Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'd guess he meant Destiny 2...?
Sorry, I should have used the yellow font... (And I really don't like seeing abrevations repurposed... Especially from an all time classic that more than earned it but I guess that's progress.)

As for your TV question. I have a Panasonic in my padded cell (man cave), a Samsung in the living room, and I think a VIZIO in the bedroom. (Only the wife uses it so it's a simple utterly unimpressive TV outside of the price but at least I got her upgraded from SD.)

Anyhow, Samsung is pretty much the best TVs on the market so you did good. :)

As for your TV question. I have a Panasonic in my padded cell (man cave), a Samsung in the living room, and I think a VIZIO in the bedroom. (Only the wife uses it so it's a simple utterly unimpressive TV outside of the price but at least I got her upgraded from SD.)

Anyhow, Samsung is pretty much the best TVs on the market so you did good. :)
It has HDR+ even, too.

I think this was pretty much a steal at $400 (before tax), I must say. I'm loving this TV.

My 2016 Samsung 1080p HDTV didn't have SteamLink app on its SmartHub or SteamLink device built in. :(

Though, this 2017 Samsung HDTV has it built in; so you go download the app; and it works wonderful. :)

How much have you seen the XBOne S go for?

I've seen 4K Ultra BR Players (stand-alones) going for $100 during these Pre-BF Sales.
It looks like everybody's pretty much having the same BF sales on non-Pro PS4s and non-X Xbones: $199 for the former and $189 for the latter. So I'm also selling myself on this idea because this means that I could score a console that will play the newest games for about the same price as any one of the three main components of my new PC build that I haven't yet purchased: motherboard, CPU, and video card. And my work laptop plays the older stuff in my library, so that means I can (in theory at least) play the newer games that interest me while still slowly putting together my PC (and I can start a 4K BD library to boot).

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like everybody's pretty much having the same BF sales on non-Pro PS4s and non-X Xbones: $199 for the former and $189 for the latter.
Prices on consoles during the BF season are usually the same at most retailers, with some offering extra incentives on BF itself or occasionally on Cyber Monday—gift cards, extra games, etc.

I'm hoping to score a cheap Xbox One S for just a UHD player, or are there other recommendations?  I really have no interest in most Xbox One titles except maybe Halo 5.

513Y1MG9SEL.jpg

It looks like everybody's pretty much having the same BF sales on non-Pro PS4s and non-X Xbones: $199 for the former and $189 for the latter. So I'm also selling myself on this idea because this means that I could score a console that will play the newest games for about the same price as any one of the three main components of my new PC build that I haven't yet purchased: motherboard, CPU, and video card. And my work laptop plays the older stuff in my library, so that means I can (in theory at least) play the newer games that interest me while still slowly putting together my PC (and I can start a 4K BD library to boot).
This is financially responsible. I on the other hand, decided on an EVGA 1080 TI FTW3 and a AW3418DW monitor. Because being able to eat is not important.

This is financially responsible. I on the other hand, decided on an EVGA 1080 TI FTW3 and a AW3418DW monitor. Because being able to eat is not important.
While I bet the GTX 1080 Ti is incredible and all - yeah, how do you like the curved Alienware monitor?

So I dared to venture into the place known as 'outside' and bought one of those $10 Second Harvest bags while grocery shopping.  Sent off receipt to that Hunger Clock promo -- will let you know if I got scammed into donating to charity!

So I dared to venture into the place known as 'outside' and bought one of those $10 Second Harvest bags while grocery shopping. Sent off receipt to that Hunger Clock promo -- will let you know if I got scammed into donating to charity!
I hope you wore a respirator. Those toxins will kill ya.

So I dared to venture into the place known as 'outside' and bought one of those $10 Second Harvest bags while grocery shopping. Sent off receipt to that Hunger Clock promo -- will let you know if I got scammed into donating to charity!
Got the key. Only took about a couple of hours. And I guess they have some random number roll because they said I rolled a 20 and gave me five bonus keys from stuff people donated. Will sift through those and probably dump them on muh Steam activity feed.

Edit: Keys posted on muh Steam Friends feed: WWE 2K16, Stronghold Crusader 2, Machinarium Collector's Edition, Redemption: Eternal Quest, and Dungeon Nightmares II.

We played the deep helm map of KF2 today and omg did the nerds start coming out of the library:

Bah:  Hobbits are only between 2 and 4 feet tall and if they have pointy ears they are called elfs.

Duke: OMG, Bah, it's pronounced alf!

Bah: I hope you choke on saran's palpatine!

Duke: I should know, I live in New Zealand and it's practically Narnia!

So I have nearly 3000 steam cards to idle...  Which is the best program for this?  (I thought one had a glitch where if you stopped/started it really quickly it could idle a ton of cards quickly.)

Good luck getting the idlemaster glitch to work. I had to dig through 18 month old steam thread posts trying to discover the secret of this supposed glitch. As far as I know, there's no way to reliably get it work, it's completely random.

Good luck getting the idlemaster glitch to work. I had to dig through 18 month old steam thread posts trying to discover the secret of this supposed glitch. As far as I know, there's no way to reliably get it work, it's completely random.
It absolutely still works. I was doing it earlier in the week.

I assume you already know whether or not you have to idle games before drops? If you've ever gotten a refund, typically in the last year, you'll have a 3 hour minimum playtime rule before you can start getting drops for a particular game. Then you can get the glitch to work. It used to be 2 hours, but its now 3. This is a problem with Idlemaster since it is not being developed anymore and its only going to do it for 2.

What I typically do is I click every 2-3 seconds in between games to get it "primed", think of it like a lawnmower where you have to pull the cord to get it started. Once the drops start, then slow it down to 3-4 seconds between games. Sometimes it will "break" and you'll have to restart Steam, but you can always get it restarted. If I get impatient, I'll do batches of 5, where I'll change games quickly up to 5, wait for a few drops, and then do it again. Prime it and then fall into a rhythm. When you get to the last game in your queue, go to settings and choose a new order i.e. "Idle the games with the highest value first" etc. Just change the selection in between each pass. So if you have 20 games you're trying to get cards on, when you get to #19, switch that selection, this way it doesnt reset and you can keep the rhythm going.

If you are on a delay, Id recommend installing ASF (ArchisSteamFarm). This is generally a much better tool for idling, but the glitch I find is harder to pull off in it. What I do is do my "mass" idle in ASF so it gets a bunch of games to the time needed to start getting drops, and then I switch to Idle Master to do the glitch. 200+ cards in 15 minutes.

Here's a video on how to install ASF. Its pretty easy, but its not a regular download an exe and install situation. There's also links to DL etc. if you watch it direct on Youtube in his description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi2UjXtGWgc

It absolutely still works. I was doing it earlier in the week.

I assume you already know whether or not you have to idle games before drops? If you've ever gotten a refund, typically in the last year, you'll have a 3 hour minimum playtime rule before you can start getting drops for a particular game. Then you can get the glitch to work. It used to be 2 hours, but its now 3. This is a problem with Idlemaster since it is not being developed anymore and its only going to do it for 2.

What I typically do is I click every 2-3 seconds in between games to get it "primed", think of it like a lawnmower where you have to pull the cord to get it started. Once the drops start, then slow it down to 3-4 seconds between games. Sometimes it will "break" and you'll have to restart Steam, but you can always get it restarted. If I get impatient, I'll do batches of 5, where I'll change games quickly up to 5, wait for a few drops, and then do it again. Prime it and then fall into a rhythm. When you get to the last game in your queue, go to settings and choose a new order i.e. "Idle the games with the highest value first" etc. Just change the selection in between each pass. So if you have 20 games you're trying to get cards on, when you get to #19, switch that selection, this way it doesnt reset and you can keep the rhythm going.

If you are on a delay, Id recommend installing ASF (ArchisSteamFarm). This is generally a much better tool for idling, but the glitch I find is harder to pull off in it. What I do is do my "mass" idle in ASF so it gets a bunch of games to the time needed to start getting drops, and then I switch to Idle Master to do the glitch. 200+ cards in 15 minutes.

Here's a video on how to install ASF. Its pretty easy, but its not a regular download an exe and install situation. There's also links to DL etc. if you watch it direct on Youtube in his description.
For me, it's more of a hassle to do the glitch now because when idling with ASF it doesn't always idle games until exactly 3 hours (possibly more an issue with the Valve server than ASF itself). In my case it's usually a few minutes off so there's no reliable way for me to make it exactly 3 hours unless I make my own script or some shit. This leads me to having to idle each individual game for anywhere from an additional 1-5 minutes. Was better when I could finish off idling with Idle Master, but like you said the cap got increased to 3 hours instead of 2 so Idle Master is useless in that regard. The glitch can be worth it if you've got a lot of games to idle but it'd be easier if Archi would implement the glitch into his own Idler, which he refuses to do.

Just ate my Sunday Sausage Breakfast Crunchwrap™ and it's time for a dump:

Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You  FCVYD-LHB@4-3LGJ3
The Shrouded Isle E@HCG-F705Q-KT6@P
Wargame: Red Dragon ETK8H-6@45T-VWN6V
Offworld Trading Company HRQ4Y-A@063-VTA5M
War for the Overworld GDKY8-E40KW-B@KT0
DmC: Devil May Cry 8MIIV-0A0T6-Z8YQ4
Umbrella Corps and upgrade pack D6F93-TBQ8I-DK83C    AE3PI-DM4@G-VA63@

@ = X

I don't like typing my password (any password) into rando-websites.
You can type 'herpaderpderp' and 'Thisisntmuhpassword' into the website form and it generates a file you can edit on your computer with your actual account name and password.

Edit: If you're talking about the Archifarm thing.

I think I have one already... Maybe it's just a BR player with a DVD burner? I don't know because I never use the thing.
I dunno, check the model # for the BR device; or check to see if it says BD-ROM or BD-RW/R drive on the actual label of the optical driver.

You could always use free-version Speccy or something and see if the optical device is a BR-RW or BD-R drive; or BD-ROM - if you don't feel like literally busting your PC open.

The ubi BF sale has started, I think its only viewable in the client right now as a VIP thing though. Some r6 season passes on sale, wildlands season pass for 24, steep gold for 30 (this wont include the new olympics expansion), anno 2205 ultimate for 17, other usual 50-66% off stuffs

The ubi BF sale has started, I think its only viewable in the client right now as a VIP thing though. Some r6 season passes on sale, wildlands season pass for 24, steep gold for 30 (this wont include the new olympics expansion), anno 2205 ultimate for 17, other usual 50-66% off stuffs
zGHQb4O.gif

You can type 'herpaderpderp' and 'Thisisntmuhpassword' into the website form and it generates a file you can edit on your computer with your actual account name and password.

Edit: If you're talking about the Archifarm thing.
re: Archifarm

I installed it today because I have like 200 cards to idle and the Idlemaster trick hadn't been working for me lately. I found an interesting thing. I've been playing KF2 every two hours today to get Halloween tickets and I notice that every time I interrupt Archi it drops a card auto for me and when I am done playing KF2 it drops multiple cards at once (or while I was playing). Usually, it's just like 7-8, but I just finished right now and had 31 new cards in the 20 minutes I played KF2. So it seems there's sort of a way to get the trick to work using Archi. Just start up an actual game and leave it on for a bit every few hours or so.

bread's done
Back