Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Arma III yay or nay if you have friends to play with?
If you have never played an Arma game before I might suggest Arma 2: CO or Arma 2 complete. Sadly the free version of Arma 2 has been discontinued and there are no demos for 2 or 3. The gameplay is far different from your typical FPS. Its a military sim and plays like it.

PSA: Apologies if this has been posted already...

Given how WB pulled their games from Nuuvem, I've been worried how this will affect the Arkham Knight preorders.  The answer is not at all, the game keys will be provided at release and the game will not be region locked.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/pagina/batman-ak

WB games still not available to purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will give you that the community votes did indeed suck and people are stupid, but the clicker game outside of unlocking more sales is a lame glitchy hamster wheel to nowhere.

It doesn't let you hunt for a chance at a cheap price at obscure games that never go on decent sales, it doesn't give a chance at getting a free game or getting extra bonus DLC for games. It doesn't give you an excuse to play the games you already own. All it does is basically lemming copy the latest fad that's got everyone playing some pointless half baked free game instead of games they actually paid for.
Oh I agree that the monster clicker game sucks, but you know Valve's gonna fuck something up with the seasonal sales, so I'm just glad it's this and not something worse. I can live with a good sale with a monster clicker game gimmick.

PSA: Apologies if this has been posted already...

Given how WB pulled their games from Nuuvem, I've been worried how this will affect the Arkham Knight preorders. The answer is not at all, the game keys will be provided at release and the game will not be region locked.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/pagina/batman-ak

WB games still not available to purchase.
I'm glad I grabbed the game plus pass when I did, even though it wasn't the best deal (excluding gray markets). I just hope no one else wises up and yanks their games. I've still got my fingers and toes crossed for a decent to tolerable preorder deal on MGS V even though there's neither hide or hair of such a thing anywhere. I wonder what the fuck Konami is up to less than 3 months from release. Jacking off to their slot machine monies, I guess.

I didn't know we're comparing AAA franchises to TV show adaptions
Wasn't really comparing them. Was just saying that Wolfenstein was a great game and I was enjoying it.

I can try compare them though, if you like: Korra is a much worse FPS than Wolfenstein. There are no guns and it's in third person!

tumblr_inline_njit1jzjMP1qznfri.gif

I'm still disappointed that we didn't get a shit Airbender game based on the shit film. The shit Dragon Ball movie got one, why couldn't Aang?

This talk of Scorchers DLC for Rage has me interested, but it suffers from Bethesdaitis at only 50% off.  However, I did get the game for free as I was working retail at the time and got it through Bethesda's retail associate site. 

From my understanding, they are a legit game sales website from Germany. I think I remember reading somewhere that they can be a pain to buy from. (telephone confirmation, photo id confirmation, etc). I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong or thinking of the wrong site.
I just ordered from them (had an account from a Deponia giveaway they did over Christmas) and had to give them a phone number. Interestingly, it failed twice on my cell and I'd answer the phone to silence. Then I tried my home phone and got an automated voice that had me enter a code to confirm that I was a real person answering the phone and accepting the order.

Weird, but the key worked just fine. As I recall, they're a legitimate company just not one really well known or with anything exceptional about them. Per their website, they are a "licensed software partner of game publishers like EA, Ubisoft and THQ".

From my understanding, they are a legit game sales website from Germany. I think I remember reading somewhere that they can be a pain to buy from. (telephone confirmation, photo id confirmation, etc). I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong or thinking of the wrong site.
y u sadpanda gamesrocket??? r u a gamesrocket rep?

This talk of Scorchers DLC for Rage has me interested, but it suffers from Bethesdaitis at only 50% off. However, I did get the game for free as I was working retail at the time and got it through Bethesda's retail associate site.
I would say it's worth 2.50. I got it on sale one of the times it was 75% off, but if i got it for half off I'd feel like I got my money's worth.

Wasn't Gamesrocket the one that dicked around with Drabes on that Elder Scrolls Online deal and then eventually just cancelled on him?

*Edit: Yup.

So I bought Elder Scrolls online from the Nazi's over at gamesrocket....my order is still processing with an estimated arrival time of 5-15 minutes and I purchased it over 24 hours ago.

They even had some shitty phone verification after I ordered it that I completed, got an email that said I was verified...

Maybe they run on nazi time, or they are warming up some sausage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNyTPUTfmkc
So I emailed GamesNaziRocket...asked them what the deal was

Dear Customer,

I´m very sorry that I have to tell you that, but our shop had a problem because of the high demand for your product "The Elder Scrolls online" and wasn´t able to update the delivery status fast enough.
That is why you have been able to order the game even though the game was sold out. We know that is not very customer-friendly and I have to apologize that.

Of course we can cancel your order and give you a full refund, because we don´t know exactly when the game is available again.
Please tell us if you want a refund.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards

Dave (Deiter)

Less than 15 minutes later, without a reply by me my order is cancelled and I'm refunded

NEIN!

JShackles tested it and it doesn't work.
Someone posted about doing four at a time later and said they'd had success with it. As long as it tracks the playtime, it should be effective, and it still invalidates the refund so it's not circumventing anything. Maybe 4 games will track but 200+ won't.

However, I guess I could see Valve just applying the same multi-game card slowdown to the initial 2 hours unnecessarily if that were the lazier option. Instead of 2:00 + n(drop time), making it n(2:00 +drop time), with n being a variable increasing with the number of Steam apps running.

They should have an option to opt out of refund before booting up a game with cards

or give you cards faster after two hours

or some other easy fix to make things more convenient

I can't remember the verdict on: Planetary Annihilation
Good RTS, or is it an incomplete game that the devs gave up on?
I've been doing some research on it lately and it seems like at launch it was an absolute mess but it looks like the dev is still working on it and improving it. Currently it seems to be in an ok state with a lot of stuff fixed but still missing a few things. The general opinion seems to be that it is a decent RTS currently.

I've been doing some research on it lately and it seems like at launch it was an absolute mess but it looks like the dev is still working on it and improving it. Currently it seems to be in an ok state with a lot of stuff fixed but still missing a few things. The general opinion seems to be that it is a decent RTS currently.
it is basically a poorman's starcraft. looks like it belong on the ios/android platform.

bread's done
Back