Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It is. GMG has it yet as pre order for full price. 29.99€ and I checked it a couple of minutes before.

It's already fixed.
Base-game hasn't even been 75% off.

Crazy glitch for base-game owners that wanted a Expansion pre-order!

Glitch-deal died quick, though.

It pained me to see a glitch that I couldn't take advantage of. But I don't own Beyond Earth, and wont until there is a complete addition 3 years from now.

Last edited by a moderator:
It pained me to see a glitch that I couldn't take advantage of. But I don't own Beyond Earth, and wont until there is a complete addition 3 years from now.
I think it might hit sooner the complete edition, because it was hammered down by reviewers, so I guess most of civ devs are moved to work on a new game. I don't see it being milked with dlc as much as it was Civ5.

Yeah, this is just the start of the dlc. Building cities on water looks cool, but I hope their plan for all the dlc isn't just adding an ability for each dlc.

Incidentally, I went to my Wallymart and bought Divinity: Original Sin.

finds-2015-08-13.jpg

They lowered the price to $9 (from $40 / 39.96), so I got it at 77.5% off. So you can thank me when it shows up in a Humble in a few minutes - or next week.

finds-2015-08-13.jpg

They lowered the price to $9 (from $40 / 39.96), so I got it at 77.5% off. So you can thank me when it shows up in a Humble in a few minutes - or next week.
Awesome.

Does retail version come w/ a Steam-key?

Awesome.

Does retail version come w/ a Steam-key?
Of course! This comes with a Steam key and a MysterD version. You plug the key into Steam, download the game / updates from there, then you can shut off Steam and play without the client.

Unfortunately we don't get a GOG key. I would've really liked that just to get the soundtrack. :(

Of course! This comes with a Steam key and a MysterD version. You plug the key into Steam, download the game / updates from there, then you can shut off Steam and play without the client.
Excellent! :)

Unfortunately we don't get a GOG key. I would've really liked that just to get the soundtrack. :(
As much as I liked soundtracks and all - this would not the end of the world for me.

Not at that price.

Looks like I'm gonna have to call and/or go visit my local WalMart's.

As much as I liked soundtracks and all - this would not the end of the world for me.

Not at that price.

Looks like I'm gonna have to call and/or go visit my local WalMart's.
Good luck... the local shop is very psychotic about what goes on clearance and what doesn't. They've had original DS games on clearance for over six months and they're just taking up shelf space. :( We rarely get the same things on clearance like other shops because why bother when they can still price gouge the Mexicans that shop there?

Yes, I hate those assholes. So this clearance price may only be a local thing.

There were actually two copies of this a while back but someone opened up a case and stole the key. -_-

finds-2015-08-13.jpg

Totally worth $10. Ima have to check as well...

Was thinking the same thing, but there's a free weekend of Beyond Earth, and the last time I participated in a Civilization free weekend, I ended up buying the base game and pre-ordering the next two expansions. To the cesspool!

Called 2 of my local nearby WalMart's - nobody's got Divinity: OS.

So...bleh.
Trust me, the people who answered the phone have no idea what is or is not in stock. Walmart clearance deals are always a YMMV thing and you just need hope for some good luck.

Good luck... the local shop is very psychotic about what goes on clearance and what doesn't. They've had original DS games on clearance for over six months and they're just taking up shelf space. :( We rarely get the same things on clearance like other shops because why bother when they can still price gouge the Mexicans that shop there?

Yes, I hate those assholes. So this clearance price may only be a local thing.

There were actually two copies of this a while back but someone opened up a case and stole the key. -_-
Wal-Mart clearances are always YMMV. And most Wal-Marts stock as many PC games as your average GameStop, which makes Wal-Mart clearances super-YMMV.

But that's a nice find if you can get it.

Ugh, if course it's not on their damned web site so you can check stock, not that it's reliable but it's something, and calling them is completely fucking useless because they're idiots. Looks like I'm going to have to drag my ass out for an excursion to WhiteTrashMart.

Also WTF were those idiots thinking selling boxed retail to the US? Of course it sits around til it goes on clearance this ain't 1996 and it's not Germany or Luxembourg or some shit.

Wal-Mart clearances are always YMMV. And most Wal-Marts stock as many PC games as your average GameStop, which makes Wal-Mart clearances super-YMMV.

But that's a nice find if you can get it.
My local store stocks the usual suspects - Skyrim Legendary, assorted 2K stuff, World of Warcraft / Starcraft / card game stuff, some EA games, Witcher III (for sixty bucks?!), Broken Age (ha ha no way in hell am I paying anything other than bundle price, Schafer) and about a half shelf worth of granny game packs ranging in price from $10 to $20. There's one pack in there that I want which has a bunch of games based on TV shows but hell if I'm paying $20 for it.

Ugh, if course it's not on their damned web site so you can check stock, not that it's reliable but it's something, and calling them is completely fucking useless because they're idiots. Looks like I'm going to have to drag my ass out for an excursion to WhiteTrashMart.

Also WTF were those idiots thinking selling boxed retail to the US? Of course it sits around til it goes on clearance this ain't 1996 and it's not Germany or Luxembourg or some shit.
Actually their website is pretty good at checking if something is in stock. As long as it's not on clearance.

My local store stocks the usual suspects - Skyrim Legendary, assorted 2K stuff, World of Warcraft / Starcraft / card game stuff, some EA games, Witcher III (for sixty bucks?!), Broken Age (ha ha no way in hell am I paying anything other than bundle price, Schafer) and about a half shelf worth of granny game packs ranging in price from $10 to $20. There's one pack in there that I want which has a bunch of games based on TV shows but hell if I'm paying $20 for it.
Witcher 3 (PC) will be the next game that sits around for like a year until finally the stores get sick of looking at it and clearance it the hell out.

European logic: Vee doo box in Merika ya.

Last Walmart(s) I've been too here, it's a few big name games (plus Diablo III and SC 2 battle chests) and time cards for about every MMO ever made in the past 5 years. Can still tell though where the old PC game section was, where the clearance console games are (well mostly clearance 3DS or w.e. it's called shitty tween games). 

Best Buy has the EVGA TORQ X3L mouse for $19.99 with free two day shipping (some stores stock it so can pick it up too. Got mine yesterday and just getting around to using it today and so far seems good for a $20 mouse. Haven't tried it in any games yet, because I don't play anything I actually need gaming mice for (but if it's $7 dollars more then a shitty wireless mouse, figured mine as well go for the gaming one) but yeah. Install was non-existent, plugged it in and everything works fine, including the dpi toggle thingy. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-torq-x3l-laser-gaming-mouse-blue/2499055.p?id=1219543509509&skuId=2499055

(if it's normally found that cheap, feel free to point it out and call me a dumbass =p)

Has anyone experienced screen tearing while browsing in Firefox recently? It's maddening because this shit was not happening yesterday and the only culprit I can think of is fuck ing Win 10, as it installed updates last night.

I'm borderline sick of this shit and I think I'm going back to 8.1.

No VRAM jokes, unless they're really funny.
Check your refresh rate under resolution it had mine at 60hz and I was noticing microstutter in BL2 changed it to 144hz my monitor refresh rate and it was gone don't know if it will help with tearing but something to check.

Devolver sales are such jokes. They NEVER drop retail price as the game gets older. They just slash higher percentages. OMG 90% OFF... but it's still $4 which is more than the whole SS series is worth at this point.

Devolver sales are such jokes. They NEVER drop retail price as the game gets older. They just slash higher percentages. OMG 90% OFF... but it's still $4 which is more than the whole SS series is worth at this point.
I mean it's the same effect. If they were another company ss bfe would probably be 20 bucks or something and sales would be 75% off, making it five dollars on sale. Or itd be 15 and 75% off so it'd be 3.75. Sales not really a "joke" just have a different marketing strategy I guess.

Check your refresh rate under resolution it had mine at 60hz and I was noticing microstutter in BL2 changed it to 144hz my monitor refresh rate and it was gone don't know if it will help with tearing but something to check.
The tv I do most of my browsing on is 60hz and that's what it's set to in Win10. It's only Firefox, as Chrome has no such problem. I'll just swear under my breath until a patch/fix is released.

Gods Will Be Watching is damn tempting, but I am reminded of Mooby's Law: if something can be bundled, it will be bundled.

Don't make me regret it, Humble. Put that game in your next numbered indie bundle.

I got GWBW a while back when GetGamesGo had it 75% off plus they were giving $4.50 credit to past customers. :p
I remember that, more specifically the e-mail saying that just because I bought their first bundle I technically had never bought from them before because it was a partner promotion, and that made me ineligible. It was one of those sassy British e-mails, too, the kind where he probably sat back and sipped some Earl Grey with a smirk on his face after he hit Send with Graham Roberts making a face behind him.

I remember that, more specifically the e-mail saying that just because I bought their first bundle I technically had never bought from them before because it was a partner promotion, and that made me ineligible. It was one of those sassy British e-mails, too, the kind where he probably sat back and sipped some Earl Grey with a smirk on his face after he hit Send with Graham Roberts making a face behind him.
Sounds like absolute poppycock!

I youtubed GWBW and I would have thrown my monitor across the room had I paid for it and got THAT ending. You have a story of secret agents, terrorism, viruses, genocide, slavery, evil empires, and ever present mysteries that I can't even allude to without spoiling them...

And then you end it with that shit? fuck you too buddy.

Really good soundtrack though. That one game music soundtrack bundle had it.

It's a HipsterPixel game. You were expecting Citizen Kane?

Really, if it didn't have some fuckYouI'mAnArtiste` ending I'd be surprised.

I bought my first Steam Card and first Steam games last night - La Mulana for $4.99 and XIIZeal for $5.09. Thing is, I still don't have the Alienware Alpha I want to get yet, but I'm glad to have a game on my account other than the free copy of Race To the Sun from a few weeks ago. Can anyone suggest anything else from the Japanese week sale?

I bought my first Steam Card and first Steam games last night - La Mulana for $4.99 and XIIZeal for $5.09. Thing is, I still don't have the Alienware Alpha I want to get yet, but I'm glad to have a game on my account other than the free copy of Race To the Sun from a few weeks ago. Can anyone suggest anything else from the Japanese week sale?
Gunhound EX for sure. The rest have either been bundled before (even recently) or are at shitty prices.

The "hot sexy anime babe" guy brought this thread down to the second page again. Way to go. Hope he gets banned.

bread's done
Back