Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
No one died. You just have to buy it at Epic. Lol
How about "I'd rather die than purchase something from Epic store"?

tenor.gif

I tried to put tim sweeney's pedo looking face over the Predator's but I'm bad at gif'ing

Here you go you filthy animals!

Pumped BMX        FLKI2-LZA6M-4DTXN

Iron Fisticle           0HW28-APZBI-GTENH

Ther Came An Echo    NDY3J-8Y8C9-6JIHJ

Goat Punks         RH6XY-9CPKE-9B42K

all Steam

Epic is actually trying to do something good with their title exclusivity. Steam has monopolized the PC gaming market for so long that now they offer 10% discounts on year-old games and act like that's a fucking sale. Every sale is absolute garbage because no other client comes close to their numbers and integration. And Epic only takes 15% of sales, whereas Steam takes 30%.

I'm all for EGS throwing their hat in the ring to make Steam act like they give a shit about users again. I'm buying BL3 on EGS just so Gearbox gets more of my money, too. I just hope that their aggressive modeling works out in our favor and they don't get smothered by Gaben's greasy bacon fat-covered triple chin gauntlet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remnant: From the Ashes is one of the best day 0 (actually -3) buys I've made since I don't know when. Maybe when Monster Hunter World first came out. It isn't Dark Souls, hard to say I'll love it the same way, but it scratches a lot of itches for me right now. Really excited to see how this game unfolds down the road with further sequels, DLC, uncovering secrets, etc.

Epic is actually trying to do something good with their title exclusivity.

I just hope that their aggressive modeling works out in our favor and they don't get smothered by Gaben's greasy bacon fat-covered triple chin gauntlet.
I have no issue with them entering the market but it's not breaking up a monopoly when it's just moving the monopoly to another location.

As for it working out in our favor? Even if EGS wins I don't think it will be to our advantage. Publishers are serious about the PC market (again) and it's not a slash prices and just get whatever money they can get world anymore.

The Ubisoft store is having a GamesCom Sale, and it includes the season pass for AC Odyssey for $20 ($16 if you spend your Uplay Units)  This is the first time I've seen the PC season pass on sale, and I've been waiting for it after getting the base game free from the Google beta earlier this year.

Since it's new and relatively popular I'm giving a mini review of Dicey Dungeons. First of all the aesthetic is relatively decent and reminds me of Loot Rascals. This game is a lot funner than that one though. So much of it is RNG dependent though and I really don't even want to call this one a deck builder. You go around and fight enemies and roll a set amount of dice and use equipment based on whatever rolls it takes to activate them. Most equipment is 1 use a turn unless it says otherwise  that you can use equipment multiple times. It is really simple overall and every character plays a bit different. I ended up playing as 4 characters (Warrior, Thief, Robot, Bear (not sure if this is a real character but I got it using an alchemist potion as a thief)). Each run lasted about 40ish minutes or so. The story is basically nonexistent where you have to win and you spin on the wheel to possibly have your dream come true.  Honestly this feels very shallow at times. You're at the mercy of the randomly generated landscapes/enemies and your dice rolls, though some equipment and abilities help mitigate luck to get certain rolls. It feels like a good not great rouge like. I refuse to call this a deck builder, as the the only building you do is gathering your equipment and organizing it on a grid. It's like a 6.5/10. Very fun at times, but worth waiting for it to be bundled. Likely going to refund.

W: Paypal gift payments

H:

Darksiders 2 Deathfinitive - $2

Frozen Synapse Prime - $1

Staxel - $3

Kane & Lynch Collection - $3

Startopia - $1

Syberia 1+2 = $1
Or

$5 Paypal gift for everything

I have no issue with them entering the market but it's not breaking up a monopoly when it's just moving the monopoly to another location.

As for it working out in our favor? Even if EGS wins I don't think it will be to our advantage. Publishers are serious about the PC market (again) and it's not a slash prices and just get whatever money they can get world anymore.

I don't think they'll ever become a monopoly, they just have exclusivity for certain games for a while. And can you really blame them, or blame publishers for wanting more of the revenue? That extra 15% is pretty big, especially for new releases. That will be huge when BL3 is released, and I don't think people should boycott it or get all pissed off that it's not on Steam.

Buying from them might end up being fruitless if their client ever goes tits up, but I'm at least hopeful that their ability to offer lower discounts will result in better Steam sales. And there's always the possibility that Steam will integrate them, just like GOG has integrated Steam. I'm a Steamboi with over 10k trash games, but just because Trump is my president doesn't mean Steam is my client. Gotta be receptive of challengers if we want real change.

Thinking about getting a gaming PC with my Gamestop credit, but I feel like it would be such a dumb decision since I already own all six platforms for this current console generation and barely have time to play my 600+ backlog as it is.

But you all seem so happy with PC gaming that I want to join in. Plus, Warcraft 3 is one of my all-time favorites, so I'd like to play the remastered version when released.

Thinking about getting a gaming PC with my Gamestop credit, but I feel like it would be such a dumb decision since I already own all six platforms for this current console generation and barely have time to play my 600+ backlog as it is.
But you all seem so happy with PC gaming that I want to join in. Plus, Warcraft 3 is one of my all-time favorites, so I'd like to play the remastered version when released.
Happy? No. This is a tumultuous time, full of confusion and pixels. We're at a crossroads between this and that, also... pizza.

Free Games:

Undead vs Plants - DCHP7-TWK52-8H8GL
Beast Blaster - D93RF-0IV6G-3E4EE
MiniBikers - DNMZY-XWG3H-NIB9G
Case #8 - DFWXZ-F8JN3-0PJEE
Pinball FX2 - Star Wars™ Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack - 9I7RM-C9B3A-YBY7N
Poker Night at the Inventory - J4EJH-DMFC3-69H88
Poker Night 2 - DIBTR-PGABD-6NLLB
Retro City Rampage DX - 5TKD4-2QH7I-J0DQL
Analogue: A Hate Story - 6C40X-PKRTE-64FRL

Rayman® Origins - FFJA-AVN6-3NNP-M3EH     (Uplay)

:wave: :wave:

Free Games:

Rayman® Origins - FFJA-AVN6-3NNP-M3EH (Uplay)

Got Rayman Origins. Thank you very much! You are awesome!

Epic is actually trying to do something good with their title exclusivity. Steam has monopolized the PC gaming market for so long that now they offer 10% discounts on year-old games and act like that's a fucking sale. Every sale is absolute garbage because no other client comes close to their numbers and integration. And Epic only takes 15% of sales, whereas Steam takes 30%.

I'm all for EGS throwing their hat in the ring to make Steam act like they give a shit about users again. I'm buying BL3 on EGS just so Gearbox gets more of my money, too. I just hope that their aggressive modeling works out in our favor and they don't get smothered by Gaben's greasy bacon fat-covered triple chin gauntlet.
This is BULLSHIT. B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/08/why-one-pc-developer-turned-down-the-security-of-epics-exclusivity-offer/

So you either take their exclusivity bullcrap or you hit the road.

So while EGS isn't full of crap or weebo or other various stuff... it isn't "helping" the market at all.

Thinking about getting a gaming PC with my Gamestop credit
My recommendation would be find ways to move the gs credit to amz or somewhere else. Then you can buy components at competitive prices or, if you're not interested in learning that route, at least get a better prebuilt system than whatever "new" pre-licked gaming machines you could get direct from gs.

Free Games:

Thank you, I got the poker nights and beastblaster.

Haven't seen anyone post this tremendous bundle on Fanatical. Tremendous bundle. The Indie Legends Bundle. Tremendously legendary indie bundle. 

$1 tier:

Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide
Play the hero and survive an apocalyptic invasion from hordes of relentless rat-men, band together with your friends or die alone

OPUS: The Day We Found Earth
Space exploration and stargazing done right. Spend your nights relaxing and looking through a space telescope to find the secrets of the Universe.

Monstrum
Survival horror, but not as you know it. Monstrum contains procedurally generated levels, permadeath and AI driven predators that are on the cargo ship.

Ice Lakes
Kick back and relax with a fishing simulator that takes you to frozen lakes in order to find the next ‘Catch of the Day’.

$4.99 tier:

Medieval Kingdom Wars
Start rewriting history in the RTS and Grand Strategy fusion combat game with all the brutality you can expect from a Medieval setting.

Windward
Sail forward fighting pirates, trading with towns, doing quests or simply just explore in this multiplayer sandbox game that puts you on a procedurally generated sea. 

911 Operator
‘Winner of the Best Indie Game award, take on the role of an emergency dispatcher to make sure the emergency services get to the right place on time.

Tesla vs Lovecraft
Stomp around the streets in an immensely powerful war machine mowing down opponents with twin-mounted Tesla-Miniguns top down shooter.

Oriental Empires
Command hundreds of soldiers on the battlefield at one time as you build up your cities and conquer this realistic recreation of Ancient China.

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Become the great detective of all time in a story full of mystery only someone with such a title can solve.

$7.99 tier:

Do Not Feed the Monkeys
Anything can happen as you invade the privacy of strangers in this highly rated game with multiple endings.

Day of Infamy Deluxe Edition
Get stuck into the realistic teamwork WWII FPS that still has a thriving community despite being released in 2017

I absolutely did not cut and paste this from my Steam activity page. I hand typed these descriptions, no one else can hand type game descriptions like I can. Trust me.

OK, I have to go talk to my generals advisers about more plans to invade buy Greenland. No more questions.  Thank you. Thank you. No more questions.

Free Games:

Tremendous! Three hours later and I grabbed MiniBikers. Those Russian hackers are slipping.

Please, no more questions. Thanks.

I really wouldn't have as much of any issue if their client and site were actually feature complete (I mean, no shopping cart? Who thinks that's a good design choice?) and if I actually felt I could trust them with my data.  

Have a look at thier roadmap. Can any company seriously say that their product should be live for a year or more without a function as simple as a shopping cart?  https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap 

Sure, every technology company is going to have issues, but there's been a bunch piling up for Epic. 
Inappropriately accessing data from Steam.

Allowing token hijacking from a deprecated Unreal tournament site. 
Allowing account to be created without verifying legitimacy of data (one of my email accounts was already in use for Epic's site despite me never signing up for the account. A reasonable company would at a minimum send an email saying "You're registering this account, can you verify?)- I'd imagine they eventually got around to fixing this, but it was a thing they did. 
Sending a user's requested GDPR data to a random third party. 
Dubious adherence to GDPR standards. 

Yeah, this is me being fussy, but really, what do they offer that's all that special?

Metro Exodus has been clearance priced at some big box stores for the consoles for $14.99 and is on Xbox Games Pass.
Borderlands 3 is going to be a mountain of DLC and probably bundled to hell and back and eventually shopped to every platform that will allow it just like Borderlands 2.  

Thankfully, I don't think there's been a game- one given away or one that's exclusive that was a "had to have". 

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos. 

Right now, Valve should be spending 1000% of their efforts on hacking into and cracking personal data at the Epic Game Store in order to take them down in one fell swoop.    That would be the shrewd play. 

Right now, Valve should be spending 1000% of their efforts on hacking into and cracking personal data at the Epic Game Store in order to take them down in one fell swoop. That would be the shrewd play.
A dedicated FUD campaign could probably do pretty well. Especially after a bunch of indie devs (and major devs) have seen some of their customers go as far as sending death threats to them. Is a 12% better cut and a bit of money up front worth all of that? Oh, also, if you're a small enough company to bully, you won't be allowed on Epic unless your game is exclusive to the platform.

Just had a guy flip a lid in the trade forum because I didn't respond to him within 6 hours. Apparently some people think members of this site can deliver faster than Amazon and don't have, I don't know, jobs?  :D/

Good thing for you guys, the deal (obviously) fell through but I already dug up the keys so figured I'd dump 'em on here for all you wonderful lads to enjoy (hopefully...it's really just Humble monthly junk).

Moon Hunters - HYXG0-FNPTG-BYPQ9

Paradigm - G8AAX-CMC3A-VZ22T

Pathologic Classic HD - LK7AV-JMQA3-W9FRA

Regions of Ruin - JPPHR-W28L6-RK789

Swords and Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon - E47H2-BQPIJ-KEB9F

Guns of Icarus Online Soundtrack - QZ48F-NG9R9-8VF7W

All I ask is that if you do nab a key...to let others know so they don't waste their time trying to redeem.

May have some more in the coming days and weeks as I have way more keys than I know what to do with and not even close to the required time needed to actually play them!

My recommendation would be find ways to move the gs credit to amz or somewhere else. Then you can buy components at competitive prices or, if you're not interested in learning that route, at least get a better prebuilt system than whatever "new" pre-licked gaming machines you could get direct from gs.
For sure, that's a good point. I also would enjoying learning how to build my own rig moreso than using it, probably. I'm just being lazy now though, because I don't feel like buying new consoles and games to sell them on eBay and Craigslist like I used to, so there would be a lot of effort to convert my trade credit.

I don't think they'll ever become a monopoly, they just have exclusivity for certain games for a while. And can you really blame them, or blame publishers for wanting more of the revenue? That extra 15% is pretty big, especially for new releases. That will be huge when BL3 is released, and I don't think people should boycott it or get all pissed off that it's not on Steam.

Buying from them might end up being fruitless if their client ever goes tits up, but I'm at least hopeful that their ability to offer lower discounts will result in better Steam sales. And there's always the possibility that Steam will integrate them, just like GOG has integrated Steam. I'm a Steamboi with over 10k trash games, but just because Trump is my president doesn't mean Steam is my client. Gotta be receptive of challengers if we want real change.
I'll just say I think that's a very unique opinion. One I certainly don't agree with it and just leave it at that.

That said... I get real annoyed with people telling others how to spend there money. If people want the game now they certainly have the right to get it on EGS and if people want to wait till it's on Steam they certainly have the right to do that. I view it no differently than those who want to wait a year and get the complete edition.

I myself have preordered the 2 previously numbered BLs... I won't be doing that on this one. Part of that is Gearbox, Pitchford's behavior, EGS itself, just not really being excited for it, and I'm neck deep in other games right now so it seems like a waste of money. Granted, that last part. It's always been like that and rarely stops me so you can put it down to maturity or disgust. Honestly, take your pick.

bread's done
Back