Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Apparently WB knew the pc version of Arkham Knight was shit for months. Makes me wonder why they didn't just delay it.

http://kotaku.com/sources-warner-bros-knew-that-arkham-knight-pc-was-a-1714915219

Also what happened in this thread

dIUr2Hl.gif

If you want a good, cheap phone, then you should just get the Amazon Fire Phone. It's GSM unlocked and usually goes on sale for $189 and comes with a year of Amazon Prime for free. You'll be able to try out any carriers with a SIM card since it's unlocked--T-Mobile is doing A LOT to become the best mobile carrier in the US right now, giving away lots of free stuff and free unlimited upgrades. It runs Fire OS, based on the Linux kernel, and it uses the Amazon Appstore where tons of apps are free. And it has great HD resolution for watching Prime shows or Netflix/Hulu. The downsides are that it doesn't have a very good internal browser (kinda like Windows phones) and it doesn't use Dolby Atmos speakers.

But it's a great introductory phone, and it's basically $90 unlocked. You can't even get an S2 on ebay for $90 used.
I'm a perpetual contract phone person and usually get cheap phones. I think my most expensive phone might have been $90 before I got the Fire Phone. I'm a big fan of the Fire Phone. Great price and $90 after you take into account the year of prime. I also did a deal on Netontherun where I got $45 a month unlimited everything and a $100 Amazon GC after 4 months on autopay. They use T-Mobile's network and for us the service sucks (no service half the time) so we switched over Cricket wireless and the service is a ton better now.

wtf are you doing on your phone to get that? do you like download all your games there and then offload them to your pc?
I live in the country miles from the closest town which has a population of 200. It's called use the 4g on my phone and put out a wifi hotspot or deal with my shitty ass dsl which while fine for browsing and email is horrible for actually downloading anything. Just a patch for Pillars of Eternity was going to take hours without using my phone as a hotspot let alone any actual games I purchase and want to install. The digital age is not kind to those of us in rural areas.

Apparently WB knew the pc version of Arkham Knight was shit for months. Makes me wonder why they didn't just delay it.

http://kotaku.com/sources-warner-bros-knew-that-arkham-knight-pc-was-a-1714915219

Also what happened in this thread

dIUr2Hl.gif
This explains plenty to me about the crap PC port:

Our second source said Warner Bros. internal QA focused on bug-checking specifically at 720p resolutions. Most PC players with decent hardware expect to run games at 1080p or higher. If Warner Bros. was using 720p at as a benchmark, that helps explain the large performance gap.
9Gjy6hn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pinball Arcade tournaments on Steam:

The first timed Steam (PC / Mac) tournament is underway!

Tables:
Space Shuttle™
Ripley's Believe It or Not!®
Twilight Zone™
Cactus Canyon™
Victory™
Haunted House™
Tee'd Off™
Class of 1812™

1. Make sure you are logged into your FarSight account.
2. Select "Tournaments" from the main menu of the game.

Get in there and rack up those scores!!!
Most of the tables are from Season One or Two but Ripley's was also in the 1-cent pack from last year's summer sale.

Also Pinball FX2 has Ant-Man in two weeks.

tumblr_m70rgydeiw1qankrd31.gif

Maybe players will accept it as "good enough".

Maybe nobody told them about steam refunds.
Maybe WB suits are mad out of touch. Or just don't care. Or looking for console parity.

Or a mixture of those.

Who knows - especially if they are thinking of testing the game at running at 720p on the PC.

Seriously - who the heck uses sub-1080p on new PC games anymore?

When it's money being taken away from them + refunded - sure, now that might care. But, damage has already been done. They screwed-up. Massively. AGAIN.

Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan - 89TLF-573HQ-FH4Y3
Blue Rose - 899P6-L2W7R-97X95
Super Chain Crusher Horizon - 86WXB-ICNEC-5JXRQ
Muffin Knight - 8XYY9-NCV3P-M5JJD
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - CXP3H-50VM4-MXGAY
Silence of the Sleep - CP07B-GY6LF-J7RY0
BloodRayne Betrayal - 8VGDX-GIG9X-LNMTN
Bloodsports.TV - 8ENMX-BB6G7-ARR4M
Monument Builders - Alcatraz - 7KAN8-W25HR-IBT99
Terra Incognita - Chapter One: The Descendant - 7MAXG-ZXV6W-DY5AG
Aaru's Awakening - 7I47I-HFCVL-0ZW86
Insecticide Part 1 - 7WBC5-DTCX2-G4LH0
Kung Fu Strike - The Warrior's Rise - E0PGZ-586QI-NLCN5
Wildlife Creative Studio - DGYBF-Q0WQG-LJWP2
The Book of Legends - HDK0C-B8DNK-8THY2
3 Stars of Destiny - HAFWL-7EKHJ-32G4E
Project Temporality - GH0EF-NGKHI-3BM4F
Fortune's Tavern - The Fantasy Tavern Simulator - GDKQQ-R52MK-AGW30

Monument Builders - Alcatraz - 7KAN8-W25HR-IBT99
Terra Incognita - Chapter One: The Descendant - 7MAXG-ZXV6W-DY5AG
Aaru's Awakening - 7I47I-HFCVL-0ZW86
Fortune's Tavern - The Fantasy Tavern Simulator - GDKQQ-R52MK-AGW30
All lurked.

Breakout Invaders: 2E4VP-L920H-HQTTJ

Why So Evil: 2F5R2-2YGMY-PFMQL

Why So Evil 2 Dystopia: 2D0QJ-DEEBH-6FXVG

The Nightmare Cooperative: 2B9K7-4J45V-IKH5D

Red Lake: 2E72P-NJQ6Z-IP4EK

Square Heroes: 2CV4F-DD22C-IAHRI

Joe's Adventure or Jimmy's Vendetta worth a cool $1.99 in gabenbucks?
I only played Jimmy's. It's essentially plotless, mainly just a loose story to tie together a bunch of challenges: Steal a specific car on the other side of town and drive it back in 3 minutes, stop three groups of guys from hijacking some trucks, rob four stores in far corners of the map to teach someone a lesson, that sort of thing. The best thing about it was that it's pretty much "free play" mode since the game saves any time you enter any of the apartment/homes from the base game. So, unlike the main game, you can drive around, shoot things up and be stupid without the whole "Mission fail" bit when you get killed. You just respawn where ever you saved last and keep rolling.

Nice giveaway. I tried Breakout Invaders and Square Heroes, both were gone.

Hammerwatch: 8EJP6-I3WTL-T7W0V
Boid: 5R7PC-HNRZW-3CZT7
Hero Siege: QEAR5-6XWDX-3MTTT
Fairy Bloom Freesia: Y6QGF-IAXC7-ARIN0
I, Zombie: 3LT74-N2H39-EZMMQ(used?)
Forsaken Uprising: EI3RK-XMNFZ-5GTMK
Slaughtering Grounds: NNFIB-NR72B-GBLYZ

One Finger Death Punch: 2GZQM-2420B-QMADM
Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi: FQZFL-GPDLM-GIW3I
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition: TC58M-6IBXJ-GJY3J
Guacamelee Gold Edition: YQPJ2-E6DJ6-86KTE
STALKER Clear Sky: 239XW-TF6GH-IXIAJ
Dead Effect: ZXG5P-V9P6P-0Z2ZI
Claire: Z58CK-EM8P9-QQR7D

Legends of Aethereus: CGLQ6-JN7HM-725WG
Vanguard Princess: I2BVZ-FZL9G-723GZ
Gravity Badgers: 258XW-ZHILD-7DE5I

And the crown jewel of this code drop that I apparently had left over from an AMD promotion

Alien Isolation:
Z2FEE-HD4YH-BP8CD

On the Steam and video game related front, went to check Paradox for the Cities: Skylines patch notes and saw they were having a sale: 

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/featured-deals

It also seemed to be mostly stuff either overpriced or priced the same it's been a 1000 times before, but...saleee?

To the Cities: Skylines patch, the two best/most interesting parts to me is the introduction of pedestrian walkway tunnels, hopefully it's possible means I can make ped paths now they'll actually take, because waiting 2-3 minutes at a light is easier then spending 30 seconds to slightly out of the way to get to the ped bridge. The second part is they added 30 new growables, though they didn't say which theme or if it's split between them or what, but still 30 new building can't be bad! The rest of the stuff:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/30-new-buildings-auto-save-train-fix-more-1-1-1b-is-here.867193/

• Improved error handling for when a mod does unholy operations
  • Added "unsubscribe all" button in the Steam Workshop category in Content Manager
  • Fixed De-zoning areas sometimes results in zoned tiles reappearing
  • Fixed trains stuck to map borders
    Important note: This takes a few minutes to go into effect on old saves experiencing this issue. Please let it work its magic!

[*]New option panel layout
[*]Auto-save option added for games
[*]Graphics: visual glitches with pavement on steep slopes fixed
[*]Fixed polish UI audio volume not fitting the Options panel
[*]Fixed the keymapping in all languages not fitting to fit on 2 lines
[*]Fixed missing info tooltips for markers (smoke, large smoke, info tooltip shot, invisible parking space and steam)
[*]Fixed the "-noWorkshop" toggle to completely disable the Steam workshop integration
[*]Fixed mouse wheel to scroll the build toolbar
[*]Added shutter sound to snapshots in map editor
[*]Fixed left and right mouse button references in all languages
[*]Ability to reset keybindings to default without losing all other settings
[*]Installing multiple workshop items at once should not freeze the game anymore
[*]Dedicated options space for mod settings (IUserMod.OnSettingsUI(), added checkbox, button, slider and dropdown support) - http://www.skylineswiki.com/Mod_Options_Panel
[*]Asset editor: Added new thumbshot and infoshot tools for capturing thumbnail and infotooltip images, respectively
[*]Asset editor: Automatic snapshot, thumbshot, and infoshot are taken when opening the save panel for an asset (unless the user already took them)
[*]Asset editor: Save asset panel now has the ability to select which to use of available thumbnails and infotooltips
[*]Asset editor: Trailer and LOD colors show correctly in the editor when editing color variations
[*]Asset editor: Removed color variation property from trees since it is not used by the game
[*]Asset editor: Optimizations on saving/loading custom assets
[*]Asset editor: Fixed a bug where creating several new assets during the same session would get the same ID, resulting in e.g. snapshots going to the same folder
[*]Asset editor: Fixed additional polygons sometimes appearing in the models when scaling and/or rotating models
[*]Asset editor: Scaling the model larger no longer makes it vanish from the preview camera
[*]Asset editor: Overriding only some of the lod textures (e.g. assetname_lod_d) now works again without having to override any of the others
[*]Asset Editor: Railtracks now available in Intersection editor
[*]Asset Editor: Loading an asset does not reset the previously entered description
[*]Asset Editor: Level 2 specialized industrial buildings can now be imported and edited
[*]Design: Now possible to see what all future milestones unlock
[*]RUS/GER: Fixed the "View on steam workshop" text cut-off in Content Manager.
[*]Fixed trucks stop and wait outside cargo train station, blocking traffic
[*]Added population info in the load panel for new save games

lol way to dismiss.

Well if you read and watch something on the internet, it must be true right? I mean other people said so so that beats my first hand experience.

Anyway, I think it may be something like the whole 30fps argument where some people claim they can notice the difference and others don't. It may well be doing what they say in the background but for practical usage for me I just don't notice it and have not found any problems multitasking. Others may notice different or they may be running benchmarks and going ZOMG and freaking out at numbers. I don't know. I just know for me I'm happy with it.

So I'm glad you're glad other people have posted youtube vids and made you not buy it. Whatever works for you. I didn't mean to step your your internet Android researcher expertise. Just gave my personal experience is all.
I'm not going to get into an argument with you, I'm glad you're happy with it, truly I am. It still is a really nice phone. But the facts are that it has a major issue with RAM management. If you watch that video you can see that once you open a few programs and go back to old ones it has to re-load them while other phones are able to keep them loaded in memory. It isn't some phantom thing, it's easily observable and repeatable.

I'll leave it at this, if anyone is seriously interested in an S6 then do your own research on the issue, there is plenty of information out there on it.

Since we're talking everything in here these days, I'll throw this shit out there:

Is there ANY WAY to still get Amazon Prime for less than the new-ish price of 100 asshole-stretching dollars? My sub comes up for renewal in about a week and I'm not ready to let go, just yet.

Since we're talking everything in here these days, I'll throw this shit out there:

Is there ANY WAY to still get Amazon Prime for less than the new-ish price of 100 asshole-stretching dollars? My sub comes up for renewal in about a week and I'm not ready to let go, just yet.
Amazon student comes to mind. Should be 49 bucks or something. If you have access to an .edu address just use it.

Can get 6 months free with an .edu address if never used before, just no streaming, just the Prime shipping and stuff. IIRC.

Amazon student comes to mind. Should be 49 bucks or something. If you have access to an .edu address just use it.

Can get 6 months free with an .edu address if never used before, just no streaming, just the Prime shipping and stuff. IIRC.
I'm not a student and I don't have access to an .edu unless someone knows of something... *wink wink nod nod*

bread's done
Back