Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
They had FC5 for a time, but with a shitty discount. And yes, all zsilver expires within a year. They also have a limit on the gift cards. One of each. So I got $15 in Target gift cards. Contemplating buying a $10 Dominos one, but probably won't. Maybe just save it and get Rising Storm Vietnam 2 eventually. Redout is there too, but overpriced.
Might want to also add that they may have quickly approaching expiration dates, or mine did, at least. On the redemption page it says:

"Expiry Date: 12/31/2017 (UTC)"

The actual image of the GC says does not expire, so who knows.

They had FC5 for a time, but with a shitty discount. And yes, all zsilver expires within a year. They also have a limit on the gift cards. One of each. So I got $15 in Target gift cards. Contemplating buying a $10 Dominos one, but probably won't. Maybe just save it and get Rising Storm Vietnam 2 eventually. Redout is there too, but overpriced.
More people need to get Rising Storm 2, so I have someone to play with.

I have no idea if Sterling is correct or not because I can't take more than two minutes of that voice and talking style.
I have to admit I enjoyed it for the first dozen or so videos I watch some years ago, but then I realized I knew what he was going to say and how he was going to say it on almost any issue.

And as usual, Sterling is on the money.

This kind of mess is simply exactly why us CAG's should just stick to Bundle sites; our huge backlogs; buying base-games on discount; buying Season Passes on discount; and/or buying Complete Ed's much later.

It ain't always easy to try to do so, though.
i'm gonna sound like some crazy anarchist here, but i say let the AAA/big budget game system burn to the ground. i'm perfectly fine playing games from indie devs and "small" dev companies for the rest of my life. down with Big Gaming i say!!!

This kind of mess is simply exactly why us CAG's should just stick to Bundle sites; our huge backlogs; buying base-games on discount; buying Season Passes on discount; and/or buying Complete Ed's much later.

it's harder when ppl around you fakeybro left and right.. :shock:

Might want to also add that they may have quickly approaching expiration dates, or mine did, at least. On the redemption page it says:

"Expiry Date: 12/31/2017 (UTC)"

The actual image of the GC says does not expire, so who knows.
I hadn't actually accessed mine, thanks for the heads up.

More people need to get Rising Storm 2, so I have someone to play with.
I should be a fakey or two away from having enough Zgold, but then again, since PUBG my motivation to fakey or play anything else has gone down to zero.

I just noticed the coop DLC for Dino D-Day is on sale for $0.99. A number of people have it, but I don't. Would that be a good bro-night?
We've played it before and it's a good game, if we get enough people I'd be down to scheduling it again.

Just MISCLICKED Shadow of War in steam library...and I can play.

Just a heads up for those that have it.
Goes to check CD Keys for code.

"We are currently running a scheduled maintenance on our website, during this time our website will be unavaliable.

We expect this to be finished within 45 minutes."

:twoguns:

EDIT: Yup, 65.6 GB alright. Can't wait to play in 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
And as usual, Sterling is on the money.

Re: Jim Sterling. I think he made some valid points. I also wonder if European fans like him more with his speaking style and voice. I will admit that not every company is doing what we have been talking about. However, some companies are delivering a starter product when a game comes out with planned unlocks for instance.

i'm gonna sound like some crazy anarchist here, but i say let the AAA/big budget game system burn to the ground. i'm perfectly fine playing games from indie devs and "small" dev companies for the rest of my life. down with Big Gaming i say!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6vqPUM_FE

I don't want to set the world on fire.

That said, I don't trust indie devs. I'll take Shigeru Miamoto, Sid Meier, and even Hideo Kojima and their AAA corporate pals over Phil Fish, Cleveland Mark Blakemore and Digital Homicide any day.
Sometimes, at least having a few suits around keeps ALL of the crazy from spewing out.

Re: Jim Sterling. I think he made some valid points. I also wonder if European fans like him more with his speaking style and voice. I will admit that not every company is doing what we have been talking about. However, some companies are delivering a starter product when a game comes out with planned unlocks for instance.
Don't worry, there's already rumors flying around about also SW: BF2 (DICE), AC: Origins and CoD WW2 will be coming w/ Micro-transactions.

Jim's pretty much spot on about microtransactions and incomplete games. In the old days, we got finished base-games & expansions were basically new stories of their very own.

Today, we have games like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - which is a really good game, despite its issues - but winds up hurt by the fact there feels like Chapters are missing. Even the DLC's don't even really finish-up the base-game's story arc. Witcher 2 really felt like by the 3rd Chapter (which felt rushed as hell, BTW) and the end, that it was all a cliffhanger for Witcher 3.

Sometimes I do wonder if dev's make these main-quests too long and since they can't meet their final release date, they just take whatever they haven't done and let the unfinished content get finished as DLC.

EDIT:

No way. They just need to cut the non-sense w/ their bullcrap business practices. These armies of dev's can really make some awesome games, which often seem like they're being pulled down by horrible business practices and decisions coming from those dangling the $$$ (i.e. the publishers).

They need to get rid of the nasty types of micro-transactions and Loot Boxes; stop releasing buggy games/unstable games/poor technically performing PC versions; and milking the consumer at every turn possible.

Jim Sterling usually makes some good points about most things.  But when you're a cynical asshole about everything, your rhetoric tends to fall flat and people don't listen or care. 

Sterling is one of the few Youtube gaming "personalities" that I find tolerable.  Plus he caused Digital Homicide to destroy themselves, which was nice.

I personally love listening to "Jim fucking Sterling son!" I actually like the tenor and tone of his voice more than even his content, and I usually think his commentary is spot on. I also like that he tries to find any enjoyment out of truly terrible games. It's just a cherry on top to think that someone with that voice and lifestyle *chose* to live in Mississippi.

I think you're missing half of the punchline
Opinions are like asses, everyone's got one -- but I only really care about the ones on women?

I'm sure Sterling is just ducky. I just find the theatrical flair of his voice offputting to the point of distraction. It's not just "British accent", I can listen to John Oliver for an hour with no problem. It's an intentional flourish I assume for "lolyoutube" purposes.

I bought that Dino D-Day DLC so now Jimbo is committed to amuse me.

Finally hit 6K on Steam...May God have mercy on my soul....

And you lot, to show that I am magnanimous while I take comfort in my superiority,  scramble for the coppers!!!!!!

tWFgCRGWSYCvBY76J4_xCg.png

I took the top turd, thx rc.

I'm 62 away from 5k. I miss when such a milestone actually kinda mattered. At least back then you could pretend that maybe half of it wasn't shit.

Finally hit 6K on Steam...May God have mercy on my soul....

And you lot, to show that I am magnanimous while I take comfort in my superiority, scramble for the coppers!!!!!

*snip*
Took Chronology. I've been trying to grab that off of tremor for months.

Thanks man.

Newegg Flash has Windows 10 codes for Minecraft for only $3.98:

https://flash.newegg.   com/Product/9SIACF85VH9039

Probably won't find a better deal from a legit retailer, though that's been around the price for it from cdkeys and g2a.  

Edit:

Also, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice devs will be donating all proceeds from today's purchases to a mental health charity for world mental health awareness day:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/414340/Hellblade_Senuas_Sacrifice/

Full price of $29.99, but still a nice thing to do. 

I'm sure Sterling is just ducky. I just find the theatrical flair of his voice offputting to the point of distraction. It's not just "British accent", I can listen to John Oliver for an hour with no problem. It's an intentional flourish I assume for "lolyoutube" purposes.
Yea, it's got that annoying tinge that most British public figures don't have.

Newegg Flash has Windows 10 codes for Minecraft for only $3.98:

https://flash.newegg. com/Product/9SIACF85VH9039

Probably won't find a better deal from a legit retailer, though that's been around the price for it from cdkeys and g2a.

Edit:

Also, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice devs will be donating all proceeds from today's purchases to a mental health charity for world mental health awareness day:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/414340/Hellblade_Senuas_Sacrifice/

Full price of $29.99, but still a nice thing to do.
I guess I'll get in on this new-fangled MineCraft craze, it seems to be all the kids talk about now that Space Invaders isn't a thing any more.

Gods, I remember going to the Best Buy store one city over on Black Friday after my morning shift at Toys'R'Us and buying their last copy of The Orange Box...

But when you're a cynical asshole about everything, your rhetoric tends to fall flat and people don't listen or care.
I can only relate to being a cynical asshole about everything, but people still tend to listen and care. I think it's because I don't look like Elton John and sound like Russell Brand reading Shakespeare.

Content+DLC joke, etc.

Last night, we played Rainbow Siege Six and did our typical awful job of it.  Bro newbie That Guy aka Angry Polar Bear had to switch accounts so our incompetence wouldn't bomb his platinum ranking.  That probably sets a new kind of record.  Also I spent a million renown on buying IQ some new Barbie clothes and a little flower to pin on her gun.  Manly!  Afterward we played a couple rounds of PUBG to show the new guy that we weren't roundly incompetent and managed to last until the final 10 players (I died last at #5).  Not a win but some shadow of redemption at least.

Tonight is Ice Lakes!  Lord only knows how long we'll last but we played it once before and it got the "Yeah, I'd do this again" seal of middling approval.  Crack open a beer, set it next to your keyboard and settle in for pulling virtual brown bass out of virtual holes in virtual ice.  Then, you know, we'll probably wind up shooting people.

Grim Dawn expansion supposed to be released today. Don't know about you folks, but I'm pretty stoked for it.
Holy crap, I had no idea this was coming. Will instabuy, install, then realize I still have a few chapters to complete in the main storyline.

Seriously though, Grim Dawn is fantastic.

FYI, you have to take the risk and purchase it first. Then they'll adjust. If you try to do it before purchasing its no go.

Buy it on website then call them (dont do live chat) immediately and they'll process the price match and refund the difference. If they try and say no, threaten to cancel the order. $40 GC ships separately.

You can do instore pick up as well but my local was out of stock.

bread's done
Back