Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
This I will agree with you on.. Flash deals have sucked lol
I stay up late at night....to catch the flash deals before bed. I know I will be disappointed, but still keep doing it. Fool me once,twice, and so on -.-

Maybe that's why I'm so salty over everything today...or maybe it's just the large amount of pretzels I have eaten.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stay up late at night....to catch the flash deals before bed. I know I will be disappointed, but still keep doing it. Fool me once,twice, and so on -.-

Maybe that's why I'm so salty over everything today...or maybe it's just the large amount of pretzels I have eaten.
I'm in the same boat. Stay up til one. Go to sleep pissed.

Also, that XBoner is way too much but I think $50 controllers are way too much. But it's like a million controllers in one! I also don't expect it to be very durable with all the interchangeable parts.

They fool me every 12 hours..

Also, that XBoner is way too much but I think $50 controllers are way too much.

Tandy_Color1_Joystick_1.jpg

I don't know why anybody pays like 50 bucks for a controller.  I paid maybe 15 bucks for my Logitech F310 and it does everything I want out of it and does it well.

I kinda get why people pay extra for a gaming mouse or keyboard with extra functionality, but not a controller.

I paid about $50 my Wireless 360 controller for Windows controller at Best Buy a few years back. The only way to get the official Microsoft dongle is to get it in that pack. Amazon sells cheap Chinese knock offs but a bunch of people have complained that it doesn't work as well as the real thing.

I could have gotten a wired controller but at the time I had a setup where the PC was piped out to my big flatscreen (via a long ass HDMI cable ha!) and the wired controller worked really well for that even facing the opposite direction with the PC behind me and through walls.

Anyway, I've gotten a ton of use out of that thing so I don't regret it.

I have a Logitech 710 but I got it on sale for like $30.  Before that I was using some Madkatz knock-off 360 controller that felt like it was made of perhaps $2 worth of materials.  Compared to it, the Logitech is a brick and it took me a while to get used to the extra heft.

At least PC has some options and middle grounds.  My kid's PS3 controller broke and the choices were either around $50 for an official controller or a host of two-star reviewed knock-offs reading "Pleystaton 3 Sonny controller".

I paid about $50 my Wireless 360 controller for Windows controller at Best Buy a few years back. The only way to get the official Microsoft dongle is to get it in that pack. Amazon sells cheap Chinese knock offs but a bunch of people have complained that it doesn't work as well as the real thing.
FWIW, I got one of those knock-offs (maybe $10) and it seems to work fine. It took a little bit to get it set up correctly but I haven't had any major issues yet. That being said, it'll break tomorrow.

FWIW, I got one of those knock-offs (maybe $10) and it seems to work fine. It took a little bit to get it set up correctly but I haven't had any major issues yet. That being said, it'll break tomorrow.
It seemed like half the people said they worked okay and half said they gave them cancer so I didn't really want to play roulette. Plus I didn't have to set mine up at all. Windows just detected it and it just worked.

OMG Stop buying Magic 2015 you guys :whistle2:x

Well, unless you're just buying it to +1, I guess.
I thought about it but the more I looked into it the more I couldn't justify it. Everyone pretty much hates it. Plus I still need to play like the last 3 years worth. :p

They raised the base price when it went from Early Access to release.  Which I suppose is fair since you're not "supporting" them any longer by buying an unfinished game early.

They raised the base price when it went from Early Access to release. Which I suppose is fair since you're not "supporting" them any longer by buying an unfinished game early.
When Early Access first came out that was kind of the idea, pay less get less, wait and get more but pay more etc. It's reasonable enough except 90% of them just end up slashing the price and/or bundling.

Of course Kerbal is one of the games that can afford to do that pricing model because people actually want it and it's selling.

And it's comparatively worse than the 2014 version, so anyone actually planning on playing the game (lol) should get that.
Yeah, it's disappointing that 2015 is supposedly so bad that I can't justify purchasing it, even at this cheap price. I buy DOTP almost every year (skipped 2013) and get usually a good 15-20 hours of very enjoyable play out of each iteration before I get tired of grinding and the limited deckbuilding options. The annual installments help to keep things fresh, but I have no desire to feel nickle and dimed by WOTC while playing. That's why I gave up the actual card game decades ago.

I bought Magic 2015 at release (luckily, cheap from a Russian TF2 key trade) since I was playing the card version at the time and wanted the promo card and figured it was safe since I enjoyed 2014.  Played it for maybe a half hour and was just disappointed all around.  Less features, the controls are worse, looks worse... really nothing to recommend it over 2014 Gold. 

The good news is that you'll be done with it well before the two-hour return window.

Oh thank God, Terraria is a daily!  I'm sure the four people that don't have it will be ecstatic.

Kinda broke right now, but that 33% off Take On Mars is probably as cheap as it's going to get until after it's out of EA. 

Are people actually crafting the summer sale badge? I just decided to sell five or six cards this morning because I didn't foresee myself actually getting enough of them to get the badge and I wasn't sure there was a point to it anyway. Is this a bad idea?

Kinda tempted by Payday2.. but doubt I'd play it before it goes cheaper.  Spelunky is on my wishlist, but that price tells me it might get bundled soon.  Contagion has also been on my wishlist for a while, but it seems the development of it has slacked off and there was some sort of drama/inability of the dev to take criticism/review suppression according to the reviews... so maybe I'll pass for now.

Oh and Elite Dangerous finally gets a sale and it's a crap discount.

So, I guess I should ask if anyone here thinks Payday2 is worth it at that price.  I mean I have dlc masks for it just waiting to be activated.. that's worth spending money right?!?!  Right!??!  Regular or GOTY edition?

Kinda tempted by Payday2.. but doubt I'd play it before it goes cheaper. Spelunky is on my wishlist, but that price tells me it might get bundled soon. Contagion has also been on my wishlist for a while, but it seems the development of it has slacked off and there was some sort of drama/inability of the dev to take criticism/review suppression according to the reviews... so maybe I'll pass for now.

So, I guess I should ask if anyone here thinks Payday2 is worth it at that price. I mean I have dlc masks for it just waiting to be activated.. that's worth spending money right?!?! Right!??! Regular or GOTY edition?
Do you have friends to play with? If not, NO. You will be constantly kicked from lobbies for being new and useless (according to most of the elitists that play regularly). With friends though, it's great, unless you have a moronic friend who doesnt listen and goes off on their own.

Kinda tempted by Payday2.. but doubt I'd play it before it goes cheaper. Spelunky is on my wishlist, but that price tells me it might get bundled soon. Contagion has also been on my wishlist for a while, but it seems the development of it has slacked off and there was some sort of drama/inability of the dev to take criticism/review suppression according to the reviews... so maybe I'll pass for now.

So, I guess I should ask if anyone here thinks Payday2 is worth it at that price. I mean I have dlc masks for it just waiting to be activated.. that's worth spending money right?!?! Right!??! Regular or GOTY edition?
Assuming ITAD isn't borked, the previous Payday 2 GOTY sale was $20. $12.50 is pinching my impulses.

What's the lowest FFXIII and FXIII-2 have been? I feel like these prices are just okay...not great/amazing like I want :(
I know Newegg had FFXIII cheaper, not sure on exact prices though. They're really shitty prices on Steam. 66% off would've been "ok", 50% off is insulting. I want a refund and I haven't even bought it!

Thinking about picking up Driver at 75% off... does anyone know the difference between the Deluxe Edition and the regular version? I'm torn on buying a UPlay game because every time I've tried to use the client it crashes on me. If it didn't require it I'd buy it without hesitation.

bread's done
Back