Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I've had OR since last Winter.  I haven't played it since... January.  Pretty let down.  I wear glasses and so I have to wear glasses in the damned headset.  I do like some of my simulators but most the VR games are just rubbish.

Free CURE Alpha Steam key

http://curethegame.com/development/happythanksgiving/

From Dev website

So far we think 2017 has been a great year. We have added tons of core game mechanics and content. After a lot of work and polish, 2018 is looking to be a big year! You can see some of what we have planned by checking out our latest road map post here.

We still in need lots of feedback and game testing. So we are going to be having a Black Friday promotion where anyone who signs up for our newsletter will be given a free CURE alpha steam key immediately while supplies last! Click the link provided to be sent to our newsletter sign up page and get a free Steam Key to download and play CURE! If you are already playing CURE feel free to send this deal to your friends so they can get instant access to the alpha.
Activates as "CURE Demo for Beta Testing" so idk :whistle2:k

Grabbed the only new Steam controller at a GameStop in my area for $33 earlier today along with a $10 Steam card. Can anyone recommend any Steam games that can really show off what this thing is good for? I have over 600 games in my library already, so I'm sure that I already have something that will work well with the controller.

Note on that GGBethesda18 coupon -- it only works once per purchase.  If you have multiple Bethesda titles in your cart, it seems to pick the cheapest one to apply to.

Hey, I have a dumb question for the hardware-savvy folks here. If my laptop can run Dragon Age: Inquisition very well, Mass Effect: Andromeda okay, and Injustice 2 so-so, would it run Deus Ex: Mankind Divided? 

Hey, I have a dumb question for the hardware-savvy folks here. If my laptop can run Dragon Age: Inquisition very well, Mass Effect: Andromeda okay, and Injustice 2 so-so, would it run Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?
I'll let others chime in with firsthand experience.. but I have read that title suffers from performance issues. I wouldn't say it's a safe assumption. Run? Yes. Run well? Unsure.

Honestly, DAI shouldn't be much of a challenge, these days - if you have a decent video card in there.

ME:A and DE: MD are going to be much more challenging to run. Both are similar - just, keep away from maxing both of those out b/c things can get really rough w/ those two, if you try to do so.

This article might help about what to turn on, turn off, and set wherever for DE: MD:

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-get-the-best-performance-out-of-deus-ex-mankind-divided/

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed the only new Steam controller at a GameStop in my area for $33 earlier today along with a $10 Steam card. Can anyone recommend any Steam games that can really show off what this thing is good for? I have over 600 games in my library already, so I'm sure that I already have something that will work well with the controller.
Put it on top of a stack of papers... Move it around every few months while acting surprised to have rediscovered it.

(I don't know anyone who really likes it... but it does make couch RTS a possibility.)

I haven't used mine much at all. Tried it in a shooter and it was horrendous. Only games I thought it was okay in were platformers because they are fine with just one joystick.

Bundlefanatical has flash sales:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/black-friday

Tempted to get Jackbox Party 3 for bronights, though Weiler already has it.

Honestly, DAI shouldn't be much of a challenge, these days - if you have a decent video card in there.

ME:A and DE: MD are going to be much more challenging to run. Both are similar - just, keep away from maxing both of those out b/c things can get really rough w/ those two, if you try to do so.

This article might help about what to turn on, turn off, and set wherever for DE: MD:

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-get-the-best-performance-out-of-deus-ex-mankind-divided/
You're right; I can run DA:I at very high settings on both of my computers.

So if ME:A runs decently at medium settings, I should do okay with MD?

You're right; I can run DA:I at very high settings on both of my computers.

So if ME:A runs decently at medium settings, I should do okay with MD?
Different engines & different games.

ME:A has much bigger open-world style maps than MD. MD's are smaller, but have more details and stuff you can interact w/ at very high fidelity. Frostbite Engine (for MEA) doesn't really handle huge open-world maps that great at higher settings, TBH. MD has a lot of graphical features and at much higher settings it also doesn't run that great.

I ran MD with mostly Medium settings at 1440p on my desktop. I never really threw it at my laptop.

What laptop video card are you running? What are your specs? Did you Google around to see what people ran MD at on laptops w/ similar specs to yours?

I ran MD with mostly Medium settings at 1440p on my desktop. I never really threw it at my laptop.

What laptop video card are you running? What are your specs? Did you Google around to see what people ran MD at on laptops w/ similar specs to yours?
Not really. Because the FirePro M4170 is a pretty uncommon card, I haven't found a lot of reliable information through sites that tell you whether your system can handle specific games. The laptop has an i7-5500U CPU and 16Gb of system RAM. If you were running on Medium settings with a GTX 900 series card, it doesn't sound like it will work well at all on this machine.

I was checking my email and the most recent Newegg sale promotion has Wolfenstein II: The Freedom Chronicles Season Pass (Steam) on sale for $24.99 $12.49. If you use the Promo Code - EMCBBCE34 - then it ends up being $10.99. Steam doesn't even have a discount on the DLC pass for the Autumn sale.

Not a bad deal if you ended up getting Wolfenstein II: TNC vanilla super cheap from one of those AMD vouchers.

I was checking my email and the most recent Newegg sale promotion has Wolfenstein II: The Freedom Chronicles Season Pass (Steam) on sale for $24.99 $12.49. If you use the Promo Code - EMCBBCE34 - then it ends up being $10.99. Steam doesn't even have a discount on the DLC pass for the Autumn sale.

Not a bad deal if you ended up getting Wolfenstein II: TNC vanilla super cheap from one of those AMD vouchers.
But, Wolf 2: TNC Season Pass is $10.25 on Gamersgate after coupon, Syntax pointed out earlier:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341407-steam-deals-mega-thread-all-pc-gaming-deals-fall-sales-in-bloom/?p=13888690

That's a whole 74 Metro LL's!!!

On NewEgg...

Wolfenstein: TNC Digital Deluxe = $34 with promo code in e-mail.

(Includes Wolf TNC Base-Game + Freedom Season Pass)

But, Wolf 2: TNC Season Pass is $10.25 on Gamersgate after coupon, Syntax pointed out earlier:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341407-steam-deals-mega-thread-all-pc-gaming-deals-fall-sales-in-bloom/?p=13888690

That's a whole 74 Metro LL's!!!
Well shit, so he did. Someone apparently missed that post. :dunce:

You know what, I blame the influx of Thanksgiving and family distracting me from giving this thread my undying attention.

...that's supposed to come across as self-humiliating and sarcastic.

There’s a listing for Doom with all the DLC on Newegg, I know they put all the DLC into the game for free, but does anyone know if buying it from Newegg includes a code for the DLC so it will show up under the DLC tab?

My son is working tonight at Target so others can buy cheap games. But he's all jazzed up about making holiday pay so I guess it all works out.
I had meant to comment on this earlier...

First, its awesome to see some legit work ethic in a young person... I don't really want to sound like an old man but having worked with allot of young adults over the years I can say its not a given... and, sadly, its pretty rare.

Anyhow, I hope he had fun. Its not always possible but if you can step back and look at it as the spectacle that it is it can be kind of fun. (Also, hopefully, Target is offering more than just holiday pay for it... Wal-Mart use to offer an extra 10% (so 20% for most of the the store) off of one transaction for working a shift that day... I think that's what they are still doing.)

Thankfully, its not nearly what it use to be... More and more buy online and avoid the store in general. Who knows maybe in another 5 years the stores will actually all close and not open up till Friday. It is more Black Thursday anymore. (Then again, I've always said that I thought Walmart was 5 years away from being open on Christmas Day... Which, I can still see them doing. So who knows.)

Me, I'm just happy to be off this Thanksgiving... We didn't do anything special, I avoid my sister like the plague, but its the first Thanksgiving I had off in a long, long, time so it was nice. :)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-24-led-fhd-monitor-black/8767099.p?skuId=8767099

How do you guys feel about this monitor? I just bought it last night .

I've never bought a 1ms monitor so I wanted to know if I got a decent one.
Monitor quality is highly subjective so when someone asks me if they got a good monitor I typically only check to make sure they didn't get fleeced (which while I think that monitor is kinda expensive for a 24" TN presumably, it isn't horribad) and they ask if they think it looks good. If they say "yes" then it is a good monitor.

^

If it looks good to you, then its good :). That being said I previously had 2 24in asus monitors for years, now the wife uses em. They were/are great, basically the much older versions of the one you got

Anybody have an opinion on the 1600x vs. 1700x vs i5-8400k?  

I know the i5 is better for gaming, but the Ryzen series are better for multitasking/rendering.  

Might need to upgrade soon and wondering which way to go.  

Also wondering if I should go ahead and upgrade to a 8GB 580 (seen the one I want as low as $230) or stick with the 7950 I have for a while longer.  I only plan on gaming at 2560x1080 for the foreseeable future.  

Usually it doesn't take very long. I think the sale is good for several more days so you should be fine.
I waited for it to be "reviewed" for 12 hours...

tenor.gif

then just cancelled the coin order and bought the SP straight up.

I had a review that took a couple hours yesterday. I assume it's because they're in Sweden and are sleeping while I'm computering.
It's a global, 24 hour world, especially in a digital marketplace. If that's the case, those lazy Swedes need to be introduced to the "shift" system of working hours.

Huh.  My $29 copy of Breath of the Wild Explorer's Edition shipped.  I expected that to be canceled.  Well there ya go.  I can say I have a Black Friday "haul" now.  A single game for a system I don't own yet.

for those that have Costco:

currently out of stock, but likely to come back as sale is until Dec 2. 60Hz refresh, but also would be a good choice for XBOX 1 X or PS 4 Pro.

https://www.costco.com/LG-27UD58-B-27%22-Ultra-HD-4K-Monitor.product.100316819.html

I believe MysterD got this last Black Friday. VA panel but good price for the size

https://www.costco.com/HP-Omen-32%22-QHD-Gaming-Monitor.product.100312359.html

I am also trying to decide if going LG ultrawide.
You also might be able to find a "$25 off $250" coupon in-store for use online. My store had a stack of them near the exit last time I was there. Might need a small filler to get it to work with the HP Omen but I seem to recall reading it would apply even without one. I had my eye on the Omen a while ago. Beautiful looking monitor. Might've jumped on it if I could've snagged a better deal on a GPU this weekend.

Huh. My $29 copy of Breath of the Wild Explorer's Edition shipped. I expected that to be canceled. Well there ya go. I can say I have a Black Friday "haul" now. A single game for a system I don't own yet.
I saw this on Slickdeals. I thought it was a good deal at $49, but then some people were reportedly getting it at $29. Even the standard edition would be good at $29, but if you get the Wild Explorer's Edition, then you got a steal of a deal.

Ongoing rant about Steam "sale", along with currently console game prices getting better discounts. Like I have mentioned in prior posts, other sites are beating Steam on prices.

For example, currently Fallout $ GOTY edition is $29.99 on Steam on sale. Cdkeys.com has it with their Black Friday code at $19.25. Doom (2017) , currently on sale on Steam at $14.99 while cdkeys (again with code) is at $7.19. Another concern is that some of us have bought steam credit aka steam cards or have amassed a decent steam balance, thus it is sad when I feel that I am not getting a "good deal".

for those that have Costco:

currently out of stock, but likely to come back as sale is until Dec 2. 60Hz refresh, but also would be a good choice for XBOX 1 X or PS 4 Pro.
https://www.costco.com/LG-27UD58-B-27%22-Ultra-HD-4K-Monitor.product.100316819.html

I believe MysterD got this last Black Friday. VA panel but good price for the size

https://www.costco.com/HP-Omen-32%22-QHD-Gaming-Monitor.product.100312359.html

I am also trying to decide if going LG ultrawide.
Yur mum always goes for my ultra wide... Always listen to yur mum...

bread's done
Back