Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Duel Links is now on Steam

You earn so much gems from events and casually playing that I recommend never to buy any.

It's fun side game to play on the side on your phone and do daily event stuff since they're constantly doing birthday events to giveaways.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/601510/YuGiOh_Duel_Links/

Logging in right now will net you some free gems + blue-eyes white dragon to get you started.

dDBTJ5K.jpg

Ys84mqR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Duel Links is now on Steam
You earn so much gems from events and casually playing that I recommend never to buy any.

It's fun side game to play on the side on your phone and do daily event stuff since they're constantly doing birthday events to giveaways.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/601510/YuGiOh_Duel_Links/
Logging in right now will net you some free gems + blue-eyes white dragon to get you started.

dDBTJ5K.jpg

Ys84mqR.jpg
I think you buried the lead... If I had know it was Yu-Gi-Oh I wouldn't have even clicked on it. :p

14 year steam anniversary mofo's...

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

B2BT2-P9F0L-FF700

Dead Rising 2

A9LNQ-Z3PY7-F24P2

Grey Goo Definitive Edition

NRC4D-P825P-WZDGB

Wasteland

CA037-HZF35-KI4PR

The Bard's Tale

C0XEY-TW3ID-DKY5Q

Abyss Odyssey

9YJF0-9R0GL-JD5WH

ABZU

G0XE6-MA8GP-XYIQC

Bunch of butthurt nerds in the trade thread shitposting because people are asking $55
At first I thought it was a weak price because I assumed Gold was like $80 MSRP so if you were waiting on a sale anyway, this wasn't anything amazing.

ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS? Now I'm just laughing at that price tag. I mean, technically it's a good discount but it's still not a good price. But I wasn't in love with Shadow of Mordor so I'm probably not the guy to ask.

I don't think I'll ever use these coins. I sincerely regret missing Slayaway Camp.
Slayaway Camp got bundled though, could have gotten it from a split for cheap. I regret not getting Circa Infinity with my coins, I doubt I'll ever buy anything with them

Samsung 50'' 4K Samsung HDTV purchased today; and also up and running. Yay!!!

So, what do you guys have for HDTV's?

Brand - Samsung? LG? Something else?

Resolution - 1080p? 4K?

I have last year's samsung ks8500 55". Love it. My main gaming display right now. The newest nvidia driver update makes 4k run comfortably in D2. Kicking back with a ms elite controller

Don't forget to bring 3 seashells.

For the 2 of us who get the reference lol.
Maybe that's why Mark Zuckerberg bought the Occulus, so he can have sex with Sandra Bullock.

But you have to remember, this thread skews a bit older. I'm sure there are a over a dozen (semi) regulars 35+.
I think this site skews older in general. What young'in uses these antiquated "forums"?

Samsung 50'' 4K Samsung HDTV purchased today; and also up and running. Yay!!!

Brand - Samsung? LG? Something else?

Resolution - 1080p? 4K?
Sony KDL-55EX720. I want a newer set with HDR, but it's still a great TV.

Okay, so...does anyone here have a long HDMI cable going from their 4K PC going to a 4K HDTV?

I am getting signal degradation, flickering, and other weirdness from my 4K PC's (whether desktop or laptop) to my 4K TV, which is connected via a 25 ft. HDMI wire. I seem to do fine with other, shorter HDMI cables when connecting my 4K laptop to my 4K HDTV - i.e. 6 feet.

So, any recommendations for really good 4K HDMI 2.0 cables that can handle the length? Or should I grab a HDMI signal booster?  

Okay, so...does anyone here have a long HDMI cable going from their 4K PC going to a 4K HDTV?

I am getting signal degradation, flickering, and other weirdness from my PC to my TV, which is connected via a 25 ft. HDMI wire. I seem to do fine with other, shorter HDMI cables

So, any recommendations for really good 4K HDMI 2.0 cables that can handle the length? Or should I grab a HDMI signal booster?
Have you tried SteamLink App if it's acceptable?

Slayaway Camp got bundled though, could have gotten it from a split for cheap. I regret not getting Circa Infinity with my coins, I doubt I'll ever buy anything with them
Yeah it was in a mid tier of that gems bundle, right? I didn't see it being offered in the trade forum and didn't bother going out of my way for it.

Got it going. Downloaded the app and it was easy as can be.

SteamLink App is working great here w/ MK XL! :)
I have a 2015 or 2016 Samsung 55" 4K TV, but no 4K PC. For some reason, the Link app is not on this TV. I rarely use the 4K because only one channel on DISH has intermittent 4K content. Planet Earth II looked fantastic on it. This is part of the reason I'm seriously considering getting an Xbone S at BF prices; it's got a good 4K Blu-ray player built into it.

I have a 2015 or 2016 Samsung 55" 4K TV, but no 4K PC. For some reason, the Link app is not on this TV. I rarely use the 4K because only one channel on DISH has intermittent 4K content. Planet Earth II looked fantastic on it. This is part of the reason I'm seriously considering getting an Xbone S at BF prices; it's got a good 4K Blu-ray player built into it.
My 2016 Samsung 1080p HDTV didn't have SteamLink app on its SmartHub or SteamLink device built in. :(

Though, this 2017 Samsung HDTV has it built in; so you go download the app; and it works wonderful. :)

How much have you seen the XBOne S go for?

I've seen 4K Ultra BR Players (stand-alones) going for $100 during these Pre-BF Sales.

Got a low end Samsung 55 4K hooked up to the gaming pc. HDR doesn't look as good to me as regular mode. Was playing Rocket League in 4K last night, can't really tell a huge difference between 4K and 1080 in games to be honest.

I use the Amazon HDMI cables btw.

I am getting signal degradation, flickering, and other weirdness from my 4K PC's (whether desktop or laptop) to my 4K TV, which is connected via a 25 ft. HDMI wire. I seem to do fine with other, shorter HDMI cables when connecting my 4K laptop to my 4K HDTV - i.e. 6 feet.

I've got a long and fat cable, just ask your mom, AMIRITE?!?!?

MysterD is going to become a console peasant. So long, sweet prince. We'll see you in the Best Buy line looking to exchange used games for Gamer Klub Dollahs
Only if I can get Red Dead Redemption; Fable 2; the entire Halo series; and entire Gears of War series.

Oh, look....

Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition - Ragnarok DLC/expansion released:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/741350/Titan_Quest_Ragnark/

And it's by the Magicka developers.

Interesting.
that's incorrect. Pieces Interactive is not the developer of Magicka but of Magicka DLCs and of the less successful Magicka sequel.

Arrowhead Studio is father of Magicka. Pieces is more like red head step child.

Hence, we should set our expectation accordingly.

that's incorrect. Pieces Interactive is not the developer of Magicka but of Magicka DLCs and of the less successful Magicka sequel.

Arrowhead Studio is father of Magicka. Pieces is more like red head step child.

Hence, we should set our expectation accordingly.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Fixed my post to reflect your information.

Any ideas what store chains are doing this?
You don't need to go to a store chain.

I'm not near a grocery store! Or I am, but they don't have those bags. RIP?
Find a location where you can physically donate towards hunger relief. This may involve researching at old libraries, scouring the wilds, talking to NPCs, and braving parts of your local world map you may not have visited otherwise. If you go on this type of journey, write it up in your email! We all love stories of adventure.

http://dungeonmans.com/hungerclock/faq.html

If I have to go outside I must keep the time limited!!!!  Will stop by a couple stores tomorrow.  I'm wondering how they can verify this since the description the receipt could be something wonky like 'DON45623derpaderpderp' and not exactly 'HeyThisIsABagofFoodThatQualifiesForThatGamePromo.'

Usually the chains do this, like Kroger or Safeway, but it's the ultimate YMMV. If you want to be sure you could always donate to a local food bank and get a receipt.

bread's done
Back