Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
To get this thread back on topic...

Walmart has a "new" store brand pizza.  It's Great Value brand, not Sam's Choice, and is in brightly colored packaging, not the old white packaging.

The rising crust variety is pretty crappy.  One positive is it seemed to have sauce/cheese to the edge, so no excessive crust.  EDIT: The box doesn't show the sauce/cheese to the edge, but the one I had was like that.  Might have been a fluke.

The thin crust variety is pretty good.  Tastes a lot like Tombstone, but less greasy.

The kicker is the pizza bagel variety.  Shit's pretty good.  I don't know how other areas/stores are, but around me, no one carries a generic brand of pizza bagels.  So any time I had a craving I had to get Bagel Bites, which are relatively expensive if not on sale.

Thin and rising crust is only about $2.50 a pie and the pizza bagels are about $1.30 (maybe $1.50, can't remember).

Pic of the box design.

Great-Value-Cheese-Pepperoni-Mini-Pizza-Bagels.jpg

EDIT:

Some stuff about the rising crust pizza.

Last edited by a moderator:
To get this thread back on topic...

Walmart has a "new" store brand pizza. It's Great Value brand, not Sam's Choice, and is in brightly colored packaging, not the old white packaging.

The rising crust variety is pretty crappy. One positive is it seemed to have sauce/cheese to the edge, so no excessive crust. EDIT: The box doesn't show the sauce/cheese to the edge, but the one I had was like that. Might have been a fluke.
The thin crust variety is pretty good. Tastes a lot like Tombstone, but less greasy.
The kicker is the pizza bagel variety. Shit's pretty good. I don't know how other areas/stores are, but around me, no one carries a generic brand of pizza bagels. So any time I had a craving I had to get Bagel Bites, which are relatively expensive if not on sale.

Thin and rising crust is only about $2.50 a pie and the pizza bagels are about $1.30 (maybe $1.50, can't remember).

Pic of the box design.
Great-Value-Cheese-Pepperoni-Mini-Pizza-Bagels.jpg

EDIT:
Some stuff about the rising crust pizza.
For a second, I thought the Impulsive part was just on the box.

90 cents?!?!

What mythical trading cards are these?!
You might get a foil! Keep buying $10 increments of games and maybe you'll get lucky. I've had a foil listed on the market since May 10th that would only give me 76 cents after fees, but I remain hopeful nonetheless!

I haven't been following these prices closely but I'm looking to pick up Dark Souls 3 Deluxe and Nier Automata.  A little underwhelmed at the prices.  I can also wait a month.  Will these likely be on sale again at the year end sale?

I haven't been following these prices closely but I'm looking to pick up Dark Souls 3 Deluxe and Nier Automata. A little underwhelmed at the prices. I can also wait a month. Will these likely be on sale again at the year end sale?
Almost 100% likely, yeah. IIRC the differences between the Thanksgiving and Christmas sales last year were extremely minor, maybe just a handful of games.

I haven't been following these prices closely but I'm looking to pick up Dark Souls 3 Deluxe and Nier Automata. A little underwhelmed at the prices. I can also wait a month. Will these likely be on sale again at the year end sale?
For Steam, the big sales are Summer and Winter. Winter Sale 2017 should start Dec 21. For Steam, you will see more games on sale during the Winter Sale.

Regarding Nier, it is currently 40% off list price - not too shabby. You may find it cheaper on other sites that issue Steam keys ie CDkeys, GMG, Amazon, etc. before or during the Steam Winter sale. If it was an UbiSoft game, I would also recommend checking the Ubisoft online store i.e. Assassin Creed games.

I hope you find some games at a price that is good for you. If you are interested, you may like the information on the first page of this thread compiled by Neuro. I highly recommend, for instance, checking out isthereanydeal.com if you want price history for instance.

Have a nice day and holiday weekend.

Arx Fatalis is $1.24 on Steam.

That's a steal and an underrated RPG/action game.

For those buying, be sure to grab Arx Libertatis Source Port and run the game with that on modern systems.

Arx Liberatis website w/ info and stuff is over here.

Arx Liberatis Source Port download is over here.

Arx Fatalis is $1.24 on Steam.

That's a steal and an underrated RPG/action game.

For those buying, be sure to grab Arx Libertatis Source Port and run the game with that on modern systems.

Arx Liberatis website w/ info and stuff is over here.

Arx Liberatis Source Port download is over here.
A slightly flawed but great game. It's unfortunate they do stuff as limited as Dishonored when they could apply that modern technology to something as ambitious as Arx 2.

Looks like Newegg is the only place that has Destiny 2 on sale for PC besides gmg.  Its $29.99 on newegg not sure if its a glitch or not since none of the other retailers have the PC version discounted at all.  Its a physical copy so I'll be waiting a week for my code in a box.

Looks like Newegg is the only place that has Destiny 2 on sale for PC besides gmg. Its $29.99 on newegg not sure if its a glitch or not since none of the other retailers have the PC version discounted at all. Its a physical copy so I'll be waiting a week for my code in a box.
It's $39 directly from Battle.net depending on what shipping costs from Newegg. Hmm... and apparently now it can be gifted. Huzzah, now I can sell it for $35 Amazon credit to cash out my worthless Battle.net monies!

So, who wants Destiny 2 for $35 via Battle.net gifting?!?!

It's $39 directly from Battle.net depending on what shipping costs from Newegg. Hmm... and apparently now it can be gifted. Huzzah, now I can sell it for $35 Amazon credit to cash out my worthless Battle.net monies!

Maybe at $25... but only if you hit me up before I come to my senses...

The G910 is $90 at BB and the MS store. I can get it at MS for $50 after my Bing rewards. I really wanted the K70 Rapidfire but is it worth the extra $$?

"Bleh" @ Marvel Heroes closing.

They should quickly add bots to the game (if there isn't any) and institute an offline mode.

Sucks that they're closing. Don't ever want to see anyone lose their jobs and MMO's go offline like it's a rental.

Marvel Heroes is closing servers on 11/24, not the previously announced 12/31.
Yeah, I posted about it yesterday but still worth nothing again... Everyone fired on Thanksgiving Eve and told that their medical ends in a week, no PTO (Paid Time Off, its a replacement for sick and holiday pay used by some companies) paid out, and no severance packages either... but I'm sure the asshole in charge isn't crying this holiday.

As for the game itself I had plans for leveling up the final 6 or so heroes I need to level, it would be extremely quick since I have a shit ton of boosters laying around, but the changes that really drove me away are extensive enough that I would have to relearn and I have no real desire for that.... and my efficiency was shit enough that I lost any desire to try and finish.

NewEgg Deals.

Need the NewEgg code from e-mail to get these deals.

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus (Steam / digital code)  = $25

The Evil Within 2 (Steam / digital code) = $25

Gears of War 4: Standard (Windows 10 Store / digital code) = $18

Forza Horizon 3: Standard (Windows 10 Store / digital code) = $25

Forza Motorsport 7: Standard (Windows 10 Store / digital code) = $35

Halo Wars 2: Standard (Windows 10 Store / Digital code) = $17

Cuphead (Windows 10 Store / XBOX 1 / digital code) = $15

Prey 2017 (Steam / digital code) = $17

[Side note:  for Prey 2017 Steam version Retail Box is currently cheaper at Target for $15 w/ Free Shipping]

Gamersgate deals:

Wolfy New Col SP - $12.50

Agents of Mayhem - $16

Sniper 3 Complete - $18

Resident Evil 7 - $24

All before zgold or any other discounts

Edit:

And of cours, AFTER I buy the SP they send out an email with a discount code giving an additional 18% off Bethesda products:

GGBethesda18

Yeah, I posted about it yesterday but still worth nothing again... Everyone fired on Thanksgiving Eve and told that their medical ends in a week, no PTO (Paid Time Off, its a replacement for sick and holiday pay used by some companies) paid out, and no severance packages either... but I'm sure the asshole in charge isn't crying this holiday.
I've bad-mouthed the game itself before, and I stand by my earlier remarks, but what a f*ck-you to people who made their living putting this thing together. If I believed in a hell, I'd think there's a special place there for someone who makes these kinds of callous, life-shattering decisions.

For those about to battle the huddled masses for ridiculously over priced crap and some cheap games.  I salute you.  May the price errors ever be in your favor!

giphy.gif

The G910 is $90 at BB and the MS store. I can get it at MS for $50 after my Bing rewards. I really wanted the K70 Rapidfire but is it worth the extra $$?
I've had my G910 Spectrum for a couple months now. It's a nice keyboard, although the custom coloring gets a bit crazy in KF2. The little phone deck is worthless, but might work if you actually use a desk.

One thing to note: the MS version is the 910 Spark which uses the old funky keycaps, while Best Buy has the 910 Spectrum which has traditional keycaps. Not many people were fond of the weird ridges on the Spark.

I've had my G910 Spectrum for a couple months now. It's a nice keyboard, although the custom coloring gets a bit crazy in KF2. The little phone deck is worthless, but might work if you actually use a desk.

One thing to note: the MS version is the 910 Spark which uses the old funky keycaps, while Best Buy has the 910 Spectrum which has traditional keycaps. Not many people were fond of the weird ridges on the Spark.
Thanks man. Yeah I saw some videos on the key caps. I saw you could replace them at a cost but haven't looked into it.

My son is working tonight at Target so others can buy cheap games. But he's all jazzed up about making holiday pay so I guess it all works out.
I remember feeling like that. I'd eat as I ran out the door to make double time. It was quite nice.

Hidden sale? Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 (Steam code) on Amazon $20. Deluxe Edition $27.50. I scooped that up fast (cause I wanna actually play it). But Lego games tend to bottom out price-wise.

Gamersgate deals:

Resident Evil 7 - $24
Can get the Deluxe Edition (with season pass) for $34.12 with zGold but there's sadly no way to make the numbers work unless you have $1.12 in zGold already. If you do, buy a 3300 pack for $30 and you're golden.

Haters aside, this zGold is the best way to fakey games if you're not waiting for 75% off.

I haven't bought the Destiny 2 Expansion Pass yet on Blizzard (which I believe is also giftable). You may very well convince me to send money your way with an enticing discount offer. :whistle2:k

I haven't bought the Destiny 2 Expansion Pass yet on Blizzard (which I believe is also giftable). You may very well convince me to send money your way with an enticing discount offer. :whistle2:k
They didn't put the expansion pass on sale so it's still $35 (and I'd probably do like $30).

Anyone seen any deals for Steam cards? There are about 10-15 cheap indies on my wish list that I want that are going for under $1 each right now.
Check the trade thread. Around the holidays you sometimes find people willing to unload steam wallet at a discount (you pay them paypal and they would buy/gift the games to you).

Speaking of blizzard, do you guys know if they charge tax on bnet? I want to buy a $20 digital card to use on overwatch ($19.99).

Also do retailers sell any bnet card less than $20? I want to buy a 2nd card for as little as possible if the $20 won't cover it

Speaking of blizzard, do you guys know if they charge tax on bnet? I want to buy a $20 digital card to use on overwatch ($19.99).

Also do retailers sell any bnet card less than $20? I want to buy a 2nd card for as little as possible if the $20 won't cover it
It might depend on where you live but I've never been charged tax on Battle.net. I want to say probably not since you've technically already given money to Blizzard so at the point it's on battle.net it's not actual money.

Gamersgate has a coupon GGBethesda18 for 18% more off all Bethesda games

Evil Within 2 - $24.60

Wolf2: TNC Base - $24.60

Wolf2 Deluxe (Season Pass) - $32.80

Wolf2:TNC Season Pass - $10.25

Prey - $16.40

Dishonored 2 - $16.40

DOOM - $12.30

Elder Scrolls Online - $8.20

Fallout 4 - $12.30

FO4 Far Harbor - $12.30

Plus older stuff.  Save 20% more when you use zGold.  Evil Within 2 or W2:TNC for $21, W2:TNC Deluxe for $28, etc.  Of course, you need to make the zGold packages work for that to be helpful.

The coupon only seems to apply once per purchase so if you have multiple Bethesda titles, it appears to pick the cheapest to apply the discount to.  Don't load up a cart and apply the coupon.

Anyone seen any deals for Steam cards? There are about 10-15 cheap indies on my wish list that I want that are going for under $1 each right now.
The easiest way to get Steam games cheaper is via a trader. As Fox pointed out, check the trade thread/sites. There's always resellers that will sell games cheaper via Paypal. The issue you may have is a bunch of little games may be tough to pull off with some traders, but theres plenty that have great reputations and may be willing to work with you.

Deals for gift cards are few and far between. There's grey market sites like OffGamers that always have a minimal discount on them (i.e. $20 for $19.50) but outside of big box retailers like Frys and sometimes Target, they're a tough find plus with those places you have to hope they even have the cards in stock.

A last resort is one of those rewards sites like InstaGC. Do some surveys and you can get Steam GCs on there for free (minus your time obviously). You could probably get a $10 card in about 2 hours.

NewEgg Deals.

Need the NewEgg code from e-mail to get these deals.

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus (Steam / digital code) = $25

The Evil Within 2 (Steam / digital code) = $25

Gears of War 4: Standard (Windows 10 Store / digital code) = $18

Forza Horizon 3: Standard (Windows 10 Store / digital code) = $25

Forza Motorsport 7: Standard (Windows 10 Store / digital code) = $35

Halo Wars 2: Standard (Windows 10 Store / Digital code) = $17

Cuphead (Windows 10 Store / XBOX 1 / digital code) = $15

Prey 2017 (Steam / digital code) = $17

[Side note: for Prey 2017 Steam version Retail Box is currently cheaper at Target for $15 w/ Free Shipping]
is Forza Horizon 3 the cheapest historically?

Publisher: Gazillion Entertainment. Sound like they have a Gazillionaire in charge

Sadly, TrumpCat has no ties to this company or else I will be triggered & would stage a protest in front of Trump Tower, NYC to advance my political narrative. Since it is not the case, I will crawl back to my hole and wait

I've stayed away from VR so far but the oculus rift at $350 seems like a great deal.  Any of you guys have it and if so is it worth it at that price?  Any issues with nausea(I get headaches from 3d movies cause MS has really fucked up my one eye) if you dont have perfect eye sight?

I've stayed away from VR so far but the oculus rift at $350 seems like a great deal. Any of you guys have it and if so is it worth it at that price? Any issues with nausea(I get headaches from 3d movies cause MS has really fucked up my one eye) if you dont have perfect eye sight?
I have one, but dont use it all that often anymore. There is some great stuff for it though, cockpit games are an obvious like elite and valkyrie, racing like project cars, rally, and redout etc. Some of the MP stuff is great like recroom, and I like sportsbar vr since me and some friends cross country can play some bar games together. Experience stuff like The Climb is also good.

There is a lot of cruft out there though, tons of shooting galleries, alot of the stuff on steam is just cash grabs. Though if you're getting an MP game always get it on steam over oculus home just for the player base.

Nausea for me is very game and situation dependant. I dont get it all that often but some games and scenarios will do it, like the project cars go-kart racing does it to like 90% of people. The bad eye sight thing I cant comment on, a friend of mine with glasses did get contacts though just to use with his rift since using glasses can be problematic. I doubt the 3d movies are a good comparison though since with vr you have a separate screen for each eye, so its closer to how real life works, however if you have poor depth perception I could see that being problematic

How long do these stupid ass manual reviews on GG typically last? Just until the sales over, I'll wager. I only bought blue coins to supplement what I already had and get that season pass.

I've stayed away from VR so far but the oculus rift at $350 seems like a great deal. Any of you guys have it and if so is it worth it at that price? Any issues with nausea(I get headaches from 3d movies cause MS has really fucked up my one eye) if you dont have perfect eye sight?
I think it is worth it at this price. As long as your PC has the recommended specs. I picked mine up this summer. I am having a blast, had a slight detour with time in Divinity Original Sin 2... but now, heading back into the Rift. I would recommend it.

bread's done
Back