Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Daddy lost some serious money gambling on a (rigged) bum fight, so who wants to put up some cash re: how this GTA Trilogy remaster bullshit will go?
PROD_1000209313_f_20160621105517597.jpg

WTF are you talking about D
The GTA side games that Rockstar never acts like ever existed.
Chinatown Wars was on PSP; and LCS, & VCS were on PSP on PS2, but never brought to PC.

Were those Sony exclusives? Or was Rockstar just lazy and didn't bring 'em over to PC?

They never brought Red Dead Redemption 1 and The Warriors over to PC either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting for a 3 page report from MysterD on why he isn't beating a dead horse when talking about stuff.

EDIT:

Or possibly about why beating dead horses can be a good thing.

Why are we assuming beating a dead horse is a bad thing?
I'm waiting for a 3 page report from MysterD on why he isn't beating a dead horse when talking about stuff.

EDIT:

Or possibly about why beating dead horses can be a good thing.
You'd think given Rockstar's legacy with GTA, they'd port everything from that era of games - from that RenderWare engine era - over to PC and consoles. These games have likely been lost into the dust of the PSP and PS2 era, never to be heard from again or brought back again...b/c God forbid game companies preserve everything that they should.

Especially even more true since they're likely charging $50-70 for this Remaster Collection of games here, for stuff most of us probably already own here (GTA3, VC, and SA) - why not also toss in VCS, LCS, and CTW which many of us don't have ever (PC gamers) or anymore (console gamers from PSP era and PS2)?

What better way to preserve those, then to port those missing ones (VCS, LCS, and CTW) over to PC (and modern consoles) also?

Hell, even UbiSoft had enough common sense to bring AC: Liberation over to PC, given AC's Legacy. Not only did that get ported to PC (alone), but they even bundled that into the AC3 Remaster.

The answer is, its Rockstar. It took a GTA modder to show them how to fix loading times in GTA5 online earlier this year. It cut loading times in half for any system.

Horse is really kind of tough, or perhaps the only horse I've had is low quality.  Ground up, though, it's pretty good.  So horse sausage would probably be fine.

Just throwing this out there... understand that it's probably not correct and the key will end up being revoked.

Someone on Steamgifts mentioned the Adventures of Chris free play weekend keys from Alienware were supposed to end on the 11th, but still function.

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2157634/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/adventures-of-chris-free-play-weekend-key-giveaway

There are still keys available if you want to get it and see if it doesn't go away.

As expected... codes revoked now.

D it's a co-op multiplayer game...just like Left 4 Dead. It's probably not for you. You aren't meant to be playing it solo.
Then there should not be a solo mode w/ bots and a story mode period. Also, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 can be played solo-style and offline too.

Man … was excited for the Alan Wake remaster … until I saw how derpy the new “enhanced” character models are. I hate to say it, but even many of the best remasters seem to mess up the artistic vision of the original game designers. I can think of Halo, Demon’s Souls and others that were great remasters overall but also suffered from some questionable changes to the visuals.

It’s like that old lady in Spain who tried to restore the fresco of Jesus and ended up painting a monkey. I cancelled my Alan Wake order and will try out the original on Steam Deck while I consider waiting for a deep sale.

D it's a co-op multiplayer game...just like Left 4 Dead. It's probably not for you. You aren't meant to be playing it solo.
The bots were not very good in the beta and nothing I've seen in the past few days since the early access for uber edition pre order people shows otherwise. In one mission I got lucky and was able to take over the bot stuck on a turret after I died to complete the mission we had otherwise 3 manned. In another I had to run back thru half the map to unstick the bot from a gun position. Oh, if you die twice in an act it sends you back to the starting mission. Lose twice on mission 4, you go back to mission 1.

I enjoyed the beta enough but not $60 (or $54 on humble) let alone the deluxe editions hitting $100.

Also, it's under an hour to unlock all the characters playing on the easiest level.

I enjoyed the beta enough but not $60 (or $54 on humble) let alone the deluxe editions hitting $100.
It's really not a $60 game. It makes for a great Game Pass game for me since I'll probably play through it a few times then never touch it again before the first DLC comes out. I know some people have a concern about Game Pass progress not being transferred if they later buy it on Steam but I don't really see myself playing long enough for that to be an issue.

Best Buy has an overpriced PNY 3060 in stock right now.

I was actually pretty happy to grab it. I know it's not that much cheaper than scalpers are selling them for, but I happened to have a 10% off bday coupon which kept the price down to 600.

Also, I was looking on ebay and even used 3060s go for over $600 so I can always sell it back later if I pick something better up.

Congratulations on the new card.  Yeah, it stings knowing that you're overpaying but by the time things stabilize, you likely won't still miss the couple hundred bucks and you'll have been playing on a new card for many months.  Shortages that were supposed to lighten by Q3 21 are now "Well into 2022" and I predict that's going to turn into at least "through 2022" since there hasn't been much good news in the fabrication and supply chain arenas lately.

I felt kind of dumb buying an RTX 2080 when I say how good the RTX 30XX series cards were released.  But given I paid a smidge below MSRP for an EVGA card back when versus what is out there now, I feel less dumb.

I think PC gaming is taking what you can get and...
...the PS5 and XSX are pretty good deals, all things considered, for just general gaming, unless you're deep into PC specific franchises, strategy games, competitive multiplayer games, or VR.

Best Buy has an overpriced PNY 3060 in stock right now.
Thanks for the share. I am actually tempted because I have the same bday offer and am having fun doing creative stuff with sff builds lately.

It would replace an evga 1060 sc 6gb, so I guess I could get something back unloading that. maybe half?

I came here to post Far Cry 6 impressions but I haven't been able to play the game for more than 5 minutes straight before getting bored and turning it off. Once I have a few more 5-minute sessions under my belt I'll come back and post my full depressions.

I came here to post Far Cry 6 impressions but I haven't been able to play the game for more than 5 minutes straight before getting bored and turning it off. Once I have a few more 5-minute sessions under my belt I'll come back and post my full depressions.
By all means, please let us know if it plays more like Ubisoft Generic Open World Adventure Game or Ubisoft Generic Open World Adventure Game.

You could copy and paste your old Far Cry 5 impression, change the number and make the presentation a little better.

Same level of effort as Ubisoft, I 'reckon.

I felt kind of dumb buying an RTX 2080 when I say how good the RTX 30XX series cards were released. But given I paid a smidge below MSRP for an EVGA card back when versus what is out there now, I feel less dumb.

...the PS5 and XSX are pretty good deals, all things considered, for just general gaming, unless you're deep into PC specific franchises, strategy games, competitive multiplayer games, or VR.
But it still was probably a lot easier to get a RTX 2080, when say compared to the RTX 30xx crap-show.

I probably only got my hands on my 3070 for getting a custom-build from a custom-building shop like CyberPower. Good thing I jumped, before everybody realized it was easier to get these cards when buying from places like CyberPower, IBuyPower, and stores like those. I got really lucky, TBH. And who knows how long the waits are these days to get a new custom PC built or shipped from stores like that, given the situation these days. [shrug]

You probably should still be all set for a good while w/ the 2080, TBH - as you have RTX & DLSS support from Nvidia; and FSR support from AMD (as that should work even on an Nvidia card 10xx and newer).

TBH, it feels like we're all just in the mode of: "We got our good hardware for now; just be prepared for the next upgrade and/or new PC in another 3-6 years anyways, w/ the way stuff's going anyways."

I felt kind of dumb buying an RTX 2080 when I say how good the RTX 30XX series cards were released. But given I paid a smidge below MSRP for an EVGA card back when versus what is out there now, I feel less dumb.

It's crazy how the (somewhat poor) value from the initial 20XX launch has done a complete 180 and rebounded towards having been a great investment that you could now sell for the same price as what you paid.

A couple years from now in the GPU market, I don't think we'll be in this 'by-the-balls' position ever again.

But it still was probably a lot easier to get a RTX 2080, when say compared to the RTX 30xx crap-show.
Because they were massively overpriced.

Then the new pricing structure quickly became the norm (thanks ONLY to crypto. again). The 3080 offered around twice the power of almost anything < 2080 that came before it.

Because they were massively overpriced.
When I got it was post launch and all the 1080 Ti cards were sold out and the used ones were a stone's throw away from a new 2080, so I just went with a new card. I only upgraded because I was doing stuff in VR at the time for more than just gaming. Otherwise, I still had a 980 which was doin' okay.

While more gaming demand is cool, I give a special middle finger, from the deepest part of my heart, to crypto and all it's done.

When I got it was post launch and all the 1080 Ti cards were sold out and the used ones were a stone's throw away from a new 2080, so I just went with a new card. I only upgraded because I was doing stuff in VR at the time for more than just gaming. Otherwise, I still had a 980 which was doin' okay.

While more gaming demand is cool, I give a special middle finger, from the deepest part of my heart, to crypto and all it's done.
It just goes to show you that even the card makers themselves (Nvidia) have no idea what's going on (in the market) either. Or else they would never have announced brand new RTX 3080s for $699 MSRP in the first place.

I wanted to devote a rare pocket of free time to deciding what games I wanted from a bundle, so I went to the Steam website itself for the first time in a while to try to compare some of them. Steam decided it had been too long since the last time I logged in through a browser, so it told me to enter a Steam Guard code that it would e-mail me.

This was fifteen minutes ago and I still haven't gotten a code. I can't request a new one be sent until a half hour has passed.

I sure am glad my account is so secure I can't even access it.

EDIT:
Code finally came. It didn't work.

EDIT2:
Hey, I got a code that worked! Only took three hours.

I am curious regarding the level of interest in the Steam Deck over here. I looked over the different categories on this forum and didn't find any specific thread for discussion about the Steam Deck only (news, updates, etc) so this thread seems to be the best place. I have the 512GB model reserved for Q1 2022. I was curious to see how others were preparing for it. I am trying to discern a good price point for the 512gb microsd vs the 1tb microsd. I fundamentally have problems spending over $100 on something (microsd cards) with such a high risk of failure but it doesn't look like the situation is improving much. I wish the deck had USB 2.0/3.0 options for small thumbdrives as an alternative too but it only has microsd.

I was curious to see how others were preparing for it. I am trying to discern a good price point for the 512gb microsd vs the 1tb microsd. I fundamentally have problems spending over $100 on something (microsd cards) with such a high risk of failure but it doesn't look like the situation is improving much.
I'm moving a surplus of gamestop credit into a steam wallet funds to cover my deck purchase. My reservation is for the $399 version December 2021.

I recently grabbed a 512gb Samsung microsd in the 50-60 range. Just buy a new sandisk or samsung microsd in the range you can afford off a reputable, major retailer. Ignore the rest - there's way to much nonsense floating around cheap microsd products.

The console itself, will be a wait and see. I have some concerns regarding comfort with the placement of buttons/sticks and the real world readability of UI elements in some of the games I plan to play. But I hope it's great.

bread's done
Back