Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
o                                                                           m                                                                                   g

If you're playing at 1080p, and not using a budget card, you seriously don't need to worry about VRAM. You should think about where you went wrong in life if you're using Avant for your browser though.

blah blah blah
giphy.gif

o m g

If you're playing at 1080p, and not using a budget card, you seriously don't need to worry about VRAM. You should think about where you went wrong in life if you're using Avant for your browser though.
Avant - which has the 3 cores of IE, Chrome, and Firefox that you can switch b/t at any time - isn't the only browser I have installed.

I have plenty of installed browsers.

I might use Avant the most by far, but I still use Chrome here + there.

A browser so popular that when Googled, an RNB singer that I never heard of pops up first.

I too shop on Gametap using Avant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always liked both Firefox + Chrome. Avant having the 3 main cores and switching b/t them whenever necessary has always worked fine for me. Plus - I like the amount of functions, features, and customization that Avant offers.

I'm this close to buying MysterD a console so he can go bother the console peasant threads. Maybe I'll just convince his dad to buy one for him

I'm this close to buying MysterD a console so he can go bother the console peasant threads. Maybe I'll just convince his dad to buy one for him
That will never will happen. I've been a PC gamer since 1995 - and intend to stay that way.

I like that I can run most of my PC games at 1080p; Very High to Ultra settings; over 30 FPS and can run that at settings to get 60FPS if I want; run programs like MSI Afterburner to monitor this stuff; and sitting close to my monitor. I don't like the console's hardware limits of fixed-boxes + often lack of graphical settings features.

Plus, PC gamers are often priced much cheaper + have more sales way more often - as I'm sure you already know.

$50 to whomever hacks MysterD's account and gets him silenced til the end of the year.
Shouldn't be hard. He uses Avant, I bet you can easily keylog dat shit. Since no one's ever heard of it, it must have piss poor security. That's not counting his antivirus, who knows what he uses for that.

$50 to whomever hacks MysterD's account and gets him silenced til the end of the year.
On it.

dh3BjsZ.gif

Edit:

I still hope that we'll get a full cast commentary on this film one day. I want to hear everyone involved riff the hell out of it.

To add a counterpoint to all this specs and vram talk, I think PC's biggest advantage is backwards compatibility. On what other platform can you fire up all the GTA games on the same system, for example. I like the ability to play my backlog whenever I want, without worrying about having to plug in yet another system to play those games. Not having to rely on remasters or HD collections is wonderful.

And whenever I build another rig, I can reap the rewards in the form of higher framerates and visual quality settings on some of the more demanding titles.

{Backwards compatibility on PC}

To add a counterpoint to all this specs and vram talk, I think PC's biggest advantage is backwards compatibility. On what other platform can you fire up all the GTA games on the same system, for example. I like the ability to play my backlog whenever I want, without worrying about having to plug in yet another system to play those games. Not having to rely on remasters or HD collections is wonderful.

And whenever I build another rig, I can reap the rewards in the form of higher framerates and visual quality settings on some of the more demanding titles.
Yep. Definitely love having this huge library on the PC, dating all the way back to 1995. :)

I think the modding scene is another one of those PC benefits that I love, as well.

what i like about pc vs console is that pc has the spansking simoleattor series on it.

does xbox? no

playstation? no

wii u? no

ouya? don't know but i doubt it

Dying Light: The Following - "Reveal" Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B_ldti4QGI

http://funstockdigital.co.uk/mad-max-steam-key-pc-download

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/3gtymq/funstock_digital_mad_max_1749273250_off_use_code/

wow, Mad Max even cheaper than gmg on FUnstock. $27 with code. i know everyone is like, "wow, they're selling it this cheap already? it must be a real POS." but hey, i'm not an Metal Gear fan, so while most of you bruvs will be playing MGSV on the 1st, i'll be dealing with this probably poor pc port.
Wow. And this ain't even out yet. Still Pre-order time. Crazy.

Makes me wonder how quick places like Nuuvem, GMG, and others might drop this to 75% off.

FWIW, in spite of Reddit mods seeming to feel they are legit, I highly suspect Funstock Digital of being a grey market key seller. They sometimes sell games suspiciously way too cheap. Also back when that Grid Autosport $2 debacle happened and they ran out of keys and made people wait a week when someone on Reddit pressed them they claimed they get their keys from a source (ie not the publisher) but would not disclose the source. Most likely those keys are sourced from Eastern Europe.

It doesn't make a difference to me one way or another but it's something to consider when buying from them. Also I wouldn't necessarily classify a cheap sale from them on a pre-order or new release as a sign that the publisher is lacking confidence in a game. They obviously don't source their keys directly from the publishers and more than likely they are sourcing them from a much cheaper region, thus able to sell them cheaper.

FWIW, in spite of Reddit mods seeming to feel they are legit, I highly suspect Funstock Digital of being a grey market key seller. They sometimes sell games suspiciously way too cheap. Also back when that Grid Autosport $2 debacle happened and they ran out of keys and made people wait a week when someone on Reddit pressed them they claimed they get their keys from a source (ie not the publisher) but would not disclose the source. Most likely those keys are sourced from Eastern Europe.

It doesn't make a difference to me one way or another but it's something to consider when buying from them. Also I wouldn't necessarily classify a cheap sale from them on a pre-order or new release as a sign that the publisher is lacking confidence in a game. They obviously don't source their keys directly from the publishers and more than likely they are sourcing them from a much cheaper region, thus able to sell them cheaper.
Yup. GMG has similar deal on Mad Max thought. They gave refunds for Arkham Knight, but apparently keys didn't get revoked, so who knows if it's legit deal or not. (Remember The Witcher 3 debacle).

At least you're not buying on G2A usermarket.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide -75% preorder

Might be glitch!
It is. GMG has it yet as pre order for full price. 29.99€ and I checked it a couple of minutes before.

It's already fixed.

It was double glitch.

1) Marked as Pre-order when the game is supposely to launch on 9th October (LOL)

2) 75% off discount for the Pre-order.

bread's done
Back