Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I think I get it now. Don't buy any digital games ever. Go back and buy some random bunduru from 2015.
mXPp62z.gif

II don't know. 40% off doesn't seem as good as in a bundle with nine other games for $4.99.
It's also on Xbox Game Pass, so unless you really need it in your Steam or GOG library, there's that.
(I should have continuing reading before sharing this. This pales in comparison to Thumbs Up gifs.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. What other parts you using on this build?
It's my same gaming PC. Just trying to pinpoint the short in my series of LL fan lighting. They glitch out and go bonkers intermittently. So I'm replacing the front RGB fans and installing the AIO cooler later.
Hopefully its not the RGB hub, any wires coming from it, or the Commander Pro. (It's actually a huge mess of double wires to get these things up and running properly). So hopefully its just a short in the daisy chain of fan wires and not one of the boxes or box wires.

I'm running an air cooler right now and was going to save the AIO for when I replace the CPU soon, but I figure that I ought to make sure it works well while I'm still within the return window so better to install it now. Even if that means an additional mess of thermal paste application.

Hoping to get a 9900K this fall and sell my 9600K to pay for it. Will sell the 9600K for a decent deal to someone on here if anyone wants to buy it; otherwise it's going on the bay. It's a slightly above average binned (53 percentile) i5-9600K that has been used for 10 months.

Welp, the AIO infinity mirror looks cool.   Temps are idling at 29-31c now instead of ~39-40c.  The rgb LL fans are working nicely again.  But holy fack do I have a wire management problem.   The AIO and rgb fans add so many wires.  Done for today tho.  Gotta get back to my BD-ROMs now. 

case-1.jpg

case-2.jpg

Go Vikings!

go-vikes.jpg

Would never buy BL3 -- or anything -- on Epic. Although from what I've read the humor is more juvenile than BL2 which doesn't make me want to play it.
To make matters worse, sounds like all versions are a technical mess.

Sounds like it's in early access.

Polygon on Borderlands 3 PC version issues galore: performance issues, stuttering issues, fps issues, etc - https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/14/20865983/borderlands-3-pc-problems-stuttering-framerate-fps-dropping-steam-forums

Eurogamer on console issues & PC issues and gamers looking for somewhere to talk about them besides Steam Forums - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-14-borderlands-3-is-suffering-from-a-raft-of-technical-issues-at-launch

PS4 console version glitch:

Borderlands_Glitch.gif

YongYea on tons of console version performance issues, PC issues on BL3, BL3 only sent to specific outlets could be tampering with the Metacritic average score, etc etc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGfg3K5luFw

Hardware Unboxed on Youtube - On how to get better performance on BL3 PC -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6FWiVwq1fI

BL3 is great.

Never could get into BL1 or 2, but this one I've been 100%'ing.  A little over halfway now and playing with friends; maybe like 26hrs so far. 

Def worth a buy 

GoG Galaxy 2.0 had a patch over the last few days...  You can now start your MS Store games via it...  If that wasn't my only complaint previously it was certainly the most important.

Edit: Stupid question I don't expect to get answered... but anyone have any experience with a computer chair company named Furmax?  My current chair is, well, not on its last leg but it squeaks and the material is giving out in one spot, so its time to start looking at a possible replacement.  (Anyhow, their products on Amazon which have reviews are good but there prices are way lower than what I would think...  but the chair market anymore is full of expensive trash...  So who knows?)

GoG Galaxy 2.0 had a patch over the last few days... You can now start your MS Store games via it... If that wasn't my only complaint previously it was certainly the most important.
Just checked out the update! So needed this addition - awesome!

Looks like we can also manually add games too. Gonna have to mess around, try some stuff not tied to a service - i.e. such as retail games.

EDIT:

Yup, just manually added Gears of War 1 (retail disc / G4WL). Added myself it to the tag of G4WL. So, in Tags when I filter, I can use G4WL to find titles of that type. Awesome.

The bugs don't surprise me.  I get the feeling the Steam launch was going to be their original launch and Epic bribed them to go six months earlier.

Considering that they had a decent amount of time with the pre-sale of Borderlands 3,  they could have easily had a beta test or stress test or whatever to see what kind of bugs were present at the time.  Consoles are going to be different than PC as XBOX and PS4 should have univerisal performance with the same hardware/software.  PC is a whole different story.  Different GPUs, CPUs, drivers etc.  Still, testing with a larger pool i.e. the people that bought pre-sale could have reported before the release and they could have fixed some bugs before release.

Considering that they had a decent amount of time with the pre-sale of Borderlands 3, they could have easily had a beta test or stress test or whatever to see what kind of bugs were present at the time. Consoles are going to be different than PC as XBOX and PS4 should have univerisal performance with the same hardware/software. PC is a whole different story. Different GPUs, CPUs, drivers etc. Still, testing with a larger pool i.e. the people that bought pre-sale could have reported before the release and they could have fixed some bugs before release.
Only thing is: Gearbox really needed that Epic $$$ so they can sink it into Aliens: CM 2. ;)

EDIT:

Is money actually somewhat valuable this time around or is it just an afterthought like it was in BL1 and BL2?
Might be worth asking that on the Epic Game Store's User Forums for BL3... ;)

Just ask on the Steam forums for BL2, thats where many were looking for help for the various performance issues with BL3.

I was debating on purchasing this. I looked at metacritic and decided on not purchasing at this time.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/borderlands-3
Given the reported performance issues on PC version, current pricing, inevitability of a GOTY Edition later, my huge backlog, and I'm so far behind on BL series (i.e. I still got BL2 DLC's and BL: TPS Base & Pass to complete) - yeah, it's an easy "hold off, for now" right now for me.

GoG Galaxy 2.0 had a patch over the last few days... You can now start your MS Store games via it... If that wasn't my only complaint previously it was certainly the most important.
Your posts and the couple of articles that I've read have me really interested in GoG Galaxy 2.0. The all-in-one platform looks super tidy and convenient. I've signed up for the beta but haven't received any admission yet.

Just back from a CAG hiatus to report that playing BL3 on PC is pretty awesome and highly enjoyable (even if it's on EPIC). Runs smoother than past BL titles, movement & combat are great, better gun play, and sliding & edge climbing are vast BL game improvements. The game looks better than BL2 as well (because TPS didn't really exist), just enough to notice. I've had no crashes at all so far with a capped 60fps at 1440p on high settings. Although, the game could use some optimizing for better overall performance.

The new characters are fun to play and the skill trees add the variety that's needed in a loot pinata game like this. I think Zane is currently my favorite, but it seems most people are playing as FL4K.

Are there some things BL3 needs to fix, uh yes. Shared Vault space needs a big increase, browsing your map is awkward and slow, slight delay after a gun swap for scope zooming could feel better/faster, and enemy scaling feels a bit off, because if you're over leveled the loot drops are 1-2 levels below your current level even if the Boss is at your level. However, the weapon's level feels less burdensome than past games, but it's still kind of annoying.

Those would be my biggest issues with the game so far. I'm likely more than halfway through my first play through of the campaign and the story is fine/good. The humor is typical Borderlands style, so just enough to make me chuckle at times or either raise an eyebrow and shake my head.

I decided not to wait on picking up BL3 next March/April on Steam mainly due to some anticipated releases around that same time frame. Plus, I usually have less time to game during the Spring. I also took advantage of the BL3 pre-order for 18% off at GMG + the Rakuten Ebates return, so that helped with the decision.

TL;DR - BL3 is great fun, but could use some fixes.

Is money actually somewhat valuable this time around or is it just an afterthought like it was in BL1 and BL2?
Money is worth a damn this time around as it's now used to upgrade ammo and backpack/vault slot capacity from Marcus. Eridium is used to buy cosmetics and to use on a specific vending machine to buy gear with anointed perks. Essentially, character specific perks. I plan to not spend any until I reach the max level cap. I think I'm sitting at round 798 Eridium so far by just playing the game.

Just back from a CAG hiatus to report that playing BL3 on PC is pretty awesome and highly enjoyable (even if it's on EPIC). Runs smoother than past BL titles, movement & combat are great, better gun play, and sliding & edge climbing are vast BL game improvements. The game looks better than BL2 as well (because TPS didn't really exist), just enough to notice. I've had no crashes at all so far with a capped 60fps at 1440p on high settings. Although, the game could use some optimizing for better overall performance.

The new characters are fun to play and the skill trees add the variety that's needed in a loot pinata game like this. I think Zane is currently my favorite, but it seems most people are playing as FL4K.
It's nice to finally hear some (good) things about BL3 changes and improvements.

If you don't mind me asking - what's the specs on your PC?

How's the frame-time? Any stuttering or slowdowns? Framerate rises/drops/bouncing around?

Looks like many Borderlands 3 PC players are having Cloud Saves issues:

https://youtu.be/Pl2jZOPkJl4

BL3 PC Cloud Save issues:

- Many Borderlands 3 PC players are having Cloud Saves issues.

- Many gamers & even some reviewers are losing hours & hours of progress.

- If it asks you which Save to use (physical or Cloud), be careful and aware of which is most up-to-date.

- Some times, the wrong files are being overwritten.

- Some times, you get an error...and it won't load your save.

- Might be worth backing up Save files now and then.

- Might be worth turning Cloud Saves OFF, until it's fixed.

If you don't mind me asking - what's the specs on your PC?

How's the frame-time? Any stuttering or slowdowns? Framerate rises/drops/bouncing around?I
I'm playing on a PC I built in April 2018. Main specs: i7-8700K w/ a slight overclock @ 4.0GHz, 16GB DDR4 3000, and an ASUS Nvidia 1080 @ 2560x1440. The game runs off an 860 EVO SSD.

I have the frame rate capped at 60 fps due to the variable frame rate received in different locations, thus the game needing some optimizing. Could be on Nvidia's side with drivers or could be something with the Unreal 4 Engine. If I run uncapped I seem to avg anywhere between 70 to 90 fps depending on the map. So there is some frame bounce, but only above 60 fps. I might play around with some setting stuff down the road, but capped 60 fps looks and runs good enough.

The only stuttering / slowdowns I've noticed are when you load into a new map. The game revs up from 1 to 60 fps in a few seconds once most of the map loads, not terrible but it could be better. It's not game breaking by any means, just a small annoyance.

I'm playing on a PC I built in April 2018. Main specs: i7-8700K w/ a slight overclock @ 4.0GHz, 16GB DDR4 3000, and an ASUS Nvidia 1080 @ 2560x1440. The game runs off an 860 EVO SSD.

I have the frame rate capped at 60 fps due to the variable frame rate received in different locations, thus the game needing some optimizing. Could be on Nvidia's side with drivers or could be something with the Unreal 4 Engine.

If I run uncapped I seem to avg anywhere between 70 to 90 fps depending on the map. So there is some frame bounce, but only above 60 fps. I might play around with some setting stuff down the road, but capped 60 fps looks and runs good enough.

The only stuttering / slowdowns I've noticed are when you load into a new map. The game revs up from 1 to 60 fps in a few seconds once most of the map loads, not terrible but it could be better. It's not game breaking by any means, just a small annoyance.
See, this all is very interesting to me - b/c I have Gears 5 PC in the XB PC Game Pass and that runs at 1080p60fps with no stutters, freezes, slow-downs, nothing on my SC15 laptop (i7 7700 HQ; 16 GB RAM; GTX 1060 6GB; W10 x64).

Smooth as silk.

And that's also on the Unreal Engine 4.

See, this all is very interesting to me - b/c I have Gears 5 PC in the XB PC Game Pass and that runs at 1080p60fps with no stutters, freezes, slow-downs, nothing on my SC15 laptop (i7 7700 HQ; 16 GB RAM; GTX 1060 6GB; W10 x64).

Smooth as silk.

And that's also on the Unreal Engine 4.
The game runs smooth for me overall at 60 fps or above uncapped. I was more or less just nitpicking anything above 60. Now I'm curious so I might check what 1080p would run at later. I'm just glad I'm not playing on a console though. RIP

Speaking of, I need to check out Gears 4/5. I've heard good things.

Finally 100% borderlands 3.

9/10

Fun as shit; worth the $59.99

No framerate issues if you set your setting correctly. Crashed maybe 10-15x but the game saves so often you lose nothing.

People crying on MC are only mad at Epic.

Finally 100% borderlands 3.

9/10

Fun as shit; worth the $59.99

No framerate issues if you set your setting correctly. Crashed maybe 10-15x but the game saves so often you lose nothing.

People crying on MC are only mad at Epic.
You 100% it 3 days after release? hmmmm :whistle2:#

The never ending wiring story of my computer from CyberPowerPC....

I got a reply that stated that the wires in my case sound correct and asked for a picture. Sure enough, their site says sextensions. I didn’t read the fine print but wow, the extensions double the length of a cable.

On to another wire issue. I got a Corsair h150i and could not control the RGB on it. I finally figured out the pump wire to the USB header that allows that to happen is actually not there. I called them up and they are sending one to me.

I ordered cablemod cables for my PC so I will be redoing the wiring myself in the machine. The machine is awesome and working perfectly. I have downloaded over 800 Gb worth of games onto it in the last week.

MSI software to control the RGB on my RTX 2080 Super is absolute garbage. I have never seen such buggy and horrible software for something simple. I download the entire file then try to get it to go and it tells me I have no internet connection. I looked up the problem online and it is one of a few problems that will not go away with their Dragon software. It has been there throughout updates with no fix. Congrats MSI, I don’t plan on purchasing anything else from you with RGB on it as the feature is useless.

I am still happy with my computer. The only thing I have second guessed myself on was my case. I chose the Lian Li 011 Dynamic but that Corsair 580x sure looks nice.

bread's done
Back