Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Will there really be a sale without a feature slot on Risen stuff?  Come to think of it... have any Deep Silver games been featured this sale?

I would have expected at least Saints Row by now.

Anyway, Vampire Bloodlines is a good deal sub $5.  'course it's been $5 multiple times in the past.  I would consider Bulletstorm if it weren't like four hours long.

I have a question about Elder Scrolls games and DLC, would appreciate any insight.

I bought Oblivion and Morrowind a while ago, and I think I bought the vanilla versions. Now I believe those game pages have switched over to GOTY versions, but in Steam it says I don't have any DLC. When I click the pages for the games in my library it points to the GOTY edition which it says I already own. So not only can I not just rebuy the GOTY versions for $5 to get the DLC, they aren't selling the DLC separately. How can I resolve this? Itching to play Morroblivion but I can't install without DLC. Thanks!

I don't think they ever sold a 'vanilla' version of Morrowind on Steam.  Probably not for Oblivion, either.  For stuff that's packaged together, especially older Bethesda stuff, you're not going to see individual DLC listings in the Steam library.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question about Elder Scrolls games and DLC, would appreciate any insight.

I bought Oblivion and Morrowind a while ago, and I think I bought the vanilla versions. Now I believe those game pages have switched over to GOTY versions, but in Steam it says I don't have any DLC. When I click the pages for the games in my library it points to the GOTY edition which it says I already own. So not only can I not just rebuy the GOTY versions for $5 to get the DLC, they aren't selling the DLC separately. How can I resolve this? Itching to play Morroblivion but I can't install without DLC. Thanks!

I don't think they ever sold a 'vanilla' version of Morrowind on Steam. Probably not for Oblivion, either.
What Mooby said. Mine doesn't show I own any DLC but I bought the GOTY and I have all the DLC. Did you try just playing it?

You're probably right about Morrowind, as the game doesn't even have a "DLC" option for me, but Oblivion does. Here's what happens when I click it...

http://postimg.org/image/ri57ildh5/

:edit: never mind, i just went to play it and it looks like it's there. Think I only have Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles, do you know if the other stuff that comes with deluxe is there too? Not that that really matters, but more so just curious. Appreciate the help!

You're probably right about Morrowind, as the game doesn't even have a "DLC" option for me, but Oblivion does. Here's what happens when I click it...

:edit: never mind, i just went to play it and it looks like it's there. Think I only have Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles, do you know if the other stuff that comes with deluxe is there too? Not that that really matters, but more so just curious. Appreciate the help!
Like... HORSE ARMOR! I don't know for certain but my assumption is they never sold Oblivion piecemeal via Steam. I think the last bit of Oblivion DLC was... 2008? Maybe. So I'd assume everything is in there.

If you're looking to play a prettier Morrowind you're probably better off with one of those massive overhaul mods (MGE?) rather than Morrowblivion.

Like... HORSE ARMOR! I don't know for certain but my assumption is they never sold Oblivion piecemeal via Steam. I think the last bit of Oblivion DLC was... 2008? Maybe. So I'd assume everything is in there.
Reading up on Oblivion, there is a GOTY and a GOTY Deluxe, but that's it.

Also, for Beasts of Prey I have:

Me

Syntax Error

Need 2 more!

LOL yeah whatever it is definitely isn't terribly important but I remember there was like a house where you could craft spells and stuff which was helpful. Just thought it was weird how they have it set up with two pages as GOTY and Deluxe GOTY with the bonus horse armor lol. Don't remember them having the deluxe version when I went to buy it.

How is the Skyrim DLC? I've played vanilla before and loved it, might grab that for 5 bucks, but if the DLC is worth it then maybe I'll grab the whole thing. Skywind and Skyblivion seem awesome too but by the time they're 100% finished with them the whole GOTY version will probably be $5 anyway.

LOL yeah whatever it is definitely isn't terribly important but I remember there was like a house where you could craft spells and stuff which was helpful. Just thought it was weird how they have it set up with two pages as GOTY and Deluxe GOTY with the bonus horse armor lol. Don't remember them having the deluxe version when I went to buy it.

How is the Skyrim DLC? I've played vanilla before and loved it, might grab that for 5 bucks, but if the DLC is worth it then maybe I'll grab the whole thing. Skywind and Skyblivion seem awesome too but by the time they're 100% finished with them the whole GOTY version will probably be $5 anyway.
I've never personally played the Skyrim DLC. My impression is that the house building crap and Dawnguard aren't really worth it but Dragonborne/the trip to Morrowind in the Skyrim engine probably is.. sadly they refuse to discount the DLC 75%

is risen ever featured?
Almost every major sale.

I might buy Mark of the Ninja any good??
Been bundled but, yes, it's an excellent 2D stealth platformer. And if I say something is excellent you know it probably is~

I might buy Mark of the Ninja any good??
Its arguably the best game on the entire front page right now. Its one of my all-time favorites period.

It has been bundled before, and you may be able to find it cheaper in trade, but its been a while since it has been. For 2.24 (go ahead and get the Special Edition for 2.69), its not a big risk IMO since you're liking to have to pay that from a trader anyway (maybe a TF2 key but not much cheaper). Its a really strong game from top to bottom, does stealth awesomely....and you're a badass ninja.

It's been in 2 Humbles. Once about a year ago and it was bundled close to 2 years ago for the first time. I wouldnt expect it again soon, espc since it was a perfect candidate for that All Stars bundle they did a week or two ago and wasnt there.

Hmm. Only thing slightly appealing are the HAWX games and Endwar, but unless someone is willing to trade HAWX 1 for 2 or End War (2/EW are price-jacked here), that's just more games to skip over.

Its arguably the best game on the entire front page right now. Its one of my all-time favorites period.
^ He is correct. Also, sub $3 for the game + DLC. No brainer if you don't own it. Klei does not make bad games. Except Eets. And Shank is kind of underwhelming... but other than those... no!

I've never personally played the Skyrim DLC. My impression is that the house building crap and Dawnguard aren't really worth it but Dragonborne/the trip to Morrowind in the Skyrim engine probably is.. sadly they refuse to discount the DLC 75%
Cool, I can definitely hold off then. Hopefully Morroblivion will keep me busy for a while in the mean time. Appreciate the help and input. Cheers!

Does Microsoft bundle their stuff? They had the one Arcade bundle at Amazon once upon a time, years ago, but I don't see their stuff on the bundle sites.
I think it's mostly indie games. Not really a "game", but the Age of Empires II DLC is in a current bundle which is Microsoft. There's also these:

Dust An Elysian Tale

Mark of the Ninja

Deadlight

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Ms Splosion Man

Loco Cycle

Pinball FX2

Pretty sure it already has been. Will it be again... maybe in some Klei promo bundle.

so likely in fact that it has already ended up at humblebundle!
sorry, i don't play alot of indie looking games, especially games that looks like they belong on ios/android, or the ouya. i didn't build my pc to play 2d side scrollers, or games that looks like it belong in the ps2 era. especially, if it is not free

Hmm. Only thing slightly appealing are the HAWX games and Endwar, but unless someone is willing to trade HAWX 1 for 2 or End War (2/EW are price-jacked here), that's just more games to skip over.
I was looking at Hawx myself, but Hawx 2 is really terrible apparently + its one of those persistent online games and its not even working at the moment. Endwar has a stupid gimmick where you command everything by voice and Hawx 1 I just cant be bothered with.

I was looking at Hawx myself, but Hawx 2 is really terrible apparently + its one of those persistent online games and its not even working at the moment. Endwar has a stupid gimmick where you command everything by voice and Hawx 1 I just cant be bothered with.
Thanks for that. I might pick up Hawx 1 in that case, if the other two aren't worth having.

You may have already gotten it figured out but I checked and had the Oblivion GOTY Deluxe version and it has one dlc listing of "Oblivion Game of the Year DLC" on the dlc page, probably full of horse armor

Thanks for that. I might pick up Hawx 1 in that case, if the other two aren't worth having.

Where will this epic game be streamed?
I don't know about streaming, but I'll upload some Raptr Plays.tv blurry footage so you can see some of the hawt naked dino action.

Edit:

And with that hosting I've converted most of the Steam wallet I went out and bought into Paypal. Happy I did since the sale definitely did not tempt me as much as I thought it might. Still will probably end up having bought $20ish of impulse horror/survival games by sales end though. We'll see what the next few days hold.

bread's done
Back