Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
You know, I don't know why, but I've got a sudden overwhelming urge to play the original SimCity, specifically on an iPad. It's not even my favorite SimCity, but that's the version it needs to be, and it has to be on a tablet for some reason.

And of course EA doesn't sell the original SimCity on any mobile device, so now I've somehow managed to depress myself for no real reason. fuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone here recommend a good pair of gaming headphones for PC/PS4?
I use a HyperX Cloud Pro Gaming Headset for PS4. My exact model seem to have been retired. Its wireless. I'm pretty happy with it and it works with all three platforms but Ive never used it on anything but PS4. (I use a different headset for my PC.)

You know, I don't know why, but I've got a sudden overwhelming urge to play the original SimCity, specifically on an iPad. It's not even my favorite SimCity, but that's the version it needs to be, and it has to be on an tablet for some reason.

And of course EA doesn't sell the original SimCity on any mobile device, so now I've somehow managed to depress myself for no real reason. fuck
Theres some alternatives, mostly theotown, and pocket city

Theres some alternatives, mostly theotown, and pocket city
I'm aware, but like I said, it has to be original SimCity for some reason, and it has to be on a tablet (otherwise I'd just play it on one of those DOS abandonware sites). It's a really weird compulsion.

Thanks for the tips, though.

Tremendous? Sounds like fake news

MjFknF0.png

I fell for the cheap price of Driftlands after lastemp3ror mentioned it, but honestly I heartidly agree with their sentiment. I also feel it's way too bogged down in characters and story I frankly don't give much of a care about. The UI is a freakin' mess too. I like some ideas like leveling up cards and enhancements (like artifacts in Slay the Spire), but I feel it's missing something. The art is really great looking. I feel the game is so slow at times. Everything feels like a drag and some battles take way longer than needed. Also they have separate negotiation battles, which take a bit of getting used to, but are kind of OK afterwards. The problem is they get old extremely quickly. The physical battles feel very similar to Slay the Spire but way more clunky. In STS choosing cards is quick and here everything just feels a little jank with selecting cards and all. It's hard to explain, but it never feels 100% clean. It's very full featured even not being the full game yet. I like the game but I don't love it. I'm pretty sure I may put this one to rest for good. I honestly don't like how long it takes to get quests and the story is just filled with terminology I don't care about. The negotiation battles are also flawed and feel too similar most of the time. I'm going to give it a not recommend just because I feel Slay the Spire just does everything it does and better. 6.5/10

I use a HyperX Cloud Pro Gaming Headset for PS4. My exact model seem to have been retired. Its wireless. I'm pretty happy with it and it works with all three platforms but Ive never used it on anything but PS4. (I use a different headset for my PC.)
I have a HyperX Cloud Pro, wired. My only complaint is that it gets really uncomfortable after a couple hours. But I do like the overall design of it. They made the things you usually wish for on headsets available.

Sennheiser 598s are really comfortable, but they're not headsets. Just good headphones. And then you can add a Boom mic. I think some people here do that.

I'm aware, but like I said, it has to be original SimCity for some reason, and it has to be on a tablet (otherwise I'd just play it on one of those DOS abandonware sites). It's a really weird compulsion.Thanks for the tips, though.
If you were really serious, you'd buy a Windows tablet or folding laptop to run it on from an abandonware site!

I'm aware, but like I said, it has to be original SimCity for some reason, and it has to be on a tablet (otherwise I'd just play it on one of those DOS abandonware sites). It's a really weird compulsion.

Thanks for the tips, though.
Could always get dosbox on that ipad.

Anybody been playing anything good of late?
Well, I believe Persona 5 Royal is good. Yes, I already played P5 on the PS3, but still bought Royal day one. I'm about 74 -75 hours in according to the game clock. I'm infiltrating the 4th Palace currently. There have been a number of changes to both the story content and the combat portions. The story additions have been so far good. The combat changes...well, I think they have made a simple game almost too easy now. I hadn't used any of the DLC Personas or items through the third palace, and I still ended up with almost half a million yen just from the palaces and a single Mementos run (admittedly, on a rainy day). That allowed me to buy the (still) most broken item in the game: SP Adhesive 3. Now I really am just breezing through the battles for the next story bit. I definitely still love the game. Perhaps I should have started on a harder difficulty, but now, even if I raised it, it wouldnt be that much different.

The other game I bounce to is Mass Effect Andromeda. As I mentioned elsewhere in the thread, I enjoy playing the game. It might even be fair to say that I enjoy the 'play' of the game as much, if not more than any of the original trilogy. However, I still dont really *care* about the game. I barely know what the main thread is anymore, partially because the game is lousy with side content. I'd rather do a side mission where I have to get into combat rather than talk with the people around the Nexus and settlements - even though those characters tend to have a lot of backstory to them. I just dont care. BUT I still think I'm going to finish the game with a high completion percentage as I really like the mechanics. Go figure.

Well, I believe Persona 5 Royal is good. Yes, I already played P5 on the PS3, but still bought Royal day one. I'm about 74 -75 hours in according to the game clock. I'm infiltrating the 4th Palace currently. There have been a number of changes to both the story content and the combat portions. The story additions have been so far good. The combat changes...well, I think they have made a simple game almost too easy now. I hadn't used any of the DLC Personas or items through the third palace, and I still ended up with almost half a million yen just from the palaces and a single Mementos run (admittedly, on a rainy day). That allowed me to buy the (still) most broken item in the game: SP Adhesive 3. Now I really am just breezing through the battles for the next story bit. I definitely still love the game. Perhaps I should have started on a harder difficulty, but now, even if I raised it, it wouldnt be that much different.
Taking over this thread with P5R discussion? Excellent.

And yeah, I'm lv49 and difficulty has evaporated due to some ridiculous persona builds. Especially once Network Fusion opens and makes endgame persona traits accessible. But building them is fun in itself. That said, there are some difficulty spikes which are real even with an OP deck (such as the "space" palace boss).

Next week's epic freebie is a $7 game from 2017 that I've never heard of; I'm guessing there will be a decent surprise freebie alongside it

Yeah, I'm gonna jailbreak it one of these days. Or figure out whatever the trick is to installing that kinda stuff without jailbreaking, I dunno. I'm lazy.
I was going to point to iDOS 2 on the app store, but apparently you can't add games to it... lol. Apple, amirit?!

Anyone have experience with all of the reported issues re: Cladun X2 on Steam? It's a buck 99, all time low like and such.

for the 2 other people that watch youtube, has anyone gotten this new recommendation bar on their homepage? i've never cleared my history (which i really should) but for me it's deadly accurate, which is kinda weirding me out. anyways, i'll check it out later.

Played through the first 9 levels of Streets of Rage 4 so far and yep, it's a Streets of Rage game alright. Soundtrack is mostly strong but there are some tracks that don't quite fit IMO. Still, this is the best side-scrolling beat 'em up I've played in a long time.

I'm about to start the last level of Streets of Rage 4 and I love it. I was a Genesis kid in the 90's and Streets of Rage 2 was a Top 5 game for me on the system. The new game feels just right and what I really appreciate is that it looks and sounds great whether you use the new or retro audio/video settings. Lots of nice throwbacks and surprises for fans of the old games without feeling like pandering. Using Blaze for my first playthrough but I'm looking forward to plowing through with all the different characters over the weekend.

Really looking forward to Streets of Rage 4, also...at some point in time, when it gets cheaper.

I was a big fan of SoR 1 and especially SoR2 on my Genesis, way back in the day. 

I also really liked River City Ransom: Underground recently, too. Really wish they'd bring the original RCR (that was on NES, way back in the day) to Steam too.

Nostalgic for SOR4 myself, but I'll likely wait. Have too many beat em ups to play anyway. I am going to play the SOR Remake I got ages ago for the PC.

Double Dragon Neon and Double Dragon 4 were solid over on Steam also. 

I'm glad to see Capcom put that Brawler Bundle up, which has Final Fight in there. I used to really like that arcade brawler.

I've now finished SoR4 and I truly had just a sliver of health remaining at the end. One more hit and I'd have been a goner. Great game but it did have some weird difficulty peaks and valleys. A few early levels felt really tough and quite a few of the later levels and bosses were a breeze. My main complaint would be that the game has a hard time generating difficulty without throwing tons of enemies on screen. That goes for the levels and also the bosses, who were all relatively easy unless the game made you fight two at once or kept throwing three or more of the tougher grunts at you when you're trying to focus on the boss.

I've now finished SoR4 and I truly had just a sliver of health remaining at the end. One more hit and I'd have been a goner. Great game but it did have some weird difficulty peaks and valleys. A few early levels felt really tough and quite a few of the later levels and bosses were a breeze. My main complaint would be that the game has a hard time generating difficulty without throwing tons of enemies on screen. That goes for the levels and also the bosses, who were all relatively easy unless the game made you fight two at once or kept throwing three or more of the tougher grunts at you when you're trying to focus on the boss.
This is all pretty much spot on.

Level 3 boss (Dominatrix with the whip that buffs her minions) was much more of a pain than the Level 8 boss (Twins with snakes). And maybe it's just that it took me some time to get back into a groove, but levels 6-9 have been noticeably easier than, say, 2-4.

Yeah, I was wondering if I was up to the task after the first few levels but things got a lot easier in the mid and later levels, with the exception of a few tough fights. Also, there were a few levels that felt like they were over pretty much before they even started. I remember thinking "that can't possibly be the boss already" a few times.

Streets of Rage 4 is now in Microsoft's Xbox Console Game Pass & PC Game Pass:

https://www.onmsft.com/news/streets-of-rage-4-joins-xbox-game-pass-for-console-and-pc-on-its-launch-day

Can't wait to check it out, this weekend!
Haha, had a feeling that would happen but I'm still glad I bought the game. This is one I don't mind supporting at launch.

Yeah, I was wondering if I was up to the task after the first few levels but things got a lot easier in the mid and later levels, with the exception of a few tough fights. Also, there were a few levels that felt like they were over pretty much before they even started. I remember thinking "that can't possibly be the boss already" a few times.
The train level was over before it even started.

Very satisfied with the length overall, though. I'd much rather have 12 levels with some that are a bit short than, say, 8-9 levels that all drag on for too long. Like you mentioned earlier, should be a lot of replayability. Looking forward to arcade mode.

I just learned that Square Enix has a bundle on Steam: "Square Enix Stay Home & Play JRPG Collection" for $49.84. It has Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age, Oninaki, and Chrono Trigger. If you're missing just Oninaki, it can be purchased for $14.24. Good thing I saw it, as I was about to pay more on another store.

Looks like they ran out of codes for Gato Roboto. They gave me enough points when I signed up to get to level 2, so I got the golf game.

Edit: Also got Mars Or Die, but they were all out of Redout keys.
F Alienhair and their 1%'er level 2 boshite. I'll just ignore Domo OriGato (Mr) Roboto on Xboner Game Ass where it's also free...BOOM!!

I just learned that Square Enix has a bundle on Steam: "Square Enix Stay Home & Play JRPG Collection" for $49.84. It has Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age, Oninaki, and Chrono Trigger. If you're missing just Oninaki, it can be purchased for $14.24. Good thing I saw it, as I was about to pay more on another store.
Cant decide if FFXII and Oni are worth $28

Shows up for around $45.57 for me, as it's a Complete The Bundle type of thing.

I already own Chrono Trigger on Steam.

Just finished Chimera Squad. I really enjoyed the game, the breach mechanic, close quarters focus, and different turn structure definitely added a nice twist to the normal xcom formula. I did encounter some pretty bad bugs and crashes. The game froze several times and just closed itself on multiple occasions, which was annoying, but the bigger issue was the inventory bugs I encountered, mostly the fact that the masterwork shotgun wouldn’t appear in anyones inventory after crafting and buying it, which just made things a little more difficult in the last missions. (Apparently there’s a fix by editing some files in the game, but I didn’t wanna mess with that unless I couldn’t finish without it)

My go to squad was Godmother, Claymore, Terminal and Patchwork, with Axiom as my go to when someone developed a negative trait.

I had also posted a while back about my new pc build blue screen crashing and tweaking a few settings. That didn’t actually fix anything, but I determined one of the sticks of ram I got was bad, so after dealing with that everything is all good.

Gonna start focusing on Gears Tactics now. I enjoyed the hour or so I played before I got hooked on XCom

So I finished up Rage 2 tonight and it wasn't nearly as bad as I was led to believe.  If all you do is play the game for about an hour its not that great.  The story sucks and the game makes you want to strangle most of the voiced characters.  There is a lot of driving around which isn't necessarily a bad thing since the different vehicles are (for the most part) fun to drive, but there is just so damn much driving that you get tired of it quick.  Where the game really shines is the combat.  The different weapons and abilities you unlock along with the fast paced combat was really enjoyable.  Pretty much Doom in the desert.  It is an open world ubisoft esque collect-athon game but the varied locations and great combat alleviated a lot of the repetitiveness that goes along with having a million ?s to discover on the map.

Having said that disregard it all because there is apparently a very common bug where if you save and turn the game off before completing the last mission as soon as you receive it (like I did), or if you die or otherwise enter a loading screen, pretty much anything besides immediately doing the last mission results in this bug.  And this bug makes it completely impossible to pickup the last mission, its gone from your logs, none of the quest people will talk with you, you're just stuck.  How big a piece of shit company can Bethesda be if this apparently fairly common bug has been around this long and not fixed?  What a joke.  I just youtubed the ending and uninstalled.

Prior to getting shafted at the end I would have rated Rage 2 a solid 7/10.  Instead I rate it a spectacular 10 pieces of shit out of 10.  

I'm glad I didn't pay for Rage 2 as that would've been the ultimate slap in the face.  It was enjoyable for the most part and for the time I put into it I'm not sad I gave it a shot on gamepass.  Getting blocked from being able to finish the game when you're at the end is the ultimate kick in the balls though.

Double Dragon Neon and Double Dragon 4 were solid over on Steam also.

I'm glad to see Capcom put that Brawler Bundle up, which has Final Fight in there. I used to really like that arcade brawler.
Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't know about the bundle or the sale and snapped it up. Seven Capcom arcade brawlers for $10!

We should have a thread here at CAG for deals like this!

Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't know about the bundle or the sale and snapped it up. Seven Capcom arcade brawlers for $10!

We should have a thread here at CAG for deals like this!
Pfft, who needs that? I went to TrumpCat's thread (who is mine and your purrsident, so suck it off Gorbachov!) and saw some tremendous deals for Arcade1UP cabinets that were ONLY $50!

So I went to my local Walmart (thanks Jesus for capitalism, those poor dumb retail workers should feel lucky to even get paid at all to be part of such a great company) because I noticed that there were 7 Pac-Man cabinets with risers in stock for $50. Turns out some libtard drove 4 hours to buy them all (probably an illegal immigrant with his unemployment check!) and I ended up having to buy a RAMPAGE cabinet and a riser SEPARATELY.

Now all I need to do is buy another Pi, new controls, a new circuit board, a new power supply, and a new monitor, then put in a day of work to set it all up, and I'll be able to play those games too! Might cost me $200 total, but it's totally going to be worth it! Thanks for all the money the Democats didn't want to give us, TrumpCat! #MakeArcadesGreatAgain

Played some Streets of Rage 4 on XB for PC Game Pass yesterday and today.

And finished it!

Took about 5 hours to go through Story Mode and its 12 Stages/Levels, on my first run. I was playing on Normal, so...those finishing earlier must be great at this game, speed-runners, and/or maybe playing on Easy Mode. The game does have its difficulty spikes here and there - but, I still managed my way through it, somehow and some way.

The game's awesome. This game has no performance issues or hiccups on anything I tossed it at. I tried my Acer gaming laptop (i7 4720HQ; 16 GB RAM; 4GB GTX 960m; W10 x64) and also my SC15 laptop (i7 7700HQ; 16 GB RAM; 6GB GTX 1060; W10 x64) - and it run perfect. Runs smooth as can be and plays great, feeling like another old-school Streets of Rage game. If that's what you wanted - i.e. another Streets of Rage game - you're going to feel right at home here. Butter smooth controls. It just feels great, on my Xbox for Windows PC Gamepad (USB-based).

While SoR4 doesn't entirely look like the old-style of SoR games with their graphics in style here, as that was in a much different style - well, this game with its new look really looks great, with a lot of its graphics looking like a mixture between cel-shaded, comic book look, and a hand-drawn painting. No matter what, it still just looks fantastic here, in its new art style.

Plenty of nods and nostalgia to other classic SoR games are here - characters, enemies, levels, and whatnot. Music sounds like it could've also been plucked right out of that era, also - with some synth-pop, House music, and other things that were popular in the 80's and 90's; especially in these kind of brawlers. And it all has that electronic and MIDI-feel & video-game type of sound to it, from that era...and also some from this current era. And it all sounds great.

Taking something from MK games & Tekken games, in combat (which is most of this game, BTW), you can also juggle opponents in the air with more hits and attacks. Hit enemies in a row fast and/or without taking hits, you can pull off combos. And yes. combos are counted on-screen for number of hits, too. You get graded and scored per each level, so if you're looking to beat your friends' online score and/or Grade...or just trying to do better, you can go ahead and do so. You also have a Lifetime Score you accumulate for your play-through, so there's that too.

Once you finish Story mode once, you can unlock Stage Select (for whatever difficulty you finished). This way, if there's a certain stage you want to re-do and take on, go at it. Have at it! Also, there seems to be unlock-ables here - i.e. unlock-able characters, that you can play as in the game - as I've unlocked one character while playing mid-game somewhere and another after finishing Story Mode for my first go around here.

The Story itself here is not anything special, as you'd expect from a SoR game. I don't think most came here for that anyways. Don't expect depth, character analysis, or any of that. Though, it'll still cool enough, nostalgia-like enough, and 80's/90's enough with its cheese, over-the-top ridiculous-ness, and style that it will still make you smile. But since there are a bunch of more levels - often shorter per Stage, by the way - compared to the old games, this means you have more variety for its locations and more cut-scenes between stages to make this game feel even bigger & have more meat to it than the old classics.

Also, there's a Versus Mode, where your fighters can go at it. Unfortunately, you can't do this solo. You'll have to do it with another player, either locally or online. Feels like a missed opportunity, to not have a solo mode where you can battle AI here. Haven't checked this out yet.

Simply put: Streets of Rage 4 is a great old-school style brawler/beat 'em up with some twists of its own and its shouldn't be missed by anyone.

Pfft, who needs that? I went to TrumpCat's thread (who is mine and your purrsident, so suck it off Gorbachov!) and saw some tremendous deals for Arcade1UP cabinets that were ONLY $50!

So I went to my local Walmart (thanks Jesus for capitalism, those poor dumb retail workers should feel lucky to even get paid at all to be part of such a great company) because I noticed that there were 7 Pac-Man cabinets with risers in stock for $50. Turns out some libtard drove 4 hours to buy them all (probably an illegal immigrant with his unemployment check!) and I ended up having to buy a RAMPAGE cabinet and a riser SEPARATELY.

Now all I need to do is buy another Pi, new controls, a new circuit board, a new power supply, and a new monitor, then put in a day of work to set it all up, and I'll be able to play those games too! Might cost me $200 total, but it's totally going to be worth it! Thanks for all the money the Democats didn't want to give us, TrumpCat! #MakeArcadesGreatAgain

I actually have one of those A1ups that I got for $75 when the clearances first started and modded it with a Pi. I had my panel made by a company called 99livesArcade that does really great work. I am using the Wolfanoz image, and all but 2 or 3 roms have worked great. My kids love it, and I have a good time playing through the games I remember and a lot I don’t remember from my childhood.[attachment=33970:E3A61DC2-2F87-4E0E-A91A-0E9C28793D55.jpeg]

My only complaint is that I can’t get the trackball and spinner working properly and I’m not really adept at fixing that sort of thing. In hindsight I would have gone with a 3 player panel and skipped the trackball and spinner

bread's done
Back