Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
WHY AM I NOT IN ANY OF THESE STEAM GROUPS THAT GIVE AWAY FREE KEYS

WHAT THE HELL

IS THIS WHAT HAPPENS IN TEBOW CHAT?!

:(
That's not all that happens in Tebow chat! WINK WINK WINK WINK WINK WINK OW MY EYE

Sometimes, but you have to listen to Tebow and mysterd talk about oiled up, totally shaven Eastern European men writhing on the ground together.

+1's worth it to you?
Well, I have been watching Spartacus for some reason...

This thread needs a splash of color!
Yay! Welcome back! :D

High five!

3DPO82v.png

CI Games Sale (51%-80%)

80% - Alien Rage – Unlimited - R$6.99 ~ $2.35 (Steam)
79% - Enemy Front  - R$11.99 ~ $4.05 (Steam)
51% - Lords Of The Fallen - R$44.99 ~ $15.10 (Steam)
80% - Sniper Ghost Warrior – Gold Edition - R$2.99 ~ $1.01 (Steam)
80% - Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - R$6.99 ~ $2.35 (Steam)
80% - Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 – Collectors Edition - R$9.99 ~ $3.36 (Steam)
80% - Sniper: Ghost Warrior Trilogy - R$6.99 ~ $2.35 (Steam)

Last edited by a moderator:

The worst thing about this paid mod thing is that the cut is apparently:

Valve 30 percent

Bethesda: 45 percent

Mod maker: 25 percent

While I think the idea of paid mods stinks, that right there is just ripping off mod makers. (the ones that make something worth buying anyway)

I wouldn't be surprised if these mod makers start accepting donations in exchange for the mod on steam. (I guess they can gift them right?). You pay much less than the Steam price tag, while they still get more money than they would from the 25 percent.
This is basically for mod makers who want to make a quick buck or be paid for their work but are too lazy to set up a website/PayPal account or whatever.

But yes, the smart modders who put in a lot of effort will probably stick to outside payments.

I can see the ip owner getting a bigger cut but the fact that valve makes more than the mod maker is insanity
+1. Doesn't surprise me. Their excuse will be they get a 30% cut on everything else, so why not mods?

This implementation of paid modding makes me sad, because there's some good points behind it but there's far too much bad in the execution. There's been modders that have taken games broken to all hell and made them playable, directly contributing to higher sales (see Durante). I've believed those kind of modders have deserved compensation, but from the publisher, not the consumer. While it's good to finally have their hard work rewarded, it's coming from the wrong place (but more likely than not, people who fix up these games will continue to do so for free for fellow consumers).

There are also some really expansive mods that I could understand money being asked for (much like how expansions are probably the most justified form of DLC), and while the honour-based donation system has worked well enough, as there's been no legal way to pay for it as a product (which is fair because I think the creator of the original game deserves a cut in that instance). This fixes that, but of course, Valve and the publisher got incredibly greedy about it and leave a meager 25% for the creator, which still leaves donations as the better option.

tl;dr I support paid mods (depending on the type of mod), but the way this is being accomplished is disgusting.

Re: Mad Max game. I don't get the point of releasing that so close to the release of Just Cause 3. Didn't the same dev do both?

Re: Nuuvem sale

Anyone have any idea why the Trilogy costs the same as Ghost Warrior 2 and why Ghost Warrior 2's CE costs more? Makes no sense.

Alien Rage is great and all, but it's been in a $5 bundle twice with a bunch of other crap, hardly seems worth getting outside of a bundle.

Happy News: Welcome back Ashes! I've missed all your response pics and gifs! 

Unhappy News: Valve is now removing links to donation sites on workshop, so there's really no choice for modders. 

Happy News: Welcome back Ashes! I've missed all your response pics and gifs!

Unhappy News: Valve is now removing links to donation sites on workshop, so there's really no choice for modders.
It's easy enough to predict their "official" reason for doing so, but like most of their decisions lately, it's pretty obvious what the real motive is.

tl;dr Valve & Bethesda are greedy bitches. 25% for modder ha-ha-ha. That's the worst thing. Secondly we know Valves moderation, so we get same crap ála greenlight. then $100 to submit mods -> You pay Valve to sell your mods for their profit.

(Of course this is just joke and it won't happen.)

You need submit payment information for free mods too, so they're making it very easy to check that paid mod checkbox.

This thread needs a splash of color!

Why hasn't anyone posted the new Max Max trailer (releasing on Steam 1 September)? Where you leaving it to me? Aww, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKRGvSi5xXk

Special Promotion
25% off Kitty Powers' Matchmaker - $7.49

5PgLHUm.png

G3NWwdY.png
I thought I had come up with something clever with the return of ashe and both games. Sometime along the lines of, "You would have to be a Mad Motoki not wanting to take it to the Max with ashekitty Powers' Matchmatcher. 1 seasonal already owns this game." But it would be easier just to say hey ashe.

I'm was thinking of buying Spelunky, Rogues Legacy & Our Darkest Purpose. Had in cart & all. Then I decided to wait for summer sale.

So bundling delayed, sorry.

Hey, welcome back Ashes!

I for one don't care about the Mad Max game, but the movie looks great. It's not a reboot, btw. Technically a sequel. Same writer/directer of the old ones which helps it look right on target.

Up to 85% off Spring Sale 4/16 - 4/30
Ending 4/28
40% off Assassin's Creed: Unity (Uplay) - $35.99
Up to 75% off Codemasters F1 games
80% off Paradox Grand Strategy Bundle (DRM Free/Steam mixed) - $20.00
Up to 75% off The Walking Dead games and DLC
50% off The Wolf Among Us (Telltale DRM) - $12.50

40% off Battlefield Hardline - Standard Edition - $35.99
40% off Battlefield Hardline - Digital Deluxe Edition - $41.99
23% off Battlefield Hardline - Ultimate Edition - $92.38

Weekend Promo: Weekend Mixer - Up to 75% off

Sorry I haven't been real active in posting this stuff in the thread, but I've been trying to keep the OP up to date. I've just been, uh, busy.

Lol at BF Hardline 40% off already. Such a waste of a game. Could have been a $20 expansion for BF4 (Which I wouldn't have paid more than $5 for)

There isn't a suitable post to respond to this with, but I just wanted more Milana Vayntrub.

cxpZxa4.gif

I bet you can't guess where he's looking.

Lol at BF Hardline 40% off already. Such a waste of a game. Could have been a $20 expansion for BF4 (Which I wouldn't have paid more than $5 for)
Yeah, that's what Angry Joe said about the game. He ripped it a new one. Basically called it a cash grab reskin with way less features than the last game and pretty awful multiplayer maps. (and a cliche single player storyline)

Welcome back, Ashes!

It's great to have you back!

How's Project CARS, BTW?

Play any other great racing games, while you were away from CAG?
Thanks!

I don't know. I didn't crowdfund it back when... (they did their own thing, not kickstarter/indie gogo...) I'm still waiting on my keys (probably at release). There's a lot of opinions out from crowdfunders, which places it as better graphics than Assetto Corsa but less (but still good) sim fidelity. Also pCARS is going for a more mainstream crowd (releasing on XBO/PS4).

I've been racing through Diablo 3 Season 3 =D... and Dead Island (which has a lot of non-driving side activities).

I think it's been free for a while... owned since 2 June 2014... 57 friends own...
54 here - This was in three bundles, not to mention it's a game by the creator of Five Nights at Freddy's, so I guess a lot of folks got it because of that.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaand of course Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 has no way to upgrade to the CE. Of course. Pass. :|

bread's done
Back