Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
1060 6GB should be able to do ~80fps on High@1080. If you're trying to run at 1440+ you fall into the enthusiast category (maybe 7% of gamers run higher than 1080 per the Steam Hardware Survey)

[Edit: Reading a little, it seems that NMS Next is just poorly optimized and runs crappy on a lot of hardware; can't really answer for the occasional game that just runs like shit]
Apparently the 1180's are going to have 16 GB VRAM. I have to question if that much is actually needed for anything out today (or the next couple of years) even at 1440p. I think even the 1160's are going to have like 8GB VRAM.

Apparently the 1180's are going to have 16 GB VRAM. I have to question if that much is actually needed for anything out today (or the next couple of years) even at 1440p. I think even the 1160's are going to have like 8GB VRAM.
Can't you read? No Man's Sky will need two 1180s in Crossfire.

Tabletop Simulator is great.  Tons of games for it.  Never can get anyone to play it though.  Played Scrabble one night with some old MMO pals and enjoyed it but everybody else was like "meh" and went back to playing Ark or Minecraft or something the next night.

Apparently the 1180's are going to have 16 GB VRAM. I have to question if that much is actually needed for anything out today (or the next couple of years) even at 1440p.
With the 1180's going for 16GB of VRAM, I would guess that just like the 1080 Ti (which has 11GB of VRAM), they might be aiming for the 4K crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great improvement on the first one. Of course, I got it for $10 through a promo back in November. $15ish is a good price, $23... eh... depends on your level of cheapness.
I will wait since my backlog is a million miles long. I'm a huge card game fan and rouge lite/like fan, so I tend to play a lot of those.

16gb VRAM is a Skyrim and Fallout 4 modder's dream. And I look forward to when games will be averaging 200gb or more in file size.

Excuse you while I epitomize that meme

x8V538e.png
Giving a quick update on this post from 36 hours ago to illustrate the death of achievements

w6pQqoW.png

Giving away some leftovers to some lucky or unlucky CAG. All a matter of perspective  :rofl:

Z98PW-BJZQW-HPAF5

E8MWE-0JWD8-N8WLY

WEIYF-HDYA8-9LDM7

LLY9F-F58CM-KYK5Z

6E6CP-KXVLY-FPFT0

46FFH-R3YYB-KWVNR

9CEVG-9IQ0V-IAF4F

GLAQI-5CMM0-BC6G4

Enjoy or totally hate me lol

Right now, Absolver is on Free Weekend w/ Steam and all. Will end in a few hours - i.e. 4pm EST Time / 1pm PST.

For those who don't know of the game...

Absolver on Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/473690/Absolver/
Absolver on GOG - https://www.gog.com/game/absolver

Absolver is basically an online/offline open-world sandbox-style fighting-ARPG.
You're gonna learn stances, kicks, punches, moves, and all kinds of styles from playing.

Up to you, if you want to play offline or online. Very cool.

Problem I see, namely from playing offline, is this: if you're gonna play offline...well, you're gonna need to get really good, grind a lot, and/or the areas at times might be sparse w/ not much happening. When online - you have other players you can help or fight against at any moment, which really keeps the gameplay, combat & action going since there's a fair amount of people playing right now...especially since the game feels very bare-bones on the story, lore, and all of that stuff; and doesn't really have NPC's dishing out quests to you.

Games of this style, like Dark Souls, keep the lore in the Inventory descriptions (for equipment - whether weapons, armor, items, keys, etc etc); have a few NPC's that talk but don't waste any words; and/or might even have enemies thrown dead or placed in certain ways in certain areas in which those who are paying attention can really understand there is a plot & story visually (and esoterically) being told there. Unfortunately, feels like Absolver is doing none or not much of that.

I've spent a little bit of time with it. Man, it's tough. This is like Dark Souls type of tough. You will die a lot - whether from other players on the server (if you're playing online) or from the CPU. You are gonna have to either learn the game, the enemies, their patterns, and "get good" (i.e. Dark Souls type of game); grind a bit to get somewhere; or a decent mixture of both "get good" and grind away enough to move forward.

When defeating enemies - you can gain more moves, maybe some gear, and whatnot. You can also find gear and stuff in the game-world, too - in chests, under objects, or somewhere; just look around and keep your eyes open.

Combat's awesome. Plays great with a XBox Controller, if you are into fighting games of that sort & style. If you like fighting games - yeah, you should be using a controller here in the first place anyways; you're going to need to be very precise w/ your movements, motions, directions, and everything here. If not - well, you're gonna be toast. You do have different stances from what school of combat you take on (at the start); skills you learn form beating opponents; and whatnot - which is all pretty cool. You can flesh out your own "deck" (set) of moves, at some point - but, I ain't really done that yet. Still trying to get to grips w/ the combat.

Art-style is not super-technical, but leans more on the artistic side of things here - aiming at looking different, interesting, mysterious, cool, and unique. It looks cool and unique, which is great - but performance can be all over the place, which isn't so great. Had to drop it to 1080p with a mix of most stuff on High & some on Medium w/ V-Sync off, just to keep it stable around 50-60fps and not jumping around all over the place at any second on my desktop PC (i7 950; 16 GB RAM; GTX 970; W7 64-bit).

So, yeah - it's cool, so far. It's good, but still...probably not as awesome as I was hoping for. It has a great foundation here - but if they can add all kinds of content in that planned upcoming next Downfall free update - yeah, that could really turn the tides into making it great.

Summer sale cards expire tomorrow, if you still have any
I might as well do something with these. I need one each of the Salien Homeworld, Salien Psychic, and Duldrum lil Threat. In return, I can trade you a Salien Beast, Duldrum Homeworld, 3 Duldrum Medium Threats, 3 Duldrum High Threats, and a Duldrum Boss. If anyone already on my Steam friends list can help me out with this, shoot me a PM. Cheers.

Right now, Absolver is on Free Weekend w/ Steam and all. Will end in a few hours - i.e. 4pm EST Time / 1pm PST.

For those who don't know of the game...

Absolver on Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/473690/Absolver/
Absolver on GOG - https://www.gog.com/game/absolver

Absolver is basically an online/offline open-world sandbox-style fighting-ARPG.
You're gonna learn stances, kicks, punches, moves, and all kinds of styles from playing.

Up to you, if you want to play offline or online. Very cool.

Problem I see, namely from playing offline, is this: if you're gonna play offline...well, you're gonna need to get really good, grind a lot, and/or the areas at times might be sparse w/ not much happening. When online - you have other players you can help or fight against at any moment, which really keeps the gameplay, combat & action going since there's a fair amount of people playing right now...especially since the game feels very bare-bones on the story, lore, and all of that stuff; and doesn't really have NPC's dishing out quests to you.

Games of this style, like Dark Souls, keep the lore in the Inventory descriptions (for equipment - whether weapons, armor, items, keys, etc etc); have a few NPC's that talk but don't waste any words; and/or might even have enemies thrown dead or placed in certain ways in certain areas in which those who are paying attention can really understand there is a plot & story visually (and esoterically) being told there. Unfortunately, feels like Absolver is doing none or not much of that.

I've spent a little bit of time with it. Man, it's tough. This is like Dark Souls type of tough. You will die a lot - whether from other players on the server (if you're playing online) or from the CPU. You are gonna have to either learn the game, the enemies, their patterns, and "get good" (i.e. Dark Souls type of game); grind a bit to get somewhere; or a decent mixture of both "get good" and grind away enough to move forward.

When defeating enemies - you can gain more moves, maybe some gear, and whatnot. You can also find gear and stuff in the game-world, too - in chests, under objects, or somewhere; just look around and keep your eyes open.

Combat's awesome. Plays great with a XBox Controller, if you are into fighting games of that sort & style. If you like fighting games - yeah, you should be using a controller here in the first place anyways; you're going to need to be very precise w/ your movements, motions, directions, and everything here. If not - well, you're gonna be toast.
Git gid, newb... Y don't u tell us important things like HD space and DRM type...

As much as I love Flash Sales, get ready for Refund City to return on Steam...
Eh, be it a 24 hour hold period on refunds or some sort of price match functionality, I can't imagine Valve would roll this out with some sort of plan to stifle that.

Ehhh I'm not hyped on Flash Sales especially if they are just same prices as we have now but timed, saw this reddit comment and thought it explained it well 

Steam sale price now: 75% off

Steam sale price after flash sales are introduced: 50% off during normal sales and 75% off during flash sales

You guys are being very pessimistic about the return of flash deals. These attitudes are all "might as well pack it up since Valve is never doing any sort of sale ever again." Why don't you all send me your spare Steam keys and just stop using Steam? Go to GOG or some other site, though it's not like publishers don't determine prices there too. Oh well, guess we gotta stop playing games altogether. Tie my corded mouse into a noose and hang myself. Thanks for bringing flash deals back, Russian hackers!

Y don't u tell us important things like HD space and DRM type...
Absolver takes up almost 14 GB of HDD space.

Steam-version (obviously) uses Steam.

There is a GOG-version on GOG w/ No DRM, if you choose to play offline there.

The game can be played either online or offline; take your pick.

97EDD-9ECD5-CEWNW

JWWIL-9H2E6-8RHV0

9A52V-JNZIR-KK2BN

E3XQF-XYPA4-9XNMF

DTPG7-G6NZE-83B73

ABM38-M6X9A-GDMZB

WEPLV-9XTCC-9RBX3

Feast upon my shit (there might be some good turds in there, too)

An interesting and aggravating thing I noticed is that PC versions of some titles have higher or a lot higher MSRP than console versions. Tales of Berseria, for example, is $65 CAD on Steam, while MSRP has dropped to $25 CAD for the PS4 version on sites like Amazon. The Humble Monthly fixes this, but it is disappointing how MSRP's can remain stagnant on the PC market.

An interesting and aggravating thing I noticed is that PC versions of some titles have higher or a lot higher MSRP than console versions. Tales of Berseria, for example, is $65 CAD on Steam, while MSRP has dropped to $25 CAD for the PS4 version on sites like Amazon. The Humble Monthly fixes this, but it is disappointing how MSRP's can remain stagnant on the PC market.
I always figured it's because there's no need to clear inventory. Physical games eventually start taking up space, it's worth it to drop the price to unload it. Digital always takes up the same space, none.

Call of Duty on PC has this issue

So some of the games from the past Humble Monthly are up and still in stock on Tremor, but unfortunately the prices are crazy. 1999 coins for Pathologic Classic HD and a whopping 5999 for The Surge. Last month, Shiness was only 899 coins and a couple of the lesser value games were even 199 coins each. They would have been flying off the digital shelves at a lower rate.

Of interest to none, I recently finished my first summer sale purchase - The Walking Zombie: Dead City

I must say the end was a bit anti-climatic.  No cut scene or even a congrats.  I had fun.  It's 200 levels so there's plenty to do.  It's an on-rail shooter.  A real one.  The basic structure is:

1. Introduce new enemy and level.

2. Run about 25 "days" on the same level with new enemies being introduced.  

3. Hit a "sniper" level, then a "boss" level, then an "arena" level.

4. Unlock a new weapon.

5. Go to step 1. 

Being a mobile game brought to PC it has a few issues.  I hit the classic "paywall" a few times where I had to wait a few days before accumulating enough in game cash to unlock the next weapon or buy enough power ups to defeat the boss.  The game is a bit unbalanced as days 1-100 are practically a breeze and then 101 to 200 are a lot more difficult.  The last two end game guns were a bit disappointing.  The scar was powerful but had a spread that hindered it's effectiveness.  The final sniper rifle had a disconnect between the reticle/laser and where the bullets actually hit. Also, the final sniper gun has no scope.  You have to buy sniper bullets separately and use a separate gun to snipe and you can't switch back to an old weapon once you unlock a new one.  

Still, for the $1 plus change I paid for it I more than got my money's worth.   

More reasons why the game is laughable. Also, the beta will carry over all progress... and guess who gets in beta? Everyone that preorders. Seems like a pretty big advantage. Won't be touching this until it's $10 or less.
I was planning on passing anyways but this is even better... Now I won't feel the need to ever buy it to keep my Fallout Collection complete.

bread's done
Back