Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Guess I'll double post since the forum hated me responded to to different posters via mobile...

Haven't had issues with being banned yet while running RivaTuner or Shadowplay. I think it's funny how one of the devs tweeted saying it's Internet BS that people are getting banned for using Discord and other 3rd party non-malicious software; guy is a moron.
Shadowplay is authorized, even their out of date beta page mentions it.... As for RT I have no idea if your playing Russian Roulette or not.

Her; what later convinced her that it wasn't sexual assault? Cause that had to happen, right? Who would later date someone who they knew sexual assaulted them?

Just don't feel like the whole story has comeout... Not that I want/need the full story to come out.
I don't think she meant the story to blow up or go public. She shared it with her group while people were talking about sexual assault experiences and someone else took screenshots and made it public. From the article:

In fact, she did not make the allegations public. Instead, friends took screen shots of the post and they began circulating, eventually becoming public and going viral.
According to her story, after the incident, she approached him and he agreed that it was messed up and apologized. I'm sure there was a lot of "I'm not really like that, I was drunk, etc". That aside, she wouldn't be the first or last person to get into a relationship with someone who has treated them poorly in the past. The world is full of abusive relationship stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I'll double post since the forum hated me responded to to different posters via mobile...

Shadowplay is authorized, even their out of date beta page mentions it.... As for RT I have no idea if your playing Russian Roulette or not.
Lets hope not, I actually forgot I had RivaTuner on as I have it auto load and side bar'd 24/7 just to cap my FPS at 142 max for Gsync. I guess we will see :O

But what about my Star Deals!?

My offhand guess is that they want to get away from the "Bundle" mindset and be more of a standard games retailer.  Sort of like when Good Old Games said they're just "GOG" now, taking the focus off porting old titles and expanding into more "first run" stuff.

Not trying to read anything into this situation but isn't it a bit odd, as a woman, to share a hotel room with a guy you aren't in a relationship with?
Only if the guy is Mike Pence.

Platonic friendships between sexes are, y'know, a thing. Sharing a room doesn't imply swapping fluids.

Bundlestars changing to a new name all of a sudden? No idea why.. maybe SPoder knows.

https://www.fanatical.com/prelaunch.html
My guess is they probably don't want people to think of them as primarily a bundle site. While I'm sure they will still do bundles, they probably would like to have people think of them as more of games store.

EDIT: Let the record show, when I first started typing this response, Syntax hadn't yet sneakily edited his post to include that second paragraph. So this was totally an original thought on my part.

Here's a Fanatical Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jekjulg.png

My offhand guess is that they want to get away from the "Bundle" mindset and be more of a standard games retailer. Sort of like when Good Old Games said they're just "GOG" now, taking the focus off porting old titles and expanding into more "first run" stuff.
So, is GOG now Good Online Games? Good Offline Games?

[shrug]

Spoilered so that I don't offend the delicate sensibilities of people who don't want their Destiny 2
and NeoGAF whining disturbed by a large post....

4u4PYVN.png

SaeP6CR.png

2hzXaUs.png

XuI9AJN.png

I can't recall, but - didn't the Destiny 2 PC Beta have in the Option menu a option to display the framerate in-game?

You know, if Destiny 2's dev/publisher wants to ban players using 3rd party app's like MSI Afterburner or RivaTuner and other stuff like Discord, they really should warn PC gamers ahead of time about this. We normally like this stuff running to let us know how well or poorly things are performing.

And of course, if they are going to ban over this non-sense - well, then these tools should already be built in-full in Battle.Net and/or Destiny 2 to be able to display heat temps on GPU/CPU/whatever else; display framerates, RAM usage, VRAM usage; use your own framerate limiting caps; and other stuff - since PC gamers like having this stuff going to know how their system's handling the game & performing.

The last thing I - or anyone else, for that matter - needs is Destiny 2 maybe heating up to say 100 degrees Celsius on say my gaming laptop; I would like to know if this was happening so I can limit my GPU/CPU or something so I don't let my laptop turn into burnt toast, you know?

I know I normally like running MSI Afterburner and other tools, when running most PC games. Good thing I normally do Single-Player games, since I doubt I'll get a ban for using that stuff in SP-based games. I guess w/ MP-based games, we're going to have to be prepared for this non-sense of banning 3rd party app's and maybe try not to use them on anything modern.
I think the toaster is trying to tell us something... what is it, boy?

First World Problems: The in-browser Steam key activation page doesn't tell you what the product is if you try to redeem a key for a game you already own.

So Tomasety and I are having a spirited debate where he won't admit he's blind:

3sbizce.png

At the bottom near the trigger, what do you see?  A bat, a cat, or....an owl?  (Tomas says it's an owl)  

Edit: 

Also, Dead by Daylight is adding FREDDY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9JljEJ7HU

Double Edit:

God bless Dragos:

dragos popovici7 minutes ago
Ideeas for future killers:
1:Jack o lantern - he's power is to use a lantern to see better
2:The Crowman - he's power is to see tought crows eyes
3:The Seeker - he's power is to see with a x-ray vision but at a small distance
What do you guys think?

So Tomasety and I are having a spirited debate where he won't admit he's blind:

3sbizce.png

At the bottom near the trigger, what do you see? A bat, a cat, or....an owl? (Tomas says it's an owl)
It's Bat-Cat from the movie posters on the Burning Paris map. I'm also deeply envious that you got that while I got some stupid crossbow skin I'll never use.

EDIT: Let the record show, when I first started typing this response, Syntax hadn't yet sneakily edited his post to include that second paragraph. So this was totally an original thought on my part.
I started in the bundle stars thread and posted the same thoughts... We three be smart. :)

God bless Dragos:

dragos popovici7 minutes ago
What do you guys think?
Drago Popinski - he's power is that he will crush you but all you have to do is dodge and throw the toolbox at his head or gut to daze him

What do you guys think?[/size][/font][/color]
No.

1. Chucky
2. The Leprechaun
3. Jeffrey Dahmer

What do you guys think?
The Data-Eater. When he hits you, it corrupts/erases your game progression file.

Now it's a feature instead of a bug.

The "G" -- Stalks you on a new map inside an abandoned bar, called "The PUB". After killing all survivors, they get bored and leave to play some battle royale shooter.

Steam Digital Wallet gifts available now: 

http://store.steampowered.com/digitalgiftcards/selectgiftcard

Are there any restrictions on purchasing digital gift cards?
You and your friend must both have Steam accounts and you'll need to be friends on Steam. You can purchase Steam digital gift cards for any user that you have had on your friends list for at least 3 days. Please note that you cannot use existing wallet funds to purchase a digital gift card.

I'm looking forward to the next several weeks of posts consisting of how much people don't want to buy/pay for Destiny 2 on PC.
Sweet!

I'll probably be leading that movement, until it actually hits $10-20 on PC.

You know, just b/c I'm cheap and all... [shrug]

It's Bat-Cat from the movie posters on the Burning Paris map. I'm also deeply envious that you got that while I got some stupid crossbow skin I'll never use.
I looked at your crossbow skin and it IS ugly. It's just red with some blood drip. At least your flamethrower skin has a jack o lantern on it.

Steam Digital Wallet gifts available now:

http://store.steampowered.com/digitalgiftcards/selectgiftcard

Are there any restrictions on purchasing digital gift cards?
You and your friend must both have Steam accounts and you'll need to be friends on Steam. You can purchase Steam digital gift cards for any user that you have had on your friends list for at least 3 days. Please note that you cannot use existing wallet funds to purchase a digital gift card.
It's a shame you can't use Steam funds to send a gift card, but this is still kinda cool I suppose. And at least the requirement for the friends list is only 3 days.

https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/923226161475477504

Shit, got jokied again lol........¬¬

And I thought that it was a very weird move from Valve, but I now after reading the wallet limitation it makes totally sense. First Valve get rid of possible scams and wallet funds transfer between accounts and second and most importatn. Its an way to encourage users to spend more money into the Steam Ecosystem.

I think its a win-win for Valve just like it is a win-win for Pedro each night when he fights against some cag's mothers ...

According to Reddit, looks like ELEX PC version is showing up at $12 for Twitch Prime members.

Can't speak on it, don't have Prime.

How long until this gets dirt-cheap or bundled?

EDIT:

Looks like it might be a Non-USA deal.

Sweet!

I'll probably be leading that movement, until it actually hits $10-20 on PC.

You know, just b/c I'm cheap and all... [shrug]
Cool for you bro. I support you all in that.

A uh, friend of mine. Who has slightly more money than brains was looking for a copy. Is GMG the best deal for Destiny 2 right now? You know, for my friend. 'Cause I have it on my superior PS4 Pro.

I put code on Domino's site but no discount????? What kind of deal is this???

Also, it is an owl.
Yes, that's it...you should have received a free Great Horned Owl if you put the code in and you purchased 7 medium Domino's pizzas....perhaps you should call Domino's Corporate Office and see where your owl is.....

Yes, that's it...you should have received a free Great Horned Owl if you put the code in and you purchased 7 medium Domino's pizzas....perhaps you should call Domino's Corporate Office and see where your owl is.....
So I called and they were very nice and apologized for the mix-up. They sent me this:

db4977ee9c4629b9af5581a2e5141c55--macaroni-pizza.jpg

THX 4 POSTING SUPR DEEL!

So. Coming from Destiny 2 on PS4, the PC version is one of the most optimized games I have played...it feels like a whole new game (60fps+).

Haven't had issues with being banned yet while running RivaTuner or Shadowplay. I think it's funny how one of the devs tweeted saying it's Internet BS that people are getting banned for using Discord and other 3rd party non-malicious software; guy is a moron.
I've been playing Destiny 2 with Discord overlay on since it launched yesterday and have had zero issues. I was never really concerned since I don't cheat or have any software manipulation tools installed. I just don't see the point in playing a game for entertainment and feel the need to intentionally cheat for whatever reason.

Just about an hour ago Bungie released this statement in response to the 400 whiners (and liars) on reddit:

Destiny 2 Security News Update

We have seen lots of questions about bans being issued in the PC version of Destiny 2. To provide some information, we would like to share some facts.

The following is true:
  • Destiny 2 cannot automatically ban you, only Bungie can ban a player after a manual investigation
  • Yesterday, we banned approximately 400 players on PC
  • Bans were applied to players who were using tools that pose a threat to the shared ecosystem of the game
  • We did not (and will not) issue any bans for the use of overlays or performance tools, including Discord, Xsplit, OBS, RTSS, etc.
  • Information on using third-party applications can be found here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46101
  • We are overturning 4 of the bans that were issued during the PC Beta

We are committed to providing an experience that is fun and fair for the millions of players who have joined us in this community.
Yeah... Bahahaha. If anyone was banned it was done manually. That's some high comedy for those who were and claimed they weren't cheating. Either they're lying or they are one of handful of people who were unintentionally banned and can contact Bungie for that to be overturned.

I'm not naive to believe everything I read, but I think I'll choose to believe Bungie over the anonymous reddit users. It's amazing how a few hundred players that were banned whined loud enough to make it seem like there were thousands upon thousands, and that it was a wide spread issue.

Something else to note on the cheating front, Windows 10 secretly included anti-cheat protection in the Fall Creators update.

Don't do it people, just... don't do it! :shame:

bread's done
Back