Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
you are right. I keep seeing some posters on CAG posting game deals for free.

They should be paid for their time and effort. How's about 1 foil for every view? that should keep the thread deal-focused and free from junk like "shoes" and "pizza" and "slut shaming"
Some people are okay working for free...others are not.

The worst thing about this paid mod thing is that the cut is apparently:

Valve 30 percent

Bethesda: 45 percent

Mod maker: 25 percent

While I think the idea of paid mods stinks, that right there is just ripping off mod makers. (the ones that make something worth buying anyway)

I wouldn't be surprised if these mod makers start accepting donations in exchange for the mod on steam. (I guess they can gift them right?). You pay much less than the Steam price tag, while they still get more money than they would from the 25 percent.
That is pretty bad, I wonder if this will start devs cracking down on mod makers sharing mods either doing what you mentioned or even for free, because they didn't give the "publisher/dev," their cut. Ala Let's Plays but worse because at least mods can clearly argue they are adding content.

Also wonder what happens when people make identical mods, but one is free and the other person charges for it? Can imagine going to be tons of complaints of stealing work and other stuff.

Last thing, anyone else find it interesting that Valve is doing this, considering how many of their games started as free mods: Team Fortress 2 a sequel to the Team Fortress mod, CS was originally a mod of Half-Life, Day of defeat was a Half-Life mod, and DOTA was a mod. So Portal, Half-Life, and Left 4 Dead are the only ones not based around a former mod. If what I've read/remembered is right.

The only thing that worries me about paid mods is caring about other +1s. Only thing left is to make another count for them.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/DoctorMcKay/inventory#72850_2_510373700959223669

Shouldn't that count (sorry whose ever profile it is).

I can see the ip owner getting a bigger cut but the fact that valve makes more than the mod maker is insanity
Appearently Valve's cut is used for approved 'secondary contributors' like SKSE.

The worst thing about this paid mod thing is that the cut is apparently:

Valve 30 percent

Bethesda: 45 percent

Mod maker: 25 percent

While I think the idea of paid mods stinks, that right there is just ripping off mod makers. (the ones that make something worth buying anyway)

I wouldn't be surprised if these mod makers start accepting donations in exchange for the mod on steam. (I guess they can gift them right?). You pay much less than the Steam price tag, while they still get more money than they would from the 25 percent.
Modders didn't:

1) create the engine or huge base game that is usually required for the mod (IP holders)

2) handle the distribution which includes advertising, hosting, and bandwidth (Valve)

Also 25% is better than 0%...If modders feel that they are unfairly compensated, they are welcome to create their own distribution service. No one is forcing them to use Steam. (Just like indie game developers)

This thread needs a splash of color!

Why hasn't anyone posted the new Max Max trailer (releasing on Steam 1 September)?  Where you leaving it to me?  Aww, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKRGvSi5xXk

Special Promotion
25% off Kitty Powers' Matchmaker - $7.49

5PgLHUm.png

G3NWwdY.png

The real reason paid mods need to be nipped in the bud:

"Introducing our new feature for Fallout 4 and Elder Scrolls 6:  The fabulous proprietary mod file system!"*

*Steam workshop only, all paid mods, all the time!  (Note: We'll sue you silly if you infringe our exclusive rights.)

Choice of one free hat from the new 52 hat mod pack with pre-order!

(note:  the ability to equip hats/helms/tiaras/facial accessories is only available via cash shop purchase)

Good news: now featured deal slots in future Steam sales will be taken up by mods!

Community Vote:

1) 50% off Horse Armor

2) 50% off Nordic Waifu

3) 51% off Horse Genitals HD

Pay2mod should encourage more devs to include mod support lock down mods exclusively to Steam Workshop and file Cease & Desist on mods that work around it, which wouldn't would be awful.
FIFY

this is Steam trump card to kill other service platforms (I prefer competition given how monopolistic STeam has been and how un-responsive their customer-relation is)

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe people are making more money because they dont work at grocery stores in their 30's

just a guess i could be wrong
The last thing I #fakeybro'd was Deathtrap, and I had a coupon that stacked with a sale so got it for 25% off, and I actually played it. Before that, uh, D:OS, but I got that from a comrade. I think between bundles and the ridiculous backlog, it gets very difficult to justify full price or anything close it.

I was literally reading every post and considering what I might contribute literally to this discussion.

Also, welcome back Ashes!  I literally just saw you liked one of my old posts and thought something was off about that and then I realized it's because you hadn't been around in a while!  

Yaya!  Ashes is back.  But seriously, no one cares about the Mad Max reboot.  Just like no one cared about the Spiderman reboot.  Or any other reboot for that matter.  Let's just do away with calling them reboots.. because just like the NES.. it often takes more than one blow and a couple of slams in order for it to work.

Yaya! Ashes is back. But seriously, no one cares about the Mad Max reboot. Just like no one cared about the Spiderman reboot. Or any other reboot for that matter. Let's just do away with calling them reboots.. because just like the NES.. it often takes more than one blow and a couple of slams in order for it to work.
I didn't even know there -was- a Mad Max reboot going on.

That said, the game looks pretty goddamn good. Almost like a Borderlands without the miss and miss humor.

Welcome back ashes

And also whats up with people pre ordering
Fake ass gamers
Thanks! I FakeyBro'd Project CARS at greenarrgaming.

I dunno, but the #Fakeybro virus seems to be spreading of late.

I blame the lack of excellent 75% off sales from Steam, Amazon, and other places.
I blame games people actually want to play.,, especially if they have a multiplayer aspect.

Welcome back ashes. Bitching about how terrible game sales and bundles are hasn't been the same without you. As an added bonus we also get to bitch about how paid mods are literally the worst thing since valve escalated the chances of a cold war re-emergence by neutering the russian market 

Alien Rage at Nuuvem for a couple bucks, Steamworks activated.
I've actually been playing this a bit the past couple days. It's not at all bad for what it is. Sure it's a pretty generic shooter with little personality of it's own, but you could do far worse for a couple bucks. I really don't know why the critics tore into it as badly as they did when it released. The Steam-review consensus on it seems about right to me though. (It's also got a bit of challenge to it - which, after the Battlefield4 campaign I recently played, was refreshing).

Paid modding sucks and I hope Valve's little experiment dies a horrible death. Soon.

Lastly, welcome back Ashes.

bread's done
Back