Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Ass Creed is adding a new (free) mode to the new game coming out soon.  Its called "Discovery Mode" and is basically an interactive/educational type of thing that allows you to explore the game world but from a historical perspective so there's basically no game play beyond walking around and looking at shit/reading. Its something they probably should've been doing for years, as really since the beginning the one area the Ass Creed games have delivered on is the worlds they take place in. The gameplay/story/AI etc. can be argued for or against in literally every title, but I'm regularly impressed with Ubi's work in respect to open worlds they create.

rfw8msusiavzimixo8yj.png

Its just a straight up football game, in the vein of the arcadey style like nfl blitz, nba jam, nhl hitz, etc. Crazy monster teams, can sometimes get special sneaky perks and stuff.

For me its complete nostalgia since I loved the hell out of the mutant league games as a kid, and from the reviews it captures it perfectly. The creator of the original games is also lead producer and designer of this one, so that probably helps

Last edited by a moderator:
HyperX Cloud II, I have like 2 years with them, they're still in pretty good shape but now I want to get the Revolver S ones, but since they're still good I have no reason to change.

I've got 4 2 keys for that Gearbox's Project 1v1 game, you can quote this message and I'll PM you a steam key, just remember that you can't take screenshots or stream the game.

HyperX Cloud II, I have like 2 years with them, they're still in pretty good shape but now I want to get the Revolver S ones, but since they're still good I have no reason to change.

I've got 4 keys for that Gearbox's Project 1v1 game, you can quote this message and I'll PM you a steam key, just remember that you can't take screenshots or stream the game.
hit me

Project 1v1 closed tech test codes. I'm not discriminating who gets these because the game is trash. Lurkers, you're welcome.

5FKBJ-BWXK3-FXKCST
565TB-WKR5J-XFKCHB
5FWTJ-FW65J-RXKWST
WFKTJ-9KFCB-6RKWWH
W6WJ3-JF6K3-R6W5ZJ

EDIT: Apparently you have to "opt in" to their NDA. Sign up for an account here
https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/home

Now that we know what everyone's using for a KB+M, what about headsets or headphone/mic combo?
SeasonalCAG Headphone Collaborator:

Thought I could go back to stalking then you had to bring up another one of my muses...

Here are the headphones/headsets I currently have:
AIAIAI TMA-2 (main pc headphones)
Astro A50 (main console headphones)
Denon AH-D2000 (need to buy a new headband were the main ones)
Beats by Dre Studio First Gen (got these when they first came out and not as bad as everyone says but dont use much anymore)
Jaybird Bluebuds X (workout/yardwork go to)
Harman Kardon AE-S (retired after getting jaybirds)
SteelSeries Guild Wars 2 Headset (they were cheap but a little small for my ears but sound/mic is good enough)
Zalman Zm-Mic1 (use with headphones if I want to talk to people in games so not used much but great mic)
Jaybird Bluebuds X got retired after getting the Jaybird X2 for $35 on clearance from Walmart. Need to add a pair of open back headphones like Fox mentioned or some Planar Magnetic ones to round out the collection one day.

Well played 2 games of MFL. It is very reminiscent of MLF, sort of hoping they speed it up a bit though to match more recent arcade sports games.  First game I had my ass handed to me. Second game I was up by 14, killed all of the other team's receivers so all they could do was pass, returned a punt and during that they killed my last guard so I lost by forfeit.

10/10 would mutant again? you're supposed to say stupid shit like that right?

The games in a really good state, there's a reason they say they aim to release it in a month. It does need balancing to alot of the teams/players, but they have stated on the forums that's really their goal for early access is just balancing and final tweaks. Runs great, graphics look great, I had left vsync on but it was pegged at 144 on my 1080, so probably runs well on most systems

Also it does have settable quarters, the standard being 3min, so for those of us not big on sports games its still a pick up n play game that you can knock out in 15min/game

You can also turn on resurrection, presumably so you dont end up in the same scenario as me with a massacre on the field taking out half of both teams so someone being bound to forfeit. I cant really imagine playing 15min quarters in this game without that, some team would forfeit before half time

I too am in the Project 1v1 test. Here are some codes and the link on where to redeem.

565BT-9XHX9-RJ3FR9
565T3-J9HXZ-XB3X9C
5FWJ3-C9S6H-6BJRXJ
WXKJT-FHHRZ-FBTXH3
WRCJT-SHHF9-RBTRBS

• Give one of the codes above to a friend and send them to the Project 1v1 Opt-In Page
  • Enter the Invitation Code in the field and press "Redeem"
  • After agreeing to the NDA, they'll be given a Steam Key along with redemption instructions

but also maybe don't.

Picked up RUINER. Love it after only playing the prologue and looking forward to play more. Great music, great visuals.

The only way I can even begin to describe it is its Blade Runner meets Hotline Miami. It's a little more forgiving than HM in that its not one hit and you're dead, but its got some similar aspects in the fast paced style and the control scheme is almost exactly the same bar the different powers that the main guy in RUINER has. There's a lot of different powers to upgrade/acquire and a shit ton of weapons. Could see this one being this year's Enter The Gungeon in the respect that its praised by many. Ran beautifully and I'm already wanting the soundtrack. Its made by a few guys who worked with CDPR on Witcher 3, so there's definite talent behind it. 

2daf7va.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmEuhUcLdh0

I think the people at Tremor are silly.

They put up the Artifex Mundi indie gala games recently.  But their coin values are all over the place.

Emerald Maiden, bundled 3 times, 195

Enigmatis 3, bundled 3 times, 149

Faces of Illusion, bundled 1 time, 299

Secret Order 5, NEWLY BUNDLE, 99 coins

Ghost Files, NEWLY BUNDLED, 99 coins

Queen's Quest 3, NEWLY BUNDLED, 99 coins

Last night the Bros played Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade and it was awful.  I guess it was okay in a technical sense but it just wasn't any fun at all.  Plus it's all microtransactions so you couldn't do basic stuff like friggin' jump unless you had bought the guy/ability to jump.  I mean, really? Like Crossout, it's just not any fun to step into a game with your freebie guy and get turned into fine pink spray every forty seconds by the people dressed up in $40 worth of equipment and abilities.  And it's another 3rd person squad cap-the-point game which is exactly what the world needs more of. After less than twenty minutes, we threw in the towel.

Tonight is some terrible looking game called Noob Squad which I fortunately don't own and will be spared from the ten minutes people spend "playing" and bitching about it.  Tomorrow we're likely doing the CoD: WWII beta because BF1 can go pound walnuts for a week.

Poor Fox takes the heat for scheduling these games but he's just trying to keep us busy.  Nothing's stopping you (yes, you) from scheduling stuff that's better than Eternal Crusade or Noob Squad.  Why not give it a shot and show Fox how it's done?

Skyrim Special Edition is getting it's creation club next week. Right now you can opt into the beta on Steam if you wish and get the first PAID MOD free. Survival mode which will be 800 creation club PAID MOD fun bux is available for free right now and will be for one week after it comes out of beta. It works in a similar way to what you would expect if you played Fallout New Vegas or 4.  

Oddly enough I just finished off all achievements on original Skyrim and started playing Special Edition a couple days ago.

Anyway link to the announcement.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/489830/announcements/detail/1482105700860209717

Last edited:
Skyrim Special Edition is getting it's creation club next week. Right now you can opt into the beta on Steam if you wish and get the first PAID MOD free. Survival mode which will be 800 creation club PAID MOD fun bux is available for free right now and will be for one week after it comes out of beta. It works in a similar way to what you would expect if you played Fallout New Vegas or 4.

Oddly enough I just finished off all achievements on original Skyrim and started playing Special Edition a couple days ago.

Anyway link to the announcement.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/489830/announcements/detail/1482105700860209717
I read one article that said it wasn't clear if the survival mod would be free just for one week and then you'd have to pay to use it after a week.

I read one article that said it wasn't clear if the survival mod would be free just for one week and then you'd have to pay to use it after a week.
They have been giving away some free creation club content for Fallout 4, likely a response to the negative press surrounding PAID MODS. Those PAID MODS are still available to those that downloaded them within the free period. I'm assuming this one is an attempt to soften the blow they know is coming by CHARGING $8 for a feature that was added to Fallout 4 for FREE.

They have been giving away some free creation club content for Fallout 4, likely a response to the negative press surrounding PAID MODS. Those PAID MODS are still available to those that downloaded them within the free period. I'm assuming this one is an attempt to soften the blow they know is coming by CHARGING $8 for a feature that was added to Fallout 4 for FREE.
Good to hear. TBH the article I read sounded kind of clueless, even though it was either PCGamer or Kotaku, but I also wouldn't put it past Bethesda to do something like that.

Good to hear. TBH the article I read sounded kind of clueless, even though it was either PCGamer or Kotaku, but I also wouldn't put it past Bethesda to do something like that.
Well when I got it showed the same kind of discount message as all the other items that were free on Fallout 4.

Someone took a screenshot of the discount page here.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1149774533

People also seem to be quite pissed that this PAID MOD is just a copy paste of Frostfall only shitty.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/671/?

Last edited:
Last night the Bros played Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade and it was awful. I guess it was okay in a technical sense but it just wasn't any fun at all. Plus it's all microtransactions so you couldn't do basic stuff like friggin' jump unless you had bought the guy/ability to jump. I mean, really? Like Crossout, it's just not any fun to step into a game with your freebie guy and get turned into fine pink spray every forty seconds by the people dressed up in $40 worth of equipment and abilities. And it's another 3rd person squad cap-the-point game which is exactly what the world needs more of. After less than twenty minutes, we threw in the towel.

Tonight is some terrible looking game called Noob Squad which I fortunately don't own and will be spared from the ten minutes people spend "playing" and bitching about it. Tomorrow we're likely doing the CoD: WWII beta because BF1 can go pound walnuts for a week.

Poor Fox takes the heat for scheduling these games but he's just trying to keep us busy. Nothing's stopping you (yes, you) from scheduling stuff that's better than Eternal Crusade or Noob Squad. Why not give it a shot and show Fox how it's done?
The game wasn't that bad. I mean what do ppl expect from f2p. I would've kept playing, especially since bronights is mainly about shitty games anyway.

The game wasn't that bad. I mean what do ppl expect from f2p.
If you want to play a F2P third person cap-the-point game, there's always the infinitely better Team Fortress 2.

I don't know if Eternal Crusade was "bad", it just wasn't any good. Movement was plodding and limited and the weapons felt weak (and worse when you had pros killing you). Nothing felt distinctive or interesting about it.

The game wasn't that bad. I mean what do ppl expect from f2p. I would've kept playing, especially since bronights is mainly about shitty games anyway.
I didn't mind it that much either, but the PvE version we played was pretty brutal. I think we all died within 5 minutes against the lizard things. Don't know if you're supposed to level up in the PvP before doing the PvE or what. I found the aiming to be a little weird with the guns, but otherwise, I thought the game looked nice and probably would have played it a little more as well. We've played way worse.

The problem with bro-nights post-PUBG is that if the game isn't very good, people don't have any patience and just want to go to PUBG.  And I'm not complaining.  Before PUBG, we'd stick to games mainly because what else were we going to do?  Sit there for an hour trying to find a game everyone has and deciding which one we wanted to play.  Now, everyone is ready to PUBG so if a game sucks it's like, why keep wasting time when there's a game everyone loves.  I think in a weird way, PUBG has also gotten us playing other games a lot more than we used to (KF2, Rainbow Six Siege) so, like I said, I'm not complaining, I have 180 hours in PUBG and can see myself getting 1000 if I don't die first, but I think that's why we're much quicker to dump something nowadays whereas before we'd spend like an hour playing King Arthur's Gold even though it sucked from the jump. 

Yeah; before, if a game bombed, it was often an hour long process of people reading through their library and getting responses of "Nah", "I don't have that", "That game sucked", "That's only 4-player and we have six", etc.  Now it's more likely "Screw it, let's play PUBG".

For the record, I thought Mirage was a better game than Eternal Crusade although everyone else thought it was terrible.  I'm not really defending Mirage -- as I said at the time, it was another game trying to fill a void that didn't actually exist and brought little new to the table -- but pointing out that opinions differ.  On any given day I'd rather play more Mirage than more Eternal Crusade though.

and only ps4 and xbone, no word on pc
Of course not. They're going to pretend PC doesn't exist until a year or so after RDR2 comes out, and then they'll announce a PC version so they can get people to double dip. It's what they did with GTAV so I'm sure they're gonna do the same for RDR2.

Yeah; before, if a game bombed, it was often an hour long process of people reading through their library and getting responses of "Nah", "I don't have that", "That game sucked", "That's only 4-player and we have six", etc. Now it's more likely "Screw it, let's play PUBG".

For the record, I thought Mirage was a better game than Eternal Crusade although everyone else thought it was terrible. I'm not really defending Mirage -- as I said at the time, it was another game trying to fill a void that didn't actually exist and brought little new to the table -- but pointing out that opinions differ. On any given day I'd rather play more Mirage than more Eternal Crusade though.
I actually thought Mirage wasn't as bad as people said. If it wasn't for the game freezing on me so often I would have pushed to play a few more rounds. I thought some of the abilities/weapons were neat and wouldn't have minded exploring some of the different classes.

Newegg.com has 34" LG 34UM59-P 2560x1080 UltraWide FreeSync IPS Monitor for $299.99 - $20 w/ promo code AFEMRKCG62 - $30 Rebate = $249.99. Shipping is free. 

Mirage wasn't bad in the King Arthur's Gold or SurvHive sense, it was just generic. And the biggest issue with games like that is that they're not worth the time. We could play them longer but unless everyone is up for it, why bother? On the other hand we have games like Verdun, which are good and unique and we don't play often but generally enjoy when we play them. Same with things like Golf With Your Friends. Finding those games is hard in a general sense, since too many will not own a title and we have to play through the bad ones to find them.

Games like last night are a different story. F2P in general is not the worst thing in the world (TF2 is legitimately great), but freemium games where you have to grind for 3 years to have a competent character unless you spend money just don't make a lot of sense for a bronight since we pretty much stand no chance of actually being competitive. Instead we're cannon fodder for the nerds that live in those particular game.

I do like trying out games I've never played or never would play otherwise and that's probably my favorite reason for bronights, but the freemium games can pound sand.

BRO ALERT: BF1 FRIDAY is officially cancelled tomorrow night to play the Call Of Duty WWII Beta. You should download that ASAP if you've got to deal with speed issues as its 20 GB.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/696790/Call_of_Duty_WWII__PC_Open_Beta/

Of course not. They're going to pretend PC doesn't exist until a year or so after RDR2 comes out, and then they'll announce a PC version so they can get people to double dip. It's what they did with GTAV so I'm sure they're gonna do the same for RDR2.
It was worse for GTA V.

Many triple dipped because PS3/360 > PS4/XBONE > PC

Mirage wasn't bad in the King Arthur's Gold or SurvHive sense, it was just generic. And the biggest issue with games like that is that they're not worth the time. We could play them longer but unless everyone is up for it, why bother? On the other hand we have games like Verdun, which are good and unique and we don't play often but generally enjoy when we play them. Same with things like Golf With Your Friends. Finding those games is hard in a general sense, since too many will not own a title and we have to play through the bad ones to find them.

Games like last night are a different story. F2P in general is not the worst thing in the world (TF2 is legitimately great), but freemium games where you have to grind for 3 years to have a competent character unless you spend money just don't make a lot of sense for a bronight since we pretty much stand no chance of actually being competitive. Instead we're cannon fodder for the nerds that live in those particular game.

I do like trying out games I've never played or never would play otherwise and that's probably my favorite reason for bronights, but the freemium games can pound sand.

BRO ALERT: BF1 FRIDAY is officially cancelled tomorrow night to play the Call Of Duty WWII Beta. You should download that ASAP if you've got to deal with speed issues as its 20 GB.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/696790/Call_of_Duty_WWII__PC_Open_Beta/
Suvrhive is the worst ive bro'ed. I missed all that is king aurthors gold, we should reschedule that. I dont have any free tacos friday, Ive already dl COD.

The war hammer game was just janky. Looked good enough but everything about it was just off. The stupid lack of jumping lame. Mirage is waaaaay better than that tripe. Like most nearly dead games though, it goes downhill fast when some loser random who wasted all their time on a dead game pops a boner when he finds someone playing and proceeds to wipe the floor with noobs.

bread's done
Back