Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm assuming it will be. These games have been popular recently generally having prologue or mini attached to the names. Been noticing them in my Steam recommendations lately.

Also as always nostalgia is a b**ch. We just have to face it that stuff you liked when you were younger likely will not bring the same wonder it did then. I experienced this recently playing Bubsy, which I loved when I was a kid. That game is a mess after the first 2 worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can not see myself ever going back to WoW.  Legion briefly rekindled my love of the game despite some of the issues I had with the direction it took post-WotLK.  Things started going downhill with the cross-realm stuff killing server communities and all of the various dungeon and gear scoring crap just made the overall community worse and worse.  And the story went from passable to absolute nonsense.  Despite all of this, Legion managed to be a lot of fun. 

And then the beta for the next expansion and Blizzards absolute disinterest in the vast amounts of criticism about said beta absolutely killed any desire I had to continue playing.  I had already preordered the stupid thing too because I was enjoying the game so much during Legion and I wanted the level boost that came with it so I figured I'd just go ahead and get it.  And since BfA launched I have not played a minute of it.  I played up until the patch that took away the fun stuff in Legion (Mage tower and such) and then I uninstalled.

I loved TBC, I loved WotLK but I have been there and done that.  Maybe if I didn't hate the game in its current state I'd be interested in classic servers?  I dunno.  I haven't even seen anything about the next expansion, I am so beyond giving a shit that I do not even want to know where it is going.   

Now if I could just give up MMOs entirely I'd actually maybe chip away at my backlog.  Not uninstalling FFXIV anytime soon though.  Keep meaning to give ESO a try as well, bought it and expansions to play with someone else but then they lost interest but I already have it so I might as well play at some point.

Project Cars 2 is good but not great.  It isn't as good of a sim as Assetto Corsa or as good as an arcade racer as Wreckfest or Forza.  If you are looking for 1 racer to play you could do worse but if you are willing to branch out you can get better in whatever discipline you want in other games.

VR is done well though and if that is a main draw then it does it best that offers multiple disciplines.  

$14.12 here, I snagged it also. There was more than a few games I had given thought to getting in smaller bundles back when the Panda was still here...

Anyhow, I finished Voyager and season 3 of Ozark this week.

Ozark is great, if you're not watching it you should give it a try.

Voyager, again I liked it to the very end, I don't understand the hate. I ended up liking all of the characters (they seemed to lessen the obnoxiousness of Neellix but at the same time they got beyond the areas he knew) and sort of view a few of them as standouts from all of the series. (I think Paris developed the most for a normal crew member... The Doctor and 7 of 9 compete with anyone.

How it ended

I liked it, it was obvious from the beginning that just getting home via normal warp (after shortcuts) would be anticlimactic so I knew it would be an adventure... and it was good, but they reached home with less than 4 minutes left (including credits) so I felt it was a bit rushed... It would have been better to have not done one of the other episodes of the last season and made it a 3 parter or something... And expanded the first act a tad, and the second act a bit more, and then had bunch of what happened afterwards for the rest of it. DS9 did that in their series finale.)

Also I liked how they wrapped up Q's story... He grew a lot over the three series.
Yep. Compare it to how they wrapped up Deep Space Nine. (Both are two part episodes).
They had a battle between two forces made up of six factions and resolved that. Then after dealing with the mundane, they wrapped up the entire spiritual plotline with the defeat of the Pah-Wraiths and Sisco joining the Bajoran Prophets.

Then we find out what everyone does afterwards- O'Brien teaches at Starfleet. Worf becomes the Klingon Ambassador. Odo goes and curse the Founders. Kira becomes station commander. Quark is still pulling his BS and has his gambling wring shut down. In the very last scene, Kira and Sisco's son (Jake) look out over the wormhole, knowing that Sisco has moved on beyond it.

But what happens in Voyager? Admiral Janeway comes back from the future, breaking the Prime Directive, forces her opinion on her past self and guilt trips her into using Borg technology to get back to Earth much sooner. She has the Voyager towed to the Alpha Quadrant in exchange for her future tech. When the Borg try to assimilate her, she injects herself with a toxin that leads to the Borg Queen dying off along with her collective. Voyager shows up in Alpha Quadrant surrounded by Federation ships, with Janeway giving the same command she did when they left in the first episode to bookend the series.

By the way, I'm also ready to complain about pizza and video cards.
Stupid pandemic.

Yep. Compare it to how they wrapped up Deep Space Nine. (Both are two part episodes).
They had a battle between two forces made up of six factions and resolved that. Then after dealing with the mundane, they wrapped up the entire spiritual plotline with the defeat of the Pah-Wraiths and Sisco joining the Bajoran Prophets.

Then we find out what everyone does afterwards- O'Brien teaches at Starfleet. Worf becomes the Klingon Ambassador. Odo goes and curse the Founders. Kira becomes station commander. Quark is still pulling his BS and has his gambling wring shut down. In the very last scene, Kira and Sisco's son (Jake) look out over the wormhole, knowing that Cisco has moved on beyond it.

But what happens in Voyager? Admiral Janeway comes back from the future, breaking the Prime Directive, forces her opinion on her past self and guilt trips her into using Borg technology to get back to Earth much sooner. She has the Voyager towed to the Alpha Quadrant in exchange for her future tech. When the Borg try to assimilate her, she injects herself with a toxin that leads to the Borg Queen dying off along with her collective. Voyager shows up in Alpha Quadrant surrounded by Federation ships, with Janeway giving the same command she did when they left in the first episode to bookend the series.

By the way, I'm also ready to complain about pizza and video cards.
Stupid pandemic.
The interesting part is that they don't seem to care too much that what 400 people or more died just because of her and chekotes sp? poor decision making?

Have you ever seen a cat standing up and peeing?
Do-Female-Cats-Pee-Standing-Up.jpg

Well they already had one charity bundle that ended earlier this week, which was a stay at home JRPG bundle that included Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy XII, Chrono Trigger and Oninaki for $49.84 (or less if you already owned one or more of the games). And that one also said the revenue was going to go to charities.
Which version of chrono trigger are they using? The snes or the playstation or some other version? I have chrono trigger and dqxi for ds, really thats enough

I know both are rather old shows but you really should have responded in that with spoiler tags.

Project Cars 2, I haven't gotten around to trying the second one but I do know that the first one is near unplayable with a controller... At least with the default settings. Its been awhile but I imagine if you fuck around with it you could get it to work as there was a fair amount of options but I just moved on the other games.

https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1259513318412353536?s=20

Hints for the next free EGS game. Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek seems to fits the clues.

been playing dead rising 3 the past day, it's pretty good, i think it's a bit underrated. solid, fun game, nothing mindblowing but worth playing imo. like a 7.5/10 

I know both are rather old shows but you really should have responded in that with spoiler tags.
I’ll agree with Voyager since that’s slightly newer, but my feelings are that once something’s at least twenty years old, it’s really on the person who hasn’t experienced it to avoid spoilers if he cares.

Project Cars 2, I haven't gotten around to trying the second one but I do know that the first one is near unplayable with a controller... At least with the default settings.
What? I own it for PS4 and I don’t recall ever having an issue playing with the gamepad.

Other than it screeching at me through the pad’s speaker, anyway, I hated that, but I’d hardly say it was enough to make it unplayable.

You do realize this is a PC thread...?
You do realize they were speaking about a multiplat game right? Logically if they played the ps4 version with a controller it shouldn't be any different than the pc version unless it was a garbage port and poorly optimized. Usually any game made for consoles should be more than playable with a controller on pc. Ignoring some people use the same controllers for consoles and pc.

You do realize they were speaking about a multiplat game right? Logically if they played the ps4 version with a controller it shouldn't be any different than the pc version unless it was a garbage port and poorly optimized. Usually any game made for consoles should be more than playable with a controller on pc. Ignoring some people use the same controllers for consoles and pc.
Obviously, I know its a multiplatform game... He bought the sequel from a PC only website... Do you really think he wanted feedback on the PS4 version? Lastly, as you just fucking pointed out sometime shit doesn't go right on PC... Do you think that was more reasonable information to convey than "works great on PS4!"

Anyhow, just go back to your gamestop thread, kiddie. You're ignoring people with your stupidly.

It’s at least as relevant to your comment about controllers not working as talking about your experience with controllers for the first game is to someone asking about the second.
So having a possible history of troubling issues in PC ports is as relevant to a person buying the game on PC as how the game functions on PS4?

Okay, somd of you people have really gotten stupid... Time to figure out how to add someone to the ignore list again.

So having a possible history of troubling issues in PC ports is as relevant to a person buying the game on PC as how the game functions on PS4?
Since you obviously haven’t been paying attention, let’s try to make this a bit clearer: my comment was directed to you, specifically, not the original inquiries. That comment, made in response to your comment concerning problems with controllers, specifically referenced a lack of problems with controllers in the most directly similar situation I had experienced (the same game on another platform). That being the case, yes, my comment bore at least as much relevance to your comment as did your comment, which regarded your experience with controllers for the the first game in an IP, to the original question regarding general impressions of the sequel.

Gotta say, though, not sure why you’re getting so worked up because somebody briefly mentioned a console, it’s pretty well established that a lot of us in this thread peasant a bit on the side.

been playing dead rising 3 the past day, it's pretty good, i think it's a bit underrated. solid, fun game, nothing mindblowing but worth playing imo. like a 7.5/10
Yeah, it's a fun series to romp through. I need to go back and finish 3 and 4. And then replay 1 and 2.

On a slightly related note, the current EGS freebie, Death Coming, is a pretty fun puzzle game. It's basically final destination in game form.

Geneshift: Battle Royale Turbo is absolutely FREE, much like our beautiful country now that I'm allowing everyone to freely expose themselves to the CHINESE VIRUS!!! People may die, but look at our beautiful STOCK MARKET! The cure cannot be worse than the disease, everyone says so ... until they catch the plague and then they find it hard to say anything without coughing up a lung. 

Anyone use the Steam Link iOS app? Having an odd problem with it Sent this to support (hah) but no response, go figure.

Using the Steam Link iOS app, I can connect to my pc fine and play some games fine, but when playing some non-steam games (in this case, Kingdom: New Lands on GOG) the controls become completely unresponsive. Sound and video are still streaming normally, but it’s as if my phone is not recognized as a controller anymore. I can’t even press the Steam button to bring up Steam or Big Picture mode. It seems to work fine from time to time, but lately, nothing. Could a background program on my pc be causing issues?

Death Coming (currently free on Epic Game Store) is pretty aight. You pretty much just interact with things and have those interaction cause people to die. There are some high priority targets that must die, and you have to figure out how to off them, as well as reaching a kill quota. It's kind of a fun puzzle game. If you get enough deaths and interact with all the right things I believe a special ending for your level is in order (got this on stage 2 by offing all the necessary people). It's fun and I do recommend it, though it's just alright. At first I thought you just needed to off the special targets only, but it's just a off everyone simulator. Decent enough, though not super crazy about it. 6/10

ok so ive kept playing dead rising 3, it's a good game but buggy af (crashes to desktop a lot, now im getting shadow flickering) and it's kinda ruining the game. if i cant figure out how to fix it good chance i wont finish it at this point

Re: Crashes. Probably not ideal that the first recommendation is to rollback to 6-year-old drivers.
yeah, saw that suggestion, im not bothering doing that lol. after some digging i found a suggestion to delete the files in the save folder except for the playerstat file, i tried that and it actually seems to have worked a bit (fingers crossed anyway, it's only been about 45 minutes - but still getting intermittent small flickering, however nothing too distracting to overlook, and it hasn't crashed, which it had been doing kinda frequently when i posted)

bread's done
Back