Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anyone buy the mystery bundles from bundlestars? I know they are junk, but just want someone to confirm so I don't waste my money to confirm what I already know.

What do people think about the new D&D 5e adventure "Waterdeep : Dragon Heist"? Guys? GAIZE?!?!? (it's available on Steam, SO GET OFF MY BACK!!!)

I'm thinking my murder-hobo party will be sad if they do 5-10 in the Waterdeep big house for murdering the elderly shoemaker.

Now, now... Let's not get carried away. I was going to say the last time I was invested in the protagonist in AC was Ezio, but I almost might say the twins in Syndicate. (haven't played AC:King Tut or AC:300yet). On one hand, the plot was interesting to me until the end of Ezio trilogy when it went completely off whatever rails it might have been on. On the other hand, if it got rid of modern day segments of AC, then death to the plot please. I don't want to perform a shitty platforming segment with Desmond. Nor do I want to play Aspergo Employee #3, trying to find paper clips in another employee's desk.

I'm mostly interested in new game worlds and how ubi renders them and makes them feel large and alive (faceless NPCs, notwithstanding, but that's why you don't play an ubi game out of the gate, AMIRITE?). Also new game modes (I like syndicates 2 main characters and also the idea of gangs and taking over the city).

I however do not really like the trend of having to "buy" shit in game that I used to get for free in older games. Pretty soon my first AC mission will be to pick the lock on my dresser so that I can get enough XP to buy my character pants to leave his house. F dat.

MysterD signing out!!
I really liked AC: Syndicate also - in terms of characters; plot; story; dialogue; writing; the London setting during that era; and banter b/t the two protagonists.

Also, all of the modern stuff was cut-scenes - which was great. I felt rewarded for playing the game w/ these interesting, story-based cut-scenes that were further pushing the modern-day story. That made more sense to me.

I really don't need gameplay-based Desmond sections, nameless first-person NPC at a wannabe Ubi's video games labs; or stuff like that. The modern stuff might've pushed story (at least in the early AC's from AC1 to AC3 and AC:Syn) - but the gameplay for those was never interesting and was often "meh."

It might take doing a whole full-blown modern day AC for me to be on-board w/ the whole modern AC thing.

MysterD...signed in, for now!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
5.99 2 topping large pizzas at Dominos this week.

The plot and writing suck though

It might take doing a whole full-blown modern day AC for me to be on-board w/ the whole modern AC thing.
Modern AC is trash. They need to just cut bait on that whole mess and stick with alt-historical fantasy. Put me in 1850's San Francisco or the Congo hinterlands or Spanish Mesoamerica or the Hundred Years War, etc. Don't make me sit through tedious modern era sections to get there.

Modern AC is trash. They need to just cut bait on that whole mess and stick with alt-historical fantasy. Put me in 1850's San Francisco or the Congo hinterlands or Spanish Mesoamerica or the Hundred Years War, etc. Don't make me sit through tedious modern era sections to get there.
That was the one part AC1 got right. You pop out of the animus, talk to Lucy for a couple of lines, then it's right back to neck stabbing. The whole Desmond part of AC3 just was pissing me off. I'd have rather had that just be a visual novel.

Assassin's Creed Primal

Get it done Ubi.
Assassin's Far Creed Primal Cry

"As I sit on my sabertooth with my flamethrower, razing the poppy fields....the evil Mesopotamians run from the burning fields coughing...at which point I'd jump down and stab assassinate them two at a time with my 278XP worth (lvl 2 of 79 possible levels) of hidden blades..while my caveman friend Hurk, pilots an Apache helicopter shooting missiles made of shrunken Meglaodons to pick off the stragglers"

BRING IT ON POOPY-SOFT!!!!

"As I sit on my sabertooth with my flamethrower, razing the poppy fields....the evil Mesopotamians run from the burning fields coughing...at which point I'd jump down and stab assassinate them two at a time with my 278XP worth (lvl 2 of 79 possible levels) of hidden blades..while my caveman friend Hurk, pilots an Apache helicopter shooting missiles made of shrunken Meglaodons to pick off the stragglers"

I love the smell of Mastodon poop in the morning.

I sit on ur mom with my flamethrower.

Apparently Bard's Tale IV released yesterday, and it did not go smoothly. Folks on Steam discussion forums are bent out of shape because inXile's third-party distributor of keys (Xsolla) and their crowdfunding partner (CrowdOx) seem to have cocked up doling out the appropriate extras (and in some cases, actual game keys) to pre-orderers and Kickstarter backers. While I can sympathize with the folks not getting their stuff (I preordered it myself), the interwebz seem full of five-year-olds. One guy actually posted this: I hope Brian Fargo dies.

I don't know why these things still surprise me, but if not getting a game key or some extras on the release date is the biggest problem in your life, you should actually be really really happy, as opposed to wishing grievous bodily harm upon a fellow human being. 

People can be very entitled. I've been through so many funky launches that I don't care anymore. I'll play when I can.

Also started playing Song of Memories.

This thing doesn't run well on my computer (think it may be the engine the game uses). Also the story seems like a mess. The rhythm game is pretty horrible too. Just seems like a mess of a game that is annoying to play with weird janky animations and slow saving/loading.

Apparently Bard's Tale IV released yesterday, and it did not go smoothly. Folks on Steam discussion forums are bent out of shape because inXile's third-party distributor of keys (Xsolla) and their crowdfunding partner (CrowdOx) seem to have cocked up doling out the appropriate extras (and in some cases, actual game keys) to pre-orderers and Kickstarter backers. While I can sympathize with the folks not getting their stuff (I preordered it myself), the interwebz seem full of five-year-olds. One guy actually posted this: I hope Brian Fargo dies.

I don't know why these things still surprise me, but if not getting a game key or some extras on the release date is the biggest problem in your life, you should actually be really really happy, as opposed to wishing grievous bodily harm upon a fellow human being.
They're morons. And I had my keys a couple of days ago. If you didn't read the emails, that's their damned fault. It was pretty clear. (though you actually had to READ the emails to see what you were supposed to do)

I did read and follow the Bards Tale 4 email and still had some trouble getting my key.  I eventually got it (pretty much by just re-doing the survey until it worked) but there were issues larger than just "Read The fucking Manual".

Obviously, I did not wish death on anyone and wasn't even that fussed about it since this was the day before launch and I was mainly trying to fix it just to have it fixed and not because "omg need2ply rite NAO!!"

Reviews for it seem pretty favorable but, at this point, it pretty much just feels like I got sent a free game since I paid the Kickstarter so many years ago :)

DPCIs on the stickers if you feel like searching brickseek.   The G502 was $20.98.

20180919_154321.jpg

I did read and follow the Bards Tale 4 email and still had some trouble getting my key. I eventually got it (pretty much by just re-doing the survey until it worked) but there were issues larger than just "Read The fucking Manual".

Obviously, I did not wish death on anyone and wasn't even that fussed about it since this was the day before launch and I was mainly trying to fix it just to have it fixed and not because "omg need2ply rite NAO!!"

Reviews for it seem pretty favorable but, at this point, it pretty much just feels like I got sent a free game since I paid the Kickstarter so many years ago :)
There were definitely issues, but after all this time it still boggles my mind how people are quick to bite devs' heads off when things like this go wrong. It's not the most professional release scenario ever, but I'm pretty sure they'll get the kinks worked out in time.

I futzed around with it for a few minutes this morning, but I was half-asleep. The intro was pretty cool and had a certain retro feel to it. Oddly enough, the music might be what I'm looking forward to most about the game. Some early reviewers on Steam were complaining that the lore had been tweaked (I'm surprised anyone remembers the lore from 30 years ago, but to each his own) or maybe radically altered, and the grid system of combat (which you can see in the demo video) was not true to the original trilogy. To me, the grid seems like a reasonable compromise, given that IIRC, in Bard's Tale III, you could have something like six PCs and three NPCs in a party, and the game figured damage from area of effect attacks based on a given character's position "in line." Because this game appears to only have slots for four PCs in a party, there is a certain logic to the grid concept and party order, which seems to work in a similar way to the Eye of the Beholder or Legend of Grimrock series, to reference a more modern analogy.

There were definitely issues, but after all this time it still boggles my mind how people are quick to bite devs' heads off when things like this go wrong. It's not the most professional release scenario ever, but I'm pretty sure they'll get the kinks worked out in time.
Oh, absolutely. i was just responding to the idea that you just had to read the email. There was actual technical glitches in there.

But nothing worth losing your shit over and going ape irate on the forums because you might have to wait a day for your key.

I did read and follow the Bards Tale 4 email and still had some trouble getting my key. I eventually got it (pretty much by just re-doing the survey until it worked) but there were issues larger than just "Read The fucking Manual".

Yeah my main problem is I went through the hassle of contacting their support. Their support didn't do shit for me so I had to PM a dev on the official Inxile forum. The dev did PM me a key, but told me we should be contacting Crowdox so that they're aware of the issue, which annoyed me even further. It's not our job to contact Crowdox, that's the job of the dev or kickstarter team to get sorted out. We weren't paid to get this shit fixed lol. Wishing death upon someone is uncalled for, but they did fuck up the key distribution so I hope they go with Backerkit next time to prevent this shit.

Bard's Tale 4 is hardly Bard's Tale 4. It's more like Bard's Tale for millennials. That it's apparently loaded with bugs is par for the course. Fortunately you can buy the remastered version of the original trilogy.

Bard's Tale 4 is hardly Bard's Tale 4. It's more like Bard's Tale for millennials. That it's apparently loaded with bugs is par for the course. Fortunately you can buy the remastered version of the original trilogy.
The only Bards Tale that mattered stared Cary Elwes and Tony Jay.

You forgot to mention how many KB it will take to download and store. It's not like we've developed terabyte drives, AMIRITE?!?
there's this guy on youtube i watch that reviews retropie images. when he talks about the file size he'll say "This image is 119 gigabytes, or 125,456,907,000 bytes" and i'm like, "Well that's fucking helpful!"

My poop is now your poop:

The Mooseman - VE4twoG-MJZWC-C2HCI

Carmageddon: Max Damage - ZB8ND-TEVtwo9-XAD5E
Spacecom - 0KnineGZ-QF7AE-YPAEJ
Savage Lands - BAK7P-WNGXT-APJVthree
Forts - IfourYNC-CAYYE-QDJ9D
Caravan - NDJEG-DthreeNQ6-F03MK
Zombie Night Terror - DCXR0-K8C7three-PM4VW
Unloved - KBQBT-I0P9N-0VtwoIT
ICY: Frostbite Edition - 2NMF3-FI7threeD-4FIE9
Car Mechanic Sim 2015 - VETIT-JMAZN-PXN8two
Super Mega Baseball - 988Ttwo-8RQPL-W74ER