Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Newegg.com has 34" LG 34UM59-P 2560x1080 UltraWide FreeSync IPS Monitor for $299.99 - $20 w/ promo code AFEMRKCG62 - $30 Rebate = $249.99. Shipping is free.
Monitor looks great - thanks for posting. Unfortunately, since nothing is wrong with my current monitor, there is no way the wife lets me buy a new one.

Edit - how well does Freesync work these days? I know it was kind of iffy when it first came out. I have an AMD card, so it would be nice to have the Freesync option. This said, I'd likely go Nvidia for my next card (whenever that may be), so better not to get locked in to a monitor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monitor looks great - thanks for posting. Unfortunately, since nothing is wrong with my current monitor, there is no way the wife lets me buy a new one.

Edit - how well does Freesync work these days? I know it was kind of iffy when it first came out. I have an AMD card, so it would be nice to have the Freesync option. This said, I'd likely go Nvidia for my next card (whenever that may be), so better not to get locked in to a monitor.
Look at the actual specs on it though. Im not sure I would really call it a gaming monitor with 14ms response time and it only does 60hz, or 75 with freesync enabled. So it cant even hit 120/144

We could try again to play that TF2 Prop Hunt gamemode, maybe someone can host it so we can avoid playing with pros, also I suggest Trouble in Terrorist Town AKA TTT or Deathrun, it would be very cool to play them with the bros.

TTT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5l3iUIvxdE

Deathrun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhySQQNp0gY

We could try hosting it, I don't offer myself because I would give everyone a kinda bad ping and my upload speed is too low.
Yeah, I've looked into it and while it's not impossible, it is more complicated than just hosting in game. I'll try it one day though, Prop Hunt was fun before the pros showed up.

Look at the actual specs on it though. Im not sure I would really call it a gaming monitor with 14ms response time and it only does 60hz, or 75 with freesync enabled. So it cant even hit 120/144
I thought I saw a 5 ms response time. It's IPS, not TN, and 60/75 is par for the course on IPS panels. Do they have 120 or 144 IPS panels? I prefer the image on a nice IPS panel to a TN.

Local Target has the Logitech g403 mouse on clearance for $21. YMMV
None near me :(.

I thought I saw a 5 ms response time. It's IPS, not TN, and 60/75 is par for the course on IPS panels. Do they have 120 or 144 IPS panels? I prefer the image on a nice IPS panel to a TN.
It's 14 MS or 5 G2G which I honestly don't know what it means. I think unless you do competitive F2P or twitch shooters you should generlly be okay.

Quick, someone link Brickseek, aka The Portal Of Lost Hope & Wasted Gas
I found the brickseek for this and the razer RGB mousepad on SD. None in my area.

Quick, someone link Brickseek, aka The Portal Of Lost Hope & Wasted Gas
AKA "our employees snaked all the good deals" seek

At least brickseek is better than deal newbies phoning the store and alerting everyone to a deal. At least with brickseek you have a shot a certain store hasnt gotten the heads up.

Apparently there's two at one of my local Targets.  I don't think I'll have a chance to make it out there though.  Sucks because I was just in that area last night.

My review of the CoD WW2 beta:You run around with a shotgun and win

That's the entire game, the most powerful weapon is the shotgun

Isn't worth wasting time on unless you have a love hate relationship with the CoD series.

Local Target has the Logitech g403 mouse on clearance for $21. YMMV
Is this suppose to be a decent mouse? I hate using my mmo mouse for fps gaming right now

AKA "our employees snaked all the good deals" seek

At least brickseek is better than deal newbies phoning the store and alerting everyone to a deal. At least with brickseek you have a shot a certain store hasnt gotten the heads up.
fTYt7Na.gif

FYI, the Shadow of War NVIDIA coupons have hit the wild. There's a seller on Ebay with them for just under $30 USD (24.99 Euros) but they're the SEA versions of the coupons. This is normally not an issue as you can use a VPN to activate them via GeForce, but the game itself is locked as the coupon activates a version from that particular region. This is the first Steam game to be available under the new GeForce Experience redemption, so not a surprise given Steam's penchant for locking anything and everything.

If you're aiming for one of these make sure you get a NA version or whatever weird region you may live in. I imagine this could keep the prices high on them, whereas the market being set at $25 would be a good indicator of sub $20 sooner than later.

Is this suppose to be a decent mouse? I hate using my mmo mouse for fps gaming right now
The g403 is fine. Programmable dpi levels, same sensor more expensive Logitech mice use. The ones I saw at Target were all wired, so they might feel a little lightweight.

We could try again to play that TF2 Prop Hunt gamemode, maybe someone can host it so we can avoid playing with pros, also I suggest Trouble in Terrorist Town AKA TTT or Deathrun, it would be very cool to play them with the bros.
We're a few weeks away from the TF2 Halloween Event. We could try doing some Merasmus or Eyeclops stuff.

I definitely want to do some Halloween events this year.  KF2 is having one as well.  Also, Tomasety pointed out that Toxxic has a F2P component to it as well.  Might try that in October as well.  

Edit:

Speaking of KF2, they just announced they are bringing back an old six shot rocket launcher for demo from the original KF and a new gun called the Hemogoblin for the medic class.  New gun sounds crazy enough to make me want to level up a medic.  

Double Edit:

Here is the description:

The latest out of the Horzine R&D labs is something the teams in the field are calling a “Hemogoblin.” This seven round contraption fires a projectile that literally “bleeds” what it hits, burrowing in and ejecting blood, or whatever passes for it in a ZED, out of the creature. This causes the target to quickly bleed to death. Such a horrific process of course comes with additional side effects for larger Zeds, making those creatures more susceptible to other types of damage and incapacitations - including slowing them and their attacks down and making them easier to stumble and knock down. Designed for team Medics, it also has the accompanying healing darts.

I never play medic in KF2 because I suck at aiming at people to heal them, meanwhile if I'm a support I just need to get in close range and fire the good ol' boomstick.

I think I have asked about this before but what the heck.
Is the black desert online travelers/ expansion packs worth the extra cash or does the game get boring quick my main draw is their character creator

Go get it! G403 is a steal at $21.

I really like my (wired) G600 MMO mouse as it is very responsive and moves well - but yeah, at times, those 12 buttons on the left side can be a bit much. You could always have multiple buttons on the side do the same thing, if you have issues w/ accidentally hitting 2 buttons at once. The mouse does feel big & has a hell of a learning curve to learn how to use and adjust to, so there's that too. I got used to the side of the mouse, but always kind of fumbled around a bit w/ the side buttons.

I recently got the (wired) G403 and I'm digging it. Feels great, plays great & responsive as can be. It doesn't feel too big nor cumbersome, unlike the G600. I'm used to using 6-button mice anyways - and I think I like this better than my WoW Legendary (since extra buttons don't work on Non-WoW games) and feels better than my Rosewill Jet Gaming Mouse. Also, Logitech stuff has great software; I'll get to that.

Make sure you go download the Logitech Gaming Software, if you buy any Logitech gaming stuff (i.e. keyboards and mice). LGS is for all their gaming stuff (keyboards and mice) and it's awesome; make sure you download that. You can change the backlighting on your peripherals to do all kinds of stuff, set-up profiles for every single game differently, change the DPI, and all kinds of other cool stuff.

Is the black desert online travelers/ expansion packs worth the extra cash or does the game get boring quick my main draw is their character creator
Any CAGs have a spare free trial for this man?

The character creator is great but once you get in game, it's a fairly typical MMO. If you're into that, you'll probably have a good time. FWIW, Syntax put in a good 100+ hours into it after buying it on sale, and I don't really see him play other MMOs.

If you just want to create a pretty girl, I think the trial/$9.99 tier will satisfy your desire.

Is the black desert online travelers/ expansion packs worth the extra cash
I wouldn't bother. I'd just play the base game for a while and decide if you're into it enough after 40-50 levels on a couple characters to warrant paying for the Value Pack and get the extra cosmetic options.

FWIW, Syntax put in a good 100+ hours into it after buying it on sale, and I don't really see him play other MMOs.
620 to date. But, to be fair, like 90% of that is probably AFK grinding which the game very much encourages.

You can get a free trial off their website although there's no way to convert it into a Steam version if that's important to you. But you can make a throw-away account (Don't use any names you'll want to re-use) and test the game out.

The g403 is fine. Programmable dpi levels, same sensor more expensive Logitech mice use. The ones I saw at Target were all wired, so they might feel a little lightweight.
G403 also comes w/ a 10 gram weight, that you can put within the mouse. There's a piece on the bottom you can click-out and toss the weight in (or take it out if you want to stay light).

Me, I left the weight out. I like it better that way.

I definitely want to do some Halloween events this year. KF2 is having one as well. Also, Tomasety pointed out that Toxxic has a F2P component to it as well. Might try that in October as well.

Edit:

Speaking of KF2, they just announced they are bringing back an old six shot rocket launcher for demo from the original KF and a new gun called the Hemogoblin for the medic class. New gun sounds crazy enough to make me want to level up a medic.

Double Edit:

Here is the description:

The latest out of the Horzine R&D labs is something the teams in the field are calling a “Hemogoblin.” This seven round contraption fires a projectile that literally “bleeds” what it hits, burrowing in and ejecting blood, or whatever passes for it in a ZED, out of the creature. This causes the target to quickly bleed to death. Such a horrific process of course comes with additional side effects for larger Zeds, making those creatures more susceptible to other types of damage and incapacitations - including slowing them and their attacks down and making them easier to stumble and knock down. Designed for team Medics, it also has the accompanying healing darts.
I don't remember no six shot rocket launcher, but a six shot grenade launcher

ICS-190-1L.jpg

Unless they mean the seeker six, but that is not classic KF. What can I say I am an old curmudgeon.

G403 also comes w/ a 10 gram weight, that you can put within the mouse. There's a piece on the bottom you can click-out and toss the weight in (or take it out if you want to stay light).

Me, I left the weight out. I like it better that way.
Back in my FPS days, that weight was awesomesauce though. Especially for sniping. Made the thing just glide and BAM! Dead person in Battlefield (2142?). Nowadays, people just use programs to do the same thing... shame

Thank you to Indef for posting about the deal on G403 and to MysterD for the review.  Unforunately, none in my area.  I recently bought G602 for about $35 and will try to out when I receive it.  Still, a good logitech for $21 is a great deal. (too bad could not order online for store pick up or ship)  Perhaps, best buy will close out the G403 as well.  I think Logitech came out with G703, looks nice.

PUBG devs have abandoned the Steam forums.

After a lengthy discussion we have decided that we will no-longer be actively attending to the PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS Steam Community forums.

There are multiple reasons for this but the decision ultimately comes down to the fact that we are unable to work efficiently due to the moderation systems, or lack thereof, put in place by Steam.

As our game has grown in popularity we have found that the amount of spam, rage posts, and other content that needs to be moderated, has increased to the point where we are unable to do so without full moderation tools found on every other forum platform.

We encourage you all to come to our Official Forums where all our Steam Moderators and Community Team will now be focusing their attention.

Thank you to Indef for posting about the deal on G403 and to MysterD for the review. Unforunately, none in my area. I recently bought G602 for about $35 and will try to out when I receive it. Still, a good logitech for $21 is a great deal. (too bad could not order online for store pick up or ship) Perhaps, best buy will close out the G403 as well. I think Logitech came out with G703, looks nice.
The G602 is great but I did have some dropout issues when i had the receiver plugged into my PC directly. I plugged it into my backup HD that sits on my desk and it's been flawless since. There must have been some interference going on.

PUBG devs have abandoned the Steam forums.
I don't blame them. SPUD is barely better than the youtube comment section in terms of serious discussion. It's mindblowing how many threads almost instantly devolve into idiotic arguments or brainless trolling.

I don't blame them. SPUD is barely better than the youtube comment section in terms of serious discussion. It's mindblowing how many threads almost instantly devolve into idiotic arguments or brainless trolling.
Nope. Its impossible to blame them.

The amount of braindead fucking morons that perpetuate Steam forums especially on popular games is literally painful to read at times. I can't imagine having to moderate or deal with that.

The Tale of Miguel:

Miguel was was a happy boy.  He preordered a game months in advance and laughed at all the other preorder deals as insignificant compared to the deal he found.  He waited very patiently as other preorder deals came and went and came and went and although some came close, none could match the grandeur of the one he had found.  Soon the day of rejoicing is a day away and what is this? an email from the website that likely contains his code!  Alas, it was not to be as it turns out all the keys were for a different region and Miguel is left with his refunded money, a $6 voucher, and no more good preorder deals to jump on.  Miguel is down but not out, "I'll just get the next best deal!" he thinks and so he starts to peruse the internet.  Hmm, hrkgame has the next best deal on a global region free key, but he knows this site is not to be trusted.  Miguel is foolish, and after just getting burned and having to spend $15 over what he orignally preordered for he just wants the next cheapest thing so he takes the plunge into hrk.  He pays and instantly receives his code.  "Finally!!!" he thinks as he enters it into steam but to his dismay it comes back as an incorrect region.  So he goes to hrk support and is told ' Sorry about that, but we cannot refund your money since you have seen the code unless we can sell that code to someone else'.  Many hours go by and support is nowhere to be found.

Miguel is distraught, Miguel is pissed, Miguel is stupid.  Don't be like Miguel.

Miguel is down but not out, "I'll just get the next best deal!" he thinks and so he starts to peruse the internet. Hmm, hrkgame has the next best deal on a global region free key, but he knows this site is not to be trusted.
If they advertised region free, the onus is on them.

I would be sending a message that points this out to them and a threat that if they don't refund you or send you an actual region free key, that you'll be contesting the charges and posting negative reviews anywhere and everywhere you can. Paypal would definitely refund you, you can always do a chargeback if its with a CC.

If they advertised region free, the onus is on them.

I would be sending a message that points this out to them and a threat that if they don't refund you or send you an actual region free key, that you'll be contesting the charges and posting negative reviews anywhere and everywhere you can. Paypal would definitely refund you, you can always do a chargeback if its with a CC.
Haha that is exactly what I did and filed the PayPal escalation tonight since they won't respond back to me since yesterday. I should've known better.

Oh, me neither. Between the trolling, the Chinese spam and just general garbage threads the forum is pretty much unusable.

Oh, me neither. Between the trolling, the Chinese spam and just general garbage threads the forum is pretty much unusable.
Ye, I agree with you all. Nobody can blame devs for doing that. Maybe, as per usual, this little issue drews Valve attention and they can finally take actions on the matter. I've heard lots of devs complaints about the lack of moderation tools on steam forums.

FYI, the Shadow of War NVIDIA coupons have hit the wild. There's a seller with them but they're the SEA versions of the coupons. This is normally not an issue as you can use a VPN to activate them via GeForce, but the game itself is locked as the coupon activates a version from that particular region. This is the first Steam game to be available under the new GeForce Experience redemption, so not a surprise given Steam's penchant for locking anything and everything.

If you're aiming for one of these make sure you get a NA version or whatever weird region you may live in. I imagine this could keep the prices high on them, whereas the market being set at $25 would be a good indicator of sub $20 sooner than later.
Ok this information is wrong.

The NVidia Shadow of War coupons DO WORK in the US if you VPN correctly. My guess is the seller didn't know what he was talking about or was just trying to protect his ass in case the game didn't redeem which is understandable. A trader in Vietnam I've dealt with before for these things and I were talking this morning as I was curious if he knew a seller with NA coupons and he asked me to test one for him and it works fine.

- VPN to a SEA country. I chose Singapore.

- Log in to GeForce Experience. If you've used GeForce to claim a previous promotion, you may need to create a new account. Do it from the VPN. I had to do this as I had 2 other promotions claimed via this method (For Honor and Destiny) altho Destiny was not from a re-seller out of region.

- Claim Nvidia code

- Turn off VPN

- Game redeems

The info on the Steam console show that its the ROW version:

License packageID 156440:
- State : Active( flags 0 ) - Purchased : Fri Sep 29 08:31:17 2017 in "US", CD Key
- Apps : 356190, 581770, (2 in total)
- Depots : (0 in total)
The builders are getting the coupons now, so I could see this dropping in price somewhat precipitously now that this is confirmed to work. The market right now is around $24-$35, in a week you should be able to find them for $20.

I never play medic in KF2 because I suck at aiming at people to heal them, meanwhile if I'm a support I just need to get in close range and fire the good ol' boomstick.
worst class eva. The base shotgun is ass. If you are just hip firing most of the guns are also total ass. The whole thing in killing floor is distance and you are in trouble when zed gets close. with support its the only place you can even be semi effective.

Everyone knows it, gimmie my ammo and go away useless support.

I still like my shotguns, I think its my favorite kind of weapon so I use them if available.

Also the support is good at cleaning trash zeds because of the penetration of the shotgun, but yeah, the basic shotgun is kind of lackluster but still fun nonetheless.

bread's done
Back