Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I have a coupon code for a free pepperoni P'Zone from Pizza Hut. The code expires tonight, so if you still need to eat dinner just quote this post and I'll PM the code to you.[customspoiler=*]Priority will be given to someone who doesn't put pineapple on pizza. ;)[/customspoiler]

xz7PBRm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a coupon code for a free pepperoni P'Zone from Pizza Hut. The code expires tonight, so if you still need to eat dinner just quote this post and I'll PM the code to you.[customspoiler=*]Priority will be given to someone who doesn't put pineapple on pizza. ;)[/customspoiler]
I'm convinced one of you nerds just got a job on the editorial board of The Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2019/04/24/where-does-your-go-to-frozen-pizza-rank-we-tried-15-and-the-worst-one-might-surprise-you/?utm_term=.bd14d9d05c35

Eh, the winner in the article annoys me.

"Look fancyish".

It damn well should. It's a $12 frozen pizza from Whole Foods. At that point it just seems like you're missing the point since you're right around the price of an average pizza from a local pizzaria.

It's like those stupid hipster articles about taste tests of 40s and bottom shelf vodka and rum.

Eh, the winner in the article annoys me.
"Look fancyish".
It damn well should. It's a $12 frozen pizza from Whole Foods. At that point it just seems like you're missing the point since you're right around the price of an average pizza from a local pizzaria.
Kinda depends where you are. Decent local pizzerias can run from under $10 for a medium pie all the way up to close to $20, and that’s just places I’ve seen around the eastern seaboard (and not including more than a couple toppings).

I’d never pay $12 for a frozen pizza, no matter where I lived, though.

Meh at pizzas and backlogged games.  I went plant shopping today, I'm backlogging Japanese maples and peonies, bitches.  

And also I backlogged more games and frozen (low carb) pizzas.  The Atkins pizzas are actually better than a lot of the cheap frozen shit (this is not saying much, to be fair) and the only way I am eating any pizza until I get lean enough that I am fully comfortable running again, at which point I can kinda eat whatever again and only worry about fucking up my arteries and dying in ten years.

Meh at pizzas and backlogged games. I went plant shopping today, I'm backlogging Japanese maples and peonies, bitches.

And also I backlogged more games and frozen (low carb) pizzas. The Atkins pizzas are actually better than a lot of the cheap frozen shit (this is not saying much, to be fair) and the only way I am eating any pizza until I get lean enough that I am fully comfortable running again, at which point I can kinda eat whatever again and only worry about fucking up my arteries and dying in ten years.
Good luck, dropped 90, then went back up 40. But still running. I am determined to do a 10K. Already at 5K. Doc basically said anything over 200 is too hard on the knees and you shouldn't. But the military had a completely different stance. So one has to wonder if anyone knows wtf their talking about.

Good luck, dropped 90, then went back up 40. But still running. I am determined to do a 10K. Already at 5K. Doc basically said anything over 200 is too hard on the knees and you shouldn't. But the military had a completely different stance. So one has to wonder if anyone knows wtf their talking about.
I'd say no one knows what they are talking about but the military probably didn't give two shits about how your knees would be after 40.

Good luck, dropped 90, then went back up 40. But still running. I am determined to do a 10K. Already at 5K. Doc basically said anything over 200 is too hard on the knees...

You should be good then... The doc saying you shouldn't run over 200K in a stretch.... That would be pushing it...

New bundle at Fanatical. Tremendous young and vibrant bundle, like me. Great news for our country. Tremendous.

DotEmu Classics Bundle

Karateka
Pang Adventures
Raiden Legacy
Little Big Adventure
Little Big Adventure 2
Raptor: Call of The Shadows – 2015 Edition
Double Dragon Trilogy
Sanitarium
The Last Express Gold Edition

all for $1.99

If you click through the 10% off coupon email many, many of you should have in your emails it's $1.79. I know deals, trust me.

inb4 Foxhack hates it

New bundle at Fanatical. Tremendous young and vibrant bundle, like me. Great news for our country. Tremendous.

DotEmu Classics Bundle

Karateka
Pang Adventures
Raiden Legacy
Little Big Adventure
Little Big Adventure 2
Raptor: Call of The Shadows – 2015 Edition
Double Dragon Trilogy
Sanitarium
The Last Express Gold Edition

all for $1.99

If you click through the 10% off coupon email many, many of you should have in your emails it's $1.79. I know deals, trust me.

inb4 Foxhack hates it
Pre-emptive obstruction of port-hating. Same old Trumpcat.

Meh at pizzas and backlogged games. I went plant shopping today, I'm backlogging Japanese maples and peonies, bitches.
I have three years' worth of sample shrubs sitting on my back patio still in their pots from Proven Winners sending me stuff each season to report back how it does.

Get on my level, noob.

They all survived being frozen solid during the polar vortex -35F temps so I think I feel guilty enough to plant them this spring.

Why do I need to put my triple-screen setup into Surround mode to be able to play racing games in the proper format?  It is bullshit and I'm tired of it.  No, I haven't read the posts on this page, why do you ask!?

I have three years' worth of sample shrubs sitting on my back patio still in their pots from Proven Winners sending me stuff each season to report back how it does.

Get on my level, noob.
Unfair. I have to buy my plants to sit around in pots. Although all the free plants in the world isn't worth a winter where temperatures hit -35f. Our average winter has our worst nights in single digits somewhere and every winter I wish I had the money to go to Florida for a few months or something.

Also I actually already had a backlog of things to plant I just added to it. I have a bit of an issue with self control when it comes to plant buying. If I buy a bunch of clearance shit at Lowes or Wal-Mart or something, who really cares I come home with a truck full of junk and paid very little. After I go a bit crazy at a nursery, that is where the real problem lies. Someday a tornado is going to flatten everything in my yard but not have the decency to take me with it and I'm going to just walk out in front of a semi. :rofl:

Why do I need to put my triple-screen setup into Surround mode to be able to play racing games in the proper format? It is bullshit and I'm tired of it. No, I haven't read the posts on this page, why do you ask!?
No one expects you to read the posts. Only about one-third of us ever do. However. . .

Tell me more about this complaint about racing games. I only have two screens and a GTX 1050ti with a pair of stereo speakers and I can play Forza Motorsport 6 and Burnout Paradise Remastered just fine.

No one expects you to read the posts. Only about one-third of us ever do. However. . .

Tell me more about this complaint about racing games. I only have two screens and a GTX 1050ti with a pair of stereo speakers and I can play Forza Motorsport 6 and Burnout Paradise Remastered just fine.
Basically I refuse to play any racing games (sans Forza Horizon) not in triple screen and to do so I need to enable Surround mode (Nvidia control panel) and it essentially mimics 1 screen from my 3 actual screens. This allows me to choose an ultra-wide resolution 5760x1080 which spans all 3 screens. If I do not enable Surround mode, when I go to play games I do not have the option to choose the preferred ultra-wide resolution or the option to span all 3 screens. Now, if it were simply a toggle to enable/disable Surround mode then that wouldn't be a problem. However, when toggling Surround mode you are required to reconfigure the screen location and position (and each screen identity will change on confirmation, which is great) and you lose any color calibration settings you may have had (I always calibrate warm screen settings).

I used to just enable it and deal with it (when enabled, all full-screen applications ((games,youtube,twitch...etc)) all span the entire spectrum of displays so full-screen is essentially useless for movies). However, I have recently added a smaller monitor to use which is in a more ergonomic seating position and I like using that when not gaming so having Surround mode enabled by default isn't viable anymore.

Basically, when I want to play racing games now it is a 10 minute endeavor setting up and then a 5 minute endeavor shutting it down (I know I know, first world problems) and that time really starts to add up over the course of a week or month. It would all be solved if I simply didn't need to enable Surround mode. BTW, in case someone was going to mention this, custom resolutions do not work, I am always presented with a timing (refresh rate) error which makes no sense because they are all 60hz.

Basically I refuse to play any racing games (sans Forza Horizon) in triple screen and to do so I need to enable Surround mode (Nvidia control panel) and it essentially mimics 1 screen from my 3 actual screens. This allows me to choose an ultra-wide resolution 5760x1080 which spans all 3 screens. If I do not enable Surround mode, when I go to play games I do not have the option to choose the preferred ultra-wide resolution or the option to span all 3 screens. Now, if it were simply a toggle to enable/disable Surround mode then that wouldn't be a problem. However, when toggling Surround mode you are required to reconfigure the screen location and position (and each screen identity will change on confirmation, which is great) and you lose any color calibration settings you may have had (I always calibrate warm screen settings).

I used to just enable it and deal with it (when enabled, all full-screen applications ((games,youtube,twitch...etc)) all span the entire spectrum of displays so full-screen is essentially useless for movies). However, I have recently added a smaller monitor to use which is in a more ergonomic seating position and I like using that when not gaming so having Surround mode enabled by default isn't viable anymore.

Basically, when I want to play racing games now it is a 10 minute endeavor setting up and then a 5 minute endeavor shutting it down (I know I know, first world problems) and that time really starts to add up over the course of a week or month. It would all be solved if I simply didn't need to enable Surround mode. BTW, in case someone was going to mention this, custom resolutions do not work, I am always presented with a timing (refresh rate) error which makes no sense because they are all 60hz.
im-sorry-i-wasnt-listening-the-dude-gif-big-lebowski-sheriff-scene.gif

The rendition of Sonic in the new movie trailer is straight out of a horror movie.
As I said in another thread when the first renders surfaced, he looks the way I imagine some understudy at Dreamworks would design a hedgehog from the Redwall universe if he was inspired by the style of Loonatics Unleashed.

Only naked and blue.

wait are you serious? if so, how is it?
Level 31 now, so yeah.

I think it has potential, but it's target audience is definitely not a die hard ES RPG fan. It's got ES lore and setting, but it's mostly kind of a bastardized mash-up of a clicker and loot game. Combat is simplistic tap and hold melee or tap to activate spells/abilities, but effective enough. There's crafting, character progression and (lots of) grinding for resources. Enemies have resistances and weaknesses, there's multiple damage types and combo and critical damage multipliers. Though, there are a ton of things that I feel need to be tweaked before it leaves early access. For one, the skill trees are janky. The placement of some skills are nonsensical and skill costs (to unlock and to use) ramp up too much for how ineffective (though necessary) they are. Builds are limited as you can't reliably play a mage due to the max equipped spells being 3 and there is no archery. Weapon swamping which is necessary at higher levels is tedious. Tempering is pointless as crafting the next class of gear is usually cheaper though repair costs for higher class gear get rather costly. Questing (jobs and main quest) are repetitive as are the locations. Respecing, while a nice inclusion (and I feel necessary) is also stupidly costly. And currently there is a lack of endgame motivation after (if) you hit the level cap of 50. And so on.

However, I can play it for a few minutes at a time and feel like I've done something. And all of the aspects that I don't like are definitely fixable. It won't be for everyone. Until I hit the mid 40's (which I hear xp gain has been nerfed) I'll keep grinding away.

Ah, eight tornado warnings around here with more storms popping up still.    But now spring is officially here!  And ya'll thought I was joking about a tornado flattening my yard one of these days.

The rendition of Sonic in the new movie trailer is straight out of a horror movie.
Sonic looks terrible, but it ALSO has James Marsden (he's still acting?) and JIM CARREY as Eggman. Nobody needed this movie, let alone with this cast and special effects.

it ALSO has James Marsden (he's still acting?)
Every time I see that dude pop up in a movie anymore, I say the same damn thing. He seems reasonably talented and I've never heard a lady comment on him being unattractive, so I wonder whose d*ck he didn't suck to get shelved like he has. Whenever I notice Disturbing Behavior is free on one of the streaming apps, I'll give it a watch for ole Marsden. Poor, forgotten Jimmy Marsden.

Every time I see that dude pop up in a movie anymore, I say the same damn thing. He seems reasonably talented and I've never heard a lady comment on him being unattractive, so I wonder whose d*ck he didn't suck to get shelved like he has. Whenever I notice Disturbing Behavior is free on one of the streaming apps, I'll give it a watch for ole Marsden. Poor, forgotten Jimmy Marsden.
Well he was a supporting? semi-main? not a bit character in westworld

bread's done
Back