Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I just preordered the 529 one...at first had no plans to buy one...but with xcloud and gamepass it sold me, emulators, also playing some Sony exclusives that I haven't played like gow and horizon....also ill be able to play 7days to die which was one of my favorite games. I'm sold. I got the 529 model because im not ready to do the ssd upgrade on my own.

I have mine "all paid off" with the funds waiting in my wallet. I, too, got the top tier one. Again, the depths of emulation available will also make waiting for newer games to get refined under Proton a bearable wait.
so it this similar to Microsoft? just stack steam credit while waiting?

7 Days to Die is currently one of the best games on PC … highly encourage people to give it a second chance if you picked it up on sale a few years ago and haven’t tried playing it recently.

For some reason I thought 7 Days to Die was that survival game where you wake up after a plane crash near a forest. Turns out I was just thinking of The Forest.

But yeah, survival games are one of several genres I've long ignored that probably deserve more of a fair shake. Already installed The Long Dark after picking it up from the Ukraine relief bundle.

Somewhat. The people doing it through gs are using trade in credit to buy steam credit from what I recall along with stacking other promos. But there's a limit to how high those cards go I believe. And I recall comments that their individual stores were out of steam cards. Probably due to the pandemic and other people going the same route for the steam deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Through multiple layers of discounts over the holidays, massive trade-in deals through GameStop, and the rest was saved up previously.

I sold my PS4 Pro, after getting my PS5, for $330 to GameStop. I paid $70 to use a PS4 Pro for 5 years. Good deal to me.

Yep. Through multiple layers of discounts over the holidays, massive trade-in deals through GameStop, and the rest was saved up previously.

I sold my PS4 Pro, after getting my PS5, for $330 to GameStop. I paid $70 to use a PS4 Pro for 5 years. Good deal to me.
gonna try it, time to go back to GameStop. I got time til I get my deck anyway. thanks

gonna try it, time to go back to GameStop. I got time til I get my deck anyway. thanks
The time to do all that was months ago. GameStop hasn't had any good trade promos since 2021. You might be waiting till summer, or you could wait till Target has B1G1 15% off Steam cards again

"The Witcher 4" announced:
https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/21/22989313/cd-projekt-red-new-witcher-game-unreal-engine-5-announcement

Notes:
- "The Witcher: A New Saga Begins" (Witcher 4) has been announced.
- W4 will NOT run on RED Engine (RED Engine is what Witcher 2 & 3 and CP 2077 ran on)
- To streamline development, it will run on Unreal Engine 5 (UE is a WAY more commonly-used engine)
- This will NOT be exclusive to the Epic Store either (thankfully).
- CP 2077 and its expansions will still use RED Engine.

Set expectations to meh.

E064F2FE-F223-4C87-8A2E-E80BA13E017D.png

I know memeing about "PRAISE GERALDO" is the cool thing to do, but as a crusty Witcher fan, I look forward to a new take on the series and setting.  Having been playing since pre-Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition (talk about rough...), so carving their own path in that setting will be interesting for me.

I wish they'd release more info about the Cyberpunk expansions now that the game is mostly fixed with the 1.5 update. The gameplay was fun but ultimately felt a bit shallow with a lot of the story beats from non main story events not really going anywhere. 

as a crusty Witcher fan, I look forward to a new take on the series and setting. Having been playing since pre-Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition (talk about rough...), so carving their own path in that setting will be interesting for me.
Just curious, is there something that directly ties the new witcher series to Witcher 1 EE? I've only played 3 but really enjoy it. They announced a free W3 update for current-gen and pc a while back.. still waiting on that to revisit the game.

Just curious, is there something that directly ties the new witcher series to Witcher 1 EE? I've only played 3 but really enjoy it. They announced a free W3 update for current-gen and pc a while back.. still waiting on that to revisit the game.
Witcher 1 is more "the misadventures of Geralt" and covers some of the ground the books cover. It's within the greater narrative of the three, but not as much story, more lore. There is more to understanding character interactions and backgrounds than actual plot.

The whole Geralt had amnesia and Triss kind of took advantage of that to push Yennefer out of the picture a bit is kinda gross in retrospect, but it does paint a picture of the "not-so-perfect" people in the world in which the games take place within.

You do meet a lot of familiar faces in the third game for the first time in Witcher 1. It's just a much different and much harder game; it follows what a Witcher is more closely. You have to spend a lot of time preparing for fights by talking to people to gather what the next monster may be, read books to find weakness, and combine the correct swords, oils, and potions to defeat them.

The latter games cut out a lot of that "busy work" whereas by the third game, potions are basically not a major mechanic.

Witcher 2 has more of a direct lead into Witcher 3, which is why Witcher 3 has questions in the beginning of choices you made in the previous game.

I have fond memories of The Witcher since it was one of the first games I played after installing Windows via Bootcamp on an old iMac and it was a part of what led me to throwing my iMac into a lake, building my own PC, and getting into PC gaming in general. I enjoyed learning about the characters, the old-school role-playing elements, and collecting the cards that have pictures of naked ladies. Really good times.

Well, fast forward a few years and I tried playing the game again after finishing The Witcher 3. It was shit. Oh, and I guess in some ways it's also responsible for me getting into PC gaming, looking for deals, and finding this here Steam deals thread on CAG. So wait, did I say earlier that I have fond memories of The Witcher? Well, what I meant to say was: fuck that game.

Have there been any games that have reduced file sizes in anticipation of Steam Deck comparability? Would be nice to see more customized options that reduce install sizes given the constraints of the system in power and SSD size.

I’m not quite as hyped for it anymore, but I’ll probably still buy one in Q2 and then resell it if it doesn’t meet my expectations. Also interested to see if the dock will add Switch-like functionality to connect to a TV or monitor and play remotely. Have they given a date for the dock’s availability?

Have there been any games that have reduced file sizes in anticipation of Steam Deck comparability? Would be nice to see more customized options that reduce install sizes given the constraints of the system in power and SSD size.

I’m not quite as hyped for it anymore, but I’ll probably still buy one in Q2 and then resell it if it doesn’t meet my expectations. Also interested to see if the dock will add Switch-like functionality to connect to a TV or monitor and play remotely. Have they given a date for the dock’s availability?
You can use your own USB type-C dock. Many video reviews include this. It's pretty quick and easy.

There are people talking about Linux compression methods that can reduce file sizes. I doubt any game developer would introduce smaller distros specifically for it. So if want the latest Call of Pooty, or whatever behemoth, you're probably pressed for space. Otherwise, file size management is likely lower on their priority than getting games Deck Verified.

you dont need their dock to do it, just buy any usbc->hdmi dongle, or one of those hubs/mini-hubs that give a bunch of ports. You can get em on amazon for <30$ for a full hub

Ghostwire: Tokyo PC - System Requirements.

PC Requirements:

csm_Ghostwire_Tokyo_pc_system_requirements_48bcd25cb5.jpg

Things to note:

- 6 GB VRAM card is required for this game (GTX 1060 6GB VRAM card is the minimum here).

- 12 GB RAM (regular RAM) is required here too.

- And the above two things is as a bare min. for 720p30fps at Low Settings.

I saw an ad for this the other day on TV... I had no idea what the fuck I was looking at.
I didn't know what the heck this was going to be either, until I began checking reviews out. Ton of them out there, so...dig around.

Check Reviews and whatnot.

Also, read I'm going to to say & link.

Here's what I've gotten out of this one, from previews & reviews:

- It's basically an open-world game.

- It's a horror-themed magical-shooter game set in a somewhat modern Tokyo.

- Combat plays like a first-person shooter, but your fingers are like magical guns.

- You're shooting magic, not guns; and this combat's ammo is all based around the 4 elements (wind, water, fire, earth).

- You will do missions (main & side); gain souls (from doing missions and enemies); and use these Souls to buy & upgrade stuff.

- You only get sections at a time to access (probably so you don't get 50000 icons on the map).

- You have to do Main Missions & also find these Gates (like Oblivion's Oblivion-gates) to unlock more areas in this game-world.

- You are basically a Ghostbuster here in Tokyo in an empty Tokyo, helping ghosts pass on basically, story-wise.

- You're also trying to save Tokyo and the world from evil ghosts & spirits.

- A lot of the Enemies and Ghost stuff all based heavily on Japanese Lore.

- This Empty Tokyo sounds like The Leftovers TV Show in a sense w/ an empty area, but all set in Japan.

- This was originally going to be The Evil Within 3, but it became it's own thing in the process.

GameRanx has a good "Before you Buy" on what this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FIqd33yJOs

So, question for the pc gamers.  I've always been console only, and my AAA gaming will remain there.  I have the 650 version of the steam deck 'reserved'.  For the money and non AAA gaming, would it be cheaper to find a decently powerful desktop machine?  or would that be even more expensive?

Sort of depends on what you mean by "non-AAA".  If you just want a system to run your itch.io indie game library, you could probably find a cheaper used desktop with an RX480 or 1060 3GB or something and be fine.  You'll be giving up portability and dealing with used hardware and Facebook Marketplace randos but you'll save some money (assuming you have a monitor, etc already).  You'll have to look at your local listings and see what's available.  Alternately, a new AMD system with integrated graphics might be viable but you still won't be saving much on a $650 budget and, impressive as AMD's on-chip graphics are, a discrete card is usually still better.  Either will run your copy of Cats Are Liquid, though as well as more graphically impressive but not AAA titles.

If you say "non-AAA" to mean "Not by major developers with bajillion dollar budgets", you're probably still safe but there are some indie-developed games that'll hit a system hard.  Kingdom Come: Deliverance springs to mind as one that hits the GPU pretty hard or large Cities Skylines maps can give your system a workout.  But, still, the worst offenders will remain the AAA titles you're keeping on console.

Cyberpunk 2077 - PC:

Last update added a Graphics Settings Preset called "Steam Deck":

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/tks86q/cyberpunk_2077s_latest_patch_adds_a_steam_deck/

Yeah, more games wanting to support The Deck should do that. Awesome idea.
So when booting up the game on the deck, will it default to this setting or do I need to tinker with it? I ask because although God of War is on the list of recommended games on the deck, or whatever it is called, it did not run great on my deck. So I guess games do need to be tinkered with in the settings of the deck?

So, question for the pc gamers. I've always been console only, and my AAA gaming will remain there. I have the 650 version of the steam deck 'reserved'. For the money and non AAA gaming, would it be cheaper to find a decently powerful desktop machine? or would that be even more expensive?
On top of what syntax said, its sort of hard to compare the deck to a desktop, because its fulfilling a different need. Performance wise it can sort of slot in somewhere between a rx460 and a gtx1050 (and then sometimes falls below both of those) but comparing those at running at 1080p vs. the deck's 800p. Console comparison wise it comes in near an xbox series s/xsx for performance. But its gpu and cpu doesnt directly line up with any of them because its a more modern layout and architecture, but then stripped back for power consumption, but then given access to much more ram than any of those older comparisons.

You will always be able to find an older cheaper desktop build that could perform better. Its just how it goes with commodity parts and people dumping older builds and such. So if you dont see the value in a portable open system that hits 30-60fps on variable graphics settings for a wide range of games for your needs, then go for the desktop, no need to waste the money on a more integrated and custom setup than what you wouldnt actually use. On the other hand if you could see yourself using it for what it is, then go for it, but I wouldnt buy one solely as a desktop semi-capable replacement (despite people/yt'ers/streamers proclaiming its zomg the only affordable desktop gaming pc right now, that comes with A LOT of caveats for that statement)

So when booting up the game on the deck, will it default to this setting or do I need to tinker with it? I ask because although God of War is on the list of recommended games on the deck, or whatever it is called, it did not run great on my deck. So I guess games do need to be tinkered with in the settings of the deck?
No clue, I don't have the Deck.

I just it's an awesome idea here and more games should do the "Steam Deck" preset thing - besides the usual assortment of presets for "Low", "Medium", "High", "Ultra", etc.

If there is a feature for a game to notice you're on a Deck and it does it by itself - well, that'd be even more awesome.

Some games do auto-config; up to dev's on that. But, option should always be there to modify and tinker from there.

Most gamers when playing a game should before anything else just go right into the Graphics Menu and start setting the graphics settings accordingly and/or start tinkering IMHO anyways, once they enable Metrics and see if they are fine w/ performance & quality.

EDIT - Given the Deck w/ its screen-size and "power", I'd guess most games would or should be running at some settings (Hopefully "Medium") for hopefully 720p-800p at 30fps or hopefully be able to hit 60fps?

Cyberpunk 2077 - PC:

Last update added a Graphics Settings Preset called "Steam Deck":

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/tks86q/cyberpunk_2077s_latest_patch_adds_a_steam_deck/

Yeah, more games wanting to support The Deck should do that. Awesome idea.
also the gamingonlinux guy tested it, and once again cdpr has completely fucked up their graphics settings. The deck preset basically puts it to high/ultra settings. They did this on release of their benchmark too where changing settings had no effect on the benchmark and it was just benching with whatever RT settings it wanted to over and over until they fixed it a couple weeks after. CDPR doesnt seem to fully understand how a settings screen works

Reply: Sasquatc4

Thanks for the info and update. Hopefully, CDP adjusts Steam Deck settings appropriately for that hardware and/or makes multiple presets for Steam Deck.

On top of what syntax said, its sort of hard to compare the deck to a desktop, because its fulfilling a different need. Performance wise it can sort of slot in somewhere between a rx460 and a gtx1050 (and then sometimes falls below both of those) but comparing those at running at 1080p vs. the deck's 800p. Console comparison wise it comes in near an xbox series s/xsx for performance. But its gpu and cpu doesnt directly line up with any of them because its a more modern layout and architecture, but then stripped back for power consumption, but then given access to much more ram than any of those older comparisons.

You will always be able to find an older cheaper desktop build that could perform better. Its just how it goes with commodity parts and people dumping older builds and such. So if you dont see the value in a portable open system that hits 30-60fps on variable graphics settings for a wide range of games for your needs, then go for the desktop, no need to waste the money on a more integrated and custom setup than what you wouldnt actually use. On the other hand if you could see yourself using it for what it is, then go for it, but I wouldnt buy one solely as a desktop semi-capable replacement (despite people/yt'ers/streamers proclaiming its zomg the only affordable desktop gaming pc right now, that comes with A LOT of caveats for that statement)
Great info, thanks to you and Syntax. I guess I should've clarified, by AAA I meant the big budget, 4k 60fps stuff. My monitor is only a 2k anyway. I'd be perfectly satisfied with 1080 60fps capability on my limited pc gaming.

Sounds like I need to research around on desktops before I get any steam deck email. AND decide if I like it enough just for the portability. Thanks again.

A reminder that Fanatical will start running a charity bundle for Ukrainian relief later today. Scheduled to go live at Noon ET. No idea if they've changed plans, but initially they said there would only be 10K bundles available. So this one could go quickly.

Can't wait for 100 mystery keys!
Whatever they put forward, this will consist of 80% of games that were bundled to death, 10% of games that were bundles 3 or less times, 10% never bundled. 100% me wasting my time trying to reconcile what games I own versus don't own to only find out one hour later they are sold out.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/stand-with-ukraine-charity-bundle

Yeesh, this one's kinda rough (at least compared to the Humble one). LOL
By the "I just came down out of the hills and never bought a PC game before" metric, it's good for $15.

On the tail of the Itch & Humble packs (including overlaps with them) and for people who've bought previous bundles in general so they already own a lot of these, there's not a ton here to get jazzed up about.

At least Humble Ukraine Bundle had Back 4 Blood, Satisfactory, and Fable Anniversary in there. Granted, I'm still not sure if I'm gonna buy that one, as a lot of games in there I already own or don't even care about. They did add a few things, which is good - but again, own Ryse: SoM and Iron Danger.

I dunno - doesn't even look like one thing in the Fanatical Bundle that I'm interested in here for $15. Already own X Rebirth, from way back in the day. So, meh.

And I thought there would at least be some Pizza Connection 3 fans with all the pizza posts...

Good cause, uninteresting games.  I bought the $15 tier of Mooby's Animu Bundle 4 instead.  The spin-to-win thing was $0.50 in store credit.  

Square Enix wasn't exactly known for good discounts on PC even before Sweeney acquired exclusives, but damn, 20% off on many of those KH games on Epic is a rotten deal considering how cheap they've been on consoles. FF7R has also been $25 on PS5.

There are some alright games, and some good rebundles. Rounds is a really neat looking multiplayer game with lots of mods. I've wanted the Cube Escape Collection and the Natally game, although they're both cheap. Overall a little disappointing, but it's somewhat comparable to the itch.io one that was $10. I think I have store credit, so I may get this and give away the extra keys.

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts, it's getting close to the anniversary of their release on Epic. Really hope it was a 1 year exclusivity deal and that they come to Steam

bread's done
Back