Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Reigns strikes me better as a mobile game. In other words, it's not quite as repetitive if you just play a quick game or two while sitting on the throne.
As soon as I read nitrosmob's review, I thought the same thing. But it's not bad on PC as long as you don't go in expecting too much. I liked Reigns for the humor. And I've only found a few games that are just as fun on PC as they are on Android. Crowntakers and Space Grunts are a few examples of games that are equally engrossing on both platforms.

Since Valve last released a single player game...

- Skyrim and Fallout 4 both released, and Bethesda's next open world title is expected to be announced at E3, and if it is, will likely release before the year is over

- The Wii U completed its life cycle and its replacement has been out for over a year

- Two console Legend of Zelda games were released

- Diablo 3, Hearthstone, and Overwatch all released, in addition to 4 WoW expansions and 2 Starcraft 2 expansions

- Seven (!!!) main series games, three collections, two spin offs, and some mobile games in the Assassin's Creed series have released

- Two Mass Effect games have released

- Dark Souls 1-3 and Bloodborne have all released

- Beamdog has released enhanced editions of BG 1 and 2, Icewind Dale, Planescape, and Neverwinter Nights, in addition to developing their own game (Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear)

- Witcher 2 and 3 have come out, and there are strong signs cdprojektred will show Cyberpunk 2077 at E3

- Obsidian has released Dungeon Siege 3, Pillars of Eternity and its DLC, South Park: the Stick of Truth, Tyranny, and Pillars of Eternity 2

- Borderlands 2 and BLTPS have released, there are rumors BL3 will be revealed at E3

- Far Cry 3, 4, Primal, and 5 have released

- Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider have released, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is supposed to release this Fall

- Darksiders 2 released, THQ went bankrupt, the rights to Darksiders was sold, there was fear it would be no longer worked on due to the dissolution of THQ, and a new Darksiders was announced

- Deus Ex HR, Thief reboot, and Deus Ex MD were all released

- Dishonored 1 and 2, Wolfenstein the New Order, Old Blood, and New Colossus were all released

Basically yeah all valve has done is make steam sales progressively shittier despite having ample time to do something. It's kind of mind blowing all the stuff that's occurred while Valve has just putzed around and made failing products like Steam machines and the Steam controller

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Valve last released a single player game...

[...]
Basically yeah all valve has done is make steam sales progressively shittier despite having ample time to do something. It's kind of mind blowing all the stuff that's occurred while Valve has just putzed around and made failing products like Steam machines and the Steam controller
Well! I see that SOMEONE refuses to credit Valve with keeping their DOTA2 servers plugged in, doing basic maintenance, the occasional 'special event' and cranking out new hats and gun skins for their games!

^ That. And it looks like some 2deep4u semi-VR shallow adventure game experience.

Anyone still expecting Valve to release games is old or a dumbass, but likely both. Old dumbasses.
I don't know if I necessarily expected them to rather than surprised they didn't put forth the relatively minimal effort it would have taken to produce another Portal or L4D sequel. Especially given how little changed in those sequels, respectively. L4D2 wasn't much more than a glorified mod for L4D.

^ That. And it looks like some 2deep4u semi-VR shallow adventure game experience.

I don't know if I necessarily expected them to rather than surprised they didn't put forth the relatively minimal effort it would have taken to produce another Portal or L4D sequel. Especially given how little changed in those sequels, respectively. L4D2 wasn't much more than a glorified mod for L4D.
You've answered your own question. Would a Source engine game cut it from a AAA developer? Not anymore. That shit old. I think they're working on Source 2. Maybe if that ever gets done, but at this point Source is just for mods.

TF2 Titanfall 2 was Source tho and is still fairly recent.

Though I wonder if there's anything of Source left. (Might be mix of S1/S2 considering it has some S2 features)

Valve bought it from Campo Santo tho.
I didn't realize TF2 was Source. I'm impressed. And I knew about Campo Santo being bought out, but we all know that's their game and Valve is only there in name. People want a Valve developed game.

Remember when all of Cliff Bleszinski's games were suppose to change gaming?

Yeah about that

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/996094237795143681

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/996092708971274245

Remember when all of Cliff Bleszinski's games were suppose to change gaming?

Yeah about that

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/996094237795143681

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/996092708971274245
I'd like to think CliffyB dreamt big and the world wasn't big enough (or smart enough) for those dreams.

unknown.png

RIP your moneys.

According to a 2015 interview, his original intention was to retire permanently. "It was a combination of gamers feeling jaded, as well as working with some very talented people who were also very jaded," Bleszinski told Destructoid. "I could pitch the most amazing idea to anybody back when I was at Epic toward the end, and they'd be like 'I don't buy it,'" he further added.
Did he pitch Lawbreakers and Radical Heights? Because nobody bought those either.

jad·ed
ˈjādəd/
adjective
tired, bored, or lacking enthusiasm, typically after having had too much of something.

Gears_of_War_logo.PNG

Gears_of_War_2_Game_Cover.jpg

Gears_of_War_3_box_artwork.png

Gears_of_War-_Judgment_cover.jpg

Gears_of_War_4.jpg

...Yup.
I know he only did 1-3, but still.

Still waiting for Cliffy B to pitch that open-world Unreal game he wanted to do, years ago...

https://www.pcgamer.com/cliff-bleszinski-reddit-ama/

EDIT:

jad·ed
ˈjādəd/
adjective
tired, bored, or lacking enthusiasm, typically after having had too much of something.

Gears_of_War_logo.PNG

Gears_of_War_2_Game_Cover.jpg

Gears_of_War_3_box_artwork.png

Gears_of_War-_Judgment_cover.jpg

Gears_of_War_4.jpg

...Yup.
I know he only did 1-3, but still.
Still waiting for Gears 2,3 & Judgment to get PC ports.

And hope Gears 5 is coming.

And some shit

C0NM9-GR53C-GW5T2
NYT8K-Q7NTR-2EXIW
E79ER-6KMI4-6W2RD
2V052-ZG3AT-YEFE4
K5L8I-9K63N-3VL43
0707Q-42TDK-FDI3N
K3I0A-725KB-0MXGM
HBIZQ-IECV4-DHD6P

maybe not shit, I dunno