Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
T

Yeah, I can see that being the case. The first world felt like an extended tutorial and I saw a lot of improvement by the end. I'm about 2 hours in and have gone from "What am I doing?" to "I think I know what I'm doing?", but I still have situations that leave me on the verge of madness. Still, the game does a good job of teaching you the mechanics by throwing you into progressively more difficult situations.

As far as games with gimmicky controls go, Snake Pass is more Octodad than I Am Bread (i.e. it's actually enjoyable).
The very first coin in the first stage took me like 20 tries, despite how easy it is.

By the end of the game, things that looks nearly impossible was very possible.

The very new control scheme and physics was a learning curve, but I had a lot of fun getting good at it.

Always a funny moment when you get all the collectibles, and the prize for beating the game is "vision to help you find collectibles"

T

The very first coin in the first stage took me like 20 tries, despite how easy it is.

By the end of the game, things that looks nearly impossible was very possible.

The very new control scheme and physics was a learning curve, but I had a lot of fun getting good at it.

Always a funny moment when you get all the collectibles, and the prize for beating the game is "vision to help you find collectibles"
I liked snake pass but i can't imagine spending the time on it to get all the collectibles

This is great to know considering the last six levels I've missed out on either one wisp or one coin.

I'm up to 3-3 I think and yeah, I've got the controls down pat. My problem was that in the first world, you never need to use grip. You can ignore it entirely and still climb everything and go just about everywhere important. Then you get to World 2 and it's suddenly essential for basic traversal. Once you get a hang of grip you can climb and descend like it's no big deal.

Still have some issues with the camera but other than that I'm really enjoying the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
for those who play Destiny 2, is it worth it to just play the base game or do u NEED the season pass?

I've never tried Destiny before.  Is it like Borderland or something?

for those who play Destiny 2, is it worth it to just play the base game or do u NEED the season pass?

I've never tried Destiny before. Is it like Borderland or something?
with each new dlc, the player is locked out of content like Trials of the 9 and Nightfalls, etc.

1 dlc has already been released so if you were to play the base game you would already be locked out of trials and nightfalls, etc.

This did not seem so predatory to me in destiny 1 because they impoved the game significantly with each dlc. Unfortunately, it seems worse in D2 so far.

The base game is therefore limited to just the initial story mode and 1st raid. You can play multiplayer, but you may be locked out of new maps (not sure). There is no ranked mode yet, but I am guessing that they will lock players out of that similar to Trials (my speculation).

I played a lot of Destiny 1 on ps4 and have skipped 2 on pc so far. With that said, the expansion pass may go on sale if bungie gets desperate since a lot of people seem to be dropping the game. I don't know, though. I hear D2 is a mixed bag and you shouldn't just take my word as gospel. Check out some videos and streams, or ask around a bit more here.

Anyway, if you know of a good sale going on feel free to post it. may be worth it even to me to give it a shot

I've only played like two hours. We bronighted it and the bros just basically helped me do the first parts of the story. I really liked the game a lot. I never played 1 and I'm not deep enough to say how the expansion pass affects us non-expansion players,but I was having a lot of fun. I liked it better than Borderlands from what I played, but it just looks really nice and the guns feel better.

It's like the next evolution of Borderlands. You still kill enemies for loot and EXP, but the graphics are better and the game is more serious (Bungie instead of Burch). They have cool raid events on each map, and you can choose attachments for your gear instead of them being randomized. They get away with that locking out bullshit because it's a good game.

Yeah, the AI in Forza is kind of cool in that try can wreck themselves.

If you want to keep trying you'll want to look at your assist.

Line: Full or Break (Start with full, it will help show you the typical fastest line around the track.)
Steering: Normal
Brake: ABS
Traction Control: Yes/On
Stability Control: Yes/On

Without looking that the ones I remember. Those setting dhould make the car more stable and easier to control and therefor much quicker.

Also some of the cars really aren't equal if your struggling in the race try the others. Be aggressive going into the first turn in short races you really don't have allot of time to pass the whole pack one car at a time.

Don't hesitate to use the rewind feature. You'really learning and taking that turn again can be a better learning experience than doing the whole lap.

Hope that helps!
I took another stab at it last night and scraped by in sixth place. After playing with it a bit more, I decided to pull the trigger.

In case anyone else is interested, MS is having a sale on Apex Premium (Win 10) for $4.24 plus tax.

So Agents of Mayhem finally hit 75% off for the base game ($9.99) and 71% off for the Complete Pack ($19.60).

I'm really tempted to finally pick this up, but part of me feels this is gonna be in a Humble Bundle really, really soon.

So Agents of Mayhem finally hit 75% off for the base game ($9.99) and 71% off for the Complete Pack ($19.60).

I'm really tempted to finally pick this up, but part of me feels this is gonna be in a Humble Bundle really, really soon.
I guess it depends on:

1. Will you play right away? If yes, go to 2, if no, don't buy.

2. How much THQ stuff do you have? If everything/alot go to 3, if not a lot/nothing maybe wait for a bundle.

3. How much Steam wallet do you have? If alot, buy now, if none, it just depends on whether you think THQ bundle repeats will be worth enough to resell and lower your costs once this is bundled.

personally i wouldn't bother...it's ten bucks less than 6 months after release. There's a decent chance it's bundled or part of some better deal, if not it'll be ten bucks again in the summer sale (and maybe by next winter it'll have a msrp reduction to 30 and with 75% off it'll be 7.50). Not to mention it was panned in reviews

of course if you're really dying to play it knock yourself out

y no wen

mED8zJn.png

It's like the next evolution of Borderlands. You still kill enemies for loot and EXP, but the graphics are better and the game is more serious (Bungie instead of Burch). They have cool raid events on each map, and you can choose attachments for your gear instead of them being randomized. They get away with that locking out bullshit because it's a good game.
Borderlands series at least has an offline mode option. That game can be played offline or online.

Lol there was a buy 2 get one free used games sale on gamestop a week ago...the games I bought just came in the mail.

One of the games I opened up and there was the wrong game in there.

All three of the games when I pop in, my wii u says "invalid disc." I put in a few other games to make sure it's the discs and not a hardware issue...my other games work

So they sent 3 games that don't work and one of the games is the incorrect game

Good job gamestop 

and good job my peasant self for deciding to buy from them

Lol there was a buy 2 get one free used games sale on gamestop a week ago...the games I bought just came in the mail.

All three of the games when I pop in, my wii u says "invalid disc." I put in a few other games to make sure it's the discs and not a hardware issue...my other games work

Good job gamestop

Are you a PUR member? You get priority working discs if you are.

Good job gamestop

Ordering online from Gamestop is a shitshow. If you have to buy from gamestop, I'd do it in store so you can check the discs for scratches first, and if they come with the correct games or not. You will lose part of your soul from entering a Gamestop though, so this all depends on how much your soul is worth to you

Ordering online from Gamestop is a shitshow. If you have to buy from gamestop, I'd do it in store so you can check the discs for scratches first, and if they come with the correct games or not. You will lose part of your soul from entering a Gamestop though, so this all depends on how much your soul is worth to you
i normally never buy from them but the 2/1 deal for some wii u games was actually a pretty good deal. that was beyond a shitshow though. i'll have to go to a gamestop to see about a replacement/refund tomorrow

What is this Xbone you speak of?!?!
It's when you get screwed by buying Microsoft products.

"Oh hey we changed the setup from last gen, you can't just be on a console with the game installed, you have to own the rights to play it as well."
"All your physical games have to be installed, and patches are like 20GB. Hope you don't have a bandwidth cap lel."

"We got rid of a lot of menus to make it easier to use, while also getting rid of a lot of features. But Cortana's cool, right?"
"Hey you liked the Xbox One, cool. The Xbox One S is even better though! You liked the One S? The One X is EVEN BETTUR DOE!!! Give us $500 the 4K is EVIN BEDUR NAO!"

Most of the Close Combat games have been relisted on GOG. The only one missing is the original. GOG says they're exclusive to them.

"Big" discount if you buy them all right now (65%) but the base price is way to gigh.

https://www.gog.com/game/close_combat_2_a_bridge_too_far

Anyhow, great series, or, well, the first two were great when I played them back in the day. Glad to see them up for sale again. Curious as to why the first is missing.

New Chrono Coin shop games:

Butcher - 4K (42% claimed)

Gone Home - 10K (32% claimed)

Best selection in decades.  GO GO GO!

I like how MS console naming has come full circle with the X Box One X (XBOX).
Wouldn't full circle be Xobx or Xbox 720 or something? I mean, calling the first one "Xbox" was okay, because, heck, you have to call it something, but since then it seems like one of those ridiculous decisions-by-committee for each subsequent generation. At least Sony's naming scheme has generally been coherent.

It's when you get screwed by buying Microsoft products.

"Oh hey we changed the setup from last gen, you can't just be on a console with the game installed, you have to own the rights to play it as well."
"All your physical games have to be installed, and patches are like 20GB. Hope you don't have a bandwidth cap lel."

"We got rid of a lot of menus to make it easier to use, while also getting rid of a lot of features. But Cortana's cool, right?"
"Hey you liked the Xbox One, cool. The Xbox One S is even better though! You liked the One S? The One X is EVEN BETTUR DOE!!! Give us $500 the 4K is EVIN BEDUR NAO!"
Speaking as someone who hasn't owned any Microsoft consoles before the S, I rather like it.

Wouldn't full circle be Xobx or Xbox 720 or something? I mean, calling the first one "Xbox" was okay, because, heck, you have to call it something, but since then it seems like one of those ridiculous decisions-by-committee for each subsequent generation. At least Sony's naming scheme has generally been coherent.
I don't know... I don't care enough about my joke to think about it that hard.

Speaking as someone who hasn't owned any Microsoft consoles before the S, I rather like it.

Actually, DD83 is correct. Full circle is returning back to the original name, which they technically did with X Box One X. Solid joke.

xobx? Reversing it?

Xbox 720? Doubling it? The 360 wasn't even the original Xbox.

You're slipping, Warreni.

Xbox -> 360 -> XBOX. Guess next one will be Xbox One X Box One X.

Actually, DD83 is correct. Full circle is returning back to the original name, which they technically did with X Box One X. Solid joke.

xobx? Reversing it?

Xbox 720? Doubling it? The 360 wasn't even the original Xbox.

You're slipping, Warreni.
TIL I have people to think hard about my shitty jokes.

Xbox -> 360 -> XBOX. Guess next one will be Xbox One X Box One X.
I hope they name the next one X Box One X Circle so it can be XBOX360.

I like how MS console naming has come full circle with the X Box One X (XBOX).

Do Steam loyalists live in caves or someting? "your joke" was common discussion from last June.

Yep, never doubt the stupidity or wilful ignorance of consumers. You have to be careful with your branding because it will be confusing to people who don't care. They commonly think things like "What's the difference between the Wii U and the Wii? I already own a Wii so I don't need that." As well as "Why would I want the Xbox One X for $499 when I can buy the Xbox One S is $199 and its smaller?".

Keep things in simple numerical sequence or else you need to re-brand them completely. Otherwise the idiot Gamestop shoppers won't understand. "Honey we need iPhone 10s because we have 7s".

Can't wait for the X Box One X 1X to come out in 2025, I bet Netflix will run like a dream on it.

finally beat Zodiac Age. i went to How Long to Beat to see how long it would take and main story is 40 hours. but i guess with the money and license points cheats they give you and the 4x speed mod, i finished in 23. Thanks Square Enix for not wasting my time!!!

finally beat Zodiac Age. i went to How Long to Beat to see how long it would take and main story is 40 hours. but i guess with the money and license points cheats they give you and the 4x speed mod, i finished in 23. Thanks Square Enix for not wasting my time!!!
ffxiifists.gif

bread's done
Back