Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Think about how long Halo wasn’t on Steam. Microsoft and Sony have only recently started releasing their modern titles on Steam. They have a good 15-20 year leg up on Epic, so I don’t fault a company for buying exclusives for their platform. You can still play them on any PC, just download the friggin client.
There is a world of difference between keeping your own IPs exclusive and buying third-party exclusives, some just before release.

Dkxn8r1l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Think about how long Halo wasn’t on Steam. Microsoft and Sony have only recently started releasing their modern titles on Steam. They have a good 15-20 year leg up on Epic, so I don’t fault a company for buying exclusives for their platform. You can still play them on any PC, just download the friggin client.

Imagine if Google had any decent Stadia exclusives … might have actually succeeded. Instead it’s dying a slow and pointless death.
Again you're thinking in a console mindset where exclusives have always been a thing. But this is a PC thread. Epic brought an exclusivity mindset and console war bullshit to the PC gaming market, when PC was always about being an open platform

And of course I don't blame the devs, especially small ones, for taking Epic's money. Who wouldn't? The blame is all on Epic for wasting hundreds of millions of dollars to make PC gamers wait 12 months for Steam versions of PC games

I just don’t think there’s much difference between consoles and PCs in 2021. This isn’t 1999. Everyone has to adapt and the lines have blurred. I get it, many of you hate Epic and Tim Sweeney. I just don’t think they’re that bad, considering their contributions to gaming overall (Unreal engine, Fortnite … yes, it’s actually pretty good, etc) and I don’t think their business practices are all that different or “evil” compared to most other, more established tech companies.

And even Sweeney seems like a decent dude, just learned about his conservation contributions today. So in order to not drag this out, this will be my last post on this, so we can all go back to posting about more important things … like pizza.

Ps. Yes, everyone loves Steam … but look what Steam did to Valve as a game studio … RIP HL3 and L4D3 … they make amazing games, but Steam has made them lazy (granted HL Alyx is impressive … but imagine what they could have done).

I just don’t think they’re that bad
That's fine but you should just stick with "I don't care" rather than try to torture a connection to console gaming. Which, honestly, doesn't deserve an answer any better than "If all the other game companies were jumping off a bridge, would you do it too" anyway.

I just don’t think there’s much difference between consoles and PCs in 2021.
Sure there is. Epic doesn't fund my PC hardware costs.

The problem is also the direction they're going. Consoles are being more open to other platforms, and Epic is going the opposite way by making it more closed.

Sure there is. Epic doesn't fund my PC hardware costs.

The problem is also the direction they're going. Consoles are being more open to other platforms, and Epic is going the opposite way by making it more closed.
Yeah b/c Sony and Microsoft want more $. They are also putting on PC b/c they have to compete w/ each other. Sony might've had the lead w/ PS4, but Microsoft decides to put MORE games on the huge PC Install-base and Xbox consoles...and if that wasn't enough, now there's Game Pass for both Consoles and PC.

It makes sense when a game's old, for Sony to put it on PC - to make sure there's another SKU and fan-base that can gobble up their likely costly to develop, market, and publish games. Also drums up interest in their classics and franchises again, to do such a thing. And some PS4/5 fans also have PC and likely could double-dip, re-buying God of War, Days Gone, or whatever again for the reasons people love PC Gaming - i.e. improved performance, improved features, better graphics, and/or great technical ports like both HZD is now and also Days Gone. Also helps when you buy-out a company great this stuff, too - i.e. Nixxes.

While Sony's still in the lead, Sony has to now compete w/ Microsoft this gen b/c Microsoft is competing...even though last gen it was the other way around (Microsoft needing to compete w/ PS4 popularity, thanks to the #DealWithIt stuff from E3 w/ Xbone was to be always online originally).

Game development, publishing, and marketing ain't cheap.

Yeah b/c Sony and Microsoft want more $. They are also putting on PC b/c they have to compete w/ each other. Sony might've had the lead w/ PS4, but Microsoft decides to put MORE games on the huge PC Install-base and Xbox consoles...and if that wasn't enough, now there's Game Pass for both Consoles and PC.

It makes sense when a game's old, for Sony to put it on PC - to make sure there's another SKU and fan-base that can gobble up their likely costly to develop, market, and publish games. Also drums up interest in their classics and franchises again, to do such a thing. And some PS4/5 fans also have PC and likely could double-dip, re-buying God of War, Days Gone, or whatever again for the reasons people love PC Gaming - i.e. improved performance, improved features, better graphics, and/or great technical ports like both HZD is now and also Days Gone. Also helps when you buy-out a company great this stuff, too - i.e. Nixxes.

While Sony's still in the lead, Sony has to now compete w/ Microsoft this gen b/c Microsoft is competing...even though last gen it was the other way around (Microsoft needing to compete w/ PS4 popularity, thanks to the #DealWithIt stuff from E3 w/ Xbone was to be always online originally).

Game development, publishing, and marketing ain't cheap.
Yeah the reason I am not getting any consoles this go around is due to MS and Sony putting their games on PC now. The only slight issue is that although MS is releasing their heavy hitters on PC day one, Sony seems to make their games a timed exclusive on the PS before releasing on PC. Hopefully this battle between them will force Sony to push games out faster on the PC.

Reposting the leftovers - it's a free for all!!! Take this junk before it rots in my account forever!!!

Battle Islands Commanders - E3 Exclusive Crate
Call of Duty®: WWII - Call of Duty Endowment Bravery Pack
Call of Duty®: WWII - Call of Duty Endowment Fear Not Pack
Evergarden
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
HAWKEN – Prosk Starter Bundle
Hacknet
I'm not a Monster
Kingdom: New Lands
Life Is Strange™ - Episode 1
Metrico+
Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You
Outward - Soundtrack
Oxenfree
Purrfect Date - Visual Novel/Dating Simulator
Riders of Icarus E3 Heroic Ranger's Fury Pack
Rock of Ages 2 – Classic Pack
SNOW Pro Pack
Shoppe Keep
Snake Pass
Splasher
The Corporate Machine
The Political Machine 2016
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
If you can still spare the ones below, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands 😃

Snake Pass
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
Splasher
Evergarden

Like the way that Microsoft bought Bungie/Halo after it had already been announced at a MacWorld expo?
Yes, and there was no uproar over that from the PC gaming world. Nor was there any anger that MS required Windows Vista to play Halo 2 on PC.

Any sympathy I might have for game devs looking to get Epic cash to help the bottom line as they make their game dies when those same developers or publishers put their game on the consoles at the same time. Those consoles taking 30% cuts the same as Steam does.

Yes, and there was no uproar over that from the PC gaming world.
Speak for yourself, I was pissed. Back then I was a kid who only had access to a Mac and PS1, and Halo was originally gonna be an RTS for Mac from my favorite RTS-developers, who mostly focused on Mac games. Then the company I hated most at the time bought them and the game turned into an FPS, a genre I physically can’t play without getting sick.

Speak for yourself, I was pissed. Back then I was a kid who only had access to a Mac and PS1, and Halo was originally gonna be an RTS for Mac from my favorite RTS-developers, who mostly focused on Mac games. Then the company I hated most at the time bought them and the game turned into an FPS, a genre I physically can’t play without getting sick.
Re-read what I wrote. It was sarcasm. Plenty of people were pissed off about it going xbox only.

STALKER 2

Delayed (from April 2022) to now December 2022:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/stalker-2/delay
Begin: rant -

This delay, along with their "derp, all the NPCs have different teeth" shit no one could possibly care about, the fact that none of the footage they've released has actually been gameplay ("in-engine" means absolutely fuck-all) and then the "Oh, we've got NFTs... er, um wait, now we won't" really makes me think GSC is just going to lay a turd and call it STALKER 2.

The developer has been in-and-out of existence since 2009, when all their worthwhile talent left to 4A Games/Metro series and I seriously doubt they can release the promised content. The NFT thing I couldn't care less about, the fewer of them shits - the better, but this quote “We are convinced that development should take as long as necessary" translates to "We only have a nebulous idea about what we're doing or where this project is heading and we'll ride the wave of hardcore love for the first three games as long as possible."

I was really looking forward to playing this at no cost on GamePass, day 1, but now... all that's changed is I'm less excited and expecting a shitshow. Hope, hope, hope I'm wrong.

Here endeth the rant

STALKER 2

Delayed (from April 2022) to now December 2022:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/stalker-2/delay
More time for Elden Ring and Horizon then. First game was plagued with delays so I'm not surprised. Even then it was a buggy mess, but a darling in the community because it was damn good conceptually. It still gets mod support 15 years later, so as long as it does actually come out and not get canceled AGAIN; then I'm fine.

I know "not a sale," but Vampire Survivors is a $3 early access game I got recently and have already dumped many hours into.  It's a fun reverse-bullet hell roguelite with obvious homage to Castlevania. 

Not on sale, but under $5.  Worth it, IMO.

Hitman 3 / Hitman Trilogy Stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otBhG8ZldvQ

Notes:

- Hitman 3 and Hitman Trilogy are both coming to Steam on Jan. 20, 2022

- Hitman Trilogy is coming to Game Pass also on Jan. 20, 2022

- Hitman VR is coming to PC in Year 2 of Hitman 3

- New Game Mode: Elusive Target Arcade is coming in Year 2

- New Game Mode: Freelancer Game Mode is coming in Year 2

Mine changed to "After Q2" and I reserved the most expensive one, some friends who reserved later than I did but went for one of the cheaper ones are ahead of me. 

Shifted from Q1 22 to Q2 after the delay. I have enough in my backlog to tide me over while waiting. I don't mind waiting as perhaps more bugs will be sorted out by the time it hits my hands.

bread's done
Back