Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Divinity 2 is on sale for half off at $22.49 right now. I've been wanting to play it for awhile but I have a feeling its going to drop lower soon. Price tracking says this is the lowest its been so far though. Seems kind of wild for a 4 year old game...

Yeah I've had Div OS2 on wishlist as well.  Lowest I remember seeing it.  Have plenty to play at the moment though so I'm sure it will keep inching to 20 eventually.

Divinity 2 is on sale for half off at $22.49 right now. I've been wanting to play it for awhile but I have a feeling its going to drop lower soon. Price tracking says this is the lowest its been so far though. Seems kind of wild for a 4 year old game...
the first one took forever to drop to a good price as well, i dont think i bought it until it had been out for like 4 years and even then i had to buy it in a multipack and split the cost with somebody else to get it under 10 bucks iirc

Humble be copying Groupees now... crap quality "anniversary bundle".
Maybe next they'll try to sell a year's worth of bundles but never quite get around to delivering on that.
Or do they need coins first? Then reintroduce specific coins AND make it so that you can't use coins on anything worth a damn because they're bad at math.

Maybe next they'll try to sell a year's worth of bundles but never quite get around to delivering on that.
Or do they need coins first? Then reintroduce specific coins AND make it so that you can't use coins on anything worth a damn because they're bad at math.
Groupees delivered... if you believe they were including the bundle the sub was in as the first one.

for some reason i'm upset about the thps remakes being egs exclusives. i guess i know how Mooby feels like now.
It seems like each title that comes to Steam has a big sale as soon as it gets listed so it's not been as bad as I thought it would be. Still annoying but could be worse.

My biggest annoyance is that Humble doesn't convert over or offer the option... Lot of other sellers let you choose between Epic or steam.

Edit: Saw today that Metro Exodus does have the option... but it's the only one I saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished Death Coming. Not super long at about 4 hours through. 7 levels in all with some bonus stages. I actually liked the last level where you had to take out specific units only. Honestly that's how I hoped the whole game was, but alas it wasn't like that. Didn't complete fully every level, and missed a high priority target. I think the thing that I don't like much is how some parts of the levels are on timers or very limited use so if you don't get the target or miss something, you need to restart to get them. Happened to me on a level where the people wouldn't get into the boat anymore, and I missed the timing to activate a death trap. It's okay. Worth playing through once. I wish you could take as much time as you want, but some of the triggers are timed. Glad this was free, as I would have been a bit disappointed if I bought it. Still keeping it at 6/10.

Rumor: TrumpCat has tiny paws and glues hair to his head.
Confirmed FACT!!!: POOPERSTORER is FAKE NEWS!!! I only APPEAR to have slightly smaller paws because I'm so JACKED! I have YUGE MANLY SHOULDERS!!! Everyone says so. I also have PURRFECT HAIR!!! It just grows faster than anyone else's hair because I have THE MOST TESTOSTERONE THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN and I haven't been able to GET IT CUT because CUOMOCAT WON'T REOPEN MY PET GROOMER!!! SAD!!!!

Supposed to be able to get Legrand Legacy for free via discord

https://store.steampowered.com/app/556740/LEGRAND_LEGACY_Tale_of_the_Fatebounds/

Invite link

https://discord.com/invite/tkemJhH?fbclid=IwAR1fX8wGhbsMF4DcQAW7UWhAYxffuryx9DYoE2xwAbanDRbIMhlPrSHojHM

Go to #point-of-access channel

Click a smiley under post to "swear allegiance"

Go to #lootbox channel once unlocked
type !getkey

I did it like 20 minutes ago and haven't gotten anything yet, but they've been swamped by bots.

Saw it on steamgifts

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/h3Q1f/steam-game-legrand-legacy

EDIT:

Apparently bot is out of keys at the moment.

EDIT2:

You can PM the admin to get a key.

Go into #announcements channel to see admin account.
This is working again/finally.

https://discord.com/invite/NYaMkhv

New invite link.

When you join a bot will DM you a captcha.

Then you have to swear allegiance.

Then you have to send !getkey in #lootbox.

You swear allegiance in the #swear-allegiance channel?
I only see two channels:

#announcement-purgatory

#purgatory

I'm trying to follow these steps but no luck.

image0.png

Maybe refresh the webpage/reload the application?

It might just take some time.  I did the verification stuff a week ago or so.  Maybe they're slow to let new people in to prevent people getting multiple keys. Or the verification bot is being hammered by bots.

EDIT:

Also... I think you need to have a profile picture set in discord...  Seeing some people mention that on steamgifts

Yes, seems like everything is delays. I'll just wait and see if I get the next steps to complete. If I do get the key I'll post it. Thanks for the info.  :razz:

Semisoft? I think there's a pill for that. TrumpCat, would you like to weigh in?

More Remasters & Remakes coming.
This time, Mafia trilogy is getting the Remaster & Remake treatment.

Mafia Trilogy announced by 2K:
https://www.gamesradar.com/mafia-trilogy-announce-trailer/

Mafia Trilogy - Teaser Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1shVYF9nBMk
Mafia 2 & 3 are HD remasters....

...but Mafia 1 is actually getting the full-blown Remake treatment here...as Mafia: Definitive Edition!

Yes, Mafia: Definitive (which is what Mafia 1 Remake is being called) is going to be like RE2 Remake - with brand new assets, expanded story & a running on a brand new engine entirely.

Link on the news from Push Square:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/05/mafia_definitive_edition_is_a_full_remake_with_expanded_story_not_just_a_remaster

The Legrand Legacy discord admin just confirmed the bot that assigns roles to people is broken at the moment, that's why people can't see the lootbox channel.

Confirmed:

https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1260242356076457985

EDIT: WIsh I took a screengrab since they deleted it, but it was a hidden tweet from Epic that GTA V was going to be free starting Thursday.

More Remasters & Remakes coming.
This time, Mafia trilogy is getting the Remaster & Remake treatment.

Mafia Trilogy announced by 2K:
https://www.gamesradar.com/mafia-trilogy-announce-trailer/

Mafia Trilogy - Teaser Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1shVYF9nBMk

Mafia 2 & 3 are HD remasters....
...but Mafia 1 is actually getting the full-blown Remake treatment here...as Mafia: Definitive Edition!

Yes, Mafia: Definitive (which is what Mafia 1 Remake is being called) is going to be like RE2 Remake - with brand new assets, expanded story & a running on a brand new engine entirely.

Link on the news from Push Square:
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/05/mafia_definitive_edition_is_a_full_remake_with_expanded_story_not_just_a_remaster
Silly me, buying the games and letting them sit in my backlog for so long.

Silly me, buying the games and letting them sit in my backlog for so long.
Perfect time to play the old ones, while the new ones are probably going to be pricey (i.e. $60 in a package).

You can always compare the old versions way later with the new ones. I will be very curious how much different Mafia 1: Definitive will be, since it's a full-blown Expanded Remake.

No, no.  Perfect time to add the new ones to sit WITH the old ones to keep them from being lonely.  You do not get a 4-digit backlog without effort but in the end it is well worth it to know that money you could have spent on a vacation or good meals or say a much-needed surgery is sitting in your Steam account in the form of hoarded games that are destined to never be played.  

After deciding I wasn't going to play Borderlands 3 until it was available for like under twenty bucks for the complete package, I decided to satisfy my curiosity about how bad the story actually was and watched a (really long) video that showed pretty much the entire main storyline along with all of the boss intros/deaths.  

Then I won it from a Twitch stream a few hours later that I was watching because I couldn't sleep.  I mean it isn't like having a good book spoiled before you read it or anything but it still stuck me as funny, the timing specifically.    

I know about not sleeping for sure. I ended up just hearing random lists about foods that were discontinued. I end up getting remasters generally after they've gone cheap even if they are complete overhauls if I'm not crazy to play the games. It usually ends up decently with me getting the stuff $20 or less.

So there's another mystery Epic freebie next week and I saw mention elsewhere that The Witcher 3 had a store page up despite not being available to purchase yet (the page has since been taken down). So take that for what it's worth.

Rockstar and Epic opening the GTA Online floodgates much like munkfruit sweetener in my morning coffee does to my lower intestinal tract. If you thought that part of the game was shit before
6MSJvl.gif

So basically free game and free $10 off coupon.  I'll take it!

BTW, it took a couple of minutes AFTER I hit buy button for the page to load in the Epic app, so just be patient. 

Just tried logging onto EGS for the first time and had no issues downloading the game. Unfortunately I grabbed it a few weeks ago for the rockstar launcher.

The next version of this thread should really be retitled PC Gaming Deals Mega Thread since Steam hasn’t had a decent sale in at least 2 years ... Epic clearly continues to dominate the market, ethics aside.

Troll bait?  Likely.  Regardless..

Giving away free game licenses in an attempt to have more people using your client is not "dominating the market."

Or having an actual sale with added incentive coupons that save customers money ... no no, I prefer stupid meta games where I can collect gems and cards that end up having barely any value. And if I buy $50 worth of overpriced games, maybe I'll get a $5 coupon. Sorry mates, Steam has been a joke for years. The only reason I still use it is the investment that's already been made ... otherwise, they've gotten lazy and bloated.

Also amusing that anything going against the status quo is branded as trolling.

Steam sales ended when they allowed refunds, which are largely automatic.

And the sales data on EGS weren't great, the last time I cared to pay attention. Most people only get the free games. Some attachment rate. I also have a ton of free games on Origin, and they're not thriving.

To be fair, here's a real world example of a great deal on the EGS ...

Control for $19.99 plus another $10 coupon to use on something else.

Downloading GTA V gives you a $10 coupon off the bat, and Control for PS4/XB1 hasn't gone below $25 (Target, BF). To get the superior PC version for even less is pretty sweet. And the rolling coupon thing is a great promo. I'm sure EGS isn't doing as well as Steam on sales bc of the established user base, but their recent sales have been solid.

With that said, it's now all but assured to show up on Game Pass ... but I'm ok with that.

It's actually surprising that PC gets as much new release attention as it does these days.  PC players are notoriously cheap; they hardly pay for anything.  Unless they find a lifer game that they like. 

I know that I rarely buy PC games at anything resembling new release pricing; OTTH, there are hardly any complete/gold edition new release PC games worth purchasing each year anyways.  It's typically around 1.5 titles per year for me.  The last games I went out and bought right away were the Division 2, Civ 6, and Battlefield V.  Even 'completed game' launches are pretty hazy these days; things ship unfinished.  So it's really hard to know when is the right time to try and buy a complete version of the game. 

It doesn't help when you've got publishers like Activision making Destiny 2 free after one year.  It's a really bad look.  You always feel like you're going to have remorse when you pay close to full price for a new PC game.  These publishers consistently fuck up by cannibalizing the value of their own IPs.   Like Div 2 not selling well enough so they make it free one year later and then try to get everyone to buy the complete package, or the new annual pass, or whatever, again.  They continually shaft existing customers.   Because there is always new DLC to buy later.  So it never feels like a good time to pay full price unless you're one of the "Day 1" types. 

Monster Hunter World is another good example.   I've thought about buying that one several times.  But how the hell are you going to try and sell me the base version of the game, plus get me to pay for Iceborne, several months after the fact since it already released on the PS4.  Like I've already got 250ish hours invested in the PS4 version and was trying to convert, but you're not making this easy.   (Well the answer turned out to be easy too.   I picked up the Iceborne Deluxe edition PS4 steelbook on Amazon for $35 instead.  Because you didn't do a good enough job selling me the game.  Now I own a physical copy forever.)

Unless it's a game I just HAVE to play, feel like I can't live without, gots to have day 1, I'll wait and even then, it's a big maybe. I considered Control for $20 being a good deal, but then I saw it had a season pass, too, which kind of takes the jelly out of my donut. I mean, is that it on the content or will they have a second season pass in a few months time (hello last 2 Mortal Kombat games)? I know it's a totally different dev/pub, but I think I've learned my lesson over the past 2 years or so. Fallout76, Rage 2, Metro Exodus, and I'm sure others I can't even recall which ended up mediocre, meh or actual fecal matter makes me want to say wait. There'll be a better deal down the road, with ALL the content.

Yeah Control is a good example too.  I'm sure several of us are debating whether or not to buy that one right now.   Yeah, it's a great deal on EGS.  I should probably buy it.   But if I'm already paying for a digital version of the game, wouldn't I rather have it on Steam?  It's almost 9 months old now, is it going to be in next month's bundles?  Why did it take so long to go on sale when it was a $25 special on consoles back on BF? 

I thought that digital was supposed to give me that sale advantage more rapidly.   It hasn't. 

bread's done
Back