Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
there is zero chance bloodborne comes to steam.

not sure why people occasionally bring that up.

do you think god of war will be on steam? uncharted? little big planet?

neither will bloodborne.
Or just point to Demon's Souls. Only Souls game not on Steam, and for the same reason Bloodborne won't hit PC.

are u serious? These settings are similar like how you set your graphic/audio under PC game option

and come on, how can you say this under PC thread? Tinkering around with setting is what set us apart from the PEASANTS!!!
No modding is what sets us apart from the console peasants. If a game doesn't work, it is just annoying. If it works, and I can tweak/mod it to make it even more awesome, ok then.

there is zero chance bloodborne comes to steam.

not sure why people occasionally bring that up.

do you think god of war will be on steam? uncharted? little big planet?

neither will bloodborne.
From Software has a history of NOT being Sony-exclusive for some of their titles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_developed_by_From_Software

From did bring the Dark Souls series to Non-Sony platforms - which would include Microsoft's PC and XB platforms.

You could make the point: Dark Souls is their mutli-platform ARPG series for PC + Sony consoles + Microsoft consoles.

From is not owned by Sony. While Sony did publish some titles and likely did invest good $ in Demon's Souls + Bloodborne - who knows if those are a timed-exclusive; or if From would buy-out an agreement to be allowed to put their titles elsewhere at some point; or what.

While it currently doesn't look good for Demon's Souls or Bloodborne to hit the PC soon, especially since Sony probably sunk $ into those - who knows if things might change 5-10 years or more down the road. Games being exclusive don't really seem to be as exclusive as they used to be - as "exclusive" often really seems to mean "timed exclusive."

Naughty Dog is currently owned by Sony and does NOT have a history of putting any games on Windows PC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Naughty_Dog_video_games

God of War series were developed by Sony-owned studios - so those won't hit the PC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_War_(series)

LittleBigPlanet's dev's at Media Molecule have ONLY put titles on the PlayStation platforms:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Molecule

Last edited by a moderator:
From Software has a history of NOT being Sony-exclusive for some of their titles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_developed_by_From_Software

<snip>
Sony published BLoodborne, and From Software does not own the bloodborne trademark, sony does. Meaning From Software doesn't decide what to do w/Bloodborne, Sony does. Meaning it's not coming to PC.

I brought up those other games because Blooborne's situation mirrors them. While Sony doesn't own From, it owns Bloodborne. Meaning it's about as likely it comes onto PC as any other Sony owned game.

This is entirely different than a typical timed exclusive...timed exclusives are almost always announced as such before hand, and I can't think of any timed exclusives off hand where either Sony or Microsoft both published and owned the rights to the title.

Is your dislike for Wheaton an almost close second to Drabe's dislike of MysterD? Distant? Mediocre? Or what?
I would probably punch him in the throat, then knock him over and align his jaw with the curb while he gasps for air and then curb stomp him if I ever met him. So probably a close second.

Sony published BLoodborne, and From Software does not own the bloodborne trademark, sony does. Meaning From Software doesn't decide what to do w/Bloodborne, Sony does. Meaning it's not coming to PC.

I brought up those other games because Blooborne's situation mirrors them. While Sony doesn't own From, it owns Bloodborne. Meaning it's about as likely it comes onto PC as any other Sony owned game.
well, Demon's Soul is practically the beta testing bed for Dark Souls (Thanks Sony's fans for making it possible). Demon's Soul was and still rough around the edges compared to Dark Souls. Dark Souls got ported to PC :D/ :whistle2:

Insert same comment here for Blood Borne.

well, Demon's Soul is practically the beta testing bed for Dark Souls (Thanks Sony's fans for making it possible). Demon's Soul was and still rough around the edges compared to Dark Souls. Dark Souls got ported to PC :D/ :whistle2:

Insert same comment here for Blood Borne.
you will probably get bloodborne 2 for pc

Guys again, Sony owns the Bloodborne trademark. Just like how they own Demon's Souls. The reason Demon's Souls never came to PC or anything else is because Sony owns it. From owns Dark Souls, which is why it's on every system. There is absolutely no reason to believe Bloodborne will ever be on another system, because Sony owns the series. If there is a sequel it will be up to Sony whether it's multi-platform or not. Chances are we will never see any Bloodborne game on anything but playstation.

I'm not sure if i can state that any more simply.

Well....I fakeybro bought DarkSouls 2 Upgrade.

Can't even play online...whereas my friend can w/o any problems.

Stupid CAG gods are mad at me.  FROM has got to be the worst online programmers ever

I have to mirror pasports comments. If you want to play Bloodborne, it'll have to be done on a Sony console machine thing. There's no way around it, so don't get your hopes up.

you will probably get Dark Souls 3 for pc
Fixed

Also this is funny

do not release bloodborne for pc :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PC gamers are bunch of elitist douche bags. They don't deserve this PS4 exclusive. If they want to play Bloodborne they should buy a PS4 like gentlemen.
EDITED with Deal talk: Somewhere on the Internet...
Paradox published games are on sale

Well....I fakeybro bought DarkSouls 2 Upgrade.

Can't even play online...whereas my friend can w/o any problems.

Stupid CAG gods are mad at me. FROM has got to be the worst online programmers ever
Bloodborne's matchmaking system is shit.

Utter shit.

One last time, for emphasis, it.is.shit.

This is all I've got for you.
[attachment=13543:tmp_22843-20150405_2213331800681756.jpg]

On topic or off? You be the judge, because I don't give a fuck.

This is a bit off-topic but then again a vast majority of the last posts have been as well so I have no regrets.
On Wednesday I shall be joining the PC Master Race with my first PC Build ever and have all the parts coming via Amazon Prime on the same day.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K Processor 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I54690K

Motherboard: MSI Computer ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97S SLI KRAIT EDITION

Video Card: PowerColor PCS+ AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB GDDR5 OC 2DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card AXR9 290 4GBD5-PPDHE

Fan: Noctua NH-D14 6 Dual Heatpipe with 140mm/120mm Dual SSO Bearing Fans CPU Cooler

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 200R Compact ATX Case CC-9011023-WW

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL

Power Supply: Antec True Power Classic 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX12V / EPS12V 750 Power Supply TPC-750
That's the build! From my research this seems like a good build and I also grabbed a few extra case fans because someone advised me to do so. Any feedback? Anything I should of tweaked? That's the reason I went through Amazon is the easy simple returns if something should be changed or returned.

I am looking forward to playing my super massive backlog of Steam games I got from the years and years of sales.

This is a bit off-topic but then again a vast majority of the last posts have been as well so I have no regrets.
On Wednesday I shall be joining the PC Master Race with my first PC Build ever and have all the parts coming via Amazon Prime on the same day.

That's the build! From my research this seems like a good build and I also grabbed a few extra case fans because someone advised me to do so. Any feedback? Anything I should of tweaked? That's the reason I went through Amazon is the easy simple returns if something should be changed or returned.

I am looking forward to playing my super massive backlog of Steam games I got from the years and years of sales.
Seems like a pretty good build. Some people might be interested in the HD and most would recommend an SSD, but you'll be fine without one.

My rig building advice would be to enjoy it, take your time, and ask online if you ever run into any issues (which I hope you don't).

You've got a good CPU, memory, and GFX so you should be set. Don't skimp on the thermal paste though and don't neglect good cable management. Usually the case will come with some zip ties, but if not you can find some at like wal-mart or some place similar.

I spent weeks trying to figure out some issues on my last build and it was a silly cable that would touch the case when I put the top on.

16GB is overkill, 8GB is more than likely enough. Although if you have the spare budget it's hard to disagree. I'd probably do the same.

Quick question - what's your monitor?

Just switch out that R9 290 for 2 Titan X in SLi and you're set for less than a year. Case is smaller than the 400/500R, but still enough for cable management. I'd prefer bigger case, but that just me. You can never have enough RAM. 16GB is fine.

Ignore everything I said about the graphic cards.

Talk about console exclusive.

What I hear:

blah blah blah blah blah

Let's talk about the game if it comes to PC. If not, then it can go rot in hell for all I care.

iLJnyHq.png

PACOTE BATMAN Combo - (R$ 19.99 / 6.44$) :

- Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
- Batman Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition
- Batman Arkham Origins
- Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition)

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/combos

All Steam redeemable and separate keys.

16GB is overkill, 8GB is more than likely enough. Although if you have the spare budget it's hard to disagree. I'd probably do the same.

Quick question - what's your monitor?
"ASUS VS228H-P 21.5-Inch Full-HD 5ms LED-Lit LCD Monitor"

Didn't really know what to grab and that had good reviews on Amazon and was a best seller, so.

"ASUS VS228H-P 21.5-Inch Full-HD 5ms LED-Lit LCD Monitor"

Didn't really know what to grab and that had good reviews on Amazon and was a best seller, so.
That's fine. Was just asking in case you were planning on playing at resolutions above 1080p. You won't be on that monitor which is absolutely fine. The R9 290 will handle anything you throw at it.

Of course, if there's anything slightly larger then have a look at it. I have some AOC 23.6" screens and they're great. Anything with a 5ms response time is ideal. Any thing lower than that is (arguably) a waste of money (1ms/2ms) as we cant tell any difference ourselves (so an article I once read told me).

Storage - consider a 250MB HD for your operating system and a 1/2TB storage drive for your games. That's what lots of us do - it's amazing how quick you run out of space.

Have fun. Building is a great experience :)

:grouphug:

Here are a couple of changes to look at and research: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fqdZD3 (all prices from Amazon)

You are getting an overclocked processor so I would go for a better board and MSI Z97-GAMING 5 is better for overclocking according to Overclock3d. I switched out your psu for an EVGA 750 G2 because it has the best score from JonnyGuru gave it 9.8 and it is fully modular so you only use the wires you need. Two optional switches is the case for a mid tower same brand just one step up to the 300R personally I would go for a full tower but some will say it is over kill even though I filled all slots through small upgrades and easier to get to things and cable management and gpu here is an article comparing gtx 970 to amd 290 less heat, noise and wattage for nvidia and better fps overall.

Looks like a good build. I was going to mention case fans but it looks as though you had those covered. Spend a little time looking up air flow and cable management so you can place your fans intelligently. Also keep in mind that you'll have to do a little dust maintenance from time to time. My box is on the floor under my desk so I tend to forget about it but notice this weekend that it was getting to 60C while playing games. Not critically hot, but hotter than I remembered. I had a new drive I wanted to install anyway so pulled her up and set about taking off the front of the case... bleah. Filters were all clogged up. Cleaned them all out, blew all the dust out of my CPU cooler fins and switched out the rear stock case fan with a beefier model. Back up and running at ~45C during game time. Much better. Saves on fans and power as well if they're not running full bore 24/7 trying to move air through the blanket of filter dust.

I haven't gotten on the SSD bandwagon yet but I now have a 500GB, 1TB and 2TB drive in my case. Just keep pluggin' them in there.

Anything with a 5ms response time is ideal. Any thing lower than that is (arguably) a waste of money (1ms/2ms) as we cant tell any difference ourselves (so an article I once read told me).
Response time can become very important and noticable depending on the game you're playing, though. As some who plays a lot of Rock Band, for example, there's a huge difference in timing even between 2ms and 5ms. For my monitor, I went with a V3D245. 2ms 3D monitor. Games look incredibly amazing in 3D.

Storage - consider a 250MB HD for your operating system and a 1/2TB storage drive for your games. That's what lots of us do - it's amazing how quick you run out of space.
I can't agree with this more. I have a 128gb SSD as my boot/application drive, and two separate 4tb drives (D:\ for games, and E:\ for my "Vault" (backups, storage, media, etc.) My 4tb drive is already almost out of space and that's solely from Steam games. They fill up fast.

As someone who's pretty big into future-proofing, I went the far overkill way: 32GB of RAM. Needed? Perhaps not, but my system should be able to handle a lot of what's thrown at it for years to come. :)

As someone who's pretty big into future-proofing, I went the far overkill way: 32GB of RAM. Needed? Perhaps not, but my system should be able to handle a lot of what's thrown at it for years to come. :)
My concern there would be that, by the time I ever got to needing 32GB of memory, the technology will be at a place where 8GB of a new flavor of DDR will be well superior to 32GB of DDR3.

So, question to all here: I won a Steam copy of Dying Light, if I have no real interest in playing it, what's the best way to sell or trade it? What would it be worth? Total n00b when it comes to Keys/ref/fake currency.

Response time can become very important and noticable depending on the game you're playing, though. As some who plays a lot of Rock Band, for example, there's a huge difference in timing even between 2ms and 5ms.
Is this where I point out that what you're looking at on a game like Rockband is ACTUALLY input lag and not monitor response time?

Perception-wise you won't notice if you're sitting back watching a video the difference between 1-2ms and 5ms. IF you're looking to say.. shoot a headshot or hit a note, that ms response isn't going to change your response.

If the input lags (say from a computer or controller), then you will assume it was a response time issue because most people don't take input lag into account.

For argument sake.. it takes approximately 13ms to get a difference of 1FPS. (at 60FPS)

You should read: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/display_myths_shattered

That's a couple of years old but the truths there still stand (for the most part)

That's my point, though.  The game sends a signal to the screen telling you where the note is at any given time.  At 13ms, by the time the screen updates to show you where the note is, and you strum the bar to hit, the system already knows that note is no longer where it should be.  Call it "input lag" or any other term, the result is still the same: a missed note.

powercolor is not a very good manufactur for graphics card. i would get a brand like saphire, msi, asus or gigabyte.

bread's done
Back