Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Is there a site or resource that compiles which games allow key binding from in game menu?

I know that there are a lot of sites that compile data on pc games like steam prices or even # of people playing.

I noticed that a lot of games from last gen and even some from this gen only allow WASD and additional set keys around it. I keyboard with right hand so i need to re-map keys. I don't really like changing ini files and the like. And even then, weird stuff can happen like keys resetting or just not working

I can usually find info from google searching individual games but sometimes come up short. Other times key mapping is added later like diablo 3.
Have you tried using one of those input remapping programs? Wonder if it would let you do it for most games? I saw they have a few keyboard ones.

I used to be big about putting hot sauce on everything.

I stopped when I got older.

It was a bit weird finally being able to taste certain things.

Like a good burger or steak.

mass effect Andromeda is $9.99 at amazon.

Have you tried using one of those input remapping programs? Wonder if it would let you do it for most games? I saw they have a few keyboard ones.
thanks. i have seen a few of those. i'll try one.

PCGamingWiki mentions whether a game allows key remapping, although I'm not sure if they'll specify whether the remapping is limited in the event that it is.
awesome! thanks.

I used to be big about putting hot sauce on everything.

I stopped when I got older.

It was a bit weird finally being able to taste certain things.

Like a good burger or steak.
You're always supposed to taste the food before putting anything on it. I never understand people who start putting salt and pepper on shit before even tasting it. Hot sauce is good on certain things consistently. Fried eggs (but i don't put any other seasoning on them) with some Tabasco. Cheese pizza with tabasco. Any pizze with red pepper flakes and parmesan. Not huge on putting hot sauce on burgers or steaks, but A-1 with Tabasco is the best.

Is there a site or resource that compiles which games allow key binding from in game menu? ...
You might be able to just remap your entire keyboard with something like KeyTweak. Like literally remap the actual keys WASD to IJKL or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're always supposed to taste the food before putting anything on it. I never understand people who start putting salt and pepper on shit before even tasting it. Hot sauce is good on certain things consistently. Fried eggs (but i don't put any other seasoning on them) with some Tabasco. Cheese pizza with tabasco. Any pizze with red pepper flakes and parmesan. Not huge on putting hot sauce on burgers or steaks, but A-1 with Tabasco is the best.
I hear what you're typing, and I let you finish (cause it's the internet and you had to finish before sending), but with as much hot sauce as I put on stuff there was no point in tasting before because it just tasted like hot sauce. There was probably 10 years of my life where all I ate was differently shaped things that tasted like I was drinking hot sauce right from the bottle.

I'm just not big on any condiments anymore.

I hear what you're typing, and I let you finish (cause it's the internet and you had to finish before sending), but with as much hot sauce as I put on stuff there was no point in tasting before because it just tasted like hot sauce. There was probably 10 years of my life where all I ate was differently shaped things that tasted like I was drinking hot sauce right from the bottle.

I'm just not big on any condiments anymore.
crustal.hot_.sauce_.ice_.cream_.7390.jpg

I just saw Woot sell 16GB of DDR4 Corsair Vengeance for $99.99. Brand New and fulfilled by Amazon. If you've been watching RAM prices you know how insane that price is. It was a woot off so it's sold out, but might be worth keeping an eye out during the day in case they have similar deals.

I just saw Woot sell 16GB of DDR4 Corsair Vengeance for $99.99. Brand New and fulfilled by Amazon. If you've been watching RAM prices you know how insane that price is. It was a woot off so it's sold out, but might be worth keeping an eye out during the day in case they have similar deals.
Any Woot's on Jack's Pizza? Asking for a friend.....

Hey at least it has the original 16bit sprite graphics.  The Steam (mobile) versions of FF5 and FF6 are abominations that should be put out of their misery.  Watching the video I see they fucked with the font, that status info box, and added those HP bars.   Still, it looks like a decent treatment compared to previous ones. 

More like unhancements.

Also Far Cry 5 will be bundled with AMDs, so expect cheap codes. 

On other news, no Steam achievements like with AC Origins :(

I'd be happier if Square Enix had just repackaged the SNES rom in an emulator and sold that for $15. Sometimes the laziest thing to do is also the best.
I think releasing the mobile port on steam is lazier than wrapping the rom into an emulator and selling it. They'd have to get the rights to the emulator or create their own.

H: Friendship
W: Friend to share my Jacks pizza with
Hmmmm...

I like Jacks... But I hate people...

EDIT:

Wait a minute...

What kind of weirdo can share a Jacks pizza? Those things are so thin, the whole thing is about as filling as a Totinos Party Pizza.

Hmmmm...

I like Jacks... But I hate people...

EDIT:

Wait a minute...

What kind of weirdo can share a Jacks pizza? Those things are so thin, the whole thing is about as filling as a Totinos Party Pizza.
And why do they call it a Party Pizza since you can't share it?

I finally beat HL2 and WOW! Probably the best FPS I've ever played. I bought Portal 2 for $1.99 on the latest steam sale so will play that after HL2 ep 1 and 2. I played all of HL2 with screen tearing and I really don't want to start the expansions with tearing so I have tried for over an hour but after a lot of research, I still have screen tearing. I started Ep 1 and turned V sync on and off and put the resolution to it's lowest possible setting but screen tearing remains. I went into my intel display thing and turned it off and on(I think) but screen tearing remains. I made sure my Intel 620 was up to date. I've even switched to computer on my TV, still screen tearing. Any ideas at all or am I doomed to play games with screen tearing? My laptop is Lenovo ideapad 110

I finally beat HL2 and WOW! Probably the best FPS I've ever played. I bought Portal 2 for $1.99 on the latest steam sale so will play that after HL2 ep 1 and 2. I played all of HL2 with screen tearing and I really don't want to start the expansions with tearing so I have tried for over an hour but after a lot of research, I still have screen tearing. I started Ep 1 and turned V sync on and off and put the resolution to it's lowest possible setting but screen tearing remains. I went into my intel display thing and turned it off and on(I think) but screen tearing remains. I made sure my Intel 620 was up to date. I've even switched to computer on my TV, still screen tearing. Any ideas at all or am I doomed to play games with screen tearing? My laptop is Lenovo ideapad 110
Did you try this stuff:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/70/discussions/0/135511655650047854/

Using any sort of integrated graphics, you're likely in for a lot of issues. You really should be running games w/ dedicated graphics cards from either NVidia or AMD.

A lot of games are either built for 30fps, 60fps, or intervals of 30 (i.e. 90, 120, etc).

Usually, you're safest w/ those framerates.

Did you ever try using a FPS capping program and try to lock the FPS to either 30fps or 60fps?

MSI Afterburner can cap it like such.

You should check and see if you can use commands in either INI files or the in-game console to limit FPS as well.

Using any sort of integrated graphics, you're likely in for a lot of issues. You really should be running games w/ dedicated graphics cards from either NVidia or AMD.
Are you kidding? It's Half-Life 2. From 12 years ago (for Episode 1). It should run on a shoe.

The 620 can get 60-80 fps in CS:GO @ 720p so I'm guessing it should do fine for older Source engine games. Granted, decade old games are about ALL it's going to run well but HL2 shouldn't be what trips it up.

Are you kidding? It's Half-Life 2. From 12 years ago (for Episode 1). It should run on a shoe.

The 620 can get 60-80 fps in CS:GO @ 720p so I'm guessing it should do fine for older Source engine games. Granted, decade old games are about ALL it's going to run well but HL2 shouldn't be what trips it up.
Sure, a potato can run it - but It's just much easier to manipulate and deal w/ other weirdness factors (graphical tears, physics issues, performance drops/rises, etc) when you're using a decent AMD card or Nvidia card and their software.

NVidia Inspector and NVidia Control Panel are both very useful. NVidia Inspector can literally set specific framerates you want. Sometimes, MSI Afterburner and other programs just don't get along with games and you can't use those, but Inspector will normally work.

Also...you can also use NVidia CP or Inspector to say override in-game settings. You could say force VSync Off, VSync on (at 60fps), go 1/2 Refresh on Vsync (with 30fps synced). You can even use NVidia's own FastSync, if need be - which can really help get better performance and be more useful than VSync (as long as FastSync doesn't have graphical weirdness - since it can have issues w/ displaying stuff, since it uses a mix of no-sync and some syncing).

Sure, a potato can run it - but It's just much easier to manipulate and deal w/ other weirdness factors (graphical tears, physics issues, performance drops/rises, etc) when you're using a decent AMD card or Nvidia card and their software.
Awesome idea. Next, be sure to explain how to install that card into a small budget laptop.

ACK-tually, I'm pretty sure most shoes can't run it. However, with my highly advanced shoe designed by spoderlabs you can use it as a portable gaming handheld with a built in 7 inch AMOLED screen and tegra processor. With my shoe you can now play Half-Life 2! Preorder now before it flies off of shelves.

ACK-tually, I'm pretty sure most shoes can't run it. However, with my highly advanced shoe designed by spoderlabs you can use it as a portable gaming handheld with a built in 7 inch AMOLED screen and tegra processor. With my shoe you can now play Half-Life 2! Preorder now before it flies off of shelves.
How much it cost?

I heard it comes bundled with a free copy of Gravel, good deel since the spoderlabs shoe only costs $1. I ordered one, will let you guys know when I get my free copy of Gravel.

"Simple" =/= "Intelligent"

Anyway, Freeze Time may want to check out the Reddit for /lowendgaming if he's still having troubles that Fox's suggestion don't fix or just for general advice on what are some good games to play.  From a quick scan of the front page, Far Cry 2 may be something to try if you like shooters.

Anyway, Freeze Time may want to check out the Reddit for /lowendgaming if he's still having troubles that Fox's suggestion don't fix or just for general advice on what are some good games to play. From a quick scan of the front page, Far Cry 2 may be something to try if you like shooters.
FC2 is good and disappointing, suffering from a lot of the cut + paste issues that plagued AC1; especially on the side-quests.

FC2 is nowhere as great as FC3.

bread's done
Back