Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Most bundles seem to be a bunch of old, maybe alright but rebundled stuff, and like 1 or 2 new to bundle games. Maybe that's why I buy like 1 bundle out of 10 or so now. Also doesn't help that new to bundle game bundles tend to look like whatever vomit IG is putting in their bundles.

Got me some new DDR4 RAM for the new build.  I had ten sets of RAM bookmarked and then this stuff went on sale today down from $209.99.  It has Samsung B-Die chips (the highest quality, lowest latency) and is 3200 speed so although I would have preferred a RGB solution this is much better performance.  Ryzens love fast RAM for higher fps apparently.  The new budget Ryzen build is going to cost me $130 for the mobo + $160 for the CPU + 170 for the RAM - $30 bundle discount = $430.  Just gonna wait for the RAM to be delivered and see if there are any better sales on the CPU + mobo within the next week because they just launched in July. 

Now all I need is a new graphics card....  I can't wait for August 20th!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going look into buying the 1160 or the 1170 when they announce the new cards this month, or else buy someone else's used 1070 Ti, 1080, or 1080 Ti when all the basic dudes start dumping their old cards.   Reddit and Resetera are filled with these types of guys that have to buy that best of everything day1.  Someone is already selling a pair of 1070 Ti FTW2 for $360 apiece on my Craigslist, which would be tempting, had it not be time for the new gen reveal.

Hopefully the new 1160s and the 1170s don't actually launch at $499 and $599 respectively as rumored in that one leak.  But it actually makes the most sense, considering the giant backstock of 10 series cards that retailers have.  It's sure looking like the 1180 is going to launch at around $699 for the Founder's Edition, maybe more.  It doesn't make any sense that the current stuff would stay at its same pricing levels, but they will.  Current GPUs likely won't drop much more than $50 or $100 per card.  Like how could a 1080 Ti be more than 500 bucks after these new cards drop?  the 1170 is going to have to outperform it slightly. 

No idea how we're at the point where the second tier of graphics cards is $500.  The psuedo-monopoly status of both Intel and Nvidia has become a giant problem for us as consumers.  The only thing thats for sure is that old high-end GPUs are going to get cheap on the used market. 

What do you guys think of all that stuff?  The new Nvidia cards are getting shown on the 21st at Gamescon in Germany, and Founders Editions should be available for purchase in Sept. 

I assumed the crazy high prices on the 1100 series is because they know coin miners will buy tons of them. I'll get an after-market 1160 in November or whenever they come out. I suppose they could charge $500 for it but I wouldn't expect it to be more than $400.

https://www.techradar.com/news/nvidia-turing

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-gpu-release-date-rumors-2018,37391.html

I assumed the crazy high prices on the 1100 series is because they know coin miners will buy tons of them. I'll get an after-market 1160 in November or whenever they come out. I suppose they could charge $500 for it but I wouldn't expect it to be more than $400.
Yeah, that's kinda my plan too. I strongly prefer an EVGA, and no hybrid cooler price premium. The 1160 should be in the sweet spot for price/performance. Then again, it'll probably be about the same as a 1080. It's looking like the 1170 is likely to be too expensive though.

My MSI 770 was solid -- lasted about 3.5 years.  Will go with that or a Gigabyte.  Previously I found that EVGA's tended to run about $30-50 more.

hopefully all these secondary companies put all their money into crazy RGB unicorn pukestain lighting cards, and leave some modest performance cards at affordable prices for the rest of us. 

Thats what they banked on with the 10xxs, and why they have so much of a backlog of parts. They bet way too hard on cryptominers and now have way more 10xx parts than they can realistically sell, especially once they come out with 11xx. They are going to try to milk the 10xx as far as they can so they dont lose money on their dumbass bet

And an AIB card is an AIB card, they are all good as long as its one of the top 5-ish manufacturers, and always better than a founders edition. I do remember when evga was considered shit as far as card quality went but they've stepped it up to the same level as the others, not a premium price level, but the same

The new budget Ryzen build is going to cost me $130 for the mobo + $160 for the CPU + 170 for the RAM - $30 bundle discount = $430. Just gonna wait for the RAM to be delivered and see if there are any better sales on the CPU + mobo within the next week because they just launched in July.
FWIW, same Mobo/CPU combo is $270 at Newegg, might be a slightly better deal if you can avoid tax and get free shipping through Premier or Shoprunner. That said, if I had a Microcenter nearby, I'd prefer to buy from them if only for the easy return potential.

Those ROG Strix AM4 boards are the ones I've had an eye on for a while now. Best feature set for the price and Asus BIOS are usually considered very easy to work with. Only major concern I have is that the VRM cooling appears to be subpar based on some reports I've read. Still, I'll certainly consider it when I finally begin my AM4 upgrade next year when Zen 2 releases.

Free weekend for Street Fighter V, Tekken 7 and Blazblue Cross Tag Battle. SF5 is much better since the Arcade Edition update, and Tekken 7's story mode is well done (and not too long)

I just spent an hour and forty five minutes getting the last Deponia Doomsday achievement I needed (1001 Jackalopes).

what-have-i-done.jpg

lol at the first line of this article; worst apsect? more like by far the best thing about the sales: https://www.vg247.com/2018/08/03/steam-sales-flash-deals-coming-back-report/

Pretty excited though, possibly some good prices coming back to the big sales.
Yeah the first line of that article is an example of derpies who ruined the sales in the first place. Although it would be great to have flash sales back my concern is that four or so years of crappy discounts has brainwashed consumers into thinking a flash sale of 40% of is an amazing deal.

I guarantee that flash sales will make a minimal difference (if any). All that will happen is that a game will be on sale for like 25% off throughout the sale and then on flash sale it'll be like 45%. You're not gonna see a bunch of games you want suddenly at 85% off on flash sales.

It will make the sale more entertaining though

"I wish Steam had flash sales again."

TqqkwtMcVXr9uNJPTGyFuiCvbxQ=.gif

Now instead of a popular game being 50% off for the duration of a 14-day sale, it'll be 33% off for 13 3/4 days and 50% off for six hours.

Doubtful the prices will be higher overall. We already had 14% off headliners last sale. The point is to bring customers back every day after they set up their event bots, and nobody is coming back for what you're saying will happen.

Doubtful the prices will be higher overall. We already had 14% off headliners last sale. The point is to bring customers back every day after they set up their event bots, and nobody is coming back for what you're saying will happen.
^

They already know the general population will buy at any shitty discount they have, they still dont have an incentive to bring back good discounts. So cag-ish people will still run their event bots and shop elsewhere at places that have steams flash prices for the entirety of the sale

It would still be a nightmare for steams support, I mean having flash sales still makes no sense when you have a refund policy inclusive of price changes. So either the flash sales go, or the price drops go as a valid reason for a refund

more like TRASH sales, amirite????

oh man... if this month's Humble Monthly headliners are trash, i'm gonna use the money and get 1 month of Origin Access Premier for Madden instead.

Humble Monthly August

Headliners

Conan Exiles

The Escapists 2

A Hat In Time

The Rest..

The Surge

Sudden Strike 4

Kona

Forged Battalion

Pathologic Classic HD

Woten (Humble Exclusive)

Next Month

Sniper Elite 4

Tales of Berseria

Staxel

Ya'll are missing the reason to be excited for flash sales.  More chances at glitches.  

Already have Sniper Elite 4 and Tales of Berseria.  Might finally need to pause it for a month.  Hmm.

Found some keys for games I already have.

Evoland 2
6E0ET-TRG4C-CQN4Y

Victor Vran
PA28Q-V5D8A-EVIPJ

Freedom Force
MF7A4-DXCWW-9XVX7

Soul Axiom
849AM-R8PI6-T04LG

That was my humbles. Should have more when I get around to digging through fanatical in the next couple days.

No idea how we're at the point where the second tier of graphics cards is $500. The psuedo-monopoly status of both Intel and Nvidia has become a giant problem for us as consumers. The only thing thats for sure is that old high-end GPUs are going to get cheap on the used market.
Anything above a 1060 6GB right now is either an enthusiast card or someone future proofing so they don't have to buy a new GPU for the next five years. In either event, Nvidia is happy to make you pay extra for it.

Anything above a 1060 6GB right now is either an enthusiast card or someone future proofing so they don't have to buy a new GPU for the next five years. In either event, Nvidia is happy to make you pay extra for it.
/shrug

Pay 250$ now and 250$ in 1-2 years, or pay 500$ now for 3-4 years. Ill take the option that gives me the best graphics and framerates for the longer period of time rather than mediocre across the board

/shrug

Pay 250$ now and 250$ in 1-2 years, or pay 500$ now for 3-4 years. Ill take the option that gives me the best graphics and framerates for the longer period of time rather than mediocre across the board
Yeah, pretty much. I'm not in a constant state of buying an old graphics card from yesteryear everytime a landmark game comes out. I try to find that value sweet spot, and future-proof a little bit. For most of my adult life that's been $275-350.

I have no issue with it either. Just saying that, given what games demand now (and in the immediate future) the 1160 isn't really a second tier benchmark.

Is that not what you do every time you buy a graphics card? I know that's the way I look at it, but only 3-4 years max.
Depending on what you consider acceptable performance, I guess. I was fine with buying a 1080 knowing it'll last me a good while and still give good performance. If I bought a 1050 instead, it'd be feeling creaky long before then even if it's adequate for 1080p gaming on Medium now. Someone buying a 1160 this year probably won't be giving Nvidia any money for a good while so they might as well get their dollars from you now. I mean, I guess you could always (heh) go with (hehe) AMD instead for a 1160 sub (hahahahaha)

I prefer to buy cheaper and get upgrades more often personally.  I prefer a $200 every 2-3 years than a $600 every 3-4.  Sometimes, maybe not as much anymore, but sometimes those more expensive cards aren't as future proof as people make them out to be or some new technology or port or something comes out and it's available on cheaper budget cards but not your future proof old gen beast.  I also find that the "future proof" crowd isn't really about future proofing but about having the latest and greatest all the time and they upgrade just as often so where's the savings?  

Add to all that some of us don't have the latest 4K VR Curved monitors for said future proof card to really get a work out and it makes little sense to future proof.  Especially with inferior Nvidia products. I guess you guys got those spectres inside of you quicker than everyone else?  

Demonicon
NVM43-D69Y8-3L562

Blood Knights
58XVC-D5RXE-GH66Y

Blades of Time Limited Edition
5WPMM-XKNCI-Y2B9F

Drakensang
F00F5-858YL-YVZBM

Rune Classic
MEZ5X-VM2AK-72VZ7

Etherlords I & II
L5PCT-XYZ5Y-0M0XP

Sudeki
HRX6X-HYT0E-H3NMN

Hammerfight
VXG4D-2DNE2-ZXFN3

Deep Dungeons of Doom
EYKJB-W4ZPX-HLTMF

Yeah the first line of that article is an example of derpies who ruined the sales in the first place. Although it would be great to have flash sales back my concern is that four or so years of crappy discounts has brainwashed consumers into thinking a flash sale of 40% of is an amazing deal.
What kind of person bemoans a sale? The person that wrote the article said this:

In fact, it was so tiresome trying to keep up with all this that the number one advice players would give is to always wait until the last day of the sale before buying anything, unless the game you want had been part of a flash sale prior.
Yeah! That's the way it worked. It was broken for no one but the mentally impaired.

Demonicon
NVM43-D69Y8-3L562

Blood Knights
58XVC-D5RXE-GH66Y

Blades of Time Limited Edition
5WPMM-XKNCI-Y2B9F

Drakensang
F00F5-858YL-YVZBM

Rune Classic
MEZ5X-VM2AK-72VZ7

Etherlords I & II
L5PCT-XYZ5Y-0M0XP

Sudeki
HRX6X-HYT0E-H3NMN

Hammerfight
VXG4D-2DNE2-ZXFN3

Deep Dungeons of Doom
EYKJB-W4ZPX-HLTMF
Thanks. I took Blades of Time and Sudeki.

As a member of team red... whenever CPU/GPU talk happens.
I don't actually have anything against AMD cards but they don't have anything on schedule to compete with the new Nvidia cards until something like Q2 2019. So if you want a next gen card, there's only one game in town for a while.

What kind of person bemoans a sale? The person that wrote the article said this:

Yeah! That's the way it worked. It was broken for no one but the mentally impaired.
Either we're all weirdos or that guy writing that article is a weirdo--you decide.

Anyone played Hand of Fate 2? Pretty sad i'm tempted by 20% off but I enjoyed the first.
Great improvement on the first one. Of course, I got it for $10 through a promo back in November. $15ish is a good price, $23... eh... depends on your level of cheapness.

I have never bought anything AMD in my life.   But I'm going to give AMD Ryzen a try here.  

Why not?  They're doing things right these days and pushing technology forward.  Competition among brands is important too.  It greatly benefits us all. 

I was a console-primary gamer pretty much all my life (with a sprinkle of War/StarCraft and RollerCoaster Tycoon), so I never developed the PC gamer 'eye' that needed to have the best graphics. I'm rocking a 8320E (back at stock from a 4.0 overclock, gets hot in my room during summer) and the only reason I upgraded from the 7870 GPU is the Microcenter glitch on the 970s was too much for me to pass. I still have a 1080p monitor so all the new stuff sound great to me, but is really overkill. 

I need about $1700 for a real makeover, but it's more likely that I'll buy a Switch (or three...kids) before that happens.

I need to live vicariously through y'all....

Free weekend for Street Fighter V, Tekken 7 and Blazblue Cross Tag Battle. SF5 is much better since the Arcade Edition update, and Tekken 7's story mode is well done (and not too long)
Been checking out SF5 and T7. Namely, their Arcade Modes.

They've been fun, to say the least.

Both games run and look great too. 60fps at their tops settings at 1080p.

I'm gonna have to check out both games' Story Modes and Online Modes too.

Also, I noticed Absolver is on Free Weekend. Gonna have to check this out too.

oh is that why my 1070 is struggling to stay at 60 fps in No Man's Sky? good to know...
1060 6GB should be able to do ~80fps on High@1080. If you're trying to run at 1440+ you fall into the enthusiast category (maybe 7% of gamers run higher than 1080 per the Steam Hardware Survey)

[Edit: Reading a little, it seems that NMS Next is just poorly optimized and runs crappy on a lot of hardware; can't really answer for the occasional game that just runs like shit]

bread's done
Back