Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
goetia_girls_reptilian_girl_lizard_woman_silurian_dr_who_succubus-1.jpg
B7e6IKm.jpg

i haven't played poe so i cant speak on how it is compared to these games, but those games aren't ones that age bad or anything. especially w/the enhanced editions they graphically look fine, as the style is a bit more resistant to "showing its age" than other games (it's not like they're early era 3d games or something) and the gameplay is just fine as well. i doubt that if you play poe then go back and play bg2 you'll be like "wow this sucks"
pillars if eternity looks exactly like baldurs gate 2 EE at first glance. but more like diablo 2 tho. basically, a poor man's diablo 3

Last edited by a moderator:
so.. um. are u telling me that i should play Baldur's Gate prior? The dragon look cool though.. too bad, there's no dragon in the old Infinity game, was there?
Play either or. Playing one before the other won't spoil the other for you. Pillars of Eternity is (reportedly) a fantastically well done, modernized version of a genre that ages incredibly well, and BG/BG2 are some of the best the genre has to offer (and games, for that matter), of all time. It doesn't matter what order you play them in, you'll enjoy them both unless you don't like the genre.

And yes there were a bunch of dragons on BG2.

OCZ ARC 100 ARC100-25SAT3-240G 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD
bundled with:

1x Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB $159.99 upfront, $139.99 after rebate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2294210&nm_mc

Intel Core i3-4360 3.7 GHz LGA 1150 Boxed Processor $86.01
http://www.microcenter.com/product/432160/Core_i3-4360_37_GHz_LGA_1150_Boxed_Processor
I dont know if OCZ has gotten better but I wouldnt touch them with someone elses pc. You'll find reports everywhere of them just dying. I tried one, a small 64gb just as cache drive, and it died after a single day. Their controllers and firmware were complete crap

so.. um. are u telling me that i should play Baldur's Gate prior? The dragon look cool though.. too bad, there's no dragon in the old Infinity game, was there?
Play either or. Playing one before the other won't spoil the other for you. Pillars of Eternity is (reportedly) a fantastically well done, modernized version of a genre that ages incredibly well, and BG/BG2 are some of the best the genre has to offer (and games, for that matter), of all time. It doesn't matter what order you play them in, you'll enjoy them both unless you don't like the genre.

Pillars of Eternity is (reportedly) a fantastically well done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml3EdUJJOPw

I don't agree with his mention on lack of bugs as there are a decent amount but far less than past IE games at launch and well below what you typically see with Obsidian.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm trying to get you cheap bastards to buy it.

I so want to do an escape room one day. They have a place like that here now too.

You must be in Cham-bana. I havent had Papa Del's in over 15 years. It used to be the biggest treat to have Papa Del's. Usually it was crap like Gumby's or Grog's (R.I.P.). I still crave La Bamba's tortas whenever I drink.
Yeah Gumbys has been gone for a few years too now. It was the drunk craving for me. The delivery guys loved us, the managers hated us or would have if they knew why the drivers always took an extra five minutes when we only lived two blocks away.

This peasant pizza talk should be banished to the console peasant threads.

g3qPgD5.jpg

Louis XIII Pizza

This 8-inch pizza is topped with mozzarella di bufala, lobster from Norway and Cilento, and three types of caviar. It's dusted with pink Australian salt collected by hand from the Murray River.
This looks like the 3D landscape from a Mario game.

WTF dude. Stop with the spoilers!

Reported you all for posting in English, way to discriminate on the people who can't speak English.

fuck ing linguism.

[quote name="Blade" post="12634910" timestamp="1428795838"]Reported you all for posting in English, way to discriminate on the people who can't speak English.

fuck ing linguism.[/quote]
Apruebo tu comentario. Bravo Blade!

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm trying to get you cheap bastards to buy it.
This is #CAG, not #FakeyBroGamer.

Sorry - but if it ain't of a decent percentage off to suit MysterD, he just ain't often interested in purchasing yet.

I have tons of games backlogged - so there's definitely that to hold me over until Pillars of Eternity gets a bit cheaper.

Plus, Obsidian is notorious for bugs, glitches, performance issues, & other issues upon release - i.e. see NWN2 (performance issues), FO:NV (bugs, graphics issues, glitches, etc etc) & Alpha Protocol (not graphically spectacular; not balanced; and this should've been released before Mass Effect 2). That's just for starters here.

So...I will wait for even more patches behind the game first, price-drops, any sort of DLC to help push base-game prices down, and anything else I can think of before I actually purchase the game.

Sorry - but if it ain't of a decent percentage off to suit MysterD, he just ain't often interested in purchasing yet.

I have tons of games backlogged - so there's definitely that to hold me over until Pillars of Eternity gets a bit cheaper.

Plus, Obsidian is notorious for bugs, glitches, performance issues, & other issues upon release - i.e. see NWN2 (performance issues), FO:NV (bugs, graphics issues, glitches, etc etc) & Alpha Protocol (not graphically spectacular; not balanced; and this should've been released before Mass Effect 2). That's just for starters here.

So...I will wait for even more patches behind the game first, price-drops, any sort of DLC to help push base-game prices down, and anything else I can think of before I actually purchase the game.
you'll buy it now and you'll like it

I'll take your extra key. PM the price. :)
I'm probably going to just give it out to someone on my Steam friends list but haven't decided who yet. I seriously doubt it'll be anyone that was added from the time I gave a bunch of shit out a few years back unfortunately. I almost never sell any extra copies I have.

It's a relatively bug free game in comparison to past Obsidian games, which always feel like they were released before they were finished. I started a Path of the Damned run but stopped and think I'm going to wait for patch 1.05 because I feel like that'll be the patch where they address a bunch of balance changes because some things feel too overpowered.

Still not going to stop me from hyping it whenever I get a chance. I don't hold a candle to The Crotch when it comes to excitement hype. Well, so long as you don't mind Ron Paul "It's happening!" gifs. Plus I get some pleasure out of the glares people give me when I know they want to play, but don't want to pay. I suppose I'm a little bit of a sadist?

tumblr_lmczuo58sZ1qafrh6.jpg

I don't have PoE or anything.

If anyone so happens to be sitting on actually already owning copies of Regular or Enhanced Ed's of say BG1, BG2, Planescape: Torment...and for some bloody reason ain't played them - do so. I don't have EE versions, but have the regulars - and they're great. Timeless classics.

Especially if you already bought them cheap. Why blow money on a new game right now that'll eventually drop price later, when you've got the classics already that inspired it?

Same goes for Icewind Dale 1 + 2. IWD1 is good, as well. Never finished IWD1 or started IWD2, for some reason.

I'm guessing since PoE seems to be made + pay homage to those classics, might be best to play those old Infinity Engine classics first - as it'll probably give us way more context and some nostalgia rolling into PoE.

I don't have PoE or anything.

If anyone so happens to be sitting on actually already owning copies of Regular or Enhanced Ed's of say BG1, BG2, Planescape: Torment...and for some bloody reason ain't played them - do so. I don't have EE versions, but have the regulars - and they're great. Timeless classics.

Especially if you already bought them cheap. Why blow money on a new game right now that'll eventually drop price later, when you've got the classics already that inspired it?

Same goes for Icewind Dale 1 + 2. IWD1 is good, as well. Never finished IWD1 or started IWD2, for some reason.

I'm guessing since PoE seems to be made + pay homage to those classics, might be best to play those old Infinity Engine classics first - as it'll probably give us way more context and some nostalgia rolling into PoE.

It's a relatively bug free game in comparison to past Obsidian games, which always feel like they were released before they were finished.
I don't think having a bug wiping your buffs, traits, and other stuff when the game originally launched should be considered "relatively bug free in comparison to past Obsidian games." I think that's a major, nasty issue.

Dungeon Siege 3 was originally "relatively bug free" - and that game was nothing special by any means.

I'm guessing PoE is probably tons better than DS3 - and I think it'll be worth waiting for, when it bricks a bit in price and until Obsidian fixes some things. Big games that are very complex and have a lot to them often have big bugs and/or a bunch of minor ones - and as such, I shalt wait it out a bit.

I don't think having a bug wiping your buffs, traits, and other stuff when the game originally launched should be considered "relatively bug free in comparison to past Obsidian games." I think that's a major, nasty issue.

Dungeon Siege 3 was originally "relatively bug free" - and that game was nothing special by any means.

I'm guessing PoE is probably tons better than DS3 - and I think it'll be worth waiting for, when it bricks a bit in price and until Obsidian fixes some things. Big games that are very complex and have a lot to them often have big bugs and/or a bunch of minor ones - and as such, I shalt wait it out a bit.
In comparison to their other releases at launch, yeah it is. I did not speak of the seriousness of any bugs, just on the relative amount to their past games on release. Pretty much all the major ones were fixed a week after release as well. I think a big reason is a lot of them were killed during the backer beta that produced a lot of weird little things. So glad they changed the combat from that to what it is now.

On the particular bug that you pointed out, I actually performed the steps that was supposed to produce the bug before I knew about it during the first week. However for whatever reason it never took effect on me and I never figured out why. I think the only two I encountered were the Ogre Druids and their stupid Plague of Insects not fading away as well as the permanent companion buffs that was related to save/loading in areas you obtained them supposedly. It made two characters that I didn't use insanely durable with inhuman damage reduction to the point where only things with very high damage could even hurt them.

I hate Dungeon Siege 3. So many bad design decisions that I can't even play it because it just makes me angry.

Some of us don't have your massive liquor and grocery budget. #FakeCAD.
Actually, I save a lot grinding my own burgers. And running across the border or sending my mule for liquor
other than moonshine.
This. Also the quality of meat you use has a huge impact.
How can any self-respecting burger aficionado not have a decent meat grinder?

I've owned this one for years. It's popular among hunters and raw pet food crowd.
Nothern Tool - Kitchener #12 Electric Meat Grinder — 1/2 HP $129.99 $99.99
Exactly, along with controlling the fat content. You can also use exotic meats.
Cheap Ass Farmer? Flamingo? Ferret?

Wait a minute, Firefighter, right?
Who told you I was a firefighter? Time to create a new burger recipe.
Reported for cannibalism.
Don't knock it till you try it. Cut it with some duck fat and pork and you can't tell the difference from a big mac.
Now serving Drrock.
this goes without saying considering you two are the same person

What other types of stuff do you like to load your burger up with besides toppings
Knowing him, I'd say creme de la sum yung gai.
🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔
Sunasun is awesome.
Ftfy

I'm seriously thinking of getting GTA V ASAP just so I can attempt to recreate Point Break shot for shot using the video editor thingy

EDIT: Oh goddamn it, I just bought it. There's $42.99 I'll never get back.

I'm seriously thinking of getting GTA V ASAP just so I can attempt to recreate Point Break shot for shot using the video editor thingy

EDIT: Oh goddamn it, I just bought it. There's $42.99 I'll never get back.
money well spent.. rather that than 20 crap bundles from Groupees which you will never play

update: get it from nuveem.. around $20 :whistle2:

bread's done
Back