Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
There's a new Monday bundle over at Indie Gala as well

Pineview Drive

Astray

Urban Legends

Project Night

Disillusions Manga Horror

Metal Dead

Long Night 

$1.89 for the first 24 hours

Last edited by a moderator:
what about if I have no Gabenbux

Xena
tumblr_inline_mop0527Y2e1qz4rgp.gif

Advent Rising is also on sale for $1.99 and has cards, lowest price ever was $1.79 on GOG.

It's definitely worth your Gabenbux, and will likely never be bundled.
Wasn't that game supposed to be the first in a trilogy? I seem to recall a lot of hype about it and then it came out and tanked.

"ASUS VS228H-P 21.5-Inch Full-HD 5ms LED-Lit LCD Monitor"

Didn't really know what to grab and that had good reviews on Amazon and was a best seller, so.
21.5 inch monitor is just too small now a days from pc gaming. atleast get 23"

i would get this monitor from ben q,, BenQ GL2760H Black 27" 2ms HDMI

Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor TN Panel $179.99 after promo code EMCARAP57, ends 4/9

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014378

or atleast ASUS VS Series VS238H-P 23" promo code EMCARAP62, $119.99 after rebate ends 4/9

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236175

or Acer S240HL bd Black 23.6 $114.99, budget friendly price. only con is no hdmi, but dvi works just fine unless you are gaming on a 4k monitor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009739

samsung 850 evo ssd 120gb on sale $59.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147371

amazon pricematched samsung 850 evo ssd http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OAJ5N6I/ref=twister_B00PRDMHLU?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Wasn't that game supposed to be the first in a trilogy? I seem to recall a lot of hype about it and then it came out and tanked.
Yes it was. The game ended on a cliffhanger. It was very unsatifying. It was also co-written by gay bashing racist Orson Scott Card. So maybe some people won't be too interested. Had some fun gameplay though. Bought and played through it on the Xbox before I knew what I was in for.

This is a bit off-topic but then again a vast majority of the last posts have been as well so I have no regrets.
On Wednesday I shall be joining the PC Master Race with my first PC Build ever and have all the parts coming via Amazon Prime on the same day.

That's the build! From my research this seems like a good build and I also grabbed a few extra case fans because someone advised me to do so. Any feedback? Anything I should of tweaked? That's the reason I went through Amazon is the easy simple returns if something should be changed or returned.

I am looking forward to playing my super massive backlog of Steam games I got from the years and years of sales.
also regarding power supply, never cheap out on power supply, even thought we are on cheapassgamer.

here is a guide for power supply, just use it as it was the bible

http://i.imgur.com/tgrbCnr.jpg

anything below tier 2, do not even consider it, especially with your build. it seems your psu Antec True Power Classic 750 Watt, pass the test. from that guide

Storage - consider a 250MB HD for your operating system and a 1/2TB storage drive for your games. That's what lots of us do - it's amazing how quick you run out of space.

Have fun. Building is a great experience :)

:grouphug:
250MB is not enough.. somehow, you missed the Yellow Comic Sans font

Looks like a good build. I was going to mention case fans but it looks as though you had those covered. Spend a little time looking up air flow and cable management so you can place your fans intelligently. Also keep in mind that you'll have to do a little dust maintenance from time to time. My box is on the floor under my desk so I tend to forget about it but notice this weekend that it was getting to 60C while playing games. Not critically hot, but hotter than I remembered. I had a new drive I wanted to install anyway so pulled her up and set about taking off the front of the case... bleah. Filters were all clogged up. Cleaned them all out, blew all the dust out of my CPU cooler fins and switched out the rear stock case fan with a beefier model. Back up and running at ~45C during game time. Much better. Saves on fans and power as well if they're not running full bore 24/7 trying to move air through the blanket of filter dust.

I haven't gotten on the SSD bandwagon yet but I now have a 500GB, 1TB and 2TB drive in my case. Just keep pluggin' them in there.
a question regarding cleaning. how long should you wait to clean your pc if it is on the flooor? 4-6 months?

Does anyone want  Guest Pass: Killing Floor

It gave me two when I purchased the game.  I can send through steam.

a question regarding cleaning. how long should you wait to clean your pc if it is on the flooor? 4-6 months?
First of all putting your PC on the floor should be a capital crime. Secondly, I clean my PC weekly and it's on my desk with dust filters. Why would you not clean it often?

First of all putting your PC on the floor should be a capital crime. Secondly, I clean my PC weekly and it's on my desk with dust filters. Why would you not clean it often?
Maybe his doesn't get stained with orphan tears like yours does?

I didn't realize the Eris DLC is 74% off, which I believe is the cheapest it's been. y u fail to mention this?

The DLC has also never been bundled before.
y u fail 2 mention im the 1 who told u

And the soundtrack has no discount. COME ON.
Yeah, but at least the soundtrack's base price is only $1. Definitely reasonable compared to some devs who have it as more expensive than the game itself.

I didn't realize the Eris DLC is 74% off, which I believe is the cheapest it's been. y u fail to mention this?

The DLC has also never been bundled before.
DLC does not give +1. Otherwise, I was totally remiss.

Edit: Also - 75% or GTFO.

Mine is on a hard surface so it's not as though there's carpeting in the PSU intake.

I don't know how "often" it should be cleaned but presumably more often than when there'll be a 15C difference in temps after cleaning it :lol:

I've never cleaned my PC. How does that make you feel?

HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL BRUTICIS?!

Its only been in this case for a couple of months

also regarding power supply, never cheap out on power supply, even thought we are on cheapassgamer.

here is a guide for power supply, just use it as it was the bible

http://i.imgur.com/tgrbCnr.jpg

anything below tier 2, do not even consider it, especially with your build. it seems your psu Antec True Power Classic 750 Watt, pass the test. from that guide
That infographic is...er...not bad, I guess. It seems to simplify things a bit and is somewhat over-reliant on brand names and models on the box rather than actual manufacturers. It's Tier 5 is a list of store and no-name brands without any real differentiation based on actual builder--and unless you know enough about what is actually in a box from those brands that's probably a good thing.

I know that I've had positive experiences with finding well-made PSUs from quality manufacturers inside some off-brand boxes. but that is not at all something that can be counted on.

That infographic is...er...not bad, I guess. It seems to simplify things a bit and is somewhat over-reliant on brand names and models on the box rather than actual manufacturers. It's Tier 5 is a list of store and no-name brands without any real differentiation based on actual builder--and unless you know enough about what is actually in a box from those brands that's probably a good thing.

I know that I've had positive experiences with finding well-made PSUs from quality manufacturers inside some off-brand boxes. but that is not at all something that can be counted on.
unless you are running htpc/media box, no point in risking with no-name brand psus

the list is highly reliable, it is compiled through numerous research. if you want to see your pc going up in flames, then go with the tier 5s

if you want to see your pc going up in flames, then go with the tier 5s
That's a highly generalized statement. What you usually get with higher quality beyond the obvious durability, longevity and stability is quality control. Most lower tier models suffer from a higher doa and/or premature failure rate. To say your computer will literally burn up is a bit naive. Possible, yes. Likely, no. I've been through dozens of power supplies in my own computers of varying qualities over the years and have stressed them in various ways, never have I had a meltdown. I will agree that power supplies are one of the components I tend to spend a little more on, but certainly not the upper echelon.

This dust and fan talk ties into my recent experience with my gpu overheating and locking up my pc with the alpha 11 update to 7 Days to Die. I've made a huge mistake in my airflow setup.

That's a highly generalized statement. What you usually get with higher quality beyond the obvious durability, longevity and stability is quality control. Most lower tier models suffer from a higher doa and/or premature failure rate. To say your computer will literally burn up is a bit naive. Possible, yes. Likely, no. I've been through dozens of power supplies in my own computers of varying qualities over the years and have stressed them in various ways, never have I had a meltdown. I will agree that power supplies are one of the components I tend to spend a little more on, but certainly not the upper echelon.
but chances of frying your motherboards are pretty high

Power supplies are a total racket anyway.  I just jam some nails into my molex connectors and then plug them directly into the wall.  It's all the same electricity.

This dust and fan talk ties into my recent experience with my gpu overheating and locking up my pc with the alpha 11 update to 7 Days to Die. I've made a huge mistake in my airflow setup.
maybe it has something to do with your graphics card as well, such as heatsinks

bread's done
Back