Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I never played the newer Splinter Cell games, so I can't comment on them. I even got one free with a graphics card purchase at one point lol.

Also on another random note I just got a 25% off code for GMG for not shopping with them for a while. YMMV if you get one too. I think I last bought stuff around the holiday sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was disappointed w/ both Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Conviction. While I still liked both - eh, they both had some issues IMHO. Not the best ones in the franchise.

It appears to be a leaked advert (be it paper or website) for upcoming/preorder games. I expect most/all of them to be announced at E3 which is only a month away. That said, I'm sure RAGE 2 is probably a year from release.
Prediction:

Rage 2

October 26th, 2018

Prediction:

Rage 2

October 26th, 2018
photo-486896.png

It appears to be a leaked advert (be it paper or website) for upcoming/preorder games. I expect most/all of them to be announced at E3 which is only a month away. That said, I'm sure RAGE 2 is probably a year from release.
Eh, not necessarily. At least twice in the last 3 years Bethesda has announced and released games in the same year (Fallout 4 in 2015, The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein II in 2017). So I could see RAGE 2 being announced at E3 and released by the end of the year.

Yeah Bethesda is good about it, and it's nice to see that. I wish other companies would do the same thing. I mean I know people were frothing at the mouth for the FF7 remake....but who knows when the heck that episodic game will even release one episode. A year out is fine for me also, but I hate reveals that are years out. I know people love them, but I just forget about things until they release anyway, to not hype myself up for disappointment.

TESO Summerset pre-order is part of the new batch of voucher deals on razer store. It seems to include base game and (as a pre-order bonus) morrowind chapter. Plus some stuff

TESO Summerset pre-order is part of the new batch of voucher deals on razer store. It seems to include base game and (as a pre-order bonus) morrowind chapter. Plus some stuff
They also have Dying Light Enhanced Edition for $18, which would be an historic low.

y i no when Indiegala glitch

Eh, not necessarily. At least twice in the last 3 years Bethesda has announced and released games in the same year (Fallout 4 in 2015, The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein II in 2017). So I could see RAGE 2 being announced at E3 and released by the end of the year.
It's possible but would surprise me since they weren't any kind of leaks or hints about RAGE 2 up until the other day. Would be nice, though. I would even consider 30% off'ing it depending on the changes they made. RAGE was very solid... which is surprising for me to say for a AAA game these days.

It's possible but would surprise me since they weren't any kind of leaks or hints about RAGE 2 up until the other day. Would be nice, though. I would even consider 30% off'ing it depending on the changes they made. RAGE was very solid... which is surprising for me to say for a AAA game these days.
Yeah, RAGE was actually a pretty decent game. Never did finish it though so I just re-installed it and will probably play through it again (along with the Scorchers DLC I never touched).

Stories: The Path to Destinies is currently free to own on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/439190/Stories_The_Path_of_Destinies/
Thanks for the heads up on this. Never did get around to buying the game and it looked kind of interesting.

I've yet to play Elder Scrolls Online, so I dunno if it's dumb to grab the pre-order to get Morrowind and Summerset for like $19 after voucher on the razer game store, but I kind of want another MMORPG to play a little after Black Desert Online became annoying due to having perhaps the worlds worst servers. (Seriously, it should not take 3-4 attempts just to be able to log in.)

Stories is buried somewhere deep in my backlog to, though I'd picked it up when Gamestop was clearancing out the steelbook indie games... so the bad deal that Stories turned out to be is balanced by Axiom Verge still being a good deal.

I've yet to play Elder Scrolls Online, so I dunno if it's dumb to grab the pre-order to get Morrowind and Summerset for like $19 after voucher on the razer game store, but I kind of want another MMORPG to play a little after Black Desert Online became annoying due to having perhaps the worlds worst servers. (Seriously, it should not take 3-4 attempts just to be able to log in.)
I ordered ESO TU back on July 24, 2017. Ain't touched it since purchasing it.

I was doing better of actually touching this game before that, back when it had some Free Weekends offered-up.

UPDATE:

Hello good people!  It has been a while since I posted - not worries, I'm still alive!  So I just wanted to come in and share some of my most recent PC discoveries.  I swear this thing just keeps getting better. 

1. I'm on a spending freeze - DAMMIT the price of PC games are a gift and a curse.  I've purchased games for what I thought were SUPER LOW prices only for that same game to be on sale on a different website for maybe a dollar or 50 cents lower.  It's the CAG in me that gets inflamed whenever this happens.

2. Since purchasing an Apple TV 4K, I have learned that my high speed monoprice HDMI cables from 2016 .were not the best for 4K 4:4:4.  So I went back to monoprice and purchased these:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15427

Doing this got me to thinking if it would make a difference with my PC to TV issue, yes I have actually been having an issue with this - there is EXTREME frame tearing when running Wolfenstein 2 in 4K on high or ultra settings, Batman Arkham Knight had tearing issues that could only be solved when I turned on V-Sync, etc.  Low and behold the new cable helped but only in part.  It relieved some of the issues - for a moment I couldn't figure out why my television was only displaying at 4K 30p.  Then I did some more research and I figured how to customize the Nvidia card to be more optimized for games.  This, was such a game changer!  NO MORE SCREEN TEARING - I can run Wolfenstein II on 4K 60 fps with no issues!!  :D/

3.  So after a week of playing and finishing God of War (de-throned Mafia from number 1 on my greatest games of all time list) I decided to start back on my Witcher journey, first playing 2 and then 3.  I started to play the first but boy is it quite rough.  So I loaded up The Witcher 2 for the first time on my PC and my jaw dropped to the floor.  Mind you the last time I played this game was on the Xbox One which, now that I played some of this game on the PC, does not do it justice.  There are so many small details present in the PC version that is absent in the Xbox version like during the tutorial when Geralt has to wait until the morning to enter the tournament: One the Xbox it just looks like a brighter night while one PC version it actually looks like dawn with the sun light in the distance shining through the trees.

PC is a gamers dream - I don't know why it took me so long to make the switch.

Free Games:

Spooky Cats - 4DL70-K4KVI-HX50N
Vaccine War - 4G8CP-QTI77-3A3XE
Fear of Clowns - AQV35-WN9TD-CHHMH
#monstercakes - ANH9E-4B2Y8-M85XX
Discouraged Workers TEEN - AJYIH-TK05P-92K3A
Wordlase - AMKXR-DBEJJ-TCZXC
Pivot Pilot - AMBH6-6CG5I-P6AB4
Spectre - 8R2V9-C76FX-EIXRI
Graveyard Shift - 6XDDD-CAAE2-VF7RW
Wondershot - 88M3A-AF2KN-TGIA7

:wave:

Free Games:

Spooky Cats - 4DL70-K4KVI-HX50N
Vaccine War - 4G8CP-QTI77-3A3XE
Fear of Clowns - AQV35-WN9TD-CHHMH
#monstercakes - ANH9E-4B2Y8-M85XX
Discouraged Workers TEEN - AJYIH-TK05P-92K3A
Wordlase - AMKXR-DBEJJ-TCZXC
Pivot Pilot - AMBH6-6CG5I-P6AB4
Spectre - 8R2V9-C76FX-EIXRI
Graveyard Shift - 6XDDD-CAAE2-VF7RW
Wondershot - 88M3A-AF2KN-TGIA7

:wave:
Thanks, I grabbed Spooky Cats and Pivot Pilot.

3. So after a week of playing and finishing God of War (de-throned Mafia from number 1 on my greatest games of all time list) I decided to start back on my Witcher journey, first playing 2 and then 3. I started to play the first but boy is it quite rough. So I loaded up The Witcher 2 for the first time on my PC and my jaw dropped to the floor. Mind you the last time I played this game was on the Xbox One which, now that I played some of this game on the PC, does not do it justice. There are so many small details present in the PC version that is absent in the Xbox version like during the tutorial when Geralt has to wait until the morning to enter the tournament: One the Xbox it just looks like a brighter night while one PC version it actually looks like dawn with the sun light in the distance shining through the trees.

PC is a gamers dream - I don't know why it took me so long to make the switch.
Just wait until you start witcher 3 cranked to max. It will be glorious.

3. So after a week of playing and finishing God of War (de-throned Mafia from number 1 on my greatest games of all time list) I decided to start back on my Witcher journey, first playing 2 and then 3. I started to play the first but boy is it quite rough. So I loaded up The Witcher 2 for the first time on my PC and my jaw dropped to the floor.
Mafia 1 was great, back when it came out. Its character and storytelling back in its time was excellent. Combat for its time was solid by standards then, but deep (i.e. shooting exact locations on a car like a gas tank was how to blow it up) - but it might be considered a bit clunky by today's standards.

About Witcher 1 - seriously, you should play that game. Yeah, it does take about 3-4 hours before it really gets going and all - but you should stick with it. Its gets better, as you go along. It is a slow burn and all, especially early on. Its combat system is KB/mouse-orientated, but much different than most. You have to time your attacks, when you click and what skills you use. Sure, its combat is for sure clunky by today's standards - but again, if you love story & character development...this is a game you really should stick with; it's great here.

Witcher 2 is great, until the last chapter IMHO. It really drops the ball w/ the story stuff and that whole area/chapter feels rushed; especially compared to the rest of the game. It really does feel like the last chapter of W2 is a huge set-up for a sequel, which of course winded up being W3.

I've never understood the dislike for the last chapter of witcher 2. It does end the game with a bunch of stuff up in the air, but not really any cliffhangers and sets up pretty good for witcher 3.

I usually only play through a game once and move on due to my ever increasing backlog, but witcher 2 is one of the few games I've played through twice. It's pretty neat being on both sides of the siege in the second chapter and there are several different choices you can make in the last chapter as well.

So if you pre order Summerset from Razer, do you also get the Morrowind expansion or just Summerset ?
"

• Pre-purchase Standard Edition and receive The Queen’s Bounty Pack pre-order bonus content, plus get instant access to The Elder Scrolls Online base game as well as a bonus copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Chapter, and the Nightmare Senche Mount."

Right there in the description.....

So if you pre order Summerset from Razer, do you also get the Morrowind expansion or just Summerset ?
If you pre-order Summerset digitally from any storefront, you're supposed to get Morrowind for free.

For a limited-time only, digital pre-purchases will also immediately receive full access to the Morrowind Chapter as a bonus.

(source)

I've never understood the dislike for the last chapter of witcher 2. It does end the game with a bunch of stuff up in the air, but not really any cliffhangers and sets up pretty good for witcher 3.

I usually only play through a game once and move on due to my ever increasing backlog, but witcher 2 is one of the few games I've played through twice. It's pretty neat being on both sides of the siege in the second chapter and there are several different choices you can make in the last chapter as well.
The way they left the final battle and just ended the game straight-up was "meh." All of the build-up about Yennifer, Wild Hunt, and whatnot - it's mentioned quite a bit in W2 and set-up for that...and you run into none of that until Witcher 3.

The original W2 ending(s) ([yes, I had the game on pre-order and had it day of release] didn't have extra ending slides/multiple endings until much later. Other RPG's games w/ decisions throughout the game (from both some main and some side quests) normally do - think Fallout series, Arcanum, NWN: Hordes, etc etc. It also took complaints of not getting ending slides based off our decisions throughout the game to get them to fix and add the game's lack of different permutations/endings to give us all of that.

"

• Pre-purchase Standard Edition and receive The Queen’s Bounty Pack pre-order bonus content, plus get instant access to The Elder Scrolls Online base game as well as a bonus copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Chapter, and the Nightmare Senche Mount."

Right there in the description.....

If you pre-order Summerset digitally from any storefront, you're supposed to get Morrowind for free.
Thanks guys, read the description and completely missed that.

Edit. Bought it hoping to get separate keys, but you only get the one key for Summerset (all bonuses included with that code)

Anyone know if the Razer exclusives include the Deluxe Edition of games? For example, if I purchase Project Cars 2 Deluxe will I get the $15 store voucher? Or is it only for the version listed on their exclusives page?

Anyone know if the Razer exclusives include the Deluxe Edition of games? For example, if I purchase Project Cars 2 Deluxe will I get the $15 store voucher? Or is it only for the version listed on their exclusives page?
Only what is explicitly listed. Dumb, I know, but some people got burned by that during Week One.

Massive changes?  I doubt it.  At least, I won't consider a Steam redesign or more hokey VR/steam controller/niche hardware junk a massive change.  For the last decade or so GabeN has been the Howard Hughes of the game industry.  Nothing to really point towards other than stockpiles of cash and half-baked ideas in some odd attempt to be on the cutting edge of what he thinks gaming will be 5/10/15/20/50 years from now.  And yet gaming -- and the way people play games on PC -- has pretty much stayed the same with only slight alterations over that same time period.  I'd say the only major change has been the rise of the awful free-to-play model (which obviously Valve has fully embraced).

And while this makes companies like Valve richer, it is of little practical result to the vast majority of gamers.  Years have past and still VR isn't really an established thing beyond maybe 10% of the gaming populace.  I daresay less than 1% use a Steam controller.  This is what happens when you have a privately-held company that has endless financial resources: there is zero pressure to produce anything tangible.

Hell, they can't even be bothered to put minimal effort into producing Portal 3 or Left4Dead 3.  By the time Artifact releases it'll be two or three years behind the digital TCG curve.  Even now Hearthstone's popularity is waning.  It's lost a number of key developers and they bend over backwards to get people into the game adding better value for preorders and pushing more gold to keep F2P people happy.  You don't do those things unless you're losing money.

I can't get excited or hyped for any news surrounding Valve anymore.  I will believe it when I see a finished game that is not some derivative of an existing F2P cash cow.

Only what is explicitly listed. Dumb, I know, but some people got burned by that during Week One.
Thanks for the info! That's what I was worried about. I'm new to the PC crowd and just made my first Razer purchase last week.

On a side note, anyone here with an Oculus play Project Cars 2 in VR?

Mooby's gonna Mooby but, in this case, Mooby ain't wrong.  Probably the most impact Valve/Steam has had in gaming for the last 5 years is assisting in the proliferation of loot crates and microtransactions.

Hey don't diss on Hearthstone, I want to be kept happy as a F2P player. A digital TCG isn't something I'd ever want to spend $1000 on, so the 3-4 packs I get by doing quests is the only way I get new cards. It's more noteworthy to me to work for the cards in-game than spend my real-world money in a P2W scheme with the chance of getting something beneficial. Still haven't gotten these login bonuses for Witchwood, by the way...

F2P Hearthstone is an illusion. Realistically speaking you could spend $100 on an expansion and even if you focused on one deck and dusted everything else to get it at the end you'd have ... one deck. The game is realistically a $400+ a year game to remotely keep up with and enjoy multiple decks/build types and actually fully enjoy the game. It's a great game if you can afford it. But it's also just really good at making you feel like you're having fun doing F2P when the F2P aspects (Arena, Dungeon Run, Tavern Brawls) actually really lack depth compared to the constructed game. 

I'm the latter type who doesn't want or need to invest as much capital as the average meta player to still have fun playing competitively, though. While it's true that losing is almost guaranteed, the impression that beating or even being close to beating someone who bought $400 worth of cards leaves still makes playing worthwhile. The bonus quest coins are a nice reward, too, that let me expand my pool of cards slightly without feeling like I bought a victory. I hear Twitch streamers do live openings of hundreds of packs, and people watch it. It's just not something I'm invested in to such a degree, not when I have almost 9000 Steam games to write bad reviews for.

Reigns game impressions:

I started on my playing some games from the backlog for at least 15 minutes. This one I actually fully completed sans 2 goals single player where it wouldn't let me continue anymore after 3 hours.

Graphics: These are not too sexy. Basic looking characters in little cards like a Tinder app. It's not horrible looking but basic. 6/10

Sound: I liked the music. It's medieval in nature and the little fighting sounds are great, as well as some noises characters make. 7/10

Story: Not very much other than your king's dynasty tale. Every game restarts the tale though. 4/10

Gameplay/Fun Factor: Very basic honestly. You try to keep 4 stats in line (church, people, army, treasury), as any one of them going to high or low will very likely kill your character. You make choices where a person comes up and tells you something. You then agree or disagree by swiping left or right. These choices will generally move the 4 stats up and down and sometimes give you more cards, new events, bonuses such as spice trade for more money, etc... They are pretty fun at first, but it gets repetitive quickly. After about maybe like 10-15 games you pretty much know most of the cards you see by heart. It becomes very samey after a short while. Still is fun for maybe the first 2 hours. 6.5/10

Honestly I liked it a decent amount at first, but when I was drudging more and more events to get some more advanced events, it just became repetitive. Some cards pretty much guaranteed your king's life would be short as well. If it gets bundled, be sure to try it, but I wouldn't recommend buying it. The better game with cards creating your adventure is Hand of Fate or maybe Hand of Fate 2, which I haven't played yet.

Gun Done Impressions:

Very basic somewhat sub par shooting dueling game.

Graphics: Pixellated characters that are going to shoot at each other in a gun fight. That's about it, though the backgrounds look nice. 6/10

Sound: Very basic music plays, although the gunshot sounds are pretty good. 6/10

Story: None. 0/10

Gameplay/Fun Factor: This is a basic when the clock strikes 12 usually whoever shoots first wins duel game. Each character you play against has a certain way to beat them, such as doing so many steps and shooting afterwards, or after the time hits 12 you run to a bullet to shoot. It gives the game a little more replay value, but honestly you'll see all the match types within 10 minutes. There are items you can earn to help the matches, like a lamp for the dark stage, and after beating someone so many times, you can play as their characters. You also unlock guns over time. It just goes like that over and over and over again till you get bored. It doesn't play horribly, but it just doesn't have must sustenance either. 6/10

Overall this is a game to pass on, as it just doesn't have enough variety, and gets quite boring after about 10-15 minutes. A bundle game through and through.

bread's done
Back