Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Jebus, almost 300k playing GTA V on Steam right now.  Should be reunited with my computer on Thursday, which coincidentally is the same day my new video card is scheduled to be delivered :whee:  

Today we published my review for Gurumin: a Monstrous Adventure, which came out on Steam recently. Gurumin has previously been released in English on PSP, and comes from the developers of the Ys series. Please check out my review and the video review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qmfhGTsBfM

The standalone PC forum doesn't seem too active, so forgive me for posting this here.  I got royally boned by Digital Storm on a pre-build, so I'm going back to building my own PC, but I haven't done it a while.  I'm trying to balance power with price. This is what I'm thinking:

CPU: Intel I5-4690K

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series (2 x 8 gb) (this is probably overkill)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO Series 250 gb, Seagate Barracuda 3TB

GPU: Asus Radeon R9 290 4GB DirectCU II Video Card

Case: NZXT Source 530 ATX Full Tower Case

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

What do you guys think?  I've always used NVIDIA cards, but the price vs. performance against a 970 card seems like it's not worth the extra $100+. 

Wow, someone poured a hell of a lot of sand into their underwear today to be so grumpy. Even console peasants and mobile phones have "tactical" games that rank higher than some on PC/Steam (gasp).

Just off the top of my head.. mobile tactics games that are more fun than PC...

Final Fantasy Tactics
Tactics Ogre
Disgaea 3 & 4
Rondo of Swords

Just to name a few.
More fun that which game/s on pc?

The standalone PC forum doesn't seem too active, so forgive me for posting this here. I got royally boned by Digital Storm on a pre-build, so I'm going back to building my own PC, but I haven't done it a while. I'm trying to balance power with price. This is what I'm thinking:

What do you guys think? I've always used NVIDIA cards, but the price vs. performance against a 970 card seems like it's not worth the extra $100+.
I've had terrible luck with seagate drives and stay away from them now. I think you are right about the price vs performance for the 970 plus there is that "big deal" about the memory with the 970.

deal talk -LODT 7.49

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I'd like to go full rage mode here, I never played a PSP game in my life so I won't bash it. I can't imagine anything on a portable could be tactical or good but I will concede someone might have accidentally made one good portable game at some point in the history of mankind (purely by mistake, mind you).
I see you're controlling your anger...perhaps you're not the sith lord i thought you were

The standalone PC forum doesn't seem too active, so forgive me for posting this here. I got royally boned by Digital Storm on a pre-build, so I'm going back to building my own PC, but I haven't done it a while. I'm trying to balance power with price. This is what I'm thinking:

What do you guys think? I've always used NVIDIA cards, but the price vs. performance against a 970 card seems like it's not worth the extra $100+.
Looks great. But as mentioned stay away from Seagate non SSD's. Also I would save up more for a 980 personally. AMD cards in my opinion are just obnoxious when it comes to drivers (but the 970 sucks for the memory "issues")

Looks great. But as mentioned stay away from Seagate non SSD's. Also I would save up more for a 980 personally. AMD cards in my opinion are just obnoxious when it comes to drivers (but the 970 sucks for the memory "issues")
And some games are optimized exclusive for nvdia and/or hate AMD due to other reasons...

gtav_vhigh_1920.png

V3Kynr.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, guys.  And yeah, my biggest worry about going for a non-NVIDIA card was the driver issues I've read about.  I would love to do the 980, but it's so hard to pull the trigger on a card that expensive. And yeah, I'll probably go WD for the non-SSD HDD as well, as I've heard some not great things about Seagate (just found that one on super sale, so I was tempted).  My two existing WD drives are 7 and 11 years old and are still kicking. 

I've never run into any horrible driver issues with AMD cards.  Not saying they don't exist, just that they've never really affected me.  I've had AMD cards most of my life save for one Nvidia.  Nvidia card was fine too but then it started giving me issues after a year, but that can happen with any card.  

I have been fine with my AMD too. But nvidia is better choice ATM. That's why I'm waiting for AMD's next GPUs before updating. (In hopes AMD releases competitive product and/or nvidia drops 970 price).

Wow, someone poured a hell of a lot of sand into their underwear today to be so grumpy. Even console peasants and mobile phones have "tactical" games that rank higher than some on PC/Steam (gasp).

Just off the top of my head.. mobile tactics games that are more fun than PC...

Final Fantasy Tactics

Tactics Ogre

Disgaea 3 & 4

Rondo of Swords

Just to name a few.
Rondo of Swords is a pretty bad game, so replace that with Fire Emblem and you've got a solid lineup. I loved FFT on PS1, haven't played it on PSP though. I played the other handheld versions, but their stories aren't as epic as the original. Disgaea, while different at first, gets pretty boring after a while. I think that's a problem that most TRPG games face, especially when battles last for hours.

I think this applies to you two except for the tower:

Here are a couple of changes to look at and research: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fqdZD3 (all prices from Amazon)

You are getting an overclocked processor so I would go for a better board and MSI Z97-GAMING 5 is better for overclocking according to Overclock3d. I switched out your psu for an EVGA 750 G2 because it has the best score from JonnyGuru gave it 9.8 and it is fully modular so you only use the wires you need. Two optional switches is the case for a mid tower same brand just one step up to the 300R personally I would go for a full tower but some will say it is over kill even though I filled all slots through small upgrades and easier to get to things and cable management and gpu here is an article comparing gtx 970 to amd 290 less heat, noise and wattage for nvidia and better fps overall.

Daily Deals
60% off Sniper Elite 3 - $19.99 (DLC also 60% off)

Midweek Deals
50% off Metro Redux Bundle - $24.99
50% off Metro 2033 Redux - $12.49
50% off Metro: Last Light Redux - $12.49
66% off Age of Wonders III - $13.59
66% off Age of Wonders III Deluxe Edition - $15.29
33% off Age of Wonders III Collection - $40.19
33% off Age of Wonders III - Golden Realms Expansion - $8.03
33% off Age of Wonders III - Deluxe Edition DLC - $4.68

Daily Deal
25% off Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series (TellTale DRM) - $22.49

Weekly, Midweek and Weekend Deals
Ending 4/18
75% off Magicka: Wizard Wars Packs

Up to 75% off Deep Silver games
Current Voucher: 22% off SAVE20-APRILD-EALSON (Expires 4/17 1600 UTC)

Promo: Age of Wonders 3 + Golden Realms - Up to 66% off

Or something to do with the game using GFWL.
That hasn't stopped other companies from selling games that still have it.

Sega updated their Dreamcast Collection games recently. I expected them to fix this game eventually, but since they're just taking it down, it likely means it would cost too much to keep it on sale for another year.

Disgaea, while different at first, gets pretty boring after a while. I think that's a problem that most TRPG games face, especially when battles last for hours.
Or when you get the bright idea to level up every piece of equipment. And also buy every related game in the series and then not play them yet, 2 generations later.

I love that they're giving everyone a chance to buy it (at a discount no less) before yanking out of the store. I just wonder why they'd pull the game?
Imminent GFWL shutdown?

But more likely it's because of what Fox said, licenses are expensive and all that jazz.

ToEE has the best combat in any crpg ever, no question, hands down, no debate.
I've had it forever - but never got around to just getting down and playing it.

Sadly the story is so incredibly dull and boring, no one makes it past the first town.
What about the save-corruption issues? Does that stop people from passing first town, as well?

What's the difference between the two mobos aside from OC? I've always used Asus and never had any problems, hence my choice here. Plus, I hear the BIOS on this one is super easy to use, which I like because I tend to overthink things.
Just the onboard audio if not using a soundcard, more sata ports and killer ethernet but Asus is a good motherboard too and the BIOS in Asus is always easier than others to me also.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. And yeah, my biggest worry about going for a non-NVIDIA card was the driver issues I've read about. I would love to do the 980, but it's so hard to pull the trigger on a card that expensive. And yeah, I'll probably go WD for the non-SSD HDD as well, as I've heard some not great things about Seagate (just found that one on super sale, so I was tempted). My two existing WD drives are 7 and 11 years old and are still kicking.
AMD "driver issues" are non-existant. It was something that had a little bit of truth to it 10 years ago, but it is a complete myth by this point. It's bizarre that (usually uninformed) people still repeat this vague claim.

Or when you get the bright idea to level up every piece of equipment. And also buy every related game in the series and then not play them yet, 2 generations later.
Ugh, Disgaea in particular is a total grind-fest. 300+ hours sunk into the second one just to get Adell to max stats. Then you can only get the best weapons by stealing them from Item God 2 on Floor 100 of a rare Legendary drop? And he's like level 9999? Then you have to level up THAT item to get another? And there are FOUR games in this series? No, no thanks, I like not being a vegetable. :speaktothehand:

AMD "driver issues" are non-existant. It was something that had a little bit of truth to it 10 years ago, but it is a complete myth by this point. It's bizarre that (usually uninformed) people still repeat this vague claim.
That is the single stupidest fucking thing I've seen in this thread and let me tell you, I've seen some really stupid stuff in here lately.

So with all this cRPG talk and the GOG sale, I want to sample, but not willing to drop $20 on the whole pack.  Which one (or top 3-ish) is (are) generally considered to be good?  I remember hearing about Baldur's Gate many years ago but I dont know if people spoke fondly of 1 or 2.  Same applies to Neverwinter Nights.  The rest, I never heard of.

Note: I have played jRPGs, but have never played any version of D&D: computer nor paper.  Closest would be Torchlight (if that's even close) and I didnt play much of that.

Oh, God, why? I just got out kinda sorta. You can't just pull me back in like that. Damn you, Lord Gaben... Damn you.

pHSdtOk.jpg

So basically, get 5,000 games and challenge Lord Gaben for the right to rule over all. Like God of War. Neat.

Oh, God, why? I just got out kinda sorta. You can't just pull me back in like that. Damn you, Lord Gaben... Damn you.

pHSdtOk.jpg

So basically, get 5,000 games and challenge Lord Gaben for the right to rule over all. Like God of War. Neat.
That's curious to say the least. TODAY, yeah TODAY, I was thinking on my way out, why on Earth Steam hasn't created more badges to fuel the hoarding addiction. That 5k badge looks kick ass :bouncy:

I had driver issue with AMD, esp with Crossfire profile. For example, the movement bug in X Com Enemy Unknown remain unfixed. Since then I have moved on to NVIDIA and got it sorted out. NVIDIA fixed it after receiving ppl report. AMD didn't.

Like many ppl here, I am not a die hard fan for either camp. I just pick whichever company that willing to listen and patch issue for consumers.

So I went to Chili's today for the first time in about 20 years, mostly because I was doing fieldwork with a couple of coworkers and it happened to be across the highway from the first place we visited. I got a small salad, an average-sized hamburger with a handful of fries and blackberry tea. With the tip it came out to $14, and for that amount of money, I could have gotten two meals at the Wendy's that was ten feet away. 

So I probably won't be going back to Chili's for at least another 20 years.

So I went to Chili's today for the first time in about 20 years, mostly because I was doing fieldwork with a couple of coworkers and it happened to be across the highway from the first place we visited. I got a small salad, an average-sized hamburger with a handful of fries and blackberry tea. With the tip it came out to $14, and for that amount of money, I could have gotten two meals at the Wendy's that was ten feet away.

So I probably won't be going back to Chili's for at least another 20 years.
What are the chances the guy that would have been making your burger at Wendys just started there after doing 20. The guy that made it at Chili's was probably only on work release.....think about that next time.

What are the chances the guy that would have been making your burger at Wendys just started there after doing 20. The guy that made it at Chili's was probably only on work release.....think about that next time.
Um, k. I don't even...

EDIT: Do anyone else's nipples hurt? Increased nipple sensitivity can't be good.

It just means you're ready to lactate. Get a breast pump.
I have a gif of this, but I'd probably be reported for showing a woman milking herself because it's discriminatory and anti-feminist?

Google Bizita Q, download it, watch it. You're welcome.

bread's done
Back