Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Windows 10 and Steam. So I guess it means Windows 10 store, rather than Windows 10 requirement or could be both or either. Who knows.
inb4 MysterD freaks out that the sky is falling and that games will start requiring Windows 10 even though it obviously just means it will be sold on the damned store.

Windows 10 and Steam. So I guess it means Windows 10 store, rather than Windows 10 requirement or could be both or either. Who knows.
They specifically mention Win 10. So, yeah - it's possible this might not even be coming to Win 7, 8 + 8.1.

That'd especially be true if this requires DX12.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

EDIT:

inb4 MysterD freaks out that the sky is falling and that games will start requiring Windows 10 even though it obviously just means it will be sold on the damned store.
Well, we do know Gears of War: Remastered looks to be also Win 10 exclusive:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gears-of-war-remastered-coming-to-pc-playable-at-4/1100-6428256/

I wouldn't put it past Microsoft, personally.

I mean, they are giving free upgrades to Win 10 for Win 7, 8, 8.1 users.

Could be a way to force gamers to eventually just give in + take the upgrade.

But, again - only time will tell.

We'll eventually find out, for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone please explain the Rocket League popularity to me? It just looks like soccer played by matchbox cars to me. Is there any actual depth to the game?

Could someone please explain the Rocket League popularity to me? It just looks like soccer played by matchbox cars to me. Is there any actual depth to the game?
its a lot tougher controlling the cars and the ball than it seems, and there is a bit of depth and strategy due to boosts and powerups around the map plus hitting other players. but yeah its not the most amazing game in the world, but if you play with a friend or two it can be hilariously fun, like a bar game basically

photo-15263.jpg
Dib_Cry.jpg

They specifically mention Win 10. So, yeah - it's possible this might not even be coming to Win 7, 8 + 8.1.

That'd especially be true if this requires DX12.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

EDIT:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gears-of-war-remastered-coming-to-pc-playable-at-4/1100-6428256/

Only new Windows 10 technology will run that 9 year old Xbox 360 game with some updated textures. Better get a new video card with more VRAM. 3.5 GB was so Windows 8.1.

Killer Instinct will also be Windows 10 exclusive:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-s-killer-instinct-coming-to-pc-with-cross/1100-6428255/

Iron Galaxy is involved.

They did the Batman: AK PC port.

Oh, boy...
To be fair Iron Galaxy is a smaller company and something big like Arkham Knight was really out of their league. Their ports of smaller games like Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online, Marvel vs Capcom Origins and Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara were fine.

Also, Iron Galaxy is the one who actually worked on Season 2 for Killer Instinct so having them work on the PC port should work out fine.

It's really sad when the Quakecon sales report is worse than the GMG sale.  (shamelessly cut and pasted for someones amusement)

Thursday, July 23 - The Elder Scrolls

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition - $6.80
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Deluxe Edition - $12.50
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition - $20.00
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Imperial Edition - $53.59
On sale on Steam, GameStop PC downloads, Humble Store, Amazon, and Direct2Drive.

Friday, July 24 - id Software

Doom 3 BFG (Includes Doom 1 & 2) - $6.80
Doom Classic Complete (Steam only) - $7.50
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $11.99
Wolfenstein: The New Order - $20.40
On sale on Steam, GameStop PC downloads, Humble Store, Amazon, and Direct2Drive.

Sunday, July 26 - Fallout

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition - 5 DLCs included - $10.00
Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition - $10.00
Fallout: Classic Collection (Steam only) - $10.00
Fallout: Tactics - $3.40

All Week - Bethesda Collection

Fallout 3 (GOTY)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (Bundle)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Legendary)
Dishonored (GOTY)
The Evil Within (Bundle)
On Steam only for $99.99. Was $354.90.

It's really sad when the Quakecon sales report is worse than the GMG sale. (shamelessly cut and pasted for someones amusement)

Thursday, July 23 - The Elder Scrolls

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition - $6.80
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Deluxe Edition - $12.50
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition - $20.00
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Imperial Edition - $53.59

Friday, July 24 - id Software

Doom 3 BFG (Includes Doom 1 & 2) - $6.80
Doom Classic Complete (Steam only) - $7.50
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $11.99
Wolfenstein: The New Order - $20.40

Sunday, July 26 - Fallout

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition - 5 DLCs included - $10.00
Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition - $10.00
Fallout: Classic Collection (Steam only) - $10.00
Fallout: Tactics - $3.40

All Week - Bethesda Collection

Fallout 3 (GOTY)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (Bundle)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Legendary)
Dishonored (GOTY)
The Evil Within (Bundle)
On Steam only for $99.99. Was $354.90.
dammit when is hexen ever going to get a half decent discount. these discounts in general are horrible though.

i also like that quake doesn't get a featured sale during quakcon

Steam key or nothing.
eh ESO is an MMO so IDGAF about having it on Steam. Not $28 of a fuck anyhow.

Also most of the rest of the stuff on this 'sale' were Steam keys on GMG and cheaper. Like $8 for Skyrim Legendary vs $20 at Steam.

Presumably, the Wolfenstein games will go cheaper on a different day, but I kind of doubt they will go 75% off + another 20% cheaper on Steam.

eh ESO is an MMO so IDGAF about having it on Steam. Not $28 of a fuck anyhow.

Also most of the rest of the stuff on this 'sale' were Steam keys on GMG and cheaper. Like $8 for Skyrim Legendary vs $20 at Steam.

Presumably, the Wolfenstein games will go cheaper on a different day, but I kind of doubt they will go 75% off + another 20% cheaper on Steam.
Apart from ESO, there's no reason any good, Gaben fearing person shouldn't own all of those games by now anyway.

Apart from ESO, there's no reason any good, Gaben fearing person shouldn't own all of those games by now anyway.
I just bought the Skyrim Legendary from GMG @ $8 for the DLC. That shit never goes on a good sale so I figured that was as good as I'd ever get.

I just bought the Skyrim Legendary from GMG @ $8 for the DLC. That shit never goes on a good sale so I figured that was as good as I'd ever get.
On my phone so I'm not looking it up, but isn't that the best price it's ever been? I mean, that's even lower than what I got from a Russian less than a year ago.

I love the elder scrolls games. Probably one of my top 2 or 3 game series of all time. All you haters can suck a fat one
TES is just so damn boring outside of its utility as a modding platform.

It's great as that, though. I feel like having to stop to poo every few hours really authenticates my experience.

TES is just so damn boring outside of its utility as a modding platform.

It's great as that, though. I feel like having to stop to poo every few hours really authenticates my experience.
i disagree. i think theyre some of the most addicting and immersive games out there.

my opinion is always right which means you should probably re evaluate how you came to such a moronic conclusion

i disagree. i think theyre some of the most addicting and immersive games out there.

my opinion is always right which means you should probably re evaluate how you came to such a moronic conclusion
That's exactly what I'd expect a wrong-opinioned moran to say.

Or type, in this case.

Speaking of moranic Steam deals, this is the biggest RTFM situation of all time right here.

Mommy, could you please explain how the magic electronic eye picture drawing device works?

I'm mildly shocked that someone had the temerity to make this, let alone sell it.

dammit when is hexen ever going to get a half decent discount. these discounts in general are horrible though.

i also like that quake doesn't get a featured sale during quakcon
I've been on the lookout for a good deal on Heretic+Hexen as well. And it's an outrage that there's no Quake sale. I sure wish we'd hear something about Quake 5.

New batch of deals up for Gamesplanet: Day 5 - Summer Sale.

List of deals.
What that list REALLY needs is a column that says whether or not I own the game already.

fucking... whoever. nvidia started their MGS V promo and the card I want, to double up with, is like the only one NOT included. Bunch of horse ass and it just makes me want to spit.

EDIT:

AND the next poster can suck my balls. Sorry, but not.

Spit for five months and, when you're done, it'll be $9 on Nuuvem.
I'm sure it might, but it's the principle of the thing, which is fuck my life.

EDIT:

Well, it all worked out in the end, but I have to remember to cancel my Shoprunner trial before I get charged. fuck ing 1st world problems.

IndieGala finally made it too much of an effort to get free games. I'm not watching videos that won't pause to get a captcha code. If I wanted to do that I'd be Tremorbroing. :speaktothehand:
I didn't have to do that on any of the 52 email addresses I used.
Switch to progressive 52 times. Easy peasy
I'll sell you one.

IndieGala finally made it too much of an effort to get free games. I'm not watching videos that won't pause to get a captcha code. If I wanted to do that I'd be Tremorbroing. :speaktothehand:
I didn't have to do that on any of the 52 email addresses I used.
Switch to progressive 52 times. Easy peasy
I'll sell you one.

bread's done
Back