Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Can someone explain why Fallen Enchantress is great? I spent like 12 hours trying to learn LH a while back and I just couldn't get into it. I've spent plenty of time with both 4Xs and HOMM-style games, but somehow the gameplay didn't click for me, and the graphics were so bad I decided I'd rather gouge out my eyes than look at it anymore. From an art direction standpoint I feel like it's the ugliest game I've played; at least pixel graphics have a pseudo-excuse.
I love it because it reminds me A LOT of Master of Magic. The 4x plus missions, heroes and RPG elements are really well put together.

I haven't played the first FE, so I don't know about graphics, but I really don't care much.

About combat, Eador is a bit better imho, but there are some things here that are really unique.

There are a lot of factions, and personalization is fantastic. They really did a great job there. It will take some time to learn it, but it deserves it. After about 30 hours, I'm still learning

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like there's a Dead Island: Definitive Edition on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Really.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-22-it-looks-like-theres-going-to-be-a-dead-island-definitive-edition
Well, I can see that making sense on PS4 + X1 - since old-consoles can't compete w/ PC in most instances graphically on the technical side.

But, do we even really need this on the PC?

I guess to answer that question - for us on PC, that's really going to depend on how they remaster the game graphically w/ better textures + graphics features; if they add any new content; actually decide to improve storytelling + character development (I'd doubt this part); and anything else.

I wonder if it'll include both Complete Editions of Dead Island original + Riptide. Honestly, it should.

How much are conversion fees from Non-USA to USD?
Looks like conversion fees are 2.5% via PayPal.
You can change the default conversion method for payments but it's a pain in the ass to find.

PayPal Settings --> Scroll to bottom right for Preapproved Payments --> Set Available Funding Sources --> Select card and "Conversion Options" -- > Change setting to "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice" --> Submit

You'll have to do this for each card you plan on using.
PayPal charges harsher conversion fees that you likely get from your bank or credit card holder. You can change it to use your bank's rates (PayPal will give dire warnings that you won't know what they are but they're almost certainly less than PP's) but PayPal, unsurprisingly, doesn't make the option easy to find.

My bank charged me $2.16 for Medieval: Total War last night versus the $2.40ish PayPal wanted.

They probably realized that the now ex-dev of the sequel made a really, really shitty game, and now they're gonna try and recoup some of the cost by pushing out a "definitive" edition of the original with better framerate, new content, and more bloom
I read now the full article and I realized the final link for pre ordering Dead Island 2 redirects to....
Amazon Spain, of course!!!!! That makes sense now.

It's actually censored, namely Doom 1 & Doom 2 that are included in it. :p There's no uncensored version at all.
I still have the old DOOM Collector's Edition pack from retail (which includes Complete Ed's of Doom 1+2 & also Final Doom).

Final Doom seems to not be in D3: BFG - so, this retail pack just got reinstalled for Final Doom.

I'm gonna have to go looking around for good Source Ports to run these old-school Doom WAD's.

Been a while - I think I used to use Doomsday, back in the day.

PayPal charges harsher conversion fees that you likely get from your bank or credit card holder. You can change it to use your bank's rates (PayPal will give dire warnings that you won't know what they are but they're almost certainly less than PP's) but PayPal, unsurprisingly, doesn't make the option easy to find.

My bank charged me $2.16 for Medieval: Total War last night versus the $2.40ish PayPal wanted.
I can't seem to find the Conversion Options selection. Any help?

EDIT: Guessing it's because I have a bank account on file, and not a CC.

I can't seem to find the Conversion Options selection. Any help?

EDIT: Guessing it's because I have a bank account on file, and not a CC.
They made it a royal pain in the ass to find now:

go & login to the paypal site

go to settings cog on top right

hit edit next to payment preferences

click on pre-approved payments

click set available funding sources

click conversion options - chose the right option & hit submit

I think he's right though that it doesn't allow you to change it for direct checking access via your bank, only to set it for credit/debit cards.  I just use my debit card tied to the account and have the debit card options set to use my bank's rates.

I posted the same instructions upthread on this page.

You're on the list, buddy, for hurting my whore feelings.
lol I didn't even see that. Would have been a hell of a lot easier to just point Audio Vicious at that post than go through the process and make sure I typed it all out right. Oh well!

internscomeinexcitedbutdontstaythatway.gif

Anyway: Sorry for hurting your whore feelings!

Yeah, well, now it's keeping a list for me: MysterD, Fatality, DrROCk, whoever this "5 others" asshole guy is...

"5 others" would be a pretty funny user name but not funny enough for me to actually switch mine.

We already had EA Accounts years ago. EA never merged them with Origin properly. For fuck's sake...

I got this email yesterday morning, this is ridiculous.
As usual, EA can't make up their mind.

First EA Download Manager; then EA Origin; now becoming EA Account.

I wonder it'll become way layer - maybe EA Account Origins Download Manager?

Better than when we had to log in to EA Downloader, The Sims, and Bioware separately.

Also makes more sense due to EA accounts already being cross platform. Doubt anything will actually change with Origin

or fuck we made a mistake, lets put our newer games on steam
We at EA are dedicated to delivering our fans quality, DLC-ridden products year after year after year, and to that end we have decided to abandon our failed PC client project, and are excited to announce our partnership with one of the largest and most beloved companies in the business.

That's right - from this point forward, all EA titles will be available exclusively through the Capsule Playfire Client!*

*Existing purchases will not be honored, due to discrepancies with, uh, code, or something, but you're free to purchase them again!

bread's done
Back