Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Non sequitur.

Literally.

The "bundle" on offer allows you to buy one of the included games for $1. So are you arguing that buying this bundle with one game is never a good idea?

Yes, I'm just being an asshole. Happy Christmas, everyone!
A one-game "bundle" is not a real bundle. It's a single game.

Last edited by a moderator:
tq9SlUb.png

Any opinions on any of these? They all seem like bundle fodder, but then again I've been telling myself that for 2 years for some of them. 

I keep waiting for Planet Coaster to show up in a monthly, but I'm sure I could get $10 worth of enjoyment out of it. I need to stop hoarding my Steam wallet and expecting good sales.

tq9SlUb.png

Any opinions on any of these? They all seem like bundle fodder, but then again I've been telling myself that for 2 years for some of them.

I keep waiting for Planet Coaster to show up in a monthly, but I'm sure I could get $10 worth of enjoyment out of it. I need to stop hoarding my Steam wallet and expecting good sales.
Bought and never played:
The Park

Miasmata

Through the Woods

Bought and played:

Near Death

Town of Light

Both of these are like walking sim type games. Near Death is a survival/mystery in the cold. Town of Light is a mystery in an abandoned hospital. I enjoyed the little I played of both so if that's your thing I'd say they are worth the asking price.

Oh man... so I just went to sell some cards and these crappy 'knick-knacks' and I can't because you have to have a Steam purchase between 7 days and a year old.  Last thing I bought from Steam was November 2017 -- Borderlands 2 Christmas DLC!  Never mind the fact I've been on Steam for 10+ years and used to buy multiple games until they shit the bed in the sales department.

Yes, look at the 3rd and 5th picture and you'll see. Also, my page had an extra 5% coupon to clip so check to see if you have that.
I dew ind33d! No arrr gee beee but that case I'm getting tucks the PSU into a side compartment so you couldn't even see it anyway. Not that I'm going RGB -- too much extra money wasted. Grabbing some fans that have red LED lights but mostly because they're a decent deal at $17 for a pair.

Edit: Although I doubt I'll ever need 750 watts for anything but for whatever reason the 550-650 PSUs seem to cost the same or more. I guess they're clearing out stock on higher end stuff.

I dew ind33d! No arrr gee beee but that case I'm getting tucks the PSU into a side compartment so you couldn't even see it anyway. Not that I'm going RGB -- too much extra money wasted. Grabbing some fans that have red LED lights but mostly because they're a decent deal at $17 for a pair.
Believe it or not, I have a regular non-RGB PSU myself. Mine is only like half modular.

I have RGB on the MOBO, CPU Cooler, and GFX Card, but I didn't seek those out. I do have all blue lights around the case but they weren't much more than regular fans. A few have started crapping out recently (I think bearings going bad) but I have too many anyway so I just disconnect them and keep trucking.

Should I buy now or should i wait for Christmas or after Christmas will the prices be better now or later

Hey guys, I don't really have the energy for the kinds of mind games and contests I used to cook up, so we'll just call this a 12 Days of Christmas deal that I'm starting on December 22 because I felt like it. I'm just going to randomly give away some stuff from my spreadsheet every so often so just pop into this thread when you have a chance to see whether I've edited this post.

It may take me anywhere from a few minutes to half a day to respond, especially on the BIG DAY, so be patient. Usual rules apply: PM, regulars get preference, otherwise it's first come, first served. If anything doesn't get selected in a day, I'll replace it with something else. 

Here's what's on offer at the moment (games in red have expired, meaning they're technically still available, so if you want one, let me know):

Day 1:

Orwell: Keeping An Eye on You (aka the first game)
Hollow Knight
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War III

Battle Chef Brigade
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Moon Hunters
Endless Legend
Silence

Day 2:

Rain World
Dead Island: Definitive Edition
Project CARS 2
7 Days to Die
Warhammer: End Times Vermintide
Project Highrise
Oriental Empires
Killing Floor 1
The Flame in the Flood

Day 3:

Wizard of Legend
Resident Evil Revelations
Wuppo
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
Anna's Quest
Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders
Borderlands 1 GOTY
King of Dragon Pass
Saints Row 2
Jotun

Day 4:

Warhammer 40K Dawn of War GOTY
Talisman Digital Edition
Tales of Berseria
Beholder
Empire: Total War Collection
Epistory - Typing Chronicles
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Final Cut
Deadlight DC
Poker Night at the Inventory

Day 5:

Avadon: The Black Fortress

Bastion

Awesomenauts

Anodyne

Electronic Super Joy

Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition

Redshirt

Has anyone played Project CARS 2? If you're not very good at racing games, but enjoy things like FH3 and Burnout Paradise, would you like it or is it better suited for people who are actually competent at fake driving?

Has anyone played Project CARS 2? If you're not very good at racing games, but enjoy things like FH3 and Burnout Paradise, would you like it or is it better suited for people who are actually competent at fake driving?
I've played 1 and I assume they are similar and the answer is this is for people who are competent at fake driving (which I'm not) so run away! We bronighted it and I did not enjoy it at all. It's super sim and I suck at those.

I think the best "deal" I've gotten so far was paying full price for Beat Saber... I then proceeded to get that awesome song manager and DL'd a bunch.  That game is now so good, I'm pulling out my desktop onto the TV for X-Mas so everyone gets to play.

I always hit GVGMall . com to find such great deals on cheap steam gift cards. [SIZE=11pt]Steam Gift Cards work just like gift certificates, which can be redeemed on Steam for the purchase of games, software, hardware, and any other item you can purchase on Steam. [/SIZE]

NewEgg Deals - Steam keys / digital codes:

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (Base + ALL DLC's) - $3.99

Just Case 3 (base-game) - $3.99

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (base-game) - $3.99

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20th Anniversary Edition - $9.99 with promo code EMCERRR26

-- Includes RotTR Base + All DLC's

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Croft Edition - $39.99 with promo code EMCERRR27

-- Includes SotTR Base Game + Season Pass + OST + Extra stuff

If that happens to be the only thing you want from the Humble Monthly, let me know. I'm 99% certain I'm going to buy it for the other early reveals but have no interest in Project Cars.

I think the best "deal" I've gotten so far was paying full price for Beat Saber... I then proceeded to get that awesome song manager and DL'd a bunch. That game is now so good, I'm pulling out my desktop onto the TV for X-Mas so everyone gets to play.
I checked it out but it looks to be VR only?

10 Of The Best Steam PC Games On Sale For $10 Or Less.

Dead by Daylight - $10

The Division - $7.50

Donut Dounty - $9.75

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - $10

Hollow Knight - $10

The Orange Box - $3

Portal 2 - $2

Rainbow Six Siege - $9

Reigns: Game of Thrones - $3

Rocket League - $10
Always add the caveat for Rainbow Six Siege - DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION! It's just not worth it. Buy the regular edition and save your self the hassle of having to grind 10x as much to unlock operators just to save a few bucks.

Amazon:

Rainbow Six: Siege - UPLAY-only version key:

Standard Edition = $12

• All games maps and modes only
  • Standard unlocking rate.

"Complete" Edition = $27

• All game maps and modes
  • Standard unlocking rate.
  • Year 1 & Year 2 Passes with 16 Additional Operators
  • Year 3 Pass.
  • 10 Outbreak Collection Packs
  • 600 Rainbow Six Credits.

SIDE NOTE - Year 4 Pass is not included in any of these packages. That's $30 MSRP and sold separately.

When does the Steam sale start?
Not at all, with the looks of this so-called "sale."

It's pretty bad...when it looks like UPLAY, Origin, Amazon, GMG, GamesPlanet, and other stores are putting Steam Sales to shame.

Is the Denuvo DRM on Steam Ubi titles just because on Steam or does Ubi utilize Denuvo on Uplay as well?  Sorry to ask, but I have not bought Ubi titles on Steam in a while.  Also, do the achievements on Ubi work as I seem to recall that when buying through Steam you basically were also logging onto Uplay?

Actually got some decent games from the Fanatical Mystery Bundles, have some dupes.

W0L8I-JWM5H-R7KVA - Dead Effect 2

F6N92-LBJ4R-96HFH - Figment

LMZW7-YJ0ZI-R3Z0J - Distrust

WR09B-MWDGP-XTHE8 - Hotel Dracula

DTCCX-K2Z8J-LP7VV - The Invisible Hours

GBK5Y-6IMZJ-FIHE4 - The Sexy Brutale

TBIGQ-JJ75C-37YJW - Tropico 3 Gold

63CJ2-QYDH6-XAZPW - Layers of Fear

6IT4Q-YLKTW-HMPZ8 - Joggernauts

2IJHD-Q9GBH-CCTI8 - Replica

399K6-D7GYE-CKD63 - Beholder

I consider myself competent with racing games and I'm staring clear of PC2. Tried the first and, well, wheel setup felt like a must. I can run a McLaren P1 around Spa in FM7 like its nothing (aka I know the racing line and breaking spot) and the same car and track in PC1 had me questioning my desire to play it.

Some decent deals outside of Steam at least.  Grabbed Dragon Quest for just under $30 at GMG with the VIP coupon along with some other stuff.  Didn't think to look at that GMG credit thing though so I missed out on mystery games.  *shrug*

This is getting bad... I'm going to have to go back to computer case talk.  The Corsair 240 I wanted apparently can't fit GPU's higher than 120mm (which most modern ones are these days).  So I've decided on the Fractal Mini Focus whenever it drifts back into stock on Amazon.  It's actually about $30 cheaper than the Corsair so... yay.

So off topic but we occasionally talk TV shows so why not?

Hulu just emailed me my stats for the year and I watched 94,820 minutes on hulu this year. I suspect 90% of it was Brooklyn 99 while I was sleeping during the day... I feel I've saved the show from the axe twice now.

Oh, finished season 8 of the Walking Dead within the last month. I don't really understand people's complaints but I suspect being able to watch it all over the course of a week or so likely helps with the slow parts.

Also finally watched Breaking Bad (finished this morning) and it was excellent TV, very solidly made in all that, but I'm not seeing it as the "best TV show ever" that many people consider it to be... I almost wonder if seeing it all so quickly with no offseason to wonder what could happen hurt my viewing of it.q

Merry Xmas you bunch of pizza shaming, hardware obsessed, trifling "deal" seeking but still fakeying, mother licking degenerates

ZKFMQ-JJEYL-V844V
RF2C8-6GVDN-CBPAB
CR9DP-NLBEI-VHLVT
T2LXM-AMHTW-IDTE5
CVPG6-ZX6H3-2QR77
EX3G5-F67N3-58JJE
MQFHM-PI7IR-Z6LJP

EA Origin:

Origin's up to 85% off sale.

Notable BioWare Premium DLC Sale:

Dragon Age 2: DLC Bundle* = $9.99

Mass Effect 2: DLC Bundle* = $9.99

Mass Effect 3: DLC Bundle* = $11.99

* Must own the respective base-game to play a game's specific DLC Bundle.
Are any of these 'must haves' for the games story wise or just extra added fluff? Tempted by the dragon age 2 bundle since I think I have goty versions of 1 and 3 that I haven't played yet. I played mass effect 1 and about 1/3 of the second one probably 10 years ago or so and have been meaning to finish off the trilogy but havent.

Watch some videos of MHW, if it looks fun then you will probably enjoy it.  It is one of those games people either love or hate though.  I have a couple hundred hours in it on PS4.   

Are any of these 'must haves' for the games story wise or just extra added fluff? Tempted by the dragon age 2 bundle since I think I have goty versions of 1 and 3 that I haven't played yet. I played mass effect 1 and about 1/3 of the second one probably 10 years ago or so and have been meaning to finish off the trilogy but havent.
I've only played DA2 once, can't remember what the dlc was about so can't answer that. But the DLC for ME2 + 3 is very good overall, and some parts of it (Arrival, From Ashes, Leviathan) are all either somewhat integral or at least contribute to the main story line. Leviathan in particular

bread's done
Back