any way I can fix it?
Take your dog to the vet. They specialize in spay or neutering pets.

Fox, Bah, Shiro and myself got a squad chicken dinner tonight as well. Bah died early on to give the other squads a chance.
I got two chicken dinners tonight. First one was with you and that badass ending and second one Syntax and I were totally carried by Fiss Fiss and his friend who's like Rambo in PUBG.

Is this linking to some game called Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force for everyone else? Not sure if that's what everyone is excited about or if it changed to a different tittle. (With it saying crackerjack I was expecting something different.)
It seems indiegala is doing daily deals now and calling them "cracker jack deals". Yesterday it was the JRPG Megadimension Neptunia VII.

It seems indiegala is doing daily deals now and calling them "cracker jack deals". Yesterday it was the JRPG Megadimension Neptunia VII.
Yeah they're very similar to BundleStars "Star" deals. They're daily deals that usually have historically low prices. IG's first crackerjack deal was a repeat of the BS star deal (Neptunia VII). Fairy Fencer was and still is the same price on Amazon so the crackerjack deals have been lackluster so far. I picked up Neptunia VII anyway since I missed it when it was on BS.

I got two chicken dinners tonight. First one was with you and that badass ending and second one Syntax and I were totally carried by Fiss Fiss and his friend who's like Rambo in PUBG.
Here you go ;D (clip from last night)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqZJDyV4NAw

Amazon Digital Download Deals.

All items below are Steam keys.

Deus Ex: GOTY = $1.25:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0081IOPNG

Dungeon Siege Collection - DS1+2 & DS3+TotS DLC = $5.00:

https://www.amazon.com/Dungeon-Siege-Collection-Online-Game/dp/B071J4D22N/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1500209103&sr=1-3&keywords=dungeon+siege+download

Dungeon Siege 1 - $1.75:

https://www.amazon.com/Dungeon-Siege-Online-Game-Code/dp/B009R56HOM/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1500209162&sr=1-2&keywords=dungeon+siege+download

Dungeon Siege 2 - $1.75:

https://www.amazon.com/Dungeon-Siege-Online-Game-Code/dp/B009R56HP6/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1500209162&sr=1-4&keywords=dungeon+siege+download

NOTE: Dungeon Siege 1+2 on Steam do NOT come w/ their expansions.

On Steam, DS1 doesn't come w/ Legends or Aranna and DS2 doesn't come w/ Broken World officially. 

Okay my last update on the Razer Wildcat controller...  I got the grip/padding crap off but it took an hour just to get the bottom layer off and then I had to use quite a bit Goo be gone to get the residue off.

All in all...  I recommend leaving the optional grips off.

Yeah they're very similar to BundleStars "Star" deals. They're daily deals that usually have historically low prices. IG's first crackerjack deal was a repeat of the BS star deal (Neptunia VII). Fairy Fencer was and still is the same price on Amazon so the crackerjack deals have been lackluster so far. I picked up Neptunia VII anyway since I missed it when it was on BS.
Missed Neptunia... Again

So since the Steam sale ended I've played Salt and Sanctuary (and finished it!) and Rocksmith.  So what did I do yesterday?  Bought a wheel, shifter and a cockpit for a racing setup.  I'm so great with money.

Man, I'm playing Witcher 3 and so far it's one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. It's a fine game, but to me nowhere near the "OMG BEST RPG EVERZ" reviews it got. Feels like it's 70% cutscenes interspersed with horseback riding and mediocre combat. It's like an 8/10 for me. Granted, I'm still fairly early in the game (7-8 hours is a decent chunk of time, but in a game like the witcher it's only like 5% of the content), so maybe I'll get hooked, but right now I'm not enjoying it anymore than I did a game like Dragon Age Inquisition. 

Probably no chance of that. Vehicler Manslaughter makes everything more fun... (Except for the poor sap whose got to wait for the game to end before he can respawn.)
It was way worse than that. We landed in a great spot, by ourselves, everyone got super-geared up, and we jumped in the jeep to head to the safe zone. I drove us straight into the red zone and instead of driving out, I figured I could maneuver around the air strikes, but nope, airstrike straight on the jeep, killing us all.

Man, I'm playing Witcher 3 and so far it's one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. It's a fine game, but to me nowhere near the "OMG BEST RPG EVERZ" reviews it got. Feels like it's 70% cutscenes interspersed with horseback riding and mediocre combat. It's like an 8/10 for me. Granted, I'm still fairly early in the game (7-8 hours is a decent chunk of time, but in a game like the witcher it's only like 5% of the content), so maybe I'll get hooked, but right now I'm not enjoying it anymore than I did a game like Dragon Age Inquisition.
I call that being "Dark Knighted". It is where the overwhelming hype makes a game/movie inevitably a letdown.

Should've bought PUBG. Best RPG since Sonic Racing.

Man, I'm playing Witcher 3 and so far it's one of the most disappointing games I've ever played.
Hey, I found another guy who wasn't orgasmically in love with W3. We have a group that meets every other Wednesday in the basement of an abandoned warehouse. Move the lockers and knock six times on the "X". We can't risk the others knowing where we are.

I am really impressed with people who spend a whole match waiting the bushes, jump out to kill one person, then get 1st place.
Not sure if serious or sarcastic but someone who wins with one kill is, in my opinion, largely doing it right. No reason to fire your gun if you don't need to since you might well lose the firefight and will attract anyone else in the area. If you want to kill other people for sport or to rack up a K:D ratio then sure but you ultimately win by surviving, not by killing the most people.

If you actually are impressed by someone who can dodge the other ninety-nine people, move from zone to zone and last until the end to pop #2 in the head, then disregard the above.

/DISLIKE

Really? Does anyone ever play Witcher games for combat as the main ingredient? It just ain't in the league of Dark Souls, in terms of combat. If you want great combat, go back to Dark Souls series - even from me just playing Dark Souls 1 (And not DS2+3), I don't think combat can get much better than that actual style.

W3's combat is fine (with a gamepad - let's be honest, Witcher series ain't been KB-mouse friendly since W2), but it really ain't the main element of the game. It's one element of many in the game.

Most play Witcher games for story; character; choices + consequences; atmosphere; amazing graphics; and the amazing main + side quests.

EDIT:

A game like DAI can give one fatigue w/ open-world fantasy RPG's. Since DAI and over 150 hours with it and couldn't stop playing that game until finishing the main-quest, I just still for some reason can't seem to spend ridiculous hours w/ RPG's that are open-world set in either traditional fantasy or dark-fantasy games in a row. I think I might have open-world burnout (no pun intended) or long-winded game burnout, for now.

But, from the approx. 23 hours or so I've had w/ Witcher 3 - love that game. It's more or less became my Skyrim - that game I'll just pump 5 hours, 10 hours, or whatever my fill for now is here + there, when between other games I really want to invest in (which for some reason, seem often be shorter or in a different genre). W3 is that on-going game I'll probably be working on for quite some time, which I'm going to sink time into - since it's just huge as can be and has so much to do.

Most play Witcher games for story; character; choices + consequences; atmosphere; amazing graphics; and the amazing main + side quests.
...and tits. Mostly for tits.

A game like DAI can give one fatigue w/ open-world fantasy RPG's. Since DAI and over 150 hours with it and couldn't stop playing that game until finishing the main-quest, I just still for some reason can't seem to spend ridiculous hours w/ RPG's that are open-world set in either traditional fantasy or dark-fantasy games in a row. I think I might have open-world burnout (no pun intended) or long-winded game burnout, for now.
The main-quest aspect of DA:I can't take more than 20ish hours if that. Maybe double that if you're doing companion side quests, dragon hunting, etc. The only way you're hitting 150+ hours is if you're collecting every single shard, doing every single fetch quest, etc which you aren't really intended to do. You don't need that much Power and you don't need all the rewards, especially since the best gear comes from making it anyway. People who complained about the number of icons on the map and how time consuming it was to do them all are like someone bitching that it took too long for them to eat everything at the buffet so the restaurant sucks.

I loved DAI. But, after finishing it and doing so much content there - yeah, I've pretty much not been big on doing much open-world fantasy RPG's. Witcher 3 became my Skyrim, more or less - and is that game I am kicking around for hours here + there. 

Regardless, I'm also in "Shoot stuff" mode - and the Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour Trial seems to be doing that just fine, whether doing the SP-campaign or the Apex Missions for MP (i.e. ME:A's Horde Mode). I should play this one some more while iI'm under the Trial, as it's MUCH better than I certainly expected.

Green man gaming sent out some more vouchers that makes PUBG ~$22 not sure how great of a deal this is but I have no intent on redeeming it but it's tied to my account if anyone is interested in getting it for $22 pm me and I'll take PayPal and send you the steam key.

EDIT: TAKEN!

It was way worse than that. We landed in a great spot, by ourselves, everyone got super-geared up, and we jumped in the jeep to head to the safe zone. I drove us straight into the red zone and instead of driving out, I figured I could maneuver around the air strikes, but nope, airstrike straight on the jeep, killing us all.
Ah, the whole triple murder suicide, huh? Yeah, I suspect no is going to let you navigate anytime soon. lol

I got one of those GMG vouchers... I might have to buy.

Leftover bundle trash

Bedfellows FRENZYSteam9000H-H3ZAH-DMHYT

Dark Angels - Masquerade of ShadowsSteam97EN5-DCHXT-J3LZN

Sweet fantasySteam97CQR-GLLF3-TWMBZ

Good ArcherSteam9CC3C-QKRPC-FQIGW

/DISLIKE

Really? Does anyone ever play Witcher games for combat as the main ingredient? It just ain't in the league of Dark Souls, in terms of combat. If you want great combat, go back to Dark Souls series - even from me just playing Dark Souls 1 (And not DS2+3), I don't think combat can get much better than that actual style.

W3's combat is fine (with a gamepad - let's be honest, Witcher series ain't been KB-mouse friendly since W2), but it really ain't the main element of the game. It's one element of many in the game.

EDIT:

But, from the approx. 23 hours or so I've had w/ Witcher 3 - love that game. It's more or less became my Skyrim - that game I'll just pump 5 hours, 10 hours, or whatever my fill for now is here + there, when between other games I really want to invest in (which for some reason, seem often be shorter or in a different genre). W3 is that on-going game I'll probably be working on for quite some time, which I'm going to sink time into - since it's just huge as can be and has so much to do.
Combat in dark souls is trash. It's purposefully clunky to make the game "hard." It's not a nuanced system that you have to master, it's a clunky system that you manage to overcome. Of course, saying anything derogatory about dark souls is met with the standard derp reply of git gud.

I finally sat down last year and made myself play TW3 while I had a few days off. Once the game clicks, you start to realize the beauty in that game. One of the rare games that continues to get better the more you play. BotW is also that way.

Anyway I can understand not wanting the time sink. I can't get into persona 5 for the same reason. Combat doesn't do much for me and considering it's about 80% high school sim, it's not for me, at least in TW3 I could do things on the side at my own pace

Combat in dark souls is trash. It's purposefully clunky to make the game "hard." It's not a nuanced system that you have to master, it's a clunky system that you manage to overcome. Of course, saying anything derogatory about dark souls is met with the standard derp reply of git gud.
Git Gud. But really...it's not clunky at all.

You need only kill one for a chicken dinner. You just gotta learn to hide properly and also be lucky. I got in the top 4, my personal best and only killed like 2 people.
I've played only 6 or 7 games so far but this is a breakdown of how they always seems to go:

• wait until most of the others have bailed from the plane
  • aim for a smallish cluster of buildings and arm up the best I can
  • look at the map and find out I'm way out of the safe zone circle (this happens waaaaayyy too often)
  • die, either from red zone shit or other players, trying to make it to the safe zone

because most people don't find it clunky
I've never found Dark Souls clunky w/ a gamepad.

I love that most items, equipment, etc have their own feel + weight to them. And that you carry for items weight-wise in Inventory factors in. Everything matters.

Everything about the game feels so ultra-precise. When the game isn't playing unfair at times w/ trial + error instances (i.e. throwing things at you from out of nowhere); usually if you die, it is your fault - bad timing, playing too aggressive, not blocking, missing a parry, etc etc.

I just...suck at the game, w/ learning the patterns + playing too many modern games that just ain't this difficult.

Die, either from red zone shit or other players, trying to make it to the safe zone
The only time I have gotten hit by the red zone I was actually inside a building, just my luck.

Also if you get a chance do some duo/squad games. There are little things that will make some of those problems go away. When I first started out I did some running simulator and died outside the zone a few times and it sucked. Once you get the hang of things it becomes a non issue, I think the only times I've died outside the zone for a long time now is because of being in a firefight towards the end.

Oh and the people that can't make the circle once it gets fairly small and shoot and down you while they're outside and are just going to die in the blue anyway can go to hell. So aggravating.

I've never found Dark Souls clunky w/ a gamepad.

I love that most items, equipment, etc have their own feel + weight to them. And that you carry for items weight-wise in Inventory factors in. Everything matters.

Everything about the game feels so ultra-precise. When the game isn't playing unfair at times w/ trial + error instances (i.e. throwing things at you from out of nowhere); usually if you die, it is your fault - bad timing, playing too aggressive, not blocking, missing a parry, etc etc.

I just...suck at the game, w/ learning the patterns + playing too many modern games that just ain't this difficult.
Yeah, DS isn't for everybody and it's relatively slow and deliberate, but I wouldn't call it clunky. The movesets of all the different weapons add a ton of replay value to the game, too

I won't say 'git gud' (although I should); but Dark Souls combat is not what I'd call clunky. Does it require timing? Yes. Best combat in a third-person action game I've played in years... probably a decade if we're going by the year a game was released. As the others have said the weapon variety and different attack moves make for a fairly deep melee combat experience. I was put off of it at first but on a second go I was hooked. I'd urge you to give it another chance unless you've already sunk a decent amount of time into it and didn't genuinely like it.

Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4

Green man gaming sent out some more vouchers that makes PUBG ~$22 not sure how great of a deal this is but I have no intent on redeeming it but it's tied to my account if anyone is interested in getting it for $22 pm me and I'll take PayPal and send you the steam key.

EDIT: TAKEN!
On an unrelated note, my birthday is tomorrow.

Hint hint

Gmg never sends me vouchers. :(

bread's done
Back